• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just got a update on Pokemon Moon.
So...is this the Pokebank update or something else?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ugh, it's difficult keeping up with this news what I'm still dealing with what I hope is still the flu and not something else piggybacking on it. Fever, chills, and immense pain have given way to coughing, phlegm, and congestion...and occasional fever and chills.

But that's not why I'm here. I just realized something that might raise a few eyebrows.

So, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 came out of freakin' nowhere. Crazier yet, apparently it's on track for a 2017 release somehow?

At first, I figured that was the set date for the Japanese version, and that we'd be waiting until early 2018 to get it elsewhere. Would make sense, right?

But then I noticed something at the very beginning of the reveal trailer:

That bit where the protagonist says "I'm going to Elysium for you!"? The Japanese voice track never uses anything that sounds like a katakana "Elysium", meaning that was not a direct translation. In other words, the localization may already be well under way.

Maybe they really are trying to get this one out worldwide within a short time span, despite how voice-heavy it'll be.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2, ah, I give this Nintendo presentation a thumbs up just simply this game, no kidding. My hype got to it's peak when I saw this.
And the character design yeah it's more anime-vibe, but it's probably the best anime-look I've ever seen in a JRPG.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I am so happy to learn that ARMS can be played without motiom controls.

Now I'll probs pick it up... if the game is long enough.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The one thing that baffles me is the one thing LKD couldn't have guessed: the GotG Telltale game. IIRC, her leak was the first we heard of it, and low and behold it became a real thing at the Game Awards.

I'm inclined to believe hers may have been a case of good+bad info, but Liam, well...

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Do you guys think it will be fine to play XC2 without playing XC? I have no way of playing XC anyway w/o buying hardware. Ive seen some of Chuggas LP but only the first 3 or so episodes and I don't want to play XC. At the same time, I wouldn't want to miss out on stuff (even if minor) during XC2 cos it looks beautiful.
Smash Bros. confirmed? :b:

(thatwouldbenicebuti'llstopifyouguyswantmeto)
Yes pls, it's started to make me sad there wasn't any Smash news...
Miis better not get cut.

I just loved the simplicity of them and weren't creepy like those Xbox avatars.
I liked them too, but, I really don't care.

I wish Mii's had more customization, so I really loved the different visual costumes and clothes etc you could do in Smash4.
It isn't bundled.

It's not often I say this but...

1,2 Switch should not exist.
I agree.
I wouldn't want it even for free. I'm soooooo glad it's not bundled in!
Yeah Arms has button controls.

Very nice. Very nice.

Optional motion controls are things that everyone can appreciate.
Really? Great!! Motion control only would have been a automatic no for me.
Now I might actually get it if I get a Switch. Its giving me Splatoon & Overwatch vibes and looks pretty fun.

--- - - -
I don't want a Arms character as playable in Smash atm but I would weclome then in anyway. I do think they would make a great AT tho, so atm that's what I want them to be.
So far my favorite one is the Green Arms guy with chains as arms.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm kinda glad LKD and LR kinda crashed and burned....

I'm sick of leaks and rumours...

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

For any fighting game heads in here, the newest update for Guilty Gear Xrd has been announced. Baiken returns and the ninja Answer is introduced. Hopefully the home release will come soon right around the mentioned spring date. If you have not picked up Revelator, please do so. Any fan of the genre owes it to themselves. A fun system with a great cast, amazing presentation, and perhaps the best tutorial of any fighting game in its mission mode. It's not just the best fighting game on the market, but perhaps the best around competitive game around period.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Some of my storage worries may have been answered. Apparently the Switch can support up to 2tb micro SDs.

Source.

For the record, you can't even buy these yet, so it looks like Nintendo is thinking ahead.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Do you guys think it will be fine to play XC2 without playing XC? I have no way of playing XC anyway w/o buying hardware. Ive seen some of Chuggas LP but only the first 3 or so episodes and I don't want to play XC. At the same time, I wouldn't want to miss out on stuff (even if minor) during XC2 cos it looks beautiful.
It's kind if impossible to say, since I'm fairly certain no one here's played the game yet...Though the name and setting of the game sort of implies it's going to have more relations to the first game than X did...

They may have a connection in the same way as Final Fantasy games do, or be closer to that of Fire Emblem...or perhaps it truly is a direct sequel that takes place after the events with Shulk...

Seems to me it may be different enough since it has all different main characters and takes place somewhere different...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh man, these are actually good ideas to fix Fates
Language warning
It's kind if impossible to say, since I'm fairly certain no one here's played the game yet...Though the name and setting of the game sort of implies it's going to have more relations to the first game than X did...

They may have a connection in the same way as Final Fantasy games do, or be closer to that of Fire Emblem...or perhaps it truly is a direct sequel that takes place after the events with Shulk...

Seems to me it may be different enough since it has all different main characters and takes place somewhere different...
It's gonna be jarring if it'a a direct sequel with that artstyle
I mean, even if it takes place far ahead, it's still weird suddenly everyone got more anime

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I saw people complaining about the $80 Pice tag on the Joy-cons.

There's two in a box.

That's $40 dollars a piece.

That's the same/almost the same price as a new Wiimote motion+.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Opossum Opossum , the Netflix version of "A Series of Unfortunate Events" aired yesterday. Have you seen it yet and if so, what do you think?

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
While looking for Litwick during an island scan, I got a misdreavus and evolved it.

Mismagius added to my rotation.
When I do reach the final evo, Chandelure will replace Alola Marowak in my rotation too. (I already put it to a diff box haha)
Ima also gonna breed Chandelure because Lipwick is just too darn cute.
bellhenge doesn't waste any time...big fan of their Zelda fanart...
awesome thanks for sharing!!! I'm a big of bellhenge too.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum , the Netflix version of "A Series of Unfortunate Events" aired yesterday. Have you seen it yet and if so, what do you think?
Haven't gotten to watch it yet since there's an issue with my Netflix account (same reason I haven't seen Luke Cage yet ;.; ) but I've heard some great things, so I'm really looking forward to it!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

There's two in a box.

That I can understand but the "pro" for $70? Especially considering it's got less functionality than the JCs. Does handle plastic go for a pretty penny or something?

D

Deleted member

I can't believe I joked about this and...
Its like Kantai, but instead of girls being ships in history, its boys being sword in history
Don't think that'd fit with AW, but I guess we can make do with FE
I mean, Skyward Sword kinda did this and everyone loved her, right?
I know it's not a guy nor is it FE but what's up with Nintendo and sword girls?
Wait, it's already out? Oh boy, I know what I'll be watching next

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So my dad likes the Switch

and Arms.

looks like I have no choice but try and get this damn console. Would be different if my dad didnt like it so much But this is coming from a dad that gave me a Mario Kart Wii box randomly while at best buy and said "You can have it" as a kid

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'll be getting the Switch when Splatoon 2 comes out.
Or when they announce a testfire.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

There's two in a box.

The thing is that, unlike the Wiimote motion+, some games, like Arms, require two Joy-cons to be played.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The thing is that, unlike the Wiimote motion+, some games, like Arms, require two Joy-cons to be played.
We've been having confirmations about Arms having traditional controls, right? Has it been confirmed that traditional controls possibly includes just one Joy-con?
Regardless, the prices of controllers has always been a problem for all consoles and it still ticks me off on why they are so frickin' expensive still.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

There's two in a box.

The issue people have is that it's still damn expensive. That's more than the cost of a new game for an accessory. I understand why it's that pricey, but it's still pricey nonetheless.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
On the internet I definitely see more fans of the Cap than Iron Man.
You know what's really amazing? how much these guys have grown in popularity over the last decade. Anecdotally, I remember as a young child in the 90's when pretty much the only Marvel characters I were familiar with were Spider-Man and X-Men characters.

And now, we are at the point where even Wolverine isn't nearly as heavily promoted as Captain America and Iron Man.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Damn it, there's a third version of Guilty Gear Xrd now?

Damn it ArcSys

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Anyone else feeling oddly...I dunno, deflated about the Switch now there's been some time to process it?

- Relatively expensive (£280) in the UK
- Significantly more expensive games
- Absurd price on accessories
- Paid Online
- Poor battery life (Especially big for me, as I would use it largely as a portable)
- 1,2,Switch! (and possibly Arms) feel like they should have been bundled with the console.

I am a big fan of the concept and the games - BOTW looks fantastic, MK+ does too and I'm keen on some of the other games coming out down the line. But I can't help but feeling this is asking for a bit too much of an investment. We got the Wii at £180 with the killer app at launch. Doing the same here will cost nearly double that.

Sure, there's an argument that £60 for a game is acceptable if you get your moneys worth from it... but I don't feel like that's ever going to be the case with the paid online which I'm not comfortable paying for with what I know of it right now. I would like to buy one of these consoles, but I feel like I'd rather wait for several things to happen:

- Prices to drop to something reasonable
- Online to become either free or worth it; a Netflix style of Nintendo's old library would be ideal.
- The inevitable console revision where they fix some of this ones issues, noticeably the horrid battery life.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Damn it, there's a third version of Guilty Gear Xrd now?

Damn it ArcSys
If you have Rev, you can just buy Rev 2 as a DLC add-on for it. Much cheaper than buying a new package. Arc Sys is finally entered the year of our lord 2017 in that regard.

Edit: Added info from Bafo, figure in the community.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Now the dust is settled, we can point and laugh at the so called leakers

Though as such, I'm currently considering Pokemon Stars and Rabbids x Mario to be fake until further notice.
Okay, how many times is Tama gonna get BTFO'd before we start completely ignoring him for leaks?

I respect the work he does in Unseen 64 and I enjoy his videos on the development of games and such. But as far as leaks go there's no bigger lame duck right now.

I don't really know what to think of Emily and LKD, weren't Emily's Switch specs mostly correct?

Well either way they all got a pretty rude awakening.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, since I am at the end of the game, I decided to show my current team here!
So, let's go!
Name: Takuworth, Level: 61
Name: Kumatesu, Level: 59 (If you know where the name come, I give you a candy, or I prank you if you are a normal member)
Name: Shigure, Level: 59
Name: Excellus, Level: 60
Name: Big Mac, Level: 36 (I had to put him out of the team for better Pokemon, and I only recently take him back for that he can evolve. Now, I just need to get some level for him)
Name: Hol Horse (YO IS THAT A JOJO REFERENCE?!?!), Level: 60

Here you go, that's my team for you.
I hope I will win the league without too much difficulty.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I honestly hope most of these rumors are false.

It's not because I have any sort of issue with the stuff that's been mentioned- irksome as the Rabbids may be, the idea of a brand new style of Mario RPG excites me, it's more because I get a great feeling of satisfaction when big name "leakers" end up being wrong and lose their credibility.

RogersBase crumbling after months of Nintenzone users who were "In the know" pretty much telling us to "Listen and believe" for no good reason other than "He's credible" was simply delicious. It'd be quite nice to see Emily and Laura meet the same fate.
lol it happened

After getting everything software-related horribly wrong AND crapping on a leak that actually ended up being real, I hope this marks the end of the Emily/Laura/Tamaki "leaking" trio.

Probably not since they bounced back after the countless other incorrect pieces of info, but here's hoping anyway.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What's with all the leaker hate guys?

All this talk sounds really petty to me.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
What's with all the leaker hate guys?

All this talk sounds really petty to me.
Yeah, you're right, dood, it's all just pettiness. The haters are just haters.

It's not like they're a bunch of elitist tools who are wrong about the majority of the crap they supposedly "leak" and still manage to be believed as "trustworthy sources" that are covered nonstop by every gaming site in spite of it all.

Yep, just haters. No legit reason to think they're garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom