• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Something Deelightfully Smashing? :awesome:

(ifonly)
I wish, haha.

He hashtagged it the portmanteau for "Nintendo indies" so it's probably not anything too big.

Terraria and Stardew Valley are both pretty popular games that said they were going to the Switch but haven't had formal rollouts, so it's probably one or both of them. Not that it's a bad thing because I actually kind of want to pick up Terraria for it.
Ewwwwww.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The more I look into Arms, the more interesting it appears...It actually appears to be quite a decent fighting game with an interesting concept and a good amount of depth...

In other words Nintendo will actually have it's own staple fighting game that isn't Smash.....or something boxing....

----

Also, I'm thinking I may have to make an honest attempt at finishing Xenoblade since XC2's on the way...Perhaps after I'm done with my Ghost type run on Moon (which I'm near the end, training up my newly captured Dhelmise before progressing on Poni)...Figured I've been putting the game off for too long...

apparently people are complaining about the anime artstyle, I don't know about you guys but...looking at past Monolithe games, it's not exactly out of place...
I think it's a refreshing look, and especially since the world itself seems to be rendered rather nicely...may even be the best looking game out of the three...
I liked the realism in X, but they totally botched some of the characters' faces...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Champ Gold Champ Gold you asked for this earlier, right? I was gonna do it and then my body chose that moment to give up for three hours.

I hope you're OK with a fair number of imperfections, the artstyle doesn't clean up very conveniently and I didn't spend that much time on it. I remembered, though.

. . .And apparently I had to upload it to my Photobucket because Imgur wanted to turn it into an opaque image for some reason.

Imperfections? This actually is good and I love it.

I love my Futuristic Superhero Little Mac

Mario in a realistic setting is so odd it actually kind of fits.
I need this game. Like, right now.
I can this and Arms being massive hits for the Switch more so than Zelda.

Mario especially since it looks the PERFECT evolution from Mario 64.

I can see this being way better than Galaxy and I believe it as long as they keep it up and maybe add Luigi as a playable option post game

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Imperfections? This actually is good and I love it.

I love my Futuristic Superhero Little Mac

I can see this being way better than Galaxy and I believe it as long as they keep it up and maybe add Luigi as a playable option post game
Honestly I can see it.

Super Mario Galaxy is my all time favorite Mario game, followed by Super Mario Bros. 3. That being said, I can easily see Super Mario Odyssey topping it if it continues to be just this...utterly fantastic.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Arms also looks pretty good.

Though I'm a tad worried about it not having enough content.

I can easily see Odyssey trumping Galaxy for me.

Last edited:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Mario in a realistic setting is so odd it actually kind of fits.
I need this game. Like, right now.
There's something satisfying about Mario stomping on a taxi cab. It gives me a Grinch-like smile. Or perhaps the same smirk as Violent Ken in my avi right now.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Anime BenchWatch part 5:My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu
This is a strange one.It's definitely good but i think it's a little too deep for its own good.Like im not surprise that it gained the fanbase it has the characters,the writing,and the sound are all top notch.But i think its definitely too deep and at times takes it self to serious.Like to get some of the character motivations you definitely have to think about it because they all make sense but only after you process what happened at the end of the episode.Especially in the second season.Its not like toradora or Sakurasou where the ideas are there in the open you truly have to think about it and thats both an advantage and a disadvantage.I feel its a very good anime and i know it is but its not my cup of tea.But i do believe you should watch it might enjoy more than i did.

TLDR:5/10 but recommended.Wasnt my cup of tea but has a cult following you might like it

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Arms looks like it could be the next Splatoon. I really really love the vibe of Arms. The concept, colors, and look of the characters already pop just like Splatoon did. It'll just be down to if controls don't feel like a gimmick.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
First off, I didn't mean to anger you so if I did. I'm sorry. Really I am. And with this post, again, I'm not meaning to offend you in any way. With that out of the way. Here goes.
No I don't
I'm just saying you often say stuff like that that is easily taken the wrong way. Maybe I took it the wrong as well so, I'm sorry.

You dodged the point of my initial post, which was just a friendly joke about something on stream (the likes people gave to it should have implied as much, because we all know people don't like my posts that much when it's anything more than a meme/joke/news repost :V), and decided to use it as a way to target me and my opinions on Nintendo, even though they had no relation to what I was posting, because you couldn't take a bit of a joke on the subject. This is a form of damage control, as in you trying to control the snarking/negativity/however you interpreted it, that was being delivered from me to Nintendo. And that's a form of defense in an argumentative context.
I didn't dodge a point. I got the joke of the initial post. It was the edit that I was like 'Why is still watching this?' I in no way meant to target you so, I apologize for you feeling that way. I was literally just asking. I thought maybe there was something that you were looking forward to or something else you were hoping would show up. That's literally all I meant by my original reply. I was haphazardly expecting a 'I don't even know.' or something along those lines. I really meant no disrespect.
I didn't complain about anything. I made a joke. Most of the space in that post was an image. You're the one complaining about my joke because you somehow interpreted it as some kind of harsh criticism, when it was in fact, just a joke.
That was just bad wording on my part. Complaining isn't a very, well, 'nice' word to use. All I meant was if you don't like it don't watch it.
Well, it seems to me that any time you sense criticism towards Nintendo from me (and only Nintendo), you're there to play white knight.
I... Wasn't... Even being a White Knight. I was just wondering why you were watching the stream if you didn't like it. I didn't even watch the stream. I just wait till it's on YouTube then skip to the game-play. I can't stand half the people on the stream anyways.
You also seem to jump at any chance to paint me as a bad guy, constantly trying to say I "can't accept other people's opinions" when I have, time and time again. You just pick isolated examples where I challenge someone's view and act as if I'm like that all the time, and never do you actually consider the context and actual substance of the arguments on display, at an objective level. Sometimes I'm stubborn, but that's only because often times, nobody really gives me a decisive point anyway.
I have stated in multiple posts with you that I was only acting on the other side of your opinion. Challenging yours just as you challenged someone elses. I don't ever intend to paint you as a bad guy. If you think that then again I'm sorry. I don't mean to isolate you either. I very rarely post and only reply when I feel I need to say something. If I've replied to you far often than you would prefer me to then, once again, I apologize.
I know, people getting frustrated with me over my opinions, or for their inability to actually take them for what they are rather than distorting them in their heads, is very confusing. Sometimes I wonder if it's just a Nintendo fanbase thing.
I'm gonna be totally honest with you here. Some of your wording incites hostility towards you. I've noticed your use of words like mindless and blindly quite often, which usually gets you in quite the spell with another user or two. It's not really a huge problem unless your doing it purposefully. Which, honestly, I can't judge.
The way you worded it implied a bit more. If you just wanted to suggest I don't watch, you would have said "you don't have to watch it" and nothing else. That's not what you said, there was more to it and you know that. You typed a whole paragraph up.
I didn't type the paragraph until you said I was 'blindly defending' something that I wasn't even defending. You type things like this and maybe you don't really mean it the way you said it. Maybe I took it the wrong way. But if you reread my VERY FIRST POST I said:
I don't want to be rude or anything but, if you don't want these nostalgia flashbacks and rather obscure, playful banter by the Nintendo team then why are you watching the live stream? They do this in EVERY SINGLE ONE of their Treehouse events.
I don't know what you thought I was trying to imply here but I though the 'I don't want to be rude or anything' showed that I really didn't want you to take this the wrong way.
It was also a redundant suggestion as I had already stopped watching the stream and posting about it by the time you made your post.
Sure, it was redundant, but you replied nonetheless.
I don't attack people. I challenge their views if I see flaws in them. I often get attacked for doing so, though. Kinda like what you're doing right now (i.e taking a joke I made and using it as an excuse to paint me as a bad person. That's an attack).
I'm gonna blame this again on your wording in some instances. Blindly, Mindlessly, and fanboyism are some of the words I notice that incite towards you. So, maybe tone down on those words? They can seen a little bit as, for lack of a better word, 'mean'.

I like you. I really do. You're often the voice of reason, and sometimes negativity in this thread when everyone else is in hype overload and Blind Optimism. Seriously, though, sometimes I feel that you want things to get heated because of your wording. But it's just that wording. If you mean it like the way we might take it we will never know. But wording is key. Especially when you're in the loud silence of the internet.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Arms looks like it could be the next Splatoon. I really really love the vibe of Arms. The concept, colors, and look of the colors already pop just like Splatoon did. It'll just be down to if controls don't feel like a gimmick.
Apparently it has button controls if GameXplain are right.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think Zelda is what's selling it for most people, dude.

What do you mean?
I mean as in an evergreen title.

Arms more so as a minor 400k seller but is really popular with a lot of people and can easily get a sequel and become something great.

But Mario is on another level. As in a game changer type of way. This is a game where it can really show what the Switch can truly do and what we can expect from Nintendo in the future.

Zelda while game changing and massive in scale like never before, it wasn't made for the Switch in mind.

This was supposed to be the next big Wii U title but was delayed to port it over. Its more of I wanna see what they could make it it was EXCLUSIVELY Switch and made on its hardware.

We already know about Zelda and it's gonna be big for now but Mario on a Nintendo console is way bigger in my eyes.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ooooh.

Excuse me.

Now just to go work the streets or beg for money for that second controller since they're so god forsaken expensive.
Yeah, can anyone find the tweet?

I want some proof.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I need confirmation. Is 1-2 Switch bundled with the console or not?
Cause this does not look like something anyone would buy separately

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I need confirmation. Is 1-2 Switch bundled with the console or not?
Cause this does not look like something anyone would buy separately
It isn't bundled.

It's not often I say this but...

1,2 Switch should not exist.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
1, 2 Switch being the first software title showed off like it was the golden child of the bunch just...really puzzles me.

This is going to be in the bargain bin so fast. And even there people won't buy it.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I'm not trying to say the game won't be good, it's just not a separate purchase good. Like, why would I want to pretend I'm playing Table Tenis when I can play Table Tennis, or at least Wii Sports that at least has something visual.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
It isn't bundled.

It's not often I say this but...

1,2 Switch should not exist.
The fact it was even concepted is beyond me; that one minigame alone will be the source of so many jokes and will most likely be remembered as the main associate for the game itself...

Look, I completely understand this game's sole purpose is to demonstrate what the Switch can do, but I am almost positive they could of replaced it with other titles (like a Wii Sports sequel, for example). It also does not help the fact this game isn't bundled and costs $50 dollars. However, it actually makes me glad it isn't bundled; I wouldn't have played it regardless.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If I want to play Tennis on a Nintendo system I'll probably just wait for a Mario Tennis and hope it's not thrown together the last minute like the one for Wii U.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
With Xenoblade 2 announced means that the group may revive and finally I'll have work to do. :250:
I feel bad bcause I almost deleted the link from my sig a few days ago.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Currently modding Sm4sh. Now I gotta wait like 6 hours for the dump to finish.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
Unbeknownst to anyone in the forum, Kite was about to say something completely unrelated to the Nintendo Switch buzz going around for a while.
"It's my birthday." They say completely in a neutral tone with absolutely no emotion in the delivery.
"Please stop doing that." says Kite to the narrator, who again, unbeknownst to the audience is actually the REAL Kite and the other one is actually a fake planted by the Orange corporation on a dark and stormy night.
The recently revealed fake Kite says "Boy, stop." in a confusingly comedic tone, unaware that the truth was revealed and that since 2 Kites cannot exist at once one disappears.
In a bright flash of wild rainbow light, the false Kite flashes...uh...until the Orange corporation arrives to take their test subject back to the lab where horrible and inhumane experiments are held on anyone who cannot fearfully run fast enough.
The 2 Orange Corporation Employees (or Slabcoats as most call them because of their usual gray attire) rode in on a indescribable being that was formless, all 4 states of matter at once, spoke in iambic pentameter, could use Flamethrower for some reason.
They caught the false Kite in a net made out of Impure Xyzzy, a material made from the gods that shone through any wall of Travis Touchdown clown clones that couldn't be called cool. The Slabcoat on the right of the narrator points directly at a inexplicably placed camera and says "Josh! What did I tell you about SONYtm Cameras?" the Slabcoat on the left responds "The *I am the one* is a SONYtm?" the Slab on the right pokes the camera only to discover it is a fake and looks like Wario now but not really because it was Jontron the whole time. "ARIN! I LOVE YOU!" The pure passion in his voice infects millions who heard it making them explode on contact with the soundwaves. All Jontron responded with was a simple "ech" as this now was the only word he could say as he lost his lungs 10927j0jso20 years ago in the battle of Denzel Curry where he lost his arm to a bat eating lung because he lost at a bottle flipping contest. Then in an ironic turn of events it is posted in the post of Posters that Jontron never loved AAron. Oops type- I MEAN I mispoke. Jontron never loved Arin Hanson but only wanted his gressy Youtube money and his lovely wife Dan Avadan. While underground, Cloud was practicing his neutral airs to one day destroy the planet Zragron with it's pure disjointed range. Cloud whispered to himself "Gen ki yo koy thu" constantly with increasing volume until his limit broke, this was because in his fight with Kite (the one from Hunter X Hunter not the one stated earlier by the narrator) Kite used his scythe to do a slicing strike that made his political beefs shift to the right. However, since Cloud did not eat beef at the time but now he does he hired SilvaGunner to ask Ice Cube, Ice T, and Snoop Dogg to fuse together to make a super smoker. But since J Wittz did not condone this action, clod. Barries. Afterwards, the night sky was red with fury because the Krusty Krab closes at 6 and It wanted to go to flavor town so bad so that Dio (from Bloo's alter ego not the really scary one from thaat one "chinease catoon") made a deal with him. If he agreed to be roasted by him, he would grant him some won wis my man. Dio flamed him so hard that the Shy Guy No Man's Sky caught fire from the pure shame. But instead of getting on wis my man, Dio instead gave it to Max form dat one Didny Channel show with the discount harry potters. Again as before the combined forces of captin falcon, planet, and the entire cast of movie Pulp Fiction even the camera krew, and the DK Krew fused with Super Numekians like Nails all took down TV in a climax of immnce proportions similar to how FLCL ended if anyone saw it and actually read this far. Wow, this is really long. Anyway, Tyler the Creator gave some MemberBerries to Kenan Thompson so he would feel better from his cold. It was legitimately a nice thing to do. Next a Tree punched the narrator in the face while they were driving to work. ****. While all of this was happening someone whas having an exstinatal crysis3 in the other ediotech on the wall Link or else i'll lose for glory.
It was grand. Dad.
Next time we'll know what happened to literally all of these characters. Coming year infinity.

But seriously, today's my Birthday.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Unbeknownst to anyone in the forum, Kite was about to say something completely unrelated to the Nintendo Switch buzz going around for a while.
"It's my birthday." They say completely in a neutral tone with absolutely no emotion in the delivery.
"Please stop doing that." says Kite to the narrator, who again, unbeknownst to the audience is actually the REAL Kite and the other one is actually a fake planted by the Orange corporation on a dark and stormy night.
The recently revealed fake Kite says "Boy, stop." in a confusingly comedic tone, unaware that the truth was revealed and that since 2 Kites cannot exist at once one disappears.
In a bright flash of wild rainbow light, the false Kite flashes...uh...until the Orange corporation arrives to take their test subject back to the lab where horrible and inhumane experiments are held on anyone who cannot fearfully run fast enough.
The 2 Orange Corporation Employees (or Slabcoats as most call them because of their usual gray attire) rode in on a indescribable being that was formless, all 4 states of matter at once, spoke in iambic pentameter, could use Flamethrower for some reason.
They caught the false Kite in a net made out of Impure Xyzzy, a material made from the gods that shone through any wall of Travis Touchdown clown clones that couldn't be called cool. The Slabcoat on the right of the narrator points directly at a inexplicably placed camera and says "Josh! What did I tell you about SONYtm Cameras?" the Slabcoat on the left responds "The *I am the one* is a SONYtm?" the Slab on the right pokes the camera only to discover it is a fake and looks like Wario now but not really because it was Jontron the whole time. "ARIN! I LOVE YOU!" The pure passion in his voice infects millions who heard it making them explode on contact with the soundwaves. All Jontron responded with was a simple "ech" as this now was the only word he could say as he lost his lungs 10927j0jso20 years ago in the battle of Denzel Curry where he lost his arm to a bat eating lung because he lost at a bottle flipping contest. Then in an ironic turn of events it is posted in the post of Posters that Jontron never loved AAron. Oops type- I MEAN I mispoke. Jontron never loved Arin Hanson but only wanted his gressy Youtube money and his lovely wife Dan Avadan. While underground, Cloud was practicing his neutral airs to one day destroy the planet Zragron with it's pure disjointed range. Cloud whispered to himself "Gen ki yo koy thu" constantly with increasing volume until his limit broke, this was because in his fight with Kite (the one from Hunter X Hunter not the one stated earlier by the narrator) Kite used his scythe to do a slicing strike that made his political beefs shift to the right. However, since Cloud did not eat beef at the time but now he does he hired SilvaGunner to ask Ice Cube, Ice T, and Snoop Dogg to fuse together to make a super smoker. But since J Wittz did not condone this action, clod. Barries. Afterwards, the night sky was red with fury because the Krusty Krab closes at 6 and It wanted to go to flavor town so bad so that Dio (from Bloo's alter ego not the really scary one from thaat one "chinease catoon") made a deal with him. If he agreed to be roasted by him, he would grant him some won wis my man. Dio flamed him so hard that the Shy Guy No Man's Sky caught fire from the pure shame. But instead of getting on wis my man, Dio instead gave it to Max form dat one Didny Channel show with the discount harry potters. Again as before the combined forces of captin falcon, planet, and the entire cast of movie Pulp Fiction even the camera krew, and the DK Krew fused with Super Numekians like Nails all took down TV in a climax of immnce proportions similar to how FLCL ended if anyone saw it and actually read this far. Wow, this is really long. Anyway, Tyler the Creator gave some MemberBerries to Kenan Thompson so he would feel better from his cold. It was legitimately a nice thing to do. Next a Tree punched the narrator in the face while they were driving to work. ****. While all of this was happening someone whas having an exstinatal crysis3 in the other ediotech on the wall Link or else i'll lose for glory.
It was grand. Dad.
Next time we'll know what happened to literally all of these characters. Coming year infinity.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DUDE!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
With Xenbolade 2 announced means that the group may revive and finally I'll have work to do. :250:
I feel bad bcause I almost deleted the link from my sig a few days ago.
Yes, our Xenoblade group needs to revive.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
It was grand. Dad.

Nice three hundred word easy holmes.

But for real, Happy Spirit Journey Formation Anniversary

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
It was grand. Dad.

Happy Birthday!

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It was grand. Dad.

Happy Birthday, man! Have yourself a damn good one.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just noticed what 1, 2 Switch is.

It's someone making a WarioWare game and just forgetting to add Wario and the gang.

Honestly. Milking cows, eating sandwiches, all these weird little mini game things..

They're right up WarioWare alley. They just don't have any of the WarioWare flare or characters.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It was grand. Dad.

I didn't make it all the way through that wall of text, but I got the general idea and I appreciate it for existing.

Also Happy Birthday.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay, after watching more and more gameplay I might legitimately be in love with Arms and already want all of the characters in Smash Switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom