• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Breaking from Switch talk I thought of another ability for my Pokemon game.

Esp. It makes all physical moves deal special damage.

Only 2 Pokemon get this. Immorticia(my Lich based pokemon) and Alakazam.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Seems the reason for BotW seemingly performing better on Wii U is because the game chugs more on Switch if it's hooked up to the TV, but if you play on the Switch screen, it's smoother than the Wii U version. This would be due to the fact the Switch pushes the game to native 1080p on the TV and 720p on the Switch screen, but the Wii U is upscaled from 720p at all times.

So basically, your version of choice comes down to whether or not you will actually play this game out of the house, or only at home.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ah, we damage controlling now. Awesome.
That's what I'm mocking, but perhaps you're tone deaf.

Provide proof.

For the record, I mostly don't acknowledge whether or not I've been attacked as I usually don't care or see it as relevant to whatever the discussion topic at a particular time is.
I know from previous experience including an argument I took apart of not too long ago.

The point is that it's a distinct pattern that my more serious, actually critical posts, don't often get a lot of positive attention. This one did though. Because it was a simple joke that people picked up on. One person did not pick up on it and decided there had to be more to it, intentionally or not..
One person? Well, his post got many likes too, so clearly many people missed your tone.

There's really no argument for saying the post was serious either. It was an image with a caption.
That's exactly my point. You didn't really provide a clear tone, it could've been taken either way yet you acted like you were so clear about it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know from previous experience including an argument I took apart of not too long ago.
Biased anecdotes don't really count for evidence or proof. Not on their own.

One person? Well, his post got many likes too, so clearly many people missed your tone.
Not really, people still feel strongly about my Nintendo criticisms, so any post painting them as bad gets attention even if I wasn't being negative. One could probably use it to harvest attention if they really wanted to. :p

That's exactly my point. You didn't really provide a clear tone, it could've been taken either way yet you acted like you were so clear about it.
...The tone was clearly goofy and sarcastic. If you assume my tone was deadpan serious, that is assuming I literally thought SM64 was SMO. Previous posts clearly indicated I recognised the difference between the two.

Or did you not read the whole thing again?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Seems the reason for BotW seemingly performing better on Wii U is because the game chugs more on Switch if it's hooked up to the TV, but if you play on the Switch screen, it's smoother than the Wii U version. This would be due to the fact the Switch pushes the game to native 1080p on the TV and 720p on the Switch screen, but the Wii U is upscaled from 720p at all times.

So basically, your version of choice comes down to whether or not you will actually play this game out of the house, or only at home.
Huh.

So, the handheld Switch and the Wii U versions are actually the same quality, but the bump in docked quality makes the Switch work a little more.

At least in theory anyways.

I dunno, we'll see how the final build works and if the Switch version has issues, I hope they'll be minimal.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Huh.

So, the handheld Switch and the Wii U versions are actually the same quality, but the bump in docked quality makes the Switch work a little more.

At least in theory anyways.

I dunno, we'll see how the final build works and if the Switch version has issues, I hope they'll be minimal.
It's not quite the same between undocked Switch and Wii U.

Tier list is:

Undocked Switch (native 720p and silky smooth) > Wii U (upscaled 720p on TV, lower on GamePad. Smooth enough but has drops in more taxing areas) > Docked Switch (native 1080p, but the system can't handle this game at this resolution)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Welp, looks like Im getting the Wii u version then after all

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's the other way around.

Tier list is:

Undocked Switch (native 720p and silky smooth) > Wii U (upscaled 720p on TV, lower on GamePad. Smooth enough but has drops in more taxing areas) > Docked Switch (native 1080p, but the system can't handle this game at this resolution)
You both said the same thing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm probably going to play the switch mostly at home, but I don't like the idea of being locked to the TV so I'll probably play the handheld version more.

Like, laying in bed playing it or something

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*dawning realization*

So Splatoon 2 actually progressed in real time from the time frame of the original Splatoon. The same amount of time passed in-game between plots as it did in real life between game releases.

Come to think of it, another game adopted the time between game releases as the actual time gap between events in-game. . .but then I kind of have a thing for comparing those two games in general.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Breaking from Switch talk I thought of another ability for my Pokemon game.

Esp. It makes all physical moves deal special damage.

Only 2 Pokemon get this. Immorticia(my Lich based pokemon) and Alakazam.
To be honest... Alakazam really should not get that ability, for the sake of balance. Just the elemental punches alone would give it huge coverage, leaving few (if not then none whatsoever) Pokémon to be able to counter. And then there's Knock Off, a great utility move that can hit like a truck with the first hit. Alakazam REALLY doesn't need to be able to pull that off with that counted as a special attack. And then... if we were to bring the Gen 6 tutor moves into the mix, Drain Punch. Which not only counters the one type that might have had a chance to check it, but it gives it a means of regaining HP. Even on a glass cannon that's a terrifying thought all things considered, especially when Focus Sash exists. Bare minimum, make Knock Off and Drain Punch still count as physical. Then, even if Alakazam would be a huge pain to deal with, at least something could possibly counter it besides Mega Sableye and maybe Umbreon.

:094:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
To be honest... Alakazam really should not get that ability, for the sake of balance. Just the elemental punches alone would give it huge coverage, leaving few (if not then none whatsoever) Pokémon to be able to counter. And then there's Knock Off, a great utility move that can hit like a truck with the first hit. Alakazam REALLY doesn't need to be able to pull that off with that counted as a special attack. And then... if we were to bring the Gen 6 tutor moves into the mix, Drain Punch. Which not only counters the one type that might have had a chance to check it, but it gives it a means of regaining HP. Even on a glass cannon that's a terrifying thought all things considered, especially when Focus Sash exists. Bare minimum, make Knock Off and Drain Punch still count as physical. Then, even if Alakazam would be a huge pain to deal with, at least something could possibly counter it besides Mega Sableye and maybe Umbreon.

Well there's a new type in my game, Light type, itdeals double damage and is either neutral or resistant towards ice, fire, electric, fighting and dark moves. So it still would be countered.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Well there's a new type in my game, Light type, itdeals double damage and is either neutral or resistant towards ice, fire, electric, fighting and dark moves. So it still would be countered.
Unless Alakazam weren't to run Psychic for some reason, Light wouldn't help much unless there's a few Light types that are really good special defense tanks. Like, they would need a 100 or more base special defense, at least.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Unless Alakazam weren't to run Psychic for some reason, Light wouldn't help much unless there's a few Light types that are really good special defense tanks. Like, they would need a 100 or more base special defense, at least.

Well both Blissey and Lucario are retconned to light or part light.

Light also takes half damage from psychic moves.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's not quite the same between undocked Switch and Wii U.

Tier list is:

Interesting.

Is this gonna be the final build or...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
*dawning realization*

So Splatoon 2 actually progressed in real time from the time frame of the original Splatoon. The same amount of time passed in-game between plots as it did in real life between game releases.

Come to think of it, another game adopted the time between game releases as the actual time gap between events in-game. . .but then I kind of have a thing for comparing those two games in general.
Well it should considering we have Punished Marie: "A Fallen Idol" which means two things:

• The campaign is getting super interesting now and has a continuing plot
  • The final Splatfest actually meant something and the loser would have been the person went missing or kidnapped by the Octolings

RIP Callie

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well it should considering we have Punished Marie: "A Fallen Idol" which means two things:

• The final Splatfest actually meant something and the loser would have been the person went missing or kidnapped by the Octolings

RIP Callie
Or maybe Callie is just offscreen?

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

https://www.destructoid.com/there-s...trolls-sick-of-fake-gamer-girls--410491.phtml

This is one of the stupidest ideas for a TV show I've ever seen.
Wait, isn't the premise of this show illegal? Pretty sure harassment in the USA is illegal, cause it sounds like a type of harassment.

I'm probably going to play the switch mostly at home, but I don't like the idea of being locked to the TV so I'll probably play the handheld version more.

Like, laying in bed playing it or something
Yeah, sure laying in bed, totally not sitting on the toilet for over an hour.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

RIP Callie
>Punished Marie: "A Fallen Idol"

Context? What does this mean?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
*dawning realization*

Pokemon Black/White 2 took place approx. two years after the first B/W, which was the same timeframe between the Japanese release of B/W and the English release of B/W2.

----

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bruh.

I just caught a Modest Tapu Fini.

Is that good?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Interesting.

Is this gonna be the final build or...
I actually believe that BOTW will push for a lot more stuff in the console mode for the Switch than just 1080p.

Extra enemies, more enviorment settings, weather effects and a lot of other details the Wii U version just doesn't have.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I actually believe that BOTW will push for a lot more stuff in the console mode for the Switch than just 1080p.

Extra enemies, more enviorment settings, weather effects and a lot of other details the Wii U version just doesn't have.
I highly doubt that will be the case.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I highly doubt that will be the case.
Probably but I could still see that happening.

Especially the weather effects thing, like going into those cold mountains.

But that said, Mario Oddeasey actually looks more demanding than BotW imo but that's just due to how much they are pushing for that game and all the detail

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Champ Gold Champ Gold you asked for this earlier, right? I was gonna do it and then my body chose that moment to give up for three hours.

I hope you're OK with a fair number of imperfections, the artstyle doesn't clean up very conveniently and I didn't spend that much time on it. I remembered, though.

. . .And apparently I had to upload it to my Photobucket because Imgur wanted to turn it into an opaque image for some reason.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I don't know who is that guy, but this can mean great news.
He hashtagged it the portmanteau for "Nintendo indies" so it's probably not anything too big.

Terraria and Stardew Valley are both pretty popular games that said they were going to the Switch but haven't had formal rollouts, so it's probably one or both of them. Not that it's a bad thing because I actually kind of want to pick up Terraria for it.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So, the new Mario reminded me of the Super Mario Super Show and Project Sonic of SatAM. Then that means the next Zelda will be... oh god no.

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I honestly don't know why I expected anything...

Gotta say...

Whoever modeled that in Maya obviously did a terrible job... it's so bad, it has to end up being good to many people. Heck, I even full screened expecting this to be real. >_>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom