• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, if they show off something related to a character in promotional material, I feel like they're a safe bet. Iirc someone said that PTM's stage was also shown off?
That's also true. I just view that one a little bit less since it's technically possible they just cut Space Madness due to it being borderline unplayable, and just made PTM's stage into Ren and Stimpy's. Just keeping options open.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
This genuinely has me really existed. I had a sort of worry the newcomers would just be fairly safe picks like Arnold, A LH girl, Squidward, etc. All of whom are great or fine by I want some weridos. Some "they did that?" picks or picks I never even thought of. This is good
These devs are boutta out-Hugh themselves and the end result is gonna be glorious.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

IT'S TIME ALBERTBROS WE MADE IT
I'm thinking that the WTF pick is actually Lisa Loud. I've seen very few people (if anyone) request her due to her being similar to Jimmy Neutron, who was very highly requested. Plus Loch Loud is a stage now.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I'm thinking that the WTF pick is actually Lisa Loud. I've seen very few people (if anyone) request her due to her being similar to Jimmy Neutron, who was very highly requested. Plus Loch Loud is a stage now.
I don't know if Papa is that familiar with loud house so I don't know if he'd react in that way

LimeTH

Smash Lord

IT'S TIME ALBERTBROS WE MADE IT
I am seriously pumped to find out who that last character is. After how much we had to stretch for character picks during RTC, the idea that it's someone even we never thought of is genuinely insane to think about.

Either that or it's Stick Stickly and he hasn't been paying enough attention. XD

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I wouldn't really qualify anyone from the Loud House as a particularly WTF character, especially by the terms of this games fanbase where a majority aren't even loud house fans in the first place, let alone know enough to consider a character a WTF pick.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I am seriously pumped to find out who that last character is. After how much we had to stretch for character picks during RTC, the idea that it's someone even we never thought of is genuinely insane to think about.

Either that or it's Stick Stickly and he hasn't been paying enough attention. XD
Iirc Papa was actually a big Stick Stickly guy when it came to the first game

Ok I got tired of trying to analyze all the PapaGenos messages, here’s a summary made by me:

Assuming this is 100% true, aside from "no SpongeBob/TMNT/Avatar newcomers", this means the added roster would be:
  1. Squidward
  2. Jimmy Neutron
  3. Donatello
  4. Raphael
  5. Vlad Plasmius
  6. El Tigre
  7. Jon Arbuckle
  8. Nermal
  9. Paula Hutchison
  10. Zuko
  11. Arnold
  12. Vexus
  13. Luna Loud
  14. Angelica
  15. Count Duckula
You can throw out Luna and Angelica for the 38 character prediction, but my logic stands for now.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Leaving out Spongebob, Avatar and TMNT, it could really be anyone, couldn't it?
I don't think it'd be Hey Arnold since Arnold himself wouldn't be all that unexpected, though he could be one of the characters Genos hasn't seen. Unless they throw in like, Harold and Arnold's Grandma or something.
Invader ZIM is a strong possibility. Maybe Gaz or a more minor character
I think we got the market cornered on Ren and Stimpy characters but you never really know, Mr. Horse could happen.
Ikis and Krumm wouldn't be all that unexpected.
I could see Vexus as the "surprised to see them but they're cool" character.
We haven't even seen CatDog themselves yet.
Donnie and Darwin are out of the picture, Debbie would be a pretty funny "WTF" pick.
No way we're getting that many new Jimmy Neutron or Danny Phantom characters in one game.
There are way too many characters in TLH for any of them to feel unexpected.
Holy ****, imagine if it was someone from Rugrats.
Rocko... Ed Bighead and Really Really Big Man?

Also, I'm sharing these around again now that NASB2 is real. Help spread the word, since if I can't convince NASBcord, I can at least convince Twitter.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Honestly I don't buy those PapaGenos leak at all. First, like I said on my previous post pretty much nothing he said on Smash happen. His MVS leak also never happened, although one could argue that this is because of the game shut down. But also why is he so vague? In the past when he "leaked" something he just said straight "I've heard this character is in". Now he says nothing aside from El Tigre which we already know about. Second, I really doubt the game will have 15 newcomers. Sure, the game got a bigger budget, but reworking every model from scratch + moveset overhaul with most characters being back? I'm sorry but I highly doubt it. And again, if there was this many newcomers, wouldn't more of them be on the box art? The only way we hit 40 characters is maybe including dlc, but I doubt PapaGenos have heard of the dlc already.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
That's also true. I just view that one a little bit less since it's technically possible they just cut Space Madness due to it being borderline unplayable, and just made PTM's stage into Ren and Stimpy's. Just keeping options open.
I mean, most of the current stages are getting modifications anyway, so I don't see any reason they can't change it to make it more reasonable.

If it's an already repped series, I imagine he's referring to a show that got a rep in the trailer today or a show he's revealed would get reps, which would at least narrow down our lineup to:

• SpongeBob
  • Turtles
  • Wild Thornberrys
  • Loud House
  • Ren & Stimpy
  • Invader ZIM
  • Danny Phantom
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • Rocko's Modern Life
  • Rugrats
  • Garfield
  • Teenage Robot
  • El Tigre

Honestly, of these series, the only shows I could realistically see getting multiple reps, especially ones including weird characters, are SpongeBob, Avatar, Loud House, Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, and maybe Invader ZIM?

...could I possibly be right about echo fighters? Characters like La Tigresa, SpongeGar, Invader Tak, and Dani would all be unexpected picks that could buff the lineup with less work.

Honestly I don't buy those PapaGenos leak at all. First, like I said on my previous post pretty much nothing he said on Smash happen. His MVS leak also never happened, although one could argue that this is because of the game shut down. But also why is he so vague? In the past when he "leaked" something he just said straight "I've heard this character is in". Now he says nothing aside from El Tigre which we already know about. Second, I really doubt the game will have 15 newcomers. Sure, the game got a bigger budget, but reworking every model from scratch + moveset overhaul with most characters being back? I'm sorry but I highly doubt it. And again, if there was this many newcomers, wouldn't more of them be on the box art? The only way we hit 40 characters is maybe including dlc, but I doubt PapaGenos have heard of the dlc already.
PapaGenos does have one big thing in his favor for NASB specifically though: He "guessed" a lot of things about Rocko that ended up being correct, including some of his moves, his alternate skin, and his stage. He's mentioned otherwise that he could see it being more 35/36 if cuts happen. He specifically said he doesn't know who would get the axe, he never claimed there would be no cuts.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
My issue is that he fundamentally says nothing. It's easy for him to be proven right because he's so vague that a multitude of characters could fit, so he has nothing to lose by making such a statement.

The fact that he states nothing concrete except for El Tigre (who is already soft-confirmed) makes me kind of think he's just doing this because he's the platform fighter guy and he's expected to have insider info by his fans so he just made something up to appease them.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Just for fun, I decided to do a "What If?" of NASB with a roster the size of Smash Ultimate. As for echos, I ultimately decided to just treat them as Melee-esque clones so I didn't need to keep the height requirement. Check it out!

1. SpongeBob SquarePants
1ε. SpongeGar
2. Patrick Star
3. Sandy Cheeks
4. Squidward Tentacles
5. Mr. Krabs
6. Larry
7. Manray
8. Leonardo
9. Donatello
10. Raphael
11. Michelangelo
12. April O'Niel
13. Shredder
14. Karai
15. Casey Jones
16. Lincoln Loud
17. Lucy Loud
18. Luna Loud
19. Luan Loud
20. Ren & Stimpy
21. Powdered Toast Man
22. Oblina
23. Ickis
24. Eliza Thornberry
25. Nigel Thornberry
26. Donny Thornberry
27. Arnold
28. Helga
29. Gerald
30. Grandma Gertie
31. Reptar
32. Zim
32ε. Tak
33. Dib
34. Danny Phantom
34ε. Dani Phantom
35. Maddie Fenton
36. Vlad Plasmius
37. Skulker
38. Fright Knight
39. CatDog
40. Aang
40ε. Tenzin
41. Katara
42. Sokka
43. Toph
44. Zuko
45. Azula
46. Korra
47. Asami
48. Kyoshi
49. Garfield
50. Odie
51. Jenny
52. Vexus
53. Misty
54. Jimmy Neutron
54ε. Evil Jimmy
55. Hugh Neutron
56. Sheen
57. Professor Calamitous
58. Rocko
59. Heffer
60. Filbert
61. El Tigre
61ε. La Tigresa
62. Django of the Dead
63. Otto Rocket
64. Reggie Rocket
65. Daggett
66. Norbert
67. Otis
68. Timmy Turner
69. Vicky
70. Crimson Chin
71. Jorgen von Strangle
72. Rudy & Snap
73. Kitty Katswell
74. Fanboy
75. Chum-Chum
76. Bessie Higgenbottom
77. Mr. Blik
78. Waffle
79. Harvey Beaks
80. Miko Kubota
81. Gwyn
82. Vendetta

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Behold, my new and improved roster prediction!

1690519537763.png

No character cuts, I'm not expecting it at all

For clarifications sake, I took into account the PapaGenos characters or whatever
Unexpected (Same Franchise, Pre-Existing Franchise): Stu Pickles
No one asked for but no one hates (Same Franchise, Pre-Existing Franchise): Spike
Surprising but cool (Pre-Existing Franchise, not the previous one): Professor Membrane
New character that made him think we're getting more characters (I interpreted this as him implying one of the characters he's seen would normally be paired up with someone else too) (New Franchise): Snap for ChalkZone or Fanboy for Fanboy & Chum Chum, can be either or

Aside from that I'm positive Loud House will be getting another character, so I went with Luna

If they're already addressing TMNT not being complete then I don't see why they wouldn't bring in Arnold too

And finally Snap and Fanboy both offer fun challenges moveset wise, visually and stage wise, so I see them as pretty likely. Snap was a top request and Fanboy has this in his favor from the first game:
1690519903018.png

at the time it was deconfirmation, but in the context of a sequel, I feel like it implies that Fanboy and/or Chum Chum were at least considered, with the implication here being that they'd probably be on the table if they got more freedom development wise. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume they got more freedom based on what we've seen of NASB 2 so far.

Combine that with Fanboy/Chum Chum regularly placing top 25 in polls, some even as high as top 10 and I think they're sleeper picks for sure. Also I say the fighter is Fanboy (which it is) but Chum Chum would still be there too. I'm tired of duo characters though so I'll say Chum Chum acts more like a sidekick, the Toad to Fanboy's Peach if you will.

And for DLC, we'll say Timmy, Zuko, Otis and....idk some other highly requested character, Miko maybe?

Greenhorne Ethan

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-4106-6771-3326
Not a TMNT fan (yet?) but I really wish they mixed different incarnations if they were gonna have more Turtles. Rise didn't get its dues, the movie for that one is the most I've seen of the franchise.

Would've been fun for whatever story content to have the four of them develop the same brotherhood as with their equivalents back home.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I wouldn't really qualify anyone from the Loud House as a particularly WTF character, especially by the terms of this games fanbase where a majority aren't even loud house fans in the first place, let alone know enough to consider a character a WTF pick.
Although when it comes to TLH when discussing new reps for it two characters seem to get all the attention. The community almost exclusively points to either Luna and Luan to be the 3rd rep. Lynn Jr. does get some conversation as well, but the rest are hardly talked about at all.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
PapaGenos does have one big thing in his favor for NASB specifically though: He "guessed" a lot of things about Rocko that ended up being correct, including some of his moves, his alternate skin, and his stage. He's mentioned otherwise that he could see it being more 35/36 if cuts happen. He specifically said he doesn't know who would get the axe, he never claimed there would be no cuts.
This is what I feel is more likely the case. I'm assuming that everyone will be returning, we get 11 newcomers that bring the total to 36, and then the 4 DLC characters make it a nice even 40.

Top Bottom