• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

darkvortex

Smash Lord
What doesn't add up is that in the past he didn't fear for his sources like for MVS or Smash to some extent he was pretty clear about what he heard was coming.
I wasn't around for his smash stuff but iirc with mvs he would only talk about stuff after it was already leaked by other people or after the game died

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...d-squidward-and-jimmy-neutron-join-the-roster

Here's an article that gives some more info about the game. The part that stands out to me is:
- Minigame Mayhem: Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl 2 introduces all-new minigames to play alone or with friends. Compete for global leaderboard high scores in Pinch the Blimps, Whack-a-Bot, and Irken Armada Bootcamp Survival.

I wonder what exactly these minigames will entail!

Also if Whack-a-Bot could include the bots from Attack of the Toybots, that would be appreciated greatly

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
PG literally says he wants the devs to have their character reveal moments since the first game leaked so hard and that's why he's not just saying who's in aside from the basically-confirmed El Tigre. So yeah, there's his excuse for not straight-up telling us Albert's in.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Its worth noting that PG is a nick fan and was fairly active in speculation for the first game. If he says a character is someone almost no one has asked for its probably true
And apparently That character is from a show that already has a character in the game, and that show is also getting another newcomer who, while being a surprise, isn't exactly WTF territory. And we're also getting another character from a new, unrepped franchise other than El Tigre, who PapaGenos confirmed separately.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
And apparently That character is from a show that already has a character in the game, and that show is also getting another newcomer who, while being a surprise, isn't exactly WTF territory. And we're also getting another character from a new, unrepped franchise other than El Tigre, who PapaGenos confirmed separately.
Based on absolutely nothing - so not a theory whatsoever, don't take it seriously - I have a gut feeling it's the Cabbage Merchant

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord

LimeTH

Smash Lord
They better start getting their reveals out as soon as they can, then, if this is true.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Patchy puppet fighter with Potty would be pretty cool. They've already experimented a little with that archetype with Zim, so to see them go full with it just as they did with zoner playstyles for Zim to Rocko would be interesting - since Rocko is a really well designed zoner all things considered, one of the shining examples within the subgenre IMO, a really fun opponent to fight and a very pleasing version of my favourite Nicktoon, even if I don't click with actually playing him.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Patchy puppet fighter with Potty would be pretty cool. They've already experimented a little with that archetype with Zim, so to see them go full with it just as they did with zoner playstyles for Zim to Rocko would be interesting - since Rocko is a really well designed zoner all things considered, one of the shining examples within the subgenre IMO, a really fun opponent to fight and a very pleasing version of my favourite Nicktoon, even if I don't click with actually playing him.
STOP GETTING ME EXCITED FOR THINGS THAT WON'T HAPPEN

LimeTH

Smash Lord
If he's not BS-ing, then it's gotta be a more outlandish pick, right? If it were someone like Mr. Krabs, a cool but not super notable pick, he'd tell us, wouldn't he? Why the mystique around a Spongebob character if it's a main character?

darkvortex

Smash Lord
If he's not BS-ing, then it's gotta be a more outlandish pick, right? If it were someone like Mr. Krabs, a cool but not super notable pick, he'd tell us, wouldn't he? Why the mystique around a Spongebob character if it's a main character?
He's straight up said he he hasn't seen krabs or plankton iirc

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Remind me, for those super wtf characters didn’t he say they were some franchises they weren’t from?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Alright so I made a roster too based on PapaGenos information.

Here some aditional info:

I assume stage theory will be right, so we're getting a new Arnold character and a new Loud house rep. I add Arnold himself and Luan Loud, but I could see Luna taking her place. For the veterans, I assumed there would be at least 1 cut because if there wasn't, the interview would have made it clear has a big marketing point instead of being vague and avoiding the question. So I cut Toph because with the moveset revamp, I think that Aang could possibly have some of her moves. I add Zuko to replace her, who is more popular than her in the first palce.

You can see that ManRay is in a weird spot in my roster. This is because at first I had Vlad here, but at the same time I was making my roster, I saw the new posts here with PapaGeno saying that there's apparently a new SpongeBob rep. With him saying that he didn't saw Plankton or Krabs, I figured it has to be something weird. I choose ManRay because I think he's the type of character the team would love to work with, and he's also a popular internet meme because of the wallet scene with Patrick.

Aside from that I add Odie and Jon as the franchise who would get 2 rep, one of them being a weird choice. I think Jon make sense and Garfield having 3 characters also make sense, but I think Jon would be considered weird to many. Finally I add El Tigre as the only new franchise. I think the other new franchises will be keep for the dlc (so my early dlc predictions would be Otis, Timmy Turner, Angry beavers and Rocket power rep.)

Edit: In the end I assumed Vlad is not playable, because if he was I think PapaGeno would have said it clearly. He's probably just a boss.

myroster (14).png

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I really doubt Aang's getting any of Toph's moves - at least not the ground strongs or specials. Even if Aang does get retooled into a zoner or otherwise less rushdown-based archetype, all the new moves we've seen from him so far are very much based within those of his previous moveset - staff-length elemental disjoints - with the water nair basically being the same as his existing nair. Plus, we've seen a fire move from Aang, so - while I do think Zuko is very likely - he's virtually on the same standing as Toph

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Alright so I made a roster too based on PapaGenos information.

Here some aditional info:

I assume stage theory will be right, so we're getting a new Arnold character and a new Loud house rep. I add Arnold himself and Luan Loud, but I could see Luna taking her place. For the veterans, I assumed there would be at least 1 cut because if there wasn't, the interview would have made it clear has a big marketing point instead of being vague and avoiding the question. So I cut Toph because with the moveset revamp, I think that Aang could possibly have some of her moves. I add Zuko to replace her, who is more popular than her in the first palce.

You can see that ManRay is in a weird spot in my roster. This is because at first I had Vlad here, but at the same time I was making my roster, I saw the new posts here with PapaGeno saying that there's apparently a new SpongeBob rep. With him saying that he didn't saw Plankton or Krabs, I figured it has to be something weird. I choose ManRay because I think he's the type of character the team would love to work with, and he's also a popular internet meme because of the wallet scene with Patrick.

Aside from that I add Odie and Jon as the franchise who would get 2 rep, one of them being a weird choice. I think Jon make sense and Garfield having 3 characters also make sense, but I think Jon would be considered weird to many. Finally I add El Tigre as the only new franchise. I think the other new franchises will be keep for the dlc (so my early dlc predictions would be Otis, Timmy Turner, Angry beavers and Rocket power rep.)

Edit: In the end I assumed Vlad is not playable, because if he was I think PapaGeno would have said it clearly. He's probably just a boss.

I agree with you with regards to I also am leaning towards Garfield getting two new reps alongside Spongebob. To me, that would explain why garfield is just as big as spongebob on the official boxart.
1690563491800.png

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Remind me, for those super wtf characters didn’t he say they were some franchises they weren’t from?
Fhis is a good image (made by QG who's on here) to explain this all. Putting it in a spoiler tag because implied swearing

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Patchy is cool but iirc there is an internal Nickelodeon rule where he can never officially meet SpongeBob, or at least there used to be one when Stephen was still working on the show. I haven't watched much outside of the OG 3-4 seasons and a few modern classics but if that is a rule I can see them not wanting to do Patchy. I wouldn't be opposed to Patchy though, he's very fun, though I wonder if they'd have to mocap him and if that would cost extra.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Patchy is cool but iirc there is an internal Nickelodeon rule where he can never officially meet SpongeBob, or at least there used to be one when Stephen was still working on the show. I haven't watched much outside of the OG 3-4 seasons and a few modern classics but if that is a rule I can see them not wanting to do Patchy. I wouldn't be opposed to Patchy though, he's very fun, though I wonder if they'd have to mocap him and if that would cost extra.
Patchy did meet SpongeBob at the end of the birthday episode and a modern "christmas" episode, so maybe they changed their views on that.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Assuming that Stage Theory still holds up the "surprise picks" are from either The Loud House or Hey Arnold, while the mystery "anything goes" character is from Avatar. Due to them being "surprise picks" I don't think that we're getting the expected Luna or Luan, but actually we're instead getting Lana and Lisa, with Lisa being the WTF pick. I also believe that Arnold himself is the surprise character that PapaGenos thought was cool. I also think that the other unrepped franchise getting in is The Angry Beavers, which is the final pre-SBSP Nicktoon that isn't owned by a competitor that doesn't have a playable character yet.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I agree with you with regards to I also am leaning towards Garfield getting two new reps alongside Spongebob. To me, that would explain why garfield is just as big as spongebob on the official boxart.
View attachment 375214
I think the only explanation we really need on that front is "he's Garfield." Y'know, the mascot of corporate syndication in the modern age?
If anything Patchy got animated in a very recent episode (christmas 2021), so maybe they would go with this design?

View attachment 375216

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've been reading the Meta thread on the Grinders Discord, and it's absolutely put a lot of my fears at ease - still a tiny bit worried about reworks, (even though the footage very clearly shows they aren't that major) but seeing all the playtesters praise it and encouraging players to wait for the gameplay reveal, people who understand the game way better than me showing optimism, and the NASB 1 Korra hitstop mod which shows what this game could look like with hitstop, is making me way more confident.

Also

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hopefully they confirm some more veterans for us, but either way this will be a very interesting presentation.
I'm pretty sure we're not gonna get any confirmed veterans from this; based on the video for the first game and the screenshot on the official website, they're likely just going to be using Spongebob and Patrick as the dummies.

Top Bottom