• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Fhis is a good image (made by QG who's on here) to explain this all. Putting it in a spoiler tag because implied swearing
I got feedback on this from PapaGenos himself, THIS is the finalized version of this
IMG_9241.jpeg

Anyways this is my current roster predictions, I’m undecided between one of two outcomes

entirebrandnewnasb2definitiverosterprediction.png
FINALnasb2rosterprediction.png

In other words my mind internally looks like this atm
IMG_9250.jpeg

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Wish granted, we will get 2 Loud House characters instead of just 1
WE IN THE RUSTY ERA NOW

rusty.jpg

But yeah, I'm not sure if we'll get two, and we don't even know if the main Loud House stage from the first game will come back (I really hope it does, even before I got into the show I praised it as one of the game's best stages. It doesn't need a visual rework, it just looks that f****** good!), and we haven't even seen Linc in NASB2 footage outside of that reworked WW clip.

Also, how come you predicted Spike and Stu in particular? Stu has the dad advantage but neither of them have had much of a fan push. Rugrats more than deserves three reps, but I'm curious about why those two specifically.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I got feedback on this from PapaGenos himself, THIS is the finalized version of this

Anyways this is my current roster predictions, I’m undecided between one of two outcomes

View attachment 375224View attachment 375225
In other words my mind internally looks like this atm
View attachment 375226
So from what I'm understanding, there are only two unrepped series getting new characters in the base game, and one of them is someone almost no one's asked for or talked about?

Beaver Bros, are we in trouble here?

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
WE IN THE RUSTY ERA NOW

View attachment 375227

But yeah, I'm not sure if we'll get two, and we don't even know if the main Loud House stage from the first game will come back (I really hope it does, even before I got into the show I praised it as one of the game's best stages. It doesn't need a visual rework, it just looks that f****** good!), and we haven't even seen Linc in NASB2 footage outside of that reworked WW clip.

Also, how come you predicted Spike and Stu in particular? Stu has the dad advantage but neither of them have had much of a fan push. Rugrats more than deserves three reps, but I'm curious about why those two specifically.
Let me see if I can explain my line of logic

At the time that he stated that there were two characters from the same already repped series, one unexpected and one WTF, he had already basically implied that there weren’t any new SpongeBob, Avatar or TMNT characters. While this isn’t necessarily the case generally speaking now, I think it still applies to these two, so I rule those out

From there I’ve always been a believer that only a franchise bigger than Loud House (or at the very least still being an active IP) would get more reps than it. Since LH currently has 2 characters, I ruled out any not still airing shows/reps. I also ruled out R&S because I don’t see us getting 2 more reps from that series period

That left Rugrats and Garfield for potential IPs and between the two Rugrats feels more likely to get anything

Stu would be the unexpected pick, but due to how much Nick dads have been memed about this game and plenty of memes about Stu in particular (at least early on) he’s not a super unheard of pick

That leaves Spike, who I believe is WTF tier on the basis that literally no one brings him up when discussing a Rugrats rep, and yet anyone who’s watched the show would be able to tell you that outside of the main cast of babies, Spike’s one of the more recurring characters. That and I think people are going too niche with who the WTF pick might be prediction wise so it kinda just worked itself out

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So from what I'm understanding, there are only two unrepped series getting new characters in the base game, and one of them is someone almost no one's asked for or talked about?

There’s El Tigre and one other franchise that’s new that’s getting a character, there may be one more, but that’s it, the rest of the newcomers are from franchises already in the game.

The one no one seems to have talked about is in regards to one of the already represented franchises, not the new ones. It’s a separate thing

Also sorry for double post

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
There’s El Tigre and one other franchise that’s new that’s getting a character, there may be one more, but that’s it, the rest of the newcomers are from franchises already in the game.

The one no one seems to have talked about is in regards to one of the already represented franchises, not the new ones. It’s a separate thing

Also sorry for double post
Oh, that must have been a part that got corrected, it sounded like there was a new character from an unrepped series that was an utterly bizarre deep cut pick alongside the crazy pick from something already repped. So there's just the one bizarre deep cut pick from something already repped?

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Could be a matter of unfortunate timing. It seems like the sequel got greenlit around the same time the DLC was, and the surge in demand for Daggett and Norbert didn't start until after Rocko was revealed (I noticed a lot of 90's fans rallied around the beavers as their new pillar of demand). Its possible that the base roster was chosen before the beavers really took off.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
After thinking on it, I don't think we're getting another Rugrats rep.

Note that Reptar didn't even make the cover. If it had more representation, they'd probably want it be focused on.
There is always the possibility that it’s 2 Rocko characters instead, seeing as Rocko did get boxart treatment

LimeTH

Smash Lord
After thinking on it, I don't think we're getting another Rugrats rep.

Note that Reptar didn't even make the cover. If it had more representation, they'd probably want it be focused on.
My theory is, if there's a Rugrats character yet to be revealed, they're potentially going in that empty spot above Spongebob.

Could be a matter of unfortunate timing. It seems like the sequel got greenlit around the same time the DLC was, and the surge in demand for Daggett and Norbert didn't start until after Rocko was revealed (I noticed a lot of 90's fans rallied around the beavers as their new pillar of demand). Its possible that the base roster was chosen before the beavers really took off.
It's just odd to me that they wouldn't have been considered with out without demand in the first place. It's the last major 90's cartoon with no representation.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
This game's eating up so much of my headspace that I filled out another one of these two years later.

All I ask is ONE character from the right. Jimmy's already good, but if we can get Otis or Membrane in there, this may actually be my GOTY.
If anyone wants the template, here it is. I think someone dropped an actual one of these for NASB2 a while back, but I couldn't dig it up, so I improvised by editing the NASB1 one.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I believe that it's either two Loud House reps or two Hey Arnold reps due to Stage Theory, and I'm more inclined to believe the former.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
After thinking. I think the spongebob character is probably Larry or Bubble Bass. Bubble Bass has became weirdly more recurring lately

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
WE IN THE RUSTY ERA NOW

View attachment 375227

I am expecting two new TLH reps, but they'll actually be Lana and Lisa.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
The thing about it being the LH is I don't know how familiar Papagenos is with the LH. I don't know if any LH pick would make him react like that. It's much more likely to be an older series

LimeTH

Smash Lord
This game's eating up so much of my headspace that I filled out another one of these two years later.

All I ask is ONE character from the right. Jimmy's already good, but if we can get Otis or Membrane in there, this may actually be my GOTY.
If anyone wants the template, here it is. I think someone dropped an actual one of these someone made for NASB2 a while back, but I couldn't dig it up, so I improvised by editing the NASB1 one.

nasb2 wants.jpg

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
The thing about it being the LH is I don't know how familiar Papagenos is with the LH. I don't know if any LH pick would make him react like that. It's much more likely to be an older series
Although due to Stage Theory it probably is TLH that's getting two reps. The only other option is Hey Arnold, as we have seen a new Hey Arnold stage. He also implied that some roster decisions may be controversial among the fans, and giving TLH two new reps, neither of which are the more expected Luna/Luan/Lynn Jr. would fit this bill.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Watch it be Heffer and Really really big man.
I do wonder how you'd make a Big Man moveset without his nipples - he's more a talker than a fighter in the show, even his nipples of the future are generally used to be a voice of reason to characters and not for actual fighting, even if they have gone out of control on occasions.

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master

If anyone wants the template, here it is. I think someone dropped an actual one of these for NASB2 a while back, but I couldn't dig it up, so I improvised by editing the NASB1 one.
Finally, someone that wants Albert the Palmtree in NASB. (He's the Piranha Plant)
Also, why don't you want Saruman in NASB2? Oh it's just a meme. :skull::skull::skull:

Last edited:
Top Bottom