• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I suppose that makes sense then, that means presumably Sandy, Michelangelo, Leonardo, and Helga are all safe.

Which means the MIA characters would be Toph, Lincoln, Powdered Toast Man, CatDog, Oblina, Shredder, and Hugh.

I suppose it's possible that they could sell us some of the veterans as DLC later, especially with a second DLC pass. They'll probably put the more niche newcomers on the base roster, since they're a harder sell. In that case, I would expect Toph, CatDog, and Shredder to be potential DLC. Oblina, PTM, Lincoln, and Hugh would likely stay on the base roster.

They did say the roster is bigger, so subtracting the 3 I would expect for potential DLC slots would shrink the roster to 22. Add in the 4 we know are here would be 26, and, let's say the full newcomer total is 10, that leaves us 6ish slots to speculate with.

Assuming Vlad is playable, that's 5.
I assume we'll get at least one if not two or even three new franchises, so I'll guess Manny/El Tigre & Daggett to make 7.
We lost an Avatar rep, so I'll add one to make up for it, Zuko, for 8.
Loud House is getting more rep, so I'm gonna guess Luna for 9. I could also see this being Arnold instead.
As for the 10th slot, I have no idea. Probably gonna be a weird pick, like an Action League Now character. Maybe Kitty Katswell or Otto Rocket? I'll refrain from speculating here.

Then for DLC, Toph, CatDog, Shredder, and then another new series, and I'm gonna guess Otis takes his spot here.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I guess I'd be fine with some cuts, even though I'd rather not, and I really hope we don't lose any shows in the transition. So if they cut Helga, I'd hope they'd put Arnold in to replace. Lincoln I'm personally fine with losing, as he's the most boring character in his family other than the baby, but I see no reason to axe him. I have a lot of nostalgia for CatDog specifically so I hope they stay, and Oblina and PTM are some of my favorites from the first game so I really hope they stick around.

As for Toph, well, she's my favorite Avatar character. I hope she stays... but gets a massive moveset revamp.

People keep saying PapaGenos said Hugh is returning, can we get a source on that?

Edit: New screenshot?

1690496032715.png

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I guess I'd be fine with some cuts, even though I'd rather not, and I really hope we don't lose any shows in the transition. So if they cut Helga, I'd hope they'd put Arnold in to replace. Lincoln I'm personally fine with losing, as he's the most boring character in his family other than the baby, but I see no reason to axe him. I have a lot of nostalgia for CatDog specifically so I hope they stay, and Oblina and PTM are some of my favorites from the first game so I really hope they stick around.

As for Toph, well, she's my favorite Avatar character. I hope she stays... but gets a massive moveset revamp.

People keep saying PapaGenos said Hugh is returning, can we get a source on that?

Edit: New screenshot?

View attachment 375186
It's in his NASB2 reaction video, he claims it came from a source who told him about Jimmy, Vlad and the games existence pre leak

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
The only characters I'd worry even a little about being cut are Shredder and maybe Helga. Six characters for one series is kinda questionable for a game like this, and we more or less have confirmation of the Turtles + April (we haven't technically seen Mikey or Leo, but c'mon now). If anyone from the first game is going, I think it's Shredder, especially since the devs wanted him to be Rocksteady in the first place. As for Helga, I can maybe see her being axed for Arnold considering we've seen one [maybe] Hey Arnold stage that isn't Traffic Jam, but the devs seem to like her and I don't think they'd wanna cut her, honestly.
Beyond that, they aren't cutting the Turtles unless they actively want to spite people, Lincoln's not getting cut when his sister's on the box (frankly I don't think Nick would let them anyway), CatDog were lowkey the most hyped reveal of NASB1 prerelease, Hugh was added specifically by popular demand, Sandy doesn't have a reason to be cut and SpongeBob deserves all the rep it can get, Toph's a popular character they went to great lengths to balance in the first game, it wouldn't make sense to cut PTM with his stage in the game, and while Oblina's inclusion may be questionable to some, I doubt the devs wanna cut an entire series like that. In short, I wouldn't worry too much about your favorite character getting cut unless his name starts with "S" and ends with "edder".
Overall, though, I'm glad the early days of this game's prerelease are being dedicated to getting the "obvious" picks out of the way like Squidward, Jimbo, and the two remaining Turtles. If anything, that just means the rest of the game's life'll be that much more interesting.
Supers confirmed on IGN. Patrick rock is not a strong.
At first I was a little disappointed by this, but reading over what the devs have said, I'm actually super excited for how meter's gonna be in this game. Meter cancels in general are such a cool mechanic that I never knew I wanted in a platform fighter, and if the supers are well-designed and balanced, they could allow for some really sick clips. I'm all in.
Man, this looks better that I was expecting, I wonder how many new base game characters there will be, also since boss rush was mentioned any guesses who the boss characters might be?
I will eat my whole ass if Plankton isn't one of them. I know people want him as a character, but c'mon, you'd have to be a fool to not include Plankton as a boss in the story mode of your Nickelodeon game.
I'm also hoping Vlad isn't locked to being a boss character. I don't care personally, but he's a character a lot of people want to play as and if they can't, that's kind of a bummer.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I will eat my whole ass if Plankton isn't one of them. I know people want him as a character, but c'mon, you'd have to be a fool to not include Plankton as a boss in the story mode of your Nickelodeon game.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, if we do actually get Plankton as a boss I think that helps Larry’s chances, since he’s fit for a fighting game and would already have his voice actor attached to the project. That and Mr. Krabs voice actor is kinda infamous for being expensive to hire for projects like this and he doesn’t appear much at all in Nicktoons crossovers as it is

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, if we do actually get Plankton as a boss I think that helps Larry’s chances, since he’s fit for a fighting game and would already have his voice actor attached to the project. That and Mr. Krabs voice actor is kinda infamous for being expensive to hire for projects like this and he doesn’t appear much at all in Nicktoons crossovers as it is
If Nick's giving them enough budget to have all the characters' OG voice actors back on board (with a few obvious exceptions in the cases of Oblina, Nigel, and PTM), I don't think they're gonna cheap out on Clancy Brown. They got him back for Cosmic Shake just fine. Plus, they could always hire an Imitation Krabs... not that they should.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Flying Ductman I could see as a boss since they have the assets. Maybe Krang or even Bebop and Rocksteady?
I didn't even consider Flying Dutchman. Seeing as he already has a model, that might be the one for SpongeBob.
I think you're right about TMNT getting a boss as well. With a rogue's gallery as extensive as TMNT's, there's no way we don't get a boss (or pair of bosses, in the case of the latter) from that series. Other than that, maybe one of Jimmy Neutron's villains could make the cut?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Professor Calamitous or Poultra would make good bosses for Jimmy Neutron.

If Shredder's on the roster, it's probably because Vlad's not locked into boss mode, or vice versa. So both Danny Phantom fans and TMNT fans win if the bosses become playable.

Me? I'm glad there's enough room in the budget for Smash-esque taglines for the newcomers.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but what if they're holding of showing Mike and Leonardo because they changed design and they got the Rise design or something? Would be cool with the upcoming movie.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So PapaGenos has new info from his source apparently, these comments seem to be worth discussing

Captura_de_pantalla_1425.png

image.png

That last bit is interesting to me. “Given who I’ve seen I actually think there’s very likely MORE than 10 total newcomers” makes me think he saw a character that the community usually lumps into a duo without their other half……solo Beavers real?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So PapaGenos has new info from his source apparently, these comments seem to be worth discussing

View attachment 375189
View attachment 375190
That last bit is interesting to me. “Given who I’ve seen I actually think there’s very likely MORE than 10 total newcomers” makes me think he saw a character that the community usually lumps into a duo without their other half……solo Beavers real?
Maye he just saw a side characters from a unreped show and he assume that the main will be here too?

Honestly I wouldn't put too much faith in what he say tho. Wasn't his Smash sources very unreliable?

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Maybe it's wishful thinking, but what if they're holding of showing Mike and Leonardo because they changed design and they got the Rise design or something? Would be cool with the upcoming movie.
Nick wants all the Turtles to use designs from the same show.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
lincolleospotted2.jpg

Direct comparison between Wild Waterfall in the trailer and the same stage in the original game, note the different log model, metallic sheen on the Convee's metal parts, and the transparency of the waterfall. No idea why it was in the NASB1 part of the trailer, but if that is an updated version of the stage then it shows that we'll be getting Lincoln and Leo back (and by extension Mikey).

Also, does Darwin look up and watch the fighters in the NASB1 version of the stage?

darkvortex

Smash Lord
I like Papa and he did have some decent NASB leaks but his smash stuff was iffy at best and MvS died before we could see if anything he was saying was true so

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also, does Darwin look up and watch the fighters in the NASB1 version of the stage?
Always had. It's why you can unlock a Darwin profile icon in-game.

I swear I heard someone say they could actually look inside the Com-Vee this time around, but it doesn't look like it.

darkvortex

Smash Lord
Apparently Rep has claimed Nick had a mandate that all the Turtles had to be from one show. So no half rise half 80s or whatever

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Apparently Rep has claimed Nick had a mandate that all the Turtles had to be from one show. So no half rise half 80s or whatever
On the other hand, they allowed the 80s Turtles to cosplay as their counterparts from other shows in the Shredder's Revenge DLC, and the "canon alts only" thing for NASB was incredibly lenient.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I’m beating around the possibility they might have revealed the game earlier than planned because of all the leaks and fake leaks and decided to get ahead of any more. That’s why we’re still missing a small chunk of character footage.

I’m beating around the possibility they might have revealed the game earlier than planned because of all the leaks and fake leaks and decided to get ahead of any more. That’s why we’re still missing a small chunk of character footage.
Yeah, I got nothing against this. At least revealing Squidward and Jimmy this early, along with all the other improvements, gave them something to work with.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

If by some miracle the base game does have a 40 character roster, I'm betting several of them will be unlockable bosses.

Either way this game may have a bigger budget, but I can't see it being big enough to warrant remaking the first 25 fighters, with the animation issues of the first 20 fixed, while still having enough newcomer resources for 15 of them.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'd be shocked if we get more than 32 fighters in the base game.

Why 32? Because I originally thought 35 was a good number to cap off with.
Yeah I'll admit I might have to scale back this prediction from earlier
Based on factors like the stages we've seen, DLC already being announced, speculation that Vlad is boss-exclusive, and my personal belief that there isn't one single Nicktoons license you can pay for and get their whole catalog, I'll assume the rest of the base game newcomers are:

• Zuko
  • Arnold
  • Luna
  • One character from an already repped Klasky-Csupo show (Tommy/Angelica/Ickis/Krumm/Eliza/Donnie)
  • One character from an unrepped 90s show (Norbert/Daggett/Otto/Reggie)
  • One character from an unrepped 2000s show (El Tigre/Otis/Bessie/one of the Catscratch cats)
If it turns out Vlad is playable, replace my KC guess with him.
Because I made it not knowing they were fully remaking all NASB1 veterans from the ground up. Like, I'd expect they'd at least keep moves that were decently animated, and just partially touch up the DLC characters to fit the new mechanics since they were already miles ahead of the base game fighters, but jeez.

Yeah I'll admit I might have to scale back this prediction from earlier

Because I made it not knowing they were fully remaking all NASB1 veterans from the ground up. Like, I'd expect they'd at least keep moves that were decently animated, and just partially touch up the DLC characters to fit the new mechanics since they were already miles ahead of the base game fighters, but jeez.
Okay, who would you predict now? And why are they the ones you haven't laid out multiple examples of?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Okay, who would you predict now? And why are they the ones you haven't laid out multiple examples of?
I think I'll mostly stick to Zuko, Arnold, and Luna and picked them because:

1. We saw new ATLA, Hey Arnold, and TLH stages
2. Those seem to be the biggest requests from their respective shows.

I think I'll mostly stick to Zuko, Arnold, and Luna and picked them because:

1. We saw new ATLA, Hey Arnold, and TLH stages
2. Those seem to be the biggest requests from their respective shows.
If the base game is just Squidward, Jimmy, Zuko, Arnold, Luna, and the remaining Ninja Turtles, on top of all the previous roster, I'd be okay with that.

Sure, I'd get one or two of the DLC characters, but the base game newcomers there would fix three of the series gaps its predecessor missed.

Shroob

Sup?

If by some miracle the base game does have a 40 character roster, I'm betting several of them will be unlockable bosses.

Either way this game may have a bigger budget, but I can't see it being big enough to warrant remaking the first 25 fighters, with the animation issues of the first 20 fixed, while still having enough newcomer resources for 15 of them.
Flipside though is we've seen well over 75% of the 1st game's roster. Sure, there could very well be cuts no doubt, I wouldn't even put it past that possibly happening, but we've seen a LOT of the OG roster.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Flipside though is we've seen well over 75% of the 1st game's roster. Sure, there could very well be cuts no doubt, I wouldn't even put it past that possibly happening, but we've seen a LOT of the OG roster.
Well to be fair, Smash 4 had all the veterans it included reanimated to accommodate making left and right-facing players look similar, and still managed to have 15 unique newcomers in the base game. And it included more than 25 Melee/Brawl vets.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I doubt it, the game will release this fall, if anything I'm surprised it was announced this late.

Shroob

Sup?
Well to be fair, Smash 4 had all the veterans it included reanimated to accommodate making left and right-facing players look similar, and still managed to have 15 unique newcomers in the base game. And it included more than 25 Melee/Brawl vets.
We're only missing what, 6 characters or so? And I severely doubt they'd show off characters from the first game that weren't returning ala the Squidward trailer.

Yeah, I don't deny cuts are likely, but at the same time, they've shown a lot of stuff already from the first game, I wouldn't be 'too' worried in the long run.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
We're only missing what, 6 characters or so? And I severely doubt they'd show off characters from the first game that weren't returning ala the Squidward trailer.

Yeah, I don't deny cuts are likely, but at the same time, they've shown a lot of stuff already from the first game, I wouldn't be 'too' worried in the long run.
If we count all the ones we've physically seen in gameplay, including the NASB1 gameplay at the start, then the ones we haven't seen are CatDog, Powdered Toast Man, Hugh, Oblina, and Shredder.

CatDog had his stage shown in the NASB1 segment though, and probably just needs more time in the oven since the new horizontal attack variants probably necessitated some extra work with their gimmick.

Shroob

Sup?
If we count all the ones we've physically seen in gameplay, including the NASB1 gameplay at the start, then the ones we haven't seen are CatDog, Powdered Toast Man, Hugh, Oblina, and Shredder.

CatDog had his stage shown in the NASB1 segment though, and probably just needs more time in the oven since the new horizontal attack variants probably necessitated some extra work with their gimmick.
Yeah, if they show off something related to a character in promotional material, I feel like they're a safe bet. Iirc someone said that PTM's stage was also shown off?

darkvortex

Smash Lord

IT'S TIME ALBERTBROS WE MADE IT
This genuinely has me really existed. I had a sort of worry the newcomers would just be fairly safe picks like Arnold, A LH girl, Squidward, etc. All of whom are great or fine by I want some weridos. Some "they did that?" picks or picks I never even thought of. This is good

Top Bottom