• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Anyone post a list of what stages we know for sure are coming back?

Personally, I'd hope most of them do. I guess I could take or leave Space Madness and Glove World.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Hopefully all of the first game's content comes back.

Lincoln, Sandy, and Helga were all shown in the NASB1 part, but have yet to show up in footage exclusive to NASB2. No idea why they'd ever be cut, you have two characters from Nick's cash cows (one of which is the face of the series), and a beloved character from a beloved Nicktoon that Nick has a LOT of favor for, both in merch and in crossovers (even outside of 90's stuff).

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
EX specials are a thing and Toph's back

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Rewatching the trailer, I think everything about "new moves" is way overblown. Like, REALLY overblown. Most of the moves seen are returning moves or variants (both in terms of "SpongeBob/Aang uses a spatula/water instead of his net/staff" and "EX moves") of them. In fact, I think the only new moves I can see are Spob karate slap, Spob absorption, Aang's fire attack, Nigel gorilla gloves, and the Zim scream attack, and even some of those could be fairs, bairs, or replacements for redundant moves (hell, the Zim scream attack is so obscured that it's probably just the existing light dash). I don't think any playstyles are going to be remotely reworked any more than Smash characters are.

EDIT: I also think Leonardo is on the logo shot.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Shredder mentioned too so he's back.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Ren & Stimpy airdash in the trailer - they glow white, which might imply an airdodge, but since they get hit out of it by Aang it's probably an airdash.

EDIT: Frame-by-framed it. It's an airdash. The exact frame they stop glowing is when Aang hits them.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Anyone post a list of what stages we know for sure are coming back?

Personally, I'd hope most of them do. I guess I could take or leave Space Madness and Glove World.
From the trailer we saw all 3 TMNT stages, Powdered toast trouble, Flying dutchman ship, Irken armada, Western air temple, Harmonic convergence and Royal woods cemetery.

Jellyfish fields, Catdog house and Wilds waterfall are also shown but those are at the start of the trailer from the first game (although Wilds waterfall is definitely upgrade so not sure if that was a mistake? It definitely looks like it's come from the sequel).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
After more thought, I think hitstop is actually very smart. Grants players a few extra frames to strategize without full on Brawl-ing the movement, and makes the game look a little more flashy by giving hits more diegetic impact too. I think I can say I welcome it now. I'm a lot warmer on NASB 2. I'll continue rewatching the trailer and looking out for things. NASB 1's trailers didn't really show that much of the advanced tech or game feel either, I'm sure there'll be an unedited gameplay video posted soon to dig my teeth into.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Is he a dev? Also he mentioned Sandy in a quote tweet.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I can't tell if he's a dev or a playtester but I do know this dude definitely has some access to internal information and has had it for awhile, as I've been following him on Twitter for the last sevenish months
They were a playtester for the first game and are apparently the main reason Toph is no longer ass, so safe to assume they’re a playtester here too

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Nope, the competitive server and same guy there confirmed that was just speculation and not at all true info. Toph, Shredder, and whoever aren't confirmed from this tweet.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
From the trailer we saw all 3 TMNT stages, Powdered toast trouble, Flying dutchman ship, Irken armada, Western air temple, Harmonic convergence and Royal woods cemetery.

Jellyfish fields, Catdog house and Wilds waterfall are also shown but those are at the start of the trailer from the first game (although Wilds waterfall is definitely upgrade so not sure if that was a mistake? It definitely looks like it's come from the sequel).
It is relevant to note that at least three stages have received modifications beyond background detail - Rooftop, Sewers, and Harmonic Convergence all have things that weren't in the original, in fact, the layout of the latter has definitely seen some changes and isn't just flat anymore.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
It'd be VERY bizarre to cut him from the roster. We're literally getting a stage based on a movie that focuses on him heavily, he was even briefly Duke of the damn town! Adding that and then cutting him would be Waluigi Pinball but no Waluigi in MK7 all over again. Same goes for Powdered Toast Man, given his stage is coming back. The devs are way too self-aware for this kind of thing.

At least if Helga or Toph gets cut there will be outcry and demand for them to rejoin. Lincoln, if he gets cut, is absolutely screwed for good, given that there would be NO demand for him to come back.

I mean, I do kinda get the sense that Lucy is more popular…
Cute and marketable girls tend to get huge popularity advantages in fandoms. They also put a lot of love into Lucy's moveset while Linc's feels very phoned-in. Thank god there's gonna be moveset overhauls in this game.

Lucy's my favorite sister, and my favorite sibling after Lincoln, but Linc doesn't need to be cut to accommodate her...

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Considering Lincoln was the original protagonist of the show I highly doubt he’s getting the boot.
Especially since Loud House is the most popular Nick show that isn’t named Spongebob.
Exactly, it'd be like cutting someone like Kirby from Smash.

He's still treated as the face of the franchise, even if the rest of the family has gotten loads of episodes of their own as well.

Then again, after Tommy and Angelica were cut from Kart Racers 3 we can never be too sure.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, it'd be like cutting someone like Kirby from Smash.

He's still treated as the face of the franchise, even if the rest of the family has gotten loads of episodes of their own as well.

Then again, after Tommy and Angelica were cut from Kart Racers 3 we can never be too sure.
Yeah, can't really claim that he's super likely. He's 50-50 if there's cuts imo, games have actively ignored and removed Lincoln before.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If we do get cuts, I think they'll probably be back in bonus DLC. Maybe not free bonus DLC, but also absolutely not part of the mystery DLC. Lincoln, Oblina, and Shredder do seem shakiest to me at least.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Things I noticed while rewatching:

• Patrick has a Barnacle Boy alternate costume.
  • Both the Band Geeks outfit and the art studio outfit are alternates for Squidward.
  • SpongeBob's #1 Soda Hat is returning.
  • Zim has a new running animation.

• Irken Armada also got changed. It's no longer a Battlefield-esque layout.
  • Harmonic Convergence has two different versions; one is flat and the other has slants and platforms.
  • Powdered Toast Trouble's lighting engine seems to imply it now takes place at night.
  • Sewers Slam now has slants on both sides, giving it a valley-esque appearance.
  • The Air Nomad glider in the background of Western Air Temple sways back and forth with the wind.
  • Western Air Temple now has a cliff on the right side which is a wall.
  • Rooftop Rumble now has a platform on the left side off on it's own (in front of a construction site), and the right side now has a slanted bridge connecting to another rooftop.
  • Technodrome Takedown now takes place in a jungle, though we can see a massive building in the background, as well as a moon and some rings in space? Maybe takes place in Dimension X? I don't know much about Turtles lore for the OG series.

• U.I. is unfinished in the final shot.
  • Pretty sure the Leonardo W3 claims to see is just Donnie, but it's impossible to fully tell.

I'll admit, losing out on the first game's music is a little bit sad (unless they end up retaining them as alternate stage tracks.) I actually really liked most of the music in the first game.

As for cuts... I actually don't think we'll see any. The models already exist which means they need less work than a fully new character. It'd be weird to just not touch them up and have more characters.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I do think cuts are happening, if they weren't, the question probably wouldn't have been dodged. Anyone who knows anything about platform fighters knows that having no cuts is a BIG marketing deal. That being said, given how a big a roster chunk we've seen, I think cuts will be the same size or lower than those of NKR3

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I believe the "98%" is only 98% of assets, not concepts and game design, otherwise we wouldn't have seen so many returning stages, moves, or - hell - to an extent, characters.

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Lord
If the Arnold, Zuko and LH sister (I don't watch the show I dunno their names) guesses are true. I think base game is gonna mostly be all filling out already in series, while DLC will be all new series. That's where we get Tigre, Beaver, Otis, and yes maybe even Timmy

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Isn't one of Luna's personality traits being a tea-aboo? and the Loud House movie takes place in Scotland, right? Just sorta putting it out there.
That's true, but it isn't focused on much, and Luna barely does anything in the movie. Lincoln gets most of the focus, and Lucy to a lesser extent. But Lucy's stage is returning.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Didn't they say that the models were redone from scratch?
Well, at the very least then they have reference material to work with. That is a bit worrying though.

I wouldn't worry too hard about Oblina, since the devs are reportedly big fans of ARM. PTM seems like a safe bet as he was one of the breakout meme stars of the first, and his stage is returning. There's no way Lincoln is getting the axe as the star of the most popular Nick show since SpongeBob, plus his show got a new stage. SpongeBob is also huge, so unless we're getting like, Mr. Krabs as well as Squidward, I think it's safe. They aren't cutting Hey Arnold as a series, and considering Helga was the frontrunner, I assume she'll stay. Avatar has the same thing as SpongeBob where I just don't see us losing out on one of the most popular characters. CatDog won't get axed as a series.

That really, imo, just leaves Leo, Mikey, and Shredder. I think it would be an honestly insulting, but easily possible, troll move on the devs' part to overcorrect and say "Wait, I thought you guys wanted Raph and Donnie? Well we had to make room for them somewhere!"

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The NASB 1 opening scene has voices from the unrevealed characters - I believe all the Nick VAs are union, so they should (if my 2 seconds on Google are correct) be getting paid residuals for repeat usage, and I can't really imagine them paying for voice clips from actors they aren't paying for the entire game anyway - given that this would legally be a seperate project.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The NASB 1 opening scene has voices from the unrevealed characters - I believe all the Nick VAs are union, so they should (if my 2 seconds on Google are correct) be getting paid residuals for repeat usage, and I can't really imagine them paying for voice clips from actors they aren't paying for the entire game anyway - given that this would legally be a seperate project.
Opening scene? What are you talking about?

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I wonder if there's going to be new voice lines recorded for this? Some of NASB's lines were admittedly a little iffy.

Also if they get Richard Horvitz back, there's more than one character he can play.

Top Bottom