• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Move: Z-Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

holywhack

Smash Apprentice
delete thread-
man... wtZzz- IT IS USELESS. PLEASE STOP RETALIATING. YOUR COCKY MENTALITY IS SHOWING EVERYONE HOW AWESOME YOU ARE. STOP.

Christmas wish for 2008- meet wtZzz!!! ^_^

Mama

Smash Ace
So in the end it was exactly what everyone thought. Auto floating. May this go down in history with the infamous names "craqwalk" and "DLX cancel".

I find it laughable that WTZzz actually has the gall to say "we focus on elite gaming" in such a manner. He obviously has no grasp around the concept of competitive gaming or proper etiquette when discussing anything related to the game. He came in thinking that because he was probably good in other games (Who really plays Mario Strikers? seriously? Especially with Nintendo's online policies) he thought that automatically translated to becoming great in Brawl or having the right to speak as though he new everything about the game (so sure that what he found was remarkable without even knowing how the game works).

In the end this thread failed. WtZ failed and I actually failed for trying to help him out >.>

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
Cross your fingers, and hide behind the elites

You thought I could just walk into Brawl? Of course I know that there are many melee pros that have carried on into Brawl. Of course they will have an advantage off release. Hell many of them had to get it before release to ensure their early success. I will be truly impressed if these pros keep their top ranked status in a few months and thousands of players pursue the competitive level. I guess we all have something to defend

Llumys

Smash Champion
Zzz, I respect that you're really confident, but face it. You're no where in the Smash community. Sure, I didn't play in major tournaments; I'm not even known around here, but I really don't think you should waltz around here acting like someone who's played Smash for over half a decade.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

You thought I could just walk into Brawl? Of course I know that there are many melee pros that have carried on into Brawl. Of course they will have an advantage off release. Hell many of them had to get it before release to ensure their early success. I will be truly impressed if these pros keep their top ranked status in a few months and thousands of players pursue the competitive level. I guess we all have something to defend
One: A true pro uses anything, aside from cheating, to ensure success. If it means importing a game, it's something they will do.
Two: I will be truly surprised if you end up being any challenge to the pros.
Three: Lose the arrogance. You haven't accomplished anything to justify it.

robman1

Smash Cadet
Try to be best
‘Cause you’re only a man
And a man’s gotta learn to take it

Try to believe
Though the going gets rough
That you gotta hang tough to make it

History repeats itself
Try and you’ll succeed

Never doubt that you’re the one
And you can have your dreams!

You’re the best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down
You’re the Best!
Around!
Nothing’s gonna ever keep you dow-ow-ow-ow-own

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Float cancel? this is the new Z walk? man... it is just called float cancel... it was in melee... not a z walk...

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
I will concede the Z-walk does work off of existing knowledge, however, no one was able to mention the correct button combination, making me wonder how knowledful some of the rabid posters here are.

I urge many of you to calm down, everything is OK. No need to panic when you see wtZzz trying to bring new material, because there will be much more of this. Gaming becomes more fun as you discover more techniques and strategies to use.
everyone here is more knowledgeable than you. you didn't even play melee, let alone at a non-scrub level.

if there will be much more of this, we might need to ban this guy before he starts saying that rolling forward then back is a new "technique" that will affect competitive play.

the fact that you thought jumping PAST someone and then rolling back would be good/a technique makes me realize how scrubby you are. unless you're fighting someone who just dropped their controller, they're going to have enough commone sense to hit you if you try to jump right through them.

let me stoop down to your level.

you aren't good. your friends aren't good. beating THEM doesn't make you good, and playing them is probably making you worse because neither of you are developing your game. it's like playing chess but always using the same strategy. you're not getting better, you're just playing more.

putting a combination of 4 things together in order is not a technique. it's not useful or even practical in any competitive match. you wouldn't know this because you haven't played a match against someone who isn't a moron. if i started to dash,shorthop,fastfall,then dash again, i wouldn't call it the flip-walk. it would just be a combination of different things put together.

stick to Mario Strikers, this game is too advanced for little kiddies.

by the way, some of the best SSBM players in the world are japanese players who don't even wavedash.

and one last thing, you can't develop mind games in a month. let me rephrase that: you can't learn GOOD mind games in a month. since you haven't played melee AT ALL, i can pretty much guarantee that you think beating lvl 9 computers makes you good.

take your own advice:

go practice.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
wait? rolling next to someone isnt a good idea?!?!?! NOOOOOO

lol...

seriously... when i saw that... i laughed really hard... JUMP PAST THEM... and THEN ROLL BACK TO THEM... lol please downsmash me someone?!?!!?

Llumys

Smash Champion
Just a little thing, when [wt] grows bigger in the Smash community, don't disrespect us. Zzz one of our elites, nor does he stand a chance against our bests, no disrespect, Zzz.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

What did this have anything to do with the fact that this entire thread is bovine manure? Where's the "I guess I was wrong in assuming this was new and wanting to name it after myself"?

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
wel, wT IS one of the most well known gaming clans in the world, and is probably AT LEAST as good as KSI. they're going to take over the smash community! /SARCASM

their "elites" are just melee scrubs who think wavedashing is cheap.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, Zzz, why do you even post here if you're unwilling to accept the help we offer you? Some of us may be a little harsh, but at the core of everything we tell you are good intentions. We're not just saying "you suck" we're telling you what the move you're doing actually is. We're trying to help you learn.

These are discussion forums, not praise forums. If you're not willing to listen to criticism and advice directed your way, then don't post here. This is a community, we all learn from each other. If you were right, wouldn't you want us to accept what you're telling us? Well you're not right. Can you understand that we'd like you to accept what we're telling you?

If you're just going to act like a stubborn child, then you're not the kind of member any of us are going to care about or respect.

Edit: Leaving out one word sure can change your meaning pretty severely, lol.

Smash Rookie
Just a little thing, when [wt] grows bigger in the Smash community, don't disrespect us. Zzz one of our elites, nor does he stand a chance against our bests, no disrespect, Zzz.
Color me doubtful that a clan which includes members on the level of Zzz will ever garner much respect.

Overall, your member(s) seem to be doing pretty well at making your clan look like a bunch of prepubescent morons, without even bringing your quite probably subpar level of skill into the equation.

T Bird

Smash Apprentice
Ok... so we have already covered the fact that this is not at all new, good. Nice try in trying to create something. Don't be so cocky about it. However, I have thought of some use for something like this that I am sure is either in common use/fails miserably. I however have not seen it myself, nor do i have someone to practice with, so could someone tell me this: Could this be used like triangle jumping was in melee to get past people with big sticks in their hands? ie. Ike/marth?

WiseWarrior

Smash Cadet
I've known Zzz and Wii Troopers since they began. They started as a Mario Strikers Charged clan, and dominated that game and Medal of Honor. They were always very cocky, and while a lot of their players were nice, there was always lots of controversy surrounding their leaders.

Zzz was first put into administration after the Wii Troopers creator, Bug, got in trouble for things I will not mention. I have noticed from Zzz's posts that he is very intelligent, however he put almost everyone down and said how he was the best MSC player in the world and that he contributed to all the success in other countries. So, yes, while that was stupid and by no means true, he did help his clan to become quite good in that game and Medal of Honor. So yes, he is concieted and stubborn lol, but as of lately he has been nicer, and has been thinking more of others.

First of all, wt does not do well at Brawl. I've heard from various members. Their best players in previous games still struggle. Bug only spams Wolf's B move, and Zzz and Robzfresh aren't much more skilled, but they are trying to learn, and not hanging onto a noob tactic. So it'll be a while before Wii Troopers as a whole pose a threat to anyone, but that's not saying they don't have good members. Fashoomp is a great Olimar user, and there's other who have skill. Wii Troopers put a LOT of time into practicing games. However, Bug has the idea stuck in his head that they are better than everyone else, and he's better than everyone else. Needless to say, no one from wt or anyone else really like him. But he is really good, save for Brawl.

So Zzz and Wii Troopers are sorta a stuck-up clan, yes. But while their leaders might give them a bad reputation, that doesn't mean it's true. Yes, they might not be that good at Brawl at the moment, but most of them are giving it their all, and are a lot of fun to play with.

Now, this is directed at Zzz. First of all, I commend you for trying to figure out new strategies and like that. But the first real mistake was naming it after yourself. That gives me the idea that you're an overconfident noob. In this case you kinda are lol, but you're trying, and if you listen to what people say, you can become an elite in this game too. So swallow your pride, and listen to the greats, and you will succede. This ends my very long post lol.

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
You are attacking MSC, yet I highly doubt you ever became good at the game. Many people people consider Smash Bros one of the least strategic fighting games. Many believe it is just a party game that got lucky.

If you take a deep look into any game, you find ways to master it. You act as if Smash Brothers holds some level of thinking only 1% of the population can grasp. I have already said I do not plan on reaching a respectable level within the next 3 weeks. I am on the right track, I have played good players, I know what I am up against. Some of you are so quick to discount me, and its only been a week or so since release.

This will be my last post on this thread, to save us from more senseless bickering. One thing I have learned in the past, is that despite the many criticisms of the game you are developing, you must continue to pursue what makes sense to YOU. Your long term performance is heavily weighted upon your personal comprehension of the game. If I am pursuing a flawed version of this game, I will find out quickly and modify it.

Personally, I would much rather pursue a self-created playing style than the same one as anyone here. Copying others does not it in my profile. Don't believe in me, it is way too early for me to care. Your disbelief is expected. I've been through this process several times, and as history shows, I am very good at finding new ways to be successful in professional gaming.

P.S. about the short hop "over" the person... That demonstration was mainly to show you can arial dodge into a roll, which in itself is a good maneuver. Of course I am not going to run up to people just to short hop over them. To say that a short hop, air dodge, roll behind a player will never be used is just foolish though

Douten

Smash Rookie
Hmmm I know nothing of this nature but I say the video Boo made was much more impressive than the Z-move you proclaim : )

Your posts a veering away from how useful this move of yours is and more into arrogance. I.E. "I would much rather pursue a self-created playing style than the same one as anyone here." Get a grip. I've read some detailed post where people try to explain to you what you're doing isn't new at all, but it just goes over your head I guess. Seriously if you want to win me over, post vids of you using that move constructively.

To have a person like me tell you that you're being arrogance really means something, as I don't post much, since I don't feel that I know enough. But I know a bad pride when I see one.

P.S.: I don't see how Wise is attacking MSC when he simply said you started with that game.

WiseWarrior

Smash Cadet
I don't think he was talking to me, since he didn't comment on anything else I said. I thinks someone a few posts back mentioned that they thought that being good at MSC didn't mean anything, or something like that.

Damax

Smash Lord
I don't know who said he was intelligent but IMO if he HAS to name and make such a deal about every little manoeuvrer he's gonna blow up.

no one's more dumb than the one who ignore that he doesn't know.

refusing help is also quite stupid, just as being arrogant. Confidence as a limit then it becomes stupidity just like some sort of courage is dumb.

its not cause you are at university that you are intelligent.

LB-

Smash Rookie
wow, i registered today to learn this game and i came across this thread.

preeeeetty funny...

this guy is so stupid on so many levels, it's not even funny anymore. well, i guess it still is. hahahahah.

the games he play must either have a really really low learning curve and/or suck, or this guy must be a gaming god. otherwise, expecting to be at a top player's level within a month is something only a ******* would say. i don't know how he got himself into such a high horse, but being #1 at a ****ty game sure seems to boost some people's ego.

arguing with people who knows so much more about the game and failing to show any sort of respect and deny their interpretations/suggestions/ideas show the kind of person he is, and frankly, people like them will never get any far. challenging something is one thing; ignoring something is a whole different matter. inability to acknowledge facts on hand is even mildly ********, but hey, whatever floats their boat.

i really hope this guy believes he's good and enters evo. when he gets peaced out in his pools, i'll be there personally laughing at his face. if he doesn't, oh well. not like i have anything to prove. all the points have been beaten to death by everyone else on this thread anyways, and the consensus happens to be the truth as well.

just let the guy mature. there aren't any ears on *******s so not like you'll get any of your points across.

ahahaha.

AngryJimmy

Smash Cadet
You are attacking MSC, yet I highly doubt you ever became good at the game. Many people people consider Smash Bros one of the least strategic fighting games. Many believe it is just a party game that got lucky.
You aren't talking about Melee are you? If you had any idea how technical and strategic that game is you would be kicking yourself in the nuts right now.

It takes years just to get decent.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
Idunno.. it seems like it's a bit of an embarrassing game to be amazing at. It just.. doesn't seem all that great. But hey, that's just what I thought of it. It was definitely pretty fun just playing casually but... the fact that it's such a goofy, absurd SOMETHING that can only be roughly equated to the sport it attempts to emulate... I just can't really take it too seriously.

Wunpee

Smash Cadet
well to be fair, brawl is emulating a street fight in a rather goofy and absurd manner.

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
Idunno.. it seems like it's a bit of an embarrassing game to be amazing at. It just.. doesn't seem all that great. But hey, that's just what I thought of it. It was definitely pretty fun just playing casually but... the fact that it's such a goofy, absurd SOMETHING that can only be roughly equated to the sport it attempts to emulate... I just can't really take it too seriously.
...And Melee was a game where an italian plumber could jump around fighting a pokemon as Pak E. Derm waddled by in the background, and yet it was one of the deepest fighting games every created.

Just sayin'.

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Seriously, as with any other games, people shouldn't bash MSC if they didn't play it on a competitive level. There is a surprising amount of depth, but from my experience I can't say it compares to Melee. I was among the best European players back then, but I quit the game when I lost interest as I felt it was still way too dependant on luck. To be fair, a lot of new tricks have been discovered so even that could have changed now. MSC was a greatgame, yeah, but it didn't appeal to me as much as Melee and there wasn't as much to it either.

stelzig

Smash Lord
I said this many time on the msc boards: Any experienced competitive gamer would get to or at least near top level in msc in a week. It's not even close to be at the same competitive level as smash or at least not melee which people are constantly improving in. The one and only thing i can see msc have over smash is it's item system which actually contributes to the competition.

(I was one of the top players in PAL)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Personally, I would much rather pursue a self-created playing style than the same one as anyone here. Copying others does not it in my profile. Don't believe in me, it is way too early for me to care.
Congrats, this proves that you are a scrub. You choose not to use everything available by people here simply cause you want a "unique" style that isn't shared by anyone else. Hate to break it to you, but "unique" doesn't make you better, and your small group couldn't possibly discover stuff at the rate of this entire community. You also fail to realize that just because we all use the same techniques that there is still an amazing diversity in play styles. Just cause I use the same techs as *insert smasher here* it doesn't make me a carbon copy of em. It's dumb to assume so.
Your disbelief is expected. I've been through this process several times, and as history shows, I am very good at finding new ways to be successful in professional gaming.
This is just arrogance. You think your techs are sooo high up that even though they have been refuted like crazy, you still think you are hot stuff. Big whoop if you figured stuff out in another game, that doesn't give you a ticket to being respected in other communities. ESPECIALLY not with your attitude. Besides, there is one thing that all these people striving to discover things don't understand. Let me type it out in bold, as everyone needs to realize this.

Nobody remembers the discoverer, they only remember the guy who is the first to apply it successfully.

Just cause you happen on something, it doesn't make you a good player and everyone good knows it. We still aren't sure who discovered wavedashing. It is pretty much an obscure Luigi player is all I know. Yet we all remember Azen, Ken, Chillen, Wes, and the other smashers that first used wavedashing extensively.

Get over yourself.

DKpunch!

Smash Cadet
This was an interesting thread to read. And yes, I read it all. I'd like to throw in a helpful story for ZZZ, about my personal experiences with Smash. I believe my experiences with the Smash series is something everyone could learn from:

I played the game when it first came out for the 64. I wasn't very competitive, however it quickly became tradition for my friends and I to play the game on my birthday every year (we still hold this tradition.) As a group of nerds/gamers, we became very good.

When Melee was released, my friends and I became absorbed into the game. About two years went by of us playing "casually." I put "casually" in quotes, because frankly, after two years of playing the game practically religiously, I would never have suspected that I was a mere "casual gamer" compared to others. Anyway, I thought I was pretty **** good. I could rip my friends apart, and nearly everywhere I went I could destroy people.

A few years later, I went to my University (transferred over as a Junior.) There was a big group of people who played Melee, so naturally I was psyched to play them. Man, I got CRUSHED. Two of them visit the smash boards regularly, and the others have been playing with these guys for so long, they knew all the techs that I didn't.

So, I began doing research. I studied the forums almost religiously, learning all of the techs, starting with wavedashing and moving up to different ways to recover, ways to edgehog, etc. I read up on every single character, figuring out how to use them, their weaknesses, etc. It seriously upped my Peach and DK game.

Eventually, it got to the point where I was a serious contender with my Peach. DK was how I got my tag name (BOWM; for Brawl, it's BOWM!) Even the best players at the University, who play competitively at tournaments, would usually only 1-stock me with their mains. I was pretty confident. So, my friends and I decided to hit the road and visit a tournament.

This tournament did not have any big named pro's, but I recognized some of the player tags from the Smashboards. I was of course eager to play them.

I was 3-4 stocked nearly every match. I wasn't a challenge to these guys.

The bad thing is, I knew that those guys I lost to would get their ***** reamed by the professionals... Eggz, Gimpyfish, Ken... the question is, why?

It's all in the meta-gaming, and the mind games. You need to know your character perfectly, as well as your opponent's character. Not only that, but you need to be able to read your opponent's strategy quickly, or else you're toast. These things do not come within a month of playing. I played for a year RELIGIOUSLY, and couldn't stand up to basic Smashboard players.

Now, I'm sure you're thinking, "This is Brawl, not Melee." True, they are a different game... but frankly, it doesn't matter as much as you'd think. My friend was able to get hold of Ken's Brawl code (if you don't know the name, just know that he's a pro Marth player in Melee.) We all played him in 3 stock matches... he 2-3 stocked ALL of us online, every single time. Once again, we were practically nothing!

You might argue, but he's a pro, he's had the game since the Japanese release!

...so have we. In fact, I'm fairly certain that our copy of Brawl hasn't stopped playing over at my friend's house. We've had to shut down the Wii (which is modded for Japanese games) in order to stop it from overheating many times. We were determined to get a head-start in the Brawl meta-game. I personally have made some very important discoveries for King Dedede, as well as DK. I've put in my two cents for lots of characters, and usually I get a good response. I'm one of the best Brawlers in my group, yet I don't seem to stand a chance against a Melee pro.

Long story short, ZZZ, you won't have this game down to the wire in a month. In fact, you won't have it down in a year. Granted, this game is MUCH easier to pick up and play over Melee. At the moment, there are far less advanced techniques in Brawl. A lot of the old AT's in Melee have been either removed or auto-added (L-canceling, for instance,) for the gamer's pleasure. But developing mind-games takes longer than you can possibly comprehend.

I have played Mario Strikers: Charged. I played online a bit. I'm sorry, but it's not NEARLY as competitive as the Smash series.

People are mad at you because you didn't do what I did. I didn't waltz into Smashboards and name off a few really cool techs I could do, then assume that it had never been done before (or assume that it was useful.) I spent a LOT of time browsing; check out my "joined" date, and then look at my posting #. I've been around for quite some time, yet I didn't start posting until recently.

Just so you know, it was because of my respectful and humble nature that didn't get me flamed when I tried to claim the DDD crouch as my own taunt. I was the first DDD player on the net to post it as a taunt (it's right at the beginning of my King Dedede tutorial video,) and I claimed it, however I was politely told, "hehe, good try BOWM, no." It's because I have a name here amongst some of the smashers, yet barely any posts.

This kind of attitude applies to nearly all forums for any game. Acceptance is key to forum browsing and posting, especially in these kinds of forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom