• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Move: Z-Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
Please stop being so defensive. Grow up a little and allow your theory to be debunked. You've used different means to come to the EXACT. SAME. END. In that, there is really no difference between "your technique" and the commonly understood technique of both Melee and Brawl concerning ground floating.
I believe he still thinks he's not floating, because he's canceling the float immediately, and because the float animation exists for only a frame or two in this mangled version of autofloating.

notbob

Smash Rookie
Guys, I have a series of new techs.

First, from the character select screen, choose Ganondorph. (Win-Cancel)

Second, back throw your opponent over the edge. (Bob-tossing)

Third, short hop over him and down air, while screaming "GET DOWN THERE." (Friend-Cancel)

I don't own a Gamecube or Wii, I just play at my friends. Show my 1 post count some respect.

notbob

Smash Rookie
Laugh now, but wait til I rise to the Brawl elite using these tactics.

FACT: I have confirmed that not only is it impossible up-B out of the Friend-Cancel, but you are never actually able to up-B again.

Believe me. I am a top-level pro in Strikers and Medal of Honor, which maybe 1000 people play...combined. Ignore the fact that there are not only smash pros here, but probably Halo, Counterstrike, Street Fighter, and other games that have millions of players as well.

I can't even beat my small group of friends with these tactics...YET! In fact I'm the worst out of 60, but just wait, you'll see.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
i invented the tactic in halo called "head-shotting".

it's where you shoot the guy in the head, and it kills him faster than normal.

it's not in the game manual, so it must be a glitch or something.

wT for life!

full_95

Smash Journeyman
wow, i need to chime in on this. i love how completely destroyed the op got. tough one dude, maybe you shouldnt have been such a d-bag. and no fair flip, i came up with "headshotting".

notbob

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I've heard of the Flipshot.

You shoot your bullets at the area between their neck and the air above them. Really helped my Halo game.

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
wtf is with all the flame, he tried some new things, and even if it was only decent theres no reason to ***** about it, he's discovering weird stuff. I think it was cool.

Ino1Fan

Smash Rookie
It's not cool when it's coming from somebody like Zzz. He made a video of him just opening Brawl's packaging saying that he's possibly the best wii gamer in NA and then started talking about his "marvelous" hands for like 2 minutes.

Taymond

Smash Journeyman
wtf is with all the flame, he tried some new things, and even if it was only decent theres no reason to ***** about it, he's discovering weird stuff. I think it was cool.
The "flaming" is in response to inappropriate and arrogant responses from him, to our critiques. He flat out denied that his "tech" was just a shortsighted, singular application of autofloating, despite repeatedly being informed, mostly politely, that he was incorrect. His ridiculous attitude provoked any hatred you might feel.

Were it not for his readiness to condemn the very community he attempted to appease when they did not instantly praise his non-discovery, this whole thing would've went as smoothly as any other mistaken new AT.

Wuzzy

Smash Cadet
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KnTqG8W65MM

"...that these hands will in fact.. invent competitive brawl gameplay."

I know I'm beating a dead horse here but wow I really am speechless if he thinks that way. I can't even flame him, I think he made himself look stupid enough that its not necessary.

stelzig

Smash Lord
this will give you an idea of how stupid is he when it comes to "tactics"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=puJQSBgOnoQ&feature=related

check how he names something that is 100% situational. imagine if in ssbm you named every situational thing that could happen in a falco vs marth on fd game, and then called it a certain "style" based on how you reacted.

STUPID.
You're going a little overboard here i think. First of all you cannot really compare the 2 games that way. Second of all the dachau dance is actually a quite smart move and mindgame which you would think a smash player would understand. If you really wanna compare it to a smash term then using the ken combo would be a better example since they are both a certain move combination. Is the ken combo stupid?
That said it's odd that he tries to take credit for it since, as i said earlier, it's pretty obvious and i personally discovered it first day i played the game (this was later than his video since he made it before PAL release, but i doubt no one else had figured)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
What a huge waste of my life. Not only is this useless but you tried to name it after yourself. Epic failure.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
too much flaming... I actually am trying it out instead of just randomly spewing back some random crap like wat he found is an abomination.

Even If it's not legit, it still brings about some ideas.
Uh, read the thread: I'm "flaming" him drastically less than most.

I'm suggesting he REMOVE all the heat he's getting by simply posting an additional video of Peach using this technique to dodge attacks from enemies.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
You're going a little overboard here i think. First of all you cannot really compare the 2 games that way. Second of all the dachau dance is actually a quite smart move and mindgame which you would think a smash player would understand. If you really wanna compare it to a smash term then using the ken combo would be a better example since they are both a certain move combination. Is the ken combo stupid?
That said it's odd that he tries to take credit for it since, as i said earlier, it's pretty obvious and i personally discovered it first day i played the game (this was later than his video since he made it before PAL release, but i doubt no one else had figured)
i get what you're saying, but i think that it's WAY too situational to be given a name. especially since i'm sure it was named after someone.

maybe the kicking of the grenade could be named instead.

but the fact that you're "dancing" around the grenade and watching their movement and reacting a certain way makes it not really a "technique" anymore, since you're not really DOING anything different, except using the grenade kicking technique well. i would understand dachau KICK, but not dachau DANCE.

like imagine if using the wavedash well was called the "ken walk" or something. doing the wavedash is one thing, but doing it well, and within a situation doesn't make it something different.

make any sense?

stelzig

Smash Lord
As you see in the vid he also does the general kick a few times. The dachau dance is just a fancy name as i see it. The idea of the trick is of course only the kicking. Seeing as it is Zzz who thinks even minor variations of already made ideas and theories are new techniques you might be right though >_>

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
As you see in the vid he also does the general kick a few times. The dachau dance is just a fancy name as i see it. The idea of the trick is of course only the kicking. Seeing as it is Zzz who thinks even minor variations of already made ideas and theories are new techniques you might be right though >_>
based on our experience with him, i think it's safe to say that the "dance" is the whole situational idea of kicking the grenade. haha. not the actual kicking.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
p.s. gimyfish and hugS, etc said on a webcast smashboards was a kind community, welcome to new players. they said the smash community was different than other gaming communities. from what i am seeing, its no different
Sorry if this has been said in the last 10+ pages but, the kind community they were talking about was your regional, if you go to a tourney or smashfest, your gonna meet some awesome people.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i wnana go to a smashfest lmao. oh and wtzz search a little. and people dont usually like it when u name things after yourself as conceited as you may be

Crappular

Smash Rookie
Guys, I just discovered this neat trick. If you tap your movement stick away from you, your character will propel his/herself into the air, above the ground, in a sort of "jump-like" maneuver. This technique will henceforth be called "Crappularing." Mad props prz.

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
The Dachau Dance describes a general play style. Do you even play MOHH2? I doubt it.

The Dachau Dance was a major development in MOHH2 gameplay. It gives players the ability to force an opponent in a certain direction, and make them focus on defense rather than offense. It allows you to use two weapons at once.

No one was doing this, and now everyone is doing it.

Sure it is situational, but so is every move in Smash. You use the technique at the proper times.

I don't really understand your argument against the Dachau.

It was named after the concentration camp, Dachau. MOHH2 is a World War 2 game, so I thought it was fitting, especially since it works better with Axis grenades.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Umm, this thread died almost five months ago. If you have no new findings to present, don't just try to pick up the argument again. Let it rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom