• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Move: Z-Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
Hello, this is wtZzz of the Wii Troopers (wtclan.com)

Here is a video I made with 3 techniques I use in Brawl.

The third technique is something I named the Z-Walk because I am self-centered. I am confident that this is not float cancelling, and if you disagree please provide the exact reason why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aolmkAwc-k8

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
Major Use #1: You can avoid tripping
Major Use #2: You can Z-Walk straight into moves, VERY fast, just like wavedashing
Major Use #3: Spacing

SBjunkie

Smash Rookie
Nice

i wonder if you can use this to get close to pit and dodge all his spammed arrows?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
This was possible in melee, and is by no means an advanced technique imo.

Edit: No offense to you, since you state that you didn't play Melee, but you don't seem to know what float canceling is. Float canceling is performing an aerial while in a float to completely eliminate all lag from the attack upon landing (that's a very rudimentary explanation but is the basic idea behind it). This is just canceling the floating animation itself, which is not the same as float canceling.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
isn't this just holding down, jumping into auto float, then moving a bit forward and letting go? this is very common knowledge and nothing special or usefull. and Z-Walking is dumb, since you're not even walking, let alone using the Z button, and yes I know it's your dumb egocentric naming, but still...

Woodman

Smash Rookie
Wow do you think I could z cancel into a z walk? Maybe if I linked them with a z dodge or did a forward z smash? I dunno I'm just throwing it out there.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Sorry but your attempt at making something useful.....isn't so useful. And naming things after yourself fails.

+_+

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Erm... First, you didn't explain what you were doing. Also, you didn't mention if this was possible with anyone besides Peach. So far, I can only assume that you initiated a ground-float and cancelled it again. If that is true, then this is certainly not floatcancelling, but floatcancelling minus the aerial >___>

OoNoiRoO

Smash Journeyman
You're right, it's not float canceling. It's just floating and dropping...

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
yes, thank you for your support

It does turn out Peach is more dangerous than what we had originally thought. All those moves and combos you are speaking about is incorrect . You will see in my video, i never go through with a single jump. its a half jump, drop. Go gompare her normal short hop, then go try my trick. Im sure you see diffierences.

I will post an updated video soon (maybe today) that shows what you can do with it.

And if you don't see a purpose for it, I question if you have even bought this game yet???

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Do this with other characters, and I'll be impressed.

Although calling it the Z-walk is stupid, and people who call it the Z-walk should be punched.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ironic?

This was possible in melee, and is by no means an advanced technique imo.

Edit: No offense to you, since you state that you didn't play Melee, but you don't seem to know what float canceling is. Float canceling is performing an aerial while in a float to completely eliminate all lag from the attack upon landing (that's a very rudimentary explanation but is the basic idea behind it). This is just canceling the floating animation itself, which is not the same as float canceling.
This really isn't about your post...I just find it ironic that you use Crea and mine is Creo. I HAD to point this out.

Related topic: I just don't get this. This isn't really TOO helpful to make every game in your favor...and yes, I own and played the game..and fairly well.

Niko_K

Smash Master
yes, thank you for your support

It does turn out Peach is more dangerous than what we had originally thought. All those moves and combos you are speaking about is incorrect . You will see in my video, i never go through with a single jump. its a half jump, drop. Go gompare her normal short hop, then go try my trick. Im sure you see diffierences.

I will post an updated video soon (maybe today) that shows what you can do with it.

And if you don't see a purpose for it, I question if you have even bought this game yet???
I really hope your joking. All this is doing for peach is cancelling her floating animation. USELESS. This isn't even YOUR trick, its a simple game mechanic which is no harder to use then air jumping(LOL). I've had the game since the japanese release so I'm pretty confident in my playing.

Stop craving internet fame.

usea

Smash Ace
You've disgraced the name of wtclan with this awful thread. I wager your whole purpose was to promote this clan, but you've failed miserably. Congratulations.

Fliperotchy

Smash Journeyman
no.

if you could somehow use that to your advantage then it might be ok. but it would be like SHDB with fox and doing a JC shine in between each one. the technical skill involved is a waste of time, and so is the technique.

stop being bad.

orintemple

Smash Lord
No it is bad, cause you can just run up to the guy and grab him or throw projectiles at him. If this was a safe way to approach it would be useful but it isn't. This is just random, hey look at this silly thing I can do with no purpose. People have been doing this since Melee but with attacks. If you can't attack out of it whats the point. You can't approach someone completely defensively, whats the point in that. You might as well just let them come to you.

jayrocs

Smash Cadet
I think it's funny how heartless some people are. After watching the youtube, it kind of felt like you are really trying to get good at the game, and help the community out so I do commend you on that. But, from an experienced smasher's standpoint, I've been playing smash for 3 years and I see no use in this what so ever. Sorry to say but, you should really stop doing this as anyone good will catch on after the 4-5th time you do it and punish you hard. Maybe, it is useful don't let me bring you down, I'm a melee player at heart, so because of brawl's changes and introduction of about 1 million noobs we can play online, this technique may work but not on anyone good. You can dash and shield, and pretty much get the same effect you got close, you shielded, and you can shield drop into an attack or shield grab. Maybe you can empty shorthop into a air dodge and shield grab, but even then that isn't exactly an advanced technique, and certainly doesn't require a name. It is what it is, an air-dodge to shield grab. Like your technique is an airdodge into a shield. Don't feel to bad about some of the other people's comments, with the influx of new players flooding the threads the vets on here aren't too keen with the idea of noobs "creating" techniques. Good luck with the game.

Mama

Smash Ace
http://wtclan.com/MyBB/showthread.php?tid=2085

...............................................................................................................................................................LOL

Well honestly you went about this totally wrong. You thought you discovered something new or great and then you got cocky and decided you wanted to call it the Z walk because you're selfish? Thats just asking for it lol. First of all nothing you spoke of is anything new. If you've been paying attention to Smashboards AS WELL AS keeping things quiet with your little crew then you would have known about a lot of things beforehand and not thought you were the sole discoverer. Also, you may not think you're using Peach's float but you are. You're just canceling out the animation. Thats not new since it was in Melee but if you really never played Melee then I'll look the other way on that one.

I'll give you points for trying....but try not to be such an idiot next time. If you really want to do something great, go to a tournament and get noticed doing unorthodox things. Who knows, some fresh Brawl minds un touched by Melee may be exactly what we need to evolve the meta game. One thing we don't need is some douche bag running around naming crap stupidly after himself because he thinks he made a ground breaking discovery.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Flash dodging and Swiveling, those sound like juicy names. The wavedash really impacted the way Melee was played, I can't wait to see how these will impact brawl.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
http://wtclan.com/MyBB/showthread.php?tid=2085

...............................................................................................................................................................LOL

Well honestly you went about this totally wrong. You thought you discovered something new or great and then you got cocky and decided you wanted to call it the Z walk because you're selfish? Thats just asking for it lol. First of all nothing you spoke of is anything new. If you've been paying attention to Smashboards AS WELL AS keeping things quiet with your little crew then you would have known about a lot of things beforehand and not thought you were the sole discoverer. Also, you may not think you're using Peach's float but you are. You're just canceling out the animation. Thats not new since it was in Melee but if you really never played Melee then I'll look the other way on that one.

I'll give you points for trying....but try not to be such an idiot next time. If you really want to do something great, go to a tournament and get noticed doing unorthodox things. Who knows, some fresh Brawl minds un touched by Melee may be exactly what we need to evolve the meta game. One thing we don't need is some douche bag running around naming crap stupidly after himself because he thinks he made a ground breaking discovery.
I was going to say you were being mean, but this is entirely accurate >_>

Honestly, there's nothing like arrogance.

Finch

Smash Lord
Why would you even think this is useful? This is just asking to get hit, and looking like a ****** in the process.

arrex

Smash Cadet
can you get a vid of the controller while you are doing it lol?
i think that would help a little for some people.
like me (sorta) =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom