• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMOFO

Smash Cadet
I'm starting to think Solbliminal might just be God.And as to what Shin F. said (I apologize for not quoting but I'm lazy and short on time), it would be very cool to have all 3 Mother protagonists on one game. Masked Man or Ninten would both be great. I really just want Pokey Minch with an Earthbound reflective move set. Every single button causes him to play dead. As for his Final Smash, he does an ultimate Play Dead that removes a stock because its so convincing that even the game thinks he's dead. This is every smasher's dream. Thanks to Solbliminal for all the work! Holy cow!

Shin F.

Smash Master
Besides, anyone who doubts the damage a big ****ing wrench can do clearly hasn't played Dark Cloud 2, where it's the main character's main weapon and typically deals more damage (in my experience) than the other main characters' sword.
Look at that thing. Bigger than his freaking forearm. How hilarious would it be to beat Ganondorf or Tabuu down with that thing or something like it?

Last edited:

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
I thought Sami was traditionally shown with an assault rifle?
From what I remember, Sami has been shown with a MP5, a standard AR...and an RPG.
She is also the best CO for using Mech units (who are also RPG users).
So yes, technically Sami is better suited for explosives.

I'd still rather have Andy, personally.
The Ratchet and Clank fan in me (and the Advance Wars fan in me) would be pleased.

Last edited:

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
I think people are leaning more towards Sami because previously in this thread someone posted what I think was a leak someone previously on the PM team had released, and it was a fully rendered body for Sami, which led to every to jump on the Advanced Wars bandwagon. Personally I'm all four giving a game with no previously representation a slot in the roster!

As for the current Andy/Sami debate, I do think both are perfectly viable, although isn't Andy more a heal guy/repair guy? Anyway, I think Sami might have an edge in the fact that she is a female character, I think everyone would be fore at least one of the new character slots being given to a female. Heck, I think if any one of the female Golden Sun characters had made it in any way, shape, or form into Brawl they'd have been suggested just as much if not moreso than Issac. Now don't get me wrong, Isaac is awesome and it's rare you get a protagonist who specializes in Earth/Plantlife, but still, people want another girl in the mix.

Also the whole Pichu debate, again we already have seven Pokemon in the game already, we don't really need another one.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I think people are leaning more towards Sami because previously in this thread someone posted what I think was a leak someone previously on the PM team had released, and it was a fully rendered body for Sami, which led to every to jump on the Advanced Wars bandwagon. Personally I'm all four giving a game with no previously representation a slot in the roster!

As for the current Andy/Sami debate, I do think both are perfectly viable, although isn't Andy more a heal guy/repair guy? Anyway, I think Sami might have an edge in the fact that she is a female character, I think everyone would be fore at least one of the new character slots being given to a female. Heck, I think if any one of the female Golden Sun characters had made it in any way, shape, or form into Brawl they'd have been suggested just as much if not moreso than Issac. Now don't get me wrong, Isaac is awesome and it's rare you get a protagonist who specializes in Earth/Plantlife, but still, people want another girl in the mix.

Also the whole Pichu debate, again we already have seven Pokemon in the game already, we don't really need another one.
Favoring girls just because they're girls is kind of sexist, though, isn't it? Lol :p

If Sami were the main character, I would prefer her, but Andy just seems like a more central character since he was in more games (I think). Anyways, Ness and Lucas were both heal/repair guys as well, they just borrowed from their team mates for their attack specials.

The reason people leaned toward Sami was because someone very early on (first few pages) said she had more moveset potential because Andy was an infantry/healer one, I think. But, of course, Andy can borrow anything from her just like Ness and Lucas...

Don't get me wrong, I'd like more girls as well, but it's really not about that. It's about having the main, most iconic characters of the series. You don't pick Peach and Rosalina before Mario or Zelda before Link.

You do, however, pick Samus before Ridley.
But Shin...
RAY HAS ALL THE WEAPONS. ALL OF THEM!

TFS joke for those who don't get it.

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I just wanted to say that I would main Sukapon immediately if he was in PM.

PMBR PLZ ;_;

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Where can I find these great Icons Solbliminal has created?
And If one doesn't exist, would said user be gracious enough to make one for Toad?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Might save some trouble for you in the future if you put it in your signature so it can easily be found by people looking for them.
Was already doing that after I made that comment. And sorry for the late responses guys. I was so tired from a night full of making these things.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
So, I have a theory, I definitely fully believe PM will release an original character, however they are going to be very careful with how they release it, as to not to rope themselves into doing more work than they will eventually want to to finish the project. I can see them having short-term plans to release probably one ... maybe two, but I think they will start with probably just one, and see how it works and how the fanbase accepts it, not to mention if the addition of an original character will draw any ire from Nintendo. If successful, I could most certainly see PM maybe eventually filling up all 5 remaining slots, despite saying specifically they have no intention of doing so. I just think that they are putting out there that they are making no promises to us in case if they do release an OC and it tanks, they aren't going to feel obligated to do more, despite no one using what they've poured so much hard work into.

Also, I highly doubt they will actually add Pichu come to think of it. PM was made moreso for tournament and competitive play, it seems, and Pichu is just bottom of the barrel as far as tiers come. You'd have to honestly do a lot to Pichu to equalize him to everyone else, and if you do that, why even bother calling it Melee Pichu, cause you're no longer playing the same character. But that is just my opinion, PM has never gone officially on record saying Pichu will never happen, so who knows?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
So, I have a theory, I definitely fully believe PM will release an original character, however they are going to be very careful with how they release it, as to not to rope themselves into doing more work than they will eventually want to to finish the project. I can see them having short-term plans to release probably one ... maybe two, but I think they will start with probably just one, and see how it works and how the fanbase accepts it, not to mention if the addition of an original character will draw any ire from Nintendo. If successful, I could most certainly see PM maybe eventually filling up all 5 remaining slots, despite saying specifically they have no intention of doing so. I just think that they are putting out there that they are making no promises to us in case if they do release an OC and it tanks, they aren't going to feel obligated to do more, despite no one using what they've poured so much hard work into.

Also, I highly doubt they will actually add Pichu come to think of it. PM was made moreso for tournament and competitive play, it seems, and Pichu is just bottom of the barrel as far as tiers come. You'd have to honestly do a lot to Pichu to equalize him to everyone else, and if you do that, why even bother calling it Melee Pichu, cause you're no longer playing the same character. But that is just my opinion, PM has never gone officially on record saying Pichu will never happen, so who knows?
Gonna comment on this.

Original characters, while I'm in support of them may not receive favorable reactions.
If anything they would look at a nintendo character that they can apply their original moveset to and add that character to the game.

Now as for your Pichu statement.
They have no problem with changing characters completely, or just buffing them up exceptionally.

Lucario was completely overhauled so they could do that with Pichu as well.

Or they could take the buff central route like they did with Kirby in order to make a much more powerful Pichu. Fits even better because kirby was only right ahead of Pichu and even had an unfavorable match-up against pichu.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
Gonna comment on this.

Original characters, while I'm in support of them may not receive favorable reactions.
If anything they would look at a nintendo character that they can apply their original moveset to and add that character to the game.

They have no problem with changing characters completely, or just buffing them up exceptionally.

Or they could take the buff central route like they did with Kirby in order to make a much more powerful Pichu. Fits even better because kirby was only right ahead of Pichu and even had an unfavorable match-up against pichu.
Oops, by Original Character I meant Nintendo character from scratch that had no previous SSB representation to base off of, like Isaac or Ray.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
So yeah, with the Upcoming Smash Direct on Tuesday and the rule involving newcomers and the clone engine, as a fun lil' inverse to most wanted who would be a character you would NOT want in Smash 4 due to effecting their chances here?

Granted, the choices voted are kinda shots in the dark, but then again except for Mac and maybe Mega Man every newcomer revealed has been a character either very few saw coming(Rosie, Villager) or NO ONE saw coming(WFT), so you never know....

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
So yeah, with the Upcoming Smash Direct on Tuesday and the rule involving newcomers and the clone engine, as a fun lil' inverse to most wanted who would be a character you would NOT want in Smash 4 due to effecting their chances here?

Granted, the choices voted are kinda shots in the dark, but then again except for Mac and maybe Mega Man every newcomer revealed has been a character either very few saw coming(Rosie, Villager) or NO ONE saw coming(WFT), so you never know....
I feel like a lot of people expected Villager while only a few expected Megaman. A lot of people wanted him, yes, but he wasn't expected as much as he was wanted.
The only newcomer I expect is Chrom. Aside from that I'm not really sure who Sakurai will take. Hopefully not Isaac.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
It'd be pretty funny if we got a highly requested Clone Engine character revealed for Smash 4 on Tuesday.

Still, if Ridley isn't playable in Smash 4, he should definitely be the first pick for the Clone Engine.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
It'd be pretty funny if we got a highly requested Clone Engine character revealed for Smash 4 on Tuesday.

Still, if Ridley isn't playable in Smash 4, he should definitely be the first pick for the Clone Engine.
Inb4BravelyDefaultcharacterforsmash4.

I would NOT EVEN BE MAD.

But Issac needs that spot.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I'd be okay with bravely default characters, but tbh, other than Ringabell, they are so bland or just awful. Like Edea is Literally
okay with killing her ENTIRE group of friends and family, as well as endanger her own mother, just because she has no room in her little head for a grey zone between right and wrong. In fact you have the option to kill all of her allies multiple times and she is okay with it? like ffs edea >.>

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
Gonna comment on this.

That and Pichu brings a lot to the table to fill a niche that nobody else would really be able to do better. With the entire cast of every smash game back and more balanced than ever, you don't really have a "humiliation" character that can troll the competition. Everybody's already too legit. The game could use just one "Dan Hibiki" kinda character to bring back the humilation and fun of embarrassing your friends with a handicap. The kind of character M2K can cheese with in pools.

Well, maybe more of a SFIV Dan, who is clearly the joke character but still deadly in the right hands-- not to mention the untapped potential in terms of Pichu's glass-cannon attributes. (e.g. the discharge special I suggested awhile back, as well as numerous other suggestions that have been added.) Half the fun of P:M has been seeing all of the cool and innovative ways they've been able to revamp characters who were straight up garbage in previous entries.

On top of that, especially with the return of nearly EVERYONE to ever be playable across all three games up to this point, Pichu's the only one with no real representation. Let's face it-- if this were any of our mains, we'd feel left out and want them back too no matter how bad he/she was in the previous game.

As long as Yoshi, Ness, Captain Falcon, Game and Watch , Wario, and Pac-man make SSB4, I don't really care who else makes the cut. It would be great to see Mewtwo return as well.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'd be okay with bravely default characters, but tbh, other than Ringabell, they are so bland or just awful. Like Edea is Literally
okay with killing her ENTIRE group of friends and family, as well as endanger her own mother, just because she has no room in her little head for a grey zone between right and wrong. In fact you have the option to kill all of her allies multiple times and she is okay with it? like ffs edea >.>
Edea is my favorite character.
Well so is Ringabel.

Agnes is good, but Tiz is just a bit meh.

Edea has a strong sense of justice just like her father, BUT at least she is willing to talk about it unlike EVERYONE ELSE.

If you haven't played Bravely default. DONT OPEN IT.
They also already said that Edea's mother should be fine even if the crystal was unlocked. Also there's a reason those are sidequests. You don't HAVE to kill them each time but it gives more perspective. However, in Chapter 7 and 8 you don't kill any of them because they end up being much more reasonable in each of those. Mostly in 8 though.

Everyone on the other side pretty much said. UNLOCKING THE CRYSTALS IS BAD. DON'T DO IT.
Why?
BECAUSE REASONS.

Edea explained her reasons since she was pointing out all the anarchy the Duchy was spreading along with talking about how they saw real results for what they did. Purified the water, returned the wind. Stabilized volcanos and the last one did something untold.

Literally all of this could of been avoided if any of the notable people that mean something to Edea simply explained what was going on. But nope.
They all did essentially the same thing since only Braev and Alternis REALLY knew what was going on.

AND SHAME ON THOSE TWO FOR NOT SAYING ANYTHING EITHER.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Inb4BravelyDefaultcharacterforsmash4.

I would NOT EVEN BE MAD.

But Issac needs that spot.
Yeah ik Isaac does too but whateves, he's a lock in P:M anyway. Might wanna wait till Smash 4 comes out, then we should consider Isaac/Ridley for P:M.

They aren't unlikely for Smash 4.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Edea is my favorite character.
Well so is Ringabel.

Agnes is good, but Tiz is just a bit meh.

Edea has a strong sense of justice just like her father, BUT at least she is willing to talk about it unlike EVERYONE ELSE.

They also already said that Edea's mother should be fine even if the crystal was unlocked. Also there's a reason those are sidequests. You don't HAVE to kill them each time but it gives more perspective. However, in Chapter 7 and 8 you don't kill any of them because they end up being much more reasonable in each of those. Mostly in 8 though.

Everyone on the other side pretty much said. UNLOCKING THE CRYSTALS IS BAD. DON'T DO IT.
Why?
BECAUSE REASONS.

Edea explained her reasons since she was pointing out all the anarchy the Duchy was spreading along with talking about how they saw real results for what they did. Purified the water, returned the wind. Stabilized volcanos and the last one did something untold.

Literally all of this could of been avoided if any of the notable people that mean something to Edea simply explained what was going on. But nope.
They all did essentially the same thing since only Braev and Alternis REALLY knew what was going on.

AND SHAME ON THOSE TWO FOR NOT SAYING ANYTHING EITHER.
@ Soft Serve Soft Serve

TO GO EVEN FURTHER

Once again, Big ole spoilers.
For people who REALLY cared about her, don't you think they would of WANTED to talk to her?

Only Kamiizumi really said anything noteworthy and it was still so vague that it didn't really even make any sense.

It wouldn't of been so hard to convince them of anything. Literally go to each place, helping out each nation by doing good things instead of working people into the ground (Ancheim), poisoning the populace (Florem) and starting a civil war along with use of weapons of mass destruction (Hartschild)

To top it all off, you've got a psychopath (Victoria) who is pretty much willing to kill people just for no reason on your main force.
You've got a swindler swindling everyone out of their money and gave them a false king (Profetuir) and (Time mage)

You assign edea who has a sense of justice and righteousness to a man who will burn down cities and expect her to just GO WITH THAT?
Did you REALLY know your daughter?

God damnit Braev. You pretty much did the exact same thing. EVERYTHING IS NOT BLACK AND WHITE. SO FOLLOW MY PATH ONLY. HASDHBAJDSBNJSDBHASDBA

Literally a big old misunderstanding, but it goes with the theme of the game. If everyone was reasonable in life, there would be no problems and we wouldn't of had this game. Their personal credo's is what essentially made this game.

Do you really think it would be so hard to convince the wind vestal either?

EXTREMELY BIG SPOILER.
Braev apparently knew about Airy as well so he could of EASILY proven that just by attacking airy (which would cause her to transform.

If airy didn't transform and actually die, it wouldn't matter if the crystals were released because the holy light couldn't be absorbed by Airy.

Crystals are unlocked, world is saved and you can still promote anti-crystalism or crystalism.

EVERYONE WINS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom