• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Characters for Project M Discussion Thread (Voting Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
All of the Sonics
Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman, Amy, Blaze, Vector, and Espio.
Plz based Solbliminal.
Seriously tho if you only did one of these I'd love you forever if I didn't already

This is turning into the Sol's Icons Thredd

Kneato

Totoro Joe
Just wanted to say thanks to Solbliminal for the awesome icons and Shin F. because I kinda stole your sig format...

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
All of the Sonics
Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman, Amy, Blaze, Vector, and Espio.
Plz based Solbliminal.
Seriously tho if you only did one of these I'd love you forever if I didn't already

This is turning into the Sol's Icons Thredd
Well I wouldn't mind do any of those characters, if not all of them. Lol.

But if this is becoming more about the icons than the discussion thread, I can try to make a separate thread for my icons and other stuff. Though you guys would have to tell me if General Discussion is the place to start such a thread.

Last edited:

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
Yay! Now I can profess my support for incredibly unlikely and unpopular characters.

(And Ray.)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Just wanted to say thanks to Solbliminal for the awesome icons and Shin F. because I kinda stole your sig format...
I just realized you edited my Lyn icon. Haha. I knew Sami and Lyn were a bit off. Fixing those right now.

And no problem. If anyone wants a character, feel free to ask. Just stay within' the PMBR character regulations. These are P:M icons. Not Smash 4 icons.

Darkmask

Smash Journeyman
So hey, what is the deal with Sami anyway? She's from some old GBA game called Advanced Wars that I never played, what does she do, how would she fight?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Sami is an artillery fighter, so she would be something like Snake.

*Cool Blue is a Ninja*

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
Sami is a Commanding Officer in Advance Wars - while storywise, she's trained with "special forces", she doesn't actually fight on her own in the games, instead commanding various armies.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
I guess I'll give my thoughts on Pichu because I'm bored.

I'd be somewhat okay with Pichu coming back but obviously he needs to be reworked fairly substantially. Due to his super low weight, I don't think he can be anything other than a glass cannon, he's fast and hits hard but can't take a hit to save his life. Also, obviously the self-damage mechanic remains but it needs to be reworked to make him not useless.

The way I see the self-damage working is like Solarbeam but in reverse. As Pichu hurts himself, he also builds up a powerful one-time use special attack. As a million other people have suggested, this should probably be Discharge, since he's releasing the static electricity he's built up. The way I'd see this working is that it creates a radial shockwave around Pichu. If he has not hurt himself, it does minimal damage, has virtually no range, and little knockback. However, if you have hurt yourself for say, 30%, it creates a massive burst around Pichu that has high knockback, probably KOing around 80% (of course, with lesser damage it's somewhere between those two extremes). Unlike Ivysaur, if Pichu dies, you lose the charge, so there's a risk / reward to charging it up too much.

I would probably map this attack to Neutral B. This means that something has to happen to his existing moves, probably the elimination of Skull Bash and the moving of his projectile to Forward B. I also might change up his projectile a little, though I'm not exactly sure how.

I would also adjust Agility. It would still not do any damage, but it no longer leaves Pichu helpless, complimenting his status as a hyper-offensive character. Of course, you can only use it once per jump, and no Agility Cancel for Pichu.

As for Thunder, I might consider giving it its Smash 4 property (which was just revealed today), if the bolt hits an opponent they get meteor smashed. This seems to have crazy combo applications, which is perfect for Pichu. I also might consider removing Thunder 2 altogether, so it doesn't prevent you from doing a follow up if the beam hits (but Pichu still gets damage from taking a thunderbolt to the head).

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

I'd be somewhat okay with Pichu coming back but obviously he needs to be reworked fairly substantially. Due to his super low weight, I don't think he can be anything other than a glass cannon, he's fast and hits hard but can't take a hit to save his life. Also, obviously the self-damage mechanic remains but it needs to be reworked to make him not useless.

The way I see the self-damage working is like Solarbeam but in reverse. As Pichu hurts himself, he also builds up a powerful one-time use special attack. As a million other people have suggested, this should probably be Discharge, since he's releasing the static electricity he's built up. The way I'd see this working is that it creates a radial shockwave around Pichu. If he has not hurt himself, it does minimal damage, has virtually no range, and little knockback. However, if you have hurt yourself for say, 30%, it creates a massive burst around Pichu that has high knockback, probably KOing around 80% (of course, with lesser damage it's somewhere between those two extremes). Unlike Ivysaur, if Pichu dies, you lose the charge, so there's a risk / reward to charging it up too much.

I would probably map this attack to Neutral B. This means that something has to happen to his existing moves, probably the elimination of Skull Bash and the moving of his projectile to Forward B. I also might change up his projectile a little, though I'm not exactly sure how.

I would also adjust Agility. It would still not do any damage, but it no longer leaves Pichu helpless, complimenting his status as a hyper-offensive character. Of course, you can only use it once per jump, and no Agility Cancel for Pichu.

As for Thunder, I might consider giving it its Smash 4 property (which was just revealed today), if the bolt hits an opponent they get meteor smashed. This seems to have crazy combo applications, which is perfect for Pichu. I also might consider removing Thunder 2 altogether, so it doesn't prevent you from doing a follow up if the beam hits (but Pichu still gets damage from taking a thunderbolt to the head).
How bout electro ball for sideways-b?

Cool Blue

Smash Journeyman

You should see Saito's Pichu moveset if you are interested.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I'd prefer Andy over Sami. He has a giant wrench.
I prefer Custom Robo over Advance Wars entirely. Robots. Action Figures. Robot Action Figures. Smash Bros is a game about a bunch of Toys/Trophies beating each other up. Ray fits right in.

Besides. R.O.B. needs some ro-bros.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion

Discharge could be :GCA:+:GCB: like Lucario. No need to lose his best move.
And the meteor smash is on the cloud, not the bolt. Read the Miiverse comment please.
I'd prefer Andy over Sami. He has a giant wrench.
10/10 best argument you should be a politician.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
How bout electro ball for sideways-b?
I was thinking something along those lines, since thunder jolt already starts off as a little ball, but I'm not sure exactly what property it should have.

Discharge could be :GCA:+:GCB: like Lucario. No need to lose his best move.
Could work, though I don't think Skull Bash is that necessary any more now that Agility doesn't make him helpless.

And the meteor smash is on the cloud, not the bolt. Read the Miiverse comment please.
That's acceptable too I guess, but I'd rather have it be on the bolt.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I prefer Custom Robo over Advance Wars entirely. Robots. Action Figures. Robot Action Figures. Smash Bros is a game about a bunch of Toys/Trophies beating each other up. Ray fits right in.

Besides. R.O.B. needs some ro-bros.

Also, the toy/action figure argument is debatable because of Lucas and Ness' PK Starstorm trophies. They mention that Paula/Poo/Kumatora taught their PSI techniques to Ness and Lucas when they found out they'd be in Smash Bros, which sort of implies that they're the real Ness and Lucas. I personally think they're all the real characters, simply taken to a world where death = trophification.
you should be a politician.
Can't. My conscience makes me ineligible for politics.

Last edited:

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
So hey, what is the deal with Sami anyway? She's from some old GBA game called Advanced Wars that I never played, what does she do, how would she fight?
For what it's worth, Advance Wars is actually a series, with some more recent games on the DS.

Bleck

Smash Master
Advance Wars is actually part of a larger series that's been around since the NES days (Famicom Wars).

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Why is vaati out? I thought he was at least a sticker.

Hamtaro's mentioned in the masterpieces list (troll face) ;)

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Because part of me worries that even if we get new series characters (assuming we get any characters at all), Ray is pretty much going to be overlooked in favor of Golden Sun and Advance Wars.

Also, the toy/action figure argument is debatable because of Lucas and Ness' PK Starstorm trophies. They mention that Paula/Poo/Kumatora taught their PSI techniques to Ness and Lucas when they found out they'd be in Smash Bros, which sort of implies that they're the real Ness and Lucas. I personally think they're all the real characters, simply taken to a world where death = trophification.
Regardless, it is non-canon. Brawl was the only one to really give a story depth to the series, and in the original Smash they were portrayed as toys. But you get my point.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
I custom made the ones in my signature. Ray and Isaac are the only ones I've made.

If by clone you mean play similarly, then no. Snake or Samus are just the foundation of which Ray would be built on.
I didn't mean it like that, but doesn't adding a new character mean you have to clone an existing one or something like that?

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
I didn't mean it like that, but doesn't adding a new character mean you have to clone an existing one or something like that?
Yes. You do have to have a character that is the basis of the clone's framework.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Because part of me worries that even if we get new series characters (assuming we get any characters at all), Ray is pretty much going to be overlooked in favor of Golden Sun and Advance Wars.

Regardless, it is non-canon. Brawl was the only one to really give a story depth to the series, and in the original Smash they were portrayed as toys. But you get my point.
I wouldn't worry about Ray. He's not going to be overlooked (unless the others are, as well). He has enough supporters that PMBR knows he's there. I'm not seeing many Advance Wars signatures, but I count 3 with Ray just on this page.

It's non-canon to the series that are a part of it, but each Smash appears to have a canon all its own.

Last edited:

Marthmario

Smash Lord
I wouldn't worry about Ray. He's not going to be overlooked (unless the others are, as well). He has enough supporters that PMBR knows he's there. I'm not seeing many Advance Wars signatures, but I count 3 with Ray just on this page.

It's non-canon to the series that are a part of it, but each Smash appears to have a canon all its own.
I have Sami in mine ;~;

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
How exactly does Sami "have explosives"? If it's something unofficially attributed to her, couldn't Andy have just as many explosives?
Actually, while Andy is traditionally shown with his wrench, Sami is traditionally shown with explosives. So it just fits her character more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom