• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Hey. At least you're upfront about being a **** about it. Which is more than most people can say on the internet about themselves.
Of course.
I can admit to being a bit irrational about things.

The difference between me and a lot of other people is that I don't get offended with character inclusions or disconfirmations. People will say they're not "offended", sure, but they get really unnecessarily upset at certain characters.

I don't think Ridley will be in, but I won't be offended and complain about it constantly, like people who don't like Miis and such.

But like I edited into my post,
"The only reason I'm leaning towards detraction, because otherwise it wouldn't affect me, is because I genuinely don't think he'll be a character.

Otherwise cool. Have your purple dragon."

I really haven't noticed anyone who absolutely hates Ridley and doesn't want him in the game. Its just people that are annoyed by the people who still think that he could be in. At least from what I've seen.
I don't see why people would hate the guy. I personally don't like his design enough where I don't care for his inclusion (subjective things, I know), but hating a character is kind of stupid.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Whoever it is, it's going to be someone important and immediately recognizable.

He NEVER gives us advance notice on announcements, so he clearly wants as many people to see it this time as possible.
Why ?! because he is not being announced on a direct ? it doesn't matter they are all important, it's just Sakurai wanted to reveal a newcomer, and he didn't find any Nintendo direct in a close timeframe...so he had to do this.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Right now, I'm leaning more towards wanting him in because his detractors are more face-meltingly irritating than his fans.
I think if people are going detract but don't have a good reason, they should at least nut up and say they have no good reason, or think of it from a humorous standpoint.

I detract from Ridley. Why? Just don't like his design. That's all. I don't shove it in people's faces though.

I detract from the Gematsu leak. Why? Because the thought of everyone's reactions to it if it gets proven false when the game comes out make me giggle like a schoolgirl.

Don't detract from something and make it blatantly obvious you're coming up with really bad reasons ("He's too big!") just to annoy everyone. That's not classy at all.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Why ?! because he is not being announced on a direct ? it doesn't matter they are all important, it's just Sakurai wanted to reveal a newcomer, and he didn't find any Nintendo direct in a close timeframe...so he had to do this.
I think you're replying to the wrong post.

Don't detract from something and make it blatantly obvious you're coming up with really bad reasons ("He's too big!") just to annoy everyone. That's not classy at all.
My thoughts exactly.

Same with the "whoop, he's a stage hazard, show's over" argument. I may not support him, but people have made good points against that that I can't ignore.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I support Ridley. But I just don't see him as likely anymore.

Simple as that. I was hoping the Gematsu Plus rumor was proven true so I could have faith in him again, but alas.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Me, I'm a Shulk detractor.

Why? Because I don't like the Xeno- games. Shallow? Yes. But I don't like them.

But of course I'm not going to repeatedly ***** all over the place if he makes it. Especially since personal taste is such a bad excuse for not wanting someone.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I really just hope it's Chorus Kids so the Gematsu madness ends and people stop hating on such an awesome addition.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

But of course I'm not going to repeatedly ***** all over the place if he makes it. Especially since personal taste is such a bad excuse for not wanting someone.
So, no "COME ON SAKURAI I'M TIRED OF ALL THESE SHULK PICTURES UGH SUCH A WASTE OF A 'CHARACTER SLOT'" from you?

Good, that's how it should be. :4pacman:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
When we get this trailer, I'd like some heavy CGI present, comparable to Greninja's trailer. Also, just like that trailer, I'd like them to hype up the surprise rather than showing the newcomer immediately like in Palutena's trailer.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I really just hope it's Chorus Kids so the Gematsu madness ends and people stop hating on such an awesome addition.
I may not like Gematsu, but I wouldn't mind them.

I doubt they'll get a three-minute trailer, though.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I may not like Gematsu, but I wouldn't mind them.

I doubt they'll get a three-minute trailer, though.
I wouldn't be surprised, if Sakurai decides to make a pretty long introduction sequence followed by an explanation on how they work / their moveset.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I wouldn't be surprised, if Sakurai decides to make a pretty long introduction sequence followed by an explanation on how they work / their moveset.
They're not really important, though. At least not announce-ahead-of-time-so-everyone-sees-live important.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They're not really important, though. At least not announce-ahead-of-time-so-everyone-sees-live important.
You're implying Sakurai actually has a reason for doing this.

He could be doing this just because he can. This is Sakurai we're talking about.

He could also be doing this because there's no Nintendo direct and he really just wants to reveal a newcomer (considering the game is coming out in September and he's "scraping the bottom of his video stash")

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
When we get this trailer, I'd like some heavy CGI present, comparable to Greninja's trailer. Also, just like that trailer, I'd like them to hype up the surprise rather than showing the newcomer immediately like in Palutena's trailer.
That's why Palutena and Little Mac's trailers are my least favorite. You knew immediately they were trailers for Little Mac and Palutena.

So I'm hoping this trailer isn't like that.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I'm going to avoid trying the predict who it will be. I'll just end up getting myself really hyped for a character I want, and when it isn't them I'll be disappointed, even if its an otherwise cool reveal. Fortunately, I work from home so I'll be able to watch this interruption free and spend a couple of hours lurking here before getting back to work. Freelance is the best, you guys,.

Man, a newcomer AND the 24 finale on Monday, a new Weird Al album on Tuesday... what a rock-solid week it's going to be.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I want a non Gematsu character reveal, but I'm fine if it is one of the Gematsu Trio characters. It looks like Shulk is going to be revealed anyway.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92

Dude, Ridley hate goes beyond personal taste, there's plenty of good reason against him...

Last edited:

wewewezing

Smash Cadet
My guess is one of the 3:

Ridley - Just for hopes sake, its probably not happening :p

King K. Rool - That bottom of the barrel comment has me very suspicious....

Shulk - One of the developers of Xenoblade retweeted the announcement, I'm not a huge fan of him personally, but I don't see any reason to dislike Shulk.

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
If the trailer is three minutes it's gonna be exciting. Even though the criticisms raised against the Little Mac and Palutena trailers revealing the characters outright is valid, damn were they cool. The anime style in the Palutena trailer was awesome. So far I think the Pac Man trailer was the worst trailer. The "Red, Blue, Yellow" theme was kind of dumb and the trailer itself was just boring, no fancy CGI or anything like that.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's not hate per say but it's more of "he doesn't fit the bill'' kind of thing
How does the villain of Nintendo's biggest female character this side of Princess Peach/Zelda not fit the bill to be in Smash Brothers?

You have a strange defintion of fitting the bill me thinks.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
It's most likely Shulk because of the retweet of the announcement from Xenoblade's Twitter. If it does happen it will definitely boost the Gematsu believers and they'll just keep talking more about it.

While i don't mind Shulk, i'm strongly against Gematsu because of the lacking "roster" it has in it's promise. No Ridley, Mewtwo is still not back and Lucas is removed. But instead we get Chorus Men! No offense to anyone who likes them, but why should a long time requested fan favorite like Ridley or Mewtwo be underprioritized by a bunch of generic white men that only appears for brief moments in their perspective games, they're not even the main characters of Rythm Heaven?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's most likely Shulk because of the retweet of the announcement from Xenoblade's Twitter. If it does happen it will definitely boost the Gematsu believers and they'll just keep talking more about it.

While i don't mind Shulk, i'm strongly against Gematsu because of the lacking "roster" it has in it's promise. No Ridley, Mewtwo is still not back and Lucas is removed. But instead we get Chorus Men! No offense to anyone who likes them, but why should a long time requested fan favorite like Ridley or Mewtwo be underprioritized by a bunch of generic white men that only appears for brief moments in their perspective games, they're not even the main characters of Rythm Heaven?
Rosalina says hi to you and would like to tell you that she represents the fact there is obviously information that leak didn't have.

She'd also like you stop insulting her other fellow newcomers. Kthnxbye and don't infuriate mother hen. She's very testy.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Has anyone talked about the creator of Xenoblade Chronicles retweeting the post that Sakurai made about that and then saying he has exciting news to announce soon?

It's definitely Shulk.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Rosalina says hi to you and would like to tell you that she represents the fact there is obviously information that leak didn't have.

She'd also like you stop insulting her other fellow newcomers. Kthnxbye and don't infuriate mother hen. She's very testy.
Opinions must be difficult for you to handle.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Has anyone talked about the creator of Xenoblade Chronicles retweeting the post that Sakurai made about that and then saying he has exciting news to announce soon?

It's definitely Shulk.
Huh? The creator of Xenoblade Chronicles said he has exciting news to announce soon? I wasn't aware of this.

wewewezing

Smash Cadet
Welcome to Smashboards, where opinions may possibly kill you. Also, watch out for Bigness, random Hype Gifs, and other unnecessary bad jokes that may come your way. Enjoy yourself!
Jokes on my Opinions, I'm already dead! :awesome:

Also, am I the only one who is more or less indifferent to Shulk? I haven't played Xenoblade, and honestly was barely aware to his existence prior to Smash Hype

CaSTEELO

Smash Rookie
NNID
CaSTEELO
3DS FC
0963-0535-1293
Video starts off with Ice Climbers reveal and they're beating everybody up since 2 > 1. Then the Chorus Men come in and fight Ice Climbers since 3 > 2. :p

JCAndre

Smash Apprentice
Jokes on my Opinions, I'm already dead! :awesome:

Also, am I the only one who is more or less indifferent to Shulk? I haven't played Xenoblade, and honestly was barely aware to his existence prior to Smash Hype
Well I'd say most people who haven't played it (which is probably a lot, the game barely got a North American release) aren't excited, and it's understandable to not get excited for a character you know nothing about. I have been playing Xenoblade though...and I am super excited at the prospect of Shulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom