• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niala

Smash Ace
I did not really expect Palutena or Mii Fighters at E3 specifically myself, albeit Pac-Man was given. :seuss:

According to most people, there are only three options. I doubt any confusion would ensue. On the other hand, there will be a lot of debate as to whether or not the character was indeed "filler."
It's funny, I actually expected the complete opposite with regards to E3. I didn't expect Pac-Man to come at all, but Palutena and Miis were pretty much givens for E3 as far as I was concerned. Although the form the Miis took was a pleasant surprise, I think.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I'm really scared about who will be announced.
It scares me more than that horror movie I watched at 3am today.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Holy ****, I just realized that if it IS Shulk, we may get a Xenoblade STAGE as well!

Can you imagine fighting on the Gaur Plains or Satorl Marsh? Yes please!

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Looking at this whole Character Reveal from a non-biased perspective I'd ask which character warrants a 3-day special reveal trailer ? Nintendo and Sakurai tweeting/facebooking etc etc for the social media to be aware of what is coming. 2nd Question does Shulk warrant such an entrance? IMO I don't think so. It has to be a HUGE SUPRISE character. A character that will blow people away or shock/ amaze etc etc. I have no qualms with Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men. But I don't believe any of them warrant such a trailer. What you guys think? Also regarding the Xeno people tweeting they are fans of Smash. Also have tweeted about Smash directs before.
The thing is, our perspective and Nintendo's perspective are quite different, for them they think it's a Megaton reveal, because not everyone follow the news of Smash like we do, if not for the Gematsu leak, I'm sure that Shulk would have been something out of the left-field and it will be welcomed as MegaMegaton, as you can see companies disregard these leaks, for them these leaks never happened, so whatever they show you they expect you to be surprised, and that why it's treated as something big.

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
At least Evo is also this weekend to kind of smooth the hype and wait until Monday morning.

It seems as though it will be Shulk with Monolith Soft or the director of Xenoblade Chronicles re-tweeting Sakurai. Just hope a yet to be announced vet is also showcased [Ness Please ... doubt it but PLEASE. Just want to see Ness in HD].
Although a cinematic of Chrom taking on both Marth and Ike would be a lovely way to start off the week.

If it wasn't a Gematsu leak character, then I'd like to see either ...
- Ridley [just so those yearning for him can finally have that sweet release.]
- Ray from Custom Robo
- Bowser Jr.
- King K. Rool

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
not that im exspecting this but

I wonder what the reactions are going to be when Mondays character is not shulk

(history repeats its self with diddy kong thought to be the one at the direct that little mac got revealed.)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Honestly, I believe that Shulk is the most likely reveal, but that seems too obvious. Sakurai is unpredictable, yet this prediction is quite simply too apparent. Maybe I should jump on the Chrom hype train. Or I would... if it existed. :c
I sold my soul to the Anna Hype Train. So even if it derails, I'll be going down with the ship- er... train.
But then Lady Palutena would revive me.

What if it's Bandanna Dee along with a revamped Metaknight similar to the Greninja/Charizard trailer.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I sold my soul to the Anna Hype Train. So even if it derails, I'll be going down with the ship- er... train.
But then Lady Palutena would revive me.

What if it's Bandanna Dee along with a revamped Metaknight similar to the Greninja/Charizard trailer.
I will personally kick Sakurai in the nuts for his favoritism to his series. Kirby needs no more than the three reps it has now.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I will personally kick Sakurai in the nuts for his favoritism to his series. Kirby needs no more than the three reps it has now.
As if Brawl didn't show his favoritism already. Metanight has his own victory theme and the Kirby characters were definitely the most badass in the Subspace Emissary.
Also Bandanna Dee only recently became relevant and Sakurai hasn't worked on Kirby since Air Ride back in 2003. Yeah it's not the best argument but it's something to take note of. :awesome:

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
I just had an idea. Maybe the reason they are making such a big deal out of this Monday trailer is because they plan on showing More then 1 newcomer! Hype hype hype hype King Boo hype hype hype Gold Ghost from Luigi Mansion hype hype hype hype Wrinkly kong.

Got a problem with ghosts?

GHOSTBUSTERS!

Why else would luigi get his vacuum for his final smash.

Last edited:

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
Its also rather amusing that little macs director said he just retweeted and didn't even know if little mac was getting revealed that day. So yes it is nothing.
What does the Little Mac director have anything to do with this? Seriously do some research before making blanket statements. The creator of the Shulk character is not part of the gaming industry. He doesn't talk about games ever. Out of his thousands of tweets, he's only mentioned video games 4 times in the past and they only related to Xenoblade announcements. Monday's trailer is one of those.

The Little Mac game director is an entirely different person with an entirely different role and industry focus. Seriously, his twitter name is @GamePlayDev.

Also the Little Mac game director isn't the IP owner of Little Mac anyway. That's Nintendo's IP and why should be know about what's going to happen with the Little Mac IP outside of the game he was paid to make.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hope for Ridley and K. Rool's biggest fans it's one of them.

I'd love to see their great big celebrations.

Few other character fanbases, save perhaps Toad's, really need to feel that sense of jubilation and vindication.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Guys if I were you I will put my money on Shulk, if not you are in for a disappointment, don't hype yourself for unrealistic announcements.
I'm putting my money on Diskun.

Why?
I have who I want in the game, already. So now all I want is for Sakurai to make me laugh until the game comes out. :troll:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm indifferent to Ridley, but if it does turn out to be him, I'm kind of afraid.

He has so many vocal supporters and vocal detractors, both sides are going to explode, with "Ha ha I told you so"'s and "No, Sakurai, how could you, not buying now"'s.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
See? He'd be a total gunpowder keg if it's him.
The thing is detractors of a character should never have any say after that character is revealed. Their opinions (and in most Ridley detractor's cases it always the stupidest or not thought reasons as to why they're against him) are effectively null and void.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
No one really doesn't want Ridley in the game. They just think that he's not in because Sakurai implied that he was a stage boss. And that a lot of Ridley fans can be annoying.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The thing is detractors of a character should never have any say after that character is revealed. Their opinions (and in most Ridley detractor's cases it always the stupidest or not thought reasons as to why they're against him) are effectively null and void.
They'll still never shut up about how much they hate him at every opportunity, as we've seen over and over again with whenever Mii Fighters are brought up. D:<

No one really doesn't want Ridley in the game.
I have one question for you:

Where the **** have you been, because it definitely hasn't been Smashboards.

Last edited:

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I incline to be a Detractor, because I'm an artist, and there's no way they can fit him in without a design change. they to change his proportions, and if Sakurai got him in he'd make him so ****ty, you wouldn't even want him, Anyways there's more going against Reidley than what's going for him.

But at the same time I want to see him in just to see how Sakurai can fit him in, not because I like the character, but I just want to see the Genius of Sakurai in work.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
They'll still never shut up about how much they hate him at every opportunity, as we've seen over and over again with whenever Mii Fighters are brought up. D:<

It's the internet. People like to ***** to seem kool.

Yes. Kool with a K. :p

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Right now, I'm leaning more towards wanting him in because his detractors are more face-meltingly irritating than his fans.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't care. I'm just stating the obvious.
Not really. You're starting an assumption based on a shadow.

Never once did the words Ridley come out of Sakurai's mouth anywhere.

As for that proportions mumbo jumbo? That's just bull**** that people say that's been proven wrong so many times by modders of the previous games that it's not even funny.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Whoever it is, it's going to be someone important and immediately recognizable.

He NEVER gives us advance notice on announcements, so he clearly wants as many people to see it this time as possible.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm a Ridley detractor.
Why?

I always say it's for no good reason. I'm upfront with it.
It's not even because it would be funny to me if he's not in (which is a huge reason I detract from a lot of things).

If he's in, awesome. Everyone's happy. If he's not, awesome, I'm not affected either way. :troll:

The only reason I'm leaning towards detraction, because otherwise it wouldn't affect me, is because I genuinely don't think he'll be a character.

Otherwise cool. Have your purple dragon.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Whoever it is, it's going to be someone very important and easily recognizable.

He NEVER gives us advance notice on announcements, so he clearly wants as many people to see it this time as possible.
He's given us reminders in PotD's, although they are the ones on the same day as the announcement

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

I really haven't noticed anyone who absolutely hates Ridley and doesn't want him in the game. Its just people that are annoyed by the people who still think that he could be in. At least from what I've seen.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm a Ridley detractor.
Why?

I always say it's for no good reason. I'm upfront with it.
It's not even because it would be funny to me if he's not in (which is a huge reason I detract from a lot of things).

If he's in, awesome. Everyone's happy. If he's not, awesome, I'm not affected either way. :troll:
Hey. At least you're upfront about being a **** about it. Which is more than most people can say on the internet about themselves.

I can respect that.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I really haven't noticed anyone who absolutely hates Ridley and doesn't want him in the game. Its just people that are annoyed by the people who still think that he could be in. At least from what I've seen.
Look at the Worst Things about Smash 4 thread. Look at it and gaze in terror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom