• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
http://nintendoeverything.com/ninte...-smash-bros-for-wii-u3ds-character-on-monday/
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/487559269990932481

Nintendo is set to announce a new character for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS in just a few days. A new video, which is about 3 minutes long, will reveal the mystery character. Expect it on Monday. The video will be shown at 10 AM ET / 7 AM PT.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGG_w5Nyg
Oh, by the way! I'd like to reveal a new challenger. Instead of doing the unveiling on something like a Nintendo Direct, we're going to live-stream the reveal on the official website on Monday, July 14, at 7:00 AM US Pacific Time (4:00 PM European Central Time). Looks like we're nearing the bottom of the stash of new challenger videos that we've made... Like always, we put a lot of effort into it, so I hope you'll enjoy watching it live.

Super excited!
Any predictions as to who it could be?

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
****. Just. Got. Real.

Shulk obviously.

Any game with loads and loads of sidequests needs at least 3 minute newcomer video.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know it never ceases to amaze me how Nintendo always show this stuff the week after my holidays end:glare:

Anyway, could it really be a newcomer, just a month after E3?

Last edited:

HylianRaider

Smash Rookie
NNID
HylianRaider
Really hoping it's Shulk personally. Whatever it is though i'm excited!

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Please be Isaac, please be Isaac, please be Isaac...

It won't be Isaac, will it?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I've never played or been interested in Fire Emblem or Xenoblade (...or Rhythm Heaven), so I'm hoping it turns out to be someone completely different.

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
Shulk can see the future. As of this post, the unveiling of the new character will be happening in the future. The word "future" ends with the letter 'e'. The word "eye" ends with the letter 'e'. Eyes are used to see. Shulk sees the future with his eyes.

Shulk confirmed.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Woah, that came out of nowhere. Judging by Sakurai's words, it seems like the character will be a newcomer and not a veteran.

I am anxious.
Shulk can see the future. As of this post, the unveiling of the new character will be happening in the future. The word "future" ends with the letter 'e'. The word "eye" ends with the letter 'e'. Eyes are used to see. Shulk sees the future with his eyes.

Shulk confirmed.
Spoilers everywhere.

Last edited:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Ridley is who I want revealed, but my gut tells me it will probably be a gematsu leak character...
What im annoyed is that I leave for vacation 3 hours before the livestream starts, and i'll be gone for a week, with there likely being no internet there, meaning i'll have to wait a week to see the reveal. :glare:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Woah, that came out of nowhere. Judging by Sakurai's words, it seems like the character will be a newcomer and not a veteran.

I am anxious.
It's bound to be a newcomer. He's never had to announce veteran characters he revealed on Miiverse in the past.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
3 minutes and a 3 day notice? That sure is a first. All 3rd party newcomers are out the window too. Seems like they're throwing their biggest ball in the court.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I do hope it's not a Gematsu leak. Even if it's real, I want something else.

My hope (that will be dashed at that time) would be Wario + Mona, or a Zelda trailer.

But if it's a big video... It's gonna be Ridley :troll:

Oh, also, the Charizard/Greninja trailer is 2:28 long, so whatever it is, I expect also a veteran.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Actually, I just thought of something.

Anyone think there's a chance of a new veteran appearing in the trailer? Like Charizard in the Greninja reveal?

KingBroly

Smash Lord
It's a Newcomer, confirmed by Sakurai on Miiverse.

I want it to just be the Chrous Men for the LOLs.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
It's at 10 AM EST... YEAH.
10 AM

SANTA'S COMIN' TO TOWN

Anyone think there's a chance of a new veteran appearing in the trailer? Like Charizard in the Greninja reveal?
Ice Climbers in the Chorus Men trailer xD

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

I do. The Greninja trailer is rather long, so it can happen, I guess.

(I want a long Zelda trailer to show Ganondorf changes! :awesome:)

By the way, whatever it is, I'm probably going to enjoy it. More newcommers = more fun.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Nintendo's teasing a new character, not characters, so I don't think so

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Added Sakurai's Miiverse post to the OP. The fact that they're 'nearing the bottom of the stash of newcomer challenge videos' is sad to hear. I guess we might only have the Gematsu characters left :(

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
If it is a a Gematsu newcomer, then Shulk or Bust.

Although..... 3 minutes.... that's an awfully BIG trailer.

fill

20EggsEggs
Added Sakurai's Miiverse post to the OP. The fact that they're 'nearing the bottom of the stash of newcomer challenge videos' is sad to hear. I guess we might only have the Gematsu characters left :(
im still hopeful, rosalina wasnt on gematsu

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I feel like the lengthy trailer will be for a character that has multiple forms or can switch between 2+ characters, despite Sakurai's prior decisions to split characters like this.

And no I'm not referring to Chorus Kids dammit.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
It's Sakurai we're talking about.

Maybe he "forgot" to put a plural on the word character.

:troll:
so he forgot a character? xD

My hopes
1. Ridley - biggest

2. Not Gematsu (Isaac, K. Rool, Ray01, anyone... >.>) - pls pls pls (not saying I don't want them in, but if it is then they're probably the only ones left)

3. Shulk - if it's gotta be a gematsu, this guy'd probably be the most hype

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Remember, Sakurai originally said not every newcomer would get a video.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Something about the way that's worded definitely sounds like there are newcomers without videos too.

But yeah, fingers crossed for K. Rool!

If it has to be a gematsu, then I hope it's Chorus Men, because both of the other characters are completely undesirable to me. I want my newcomers to be unique, not more of the same.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom