• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doompatron3000

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if, at the end of the video, if we will finally get an actual release date for the Wii U version.

I wouldn't mind too much if we got multiple characters revealed, but, we'll probably just get one character, if the trailer is really detailed. Palutena's trailer is also 3 minutes long.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh boy, I wonder which of the three remaining leaked characters will be shown (since it's all but confirmed that they're all that's left)?

It's incredibly lame that they really let the list of newcomers be leaked so early. I don't care if they had been the most awesome list of newcomers ever, it's just not cool and totally killed my hype this time around.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's going to be 2:45 minutes of K. Rool or Ridley staring at the camera, tapping their feet and claws. At the 2:45 mark they'll finally growl out..

''****ing finally!"

And then their card will smash:

''RIDLEY/K.ROOL WAS SICK OF WAITING."

15 seconds of gameplay.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It all begins in 3 days and one hour... Fortunately, it's at a decent time for me (3 PM). But the wait is painful!!

I'm getting all hyped. My body wasn't ready for this!! :colorful::estatic::crazy::psycho::demon:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I'm expecting a pretty big newcomer reveal *"Ridley Confirmed?" incoming*

For it to be announced 3 days early...3 minutes long...they clearly want everyone to watch this, what I'm gonna call a SHORT SHORT film, and get super hype and cry tears of joy together.

I really want to see Shulk, but hm...never know. Maybe all the Ridley teasing will come to an end? :awesome:

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
It's going to be 2:45 minutes of Ridley staring at the camera, tapping their feet and claws. At the 2:45 mark they'll finally growl out..

''****ing finally!"

And then their card will smash:

''RIDLEY WAS SICK OF WAITING."

15 seconds of gameplay.
I would be ok with this

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
The fact that it is a 3 minute video makes me thinks it really will be the Chorus Kids (all jokes aside). If their moveset is based around some crazy rhythm mechanic (plus the fact that it could potentially be 3 characters running around in tandem), then I can see 3 minutes being warranted to fully do them justice in a trailer.

...unless it's just some stupid 3:00 anime thing and then it's Chrom.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If someone outside of Sal Romano gets announced prepare for Smashboards to become Crashboards

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Is it wrong of me to want to see a character that wasn't on the leak just so I can laugh at everyone's reactions? Because if it's not Shulk, this is exactly what I want to happen.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Oh boy, I wonder which of the three remaining leaked characters will be shown (since it's all but confirmed that they're all that's left)?
No, it is not all but confirmed they are all that is left. Rosalina alone is reason to believe that is not the case.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I would really like if the character was a newcomer that isn't on the Gematsu leak. Would be really hype.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Wow, this blindsided me. But I'll actually be up for it. Hoping for Mewtwo.

Interesting to know they're near the end of the new challengers.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, interesting. I can't wait until Monday, it's gonna be both huge and awesome at the same time. Will it be Shulk? Will it be the Chorus Men (although I think they won't appear because Ice Climbers, but you never know), or someone else? The hype is real.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wow, this blindsided me. But I'll actually be up for it. Hoping for Mewtwo.

Interesting to know they're near the end of the new challengers.
Yeah, makes you wonder if there will be any secret ones not revealed until after release

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, makes you wonder if there will be any secret ones not revealed until after release
I'd hope so. I'd like to have some form of in game trailers/challenger approaching screens for people who I don't know who they are watching their trailer.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
No, it is not all but confirmed they are all that is left. Rosalina alone is reason to believe that is not the case.
The scene from star wars where they say your our last hope is playing in my head but with it being said to Rosalina instead

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So the leak left out ONE character. Big deal. It isn't enough to get my hopes up.

Somehow three newcomers being left lines up quite well with him saying that they're at the "bottom of the barrel" regarding newcomers.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
When was this said?

Like, ever?

This means there can be secret newcomers...
What are you talking about? That's crazy

There've never been secret newcomers in a smash game before, I don't see them starting now

Whoa. Dude. I'm just a Smashboards user. Don't put all that pressure on me.

But you're all we have...

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If it's a 3 minute trailer, then I highly doubt it'd be Chrom or Shulk. It's either Chorus Men or a non-Gematsu.

There've never been secret newcomers in a smash game before, I don't see them starting now

Are you cereal?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Someone hasn't posted this yet? I'm disappointed.

And yeah, I agree the Gematsu leak doesn't mean all the characters. Which is one more reason why I want this reveal to not be a character from the leak. But if it is, I'll ride the hype train anyway. Character reveals are always real hype.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The first half of the video will be Sakurai giving an extremely vague apology to a fanbase he has hurt a lot, then, Ridley trailer!

Seriously, I want either Chrom, Chorus Kids or Ridley, I have no emotional attachment to Shulk at all, and he wouldn't be as unique as CK.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

I don't think Sakurai is really caring on who he reveals at this point. For all we know, some of the confirmed newcomers may end up being unlockables.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
God, this is either going to produce momentous hype or extreme butthurt. I'm hoping that an unannounced veteran is somehow tied into it because I'm more than ready for :popo: or :wario: to be shown already. Also, a reveal on a Monday? How coo-coo bananas is that?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
you know, for only 3 minutes I'm not sure that's enough time for the thread to gain another 50 pages, like what usually happens with these things.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I don't think Sakurai is really caring on who he reveals at this point. For all we know, some of the confirmed newcomers may end up being unlockables.
I admit, I've been really confused on who's going to be unlockable or not from the announced characters so far.

The only assumptions I'm making is that the characters on the box art are definitely starters, and the third parties are unlockable

It's harder to guess further than that.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Wait whoa what!? Where the hell did this come from?!

I hope it's another "Rosalina"

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I'm really hoping we don't get any of the characters from the gematsu leak... I find them horribly dull.
Its hard to be excited when you know the rest (if not the majority) of the newcomers. And you know that they're all "meh"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom