• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterawr

Smash Cadet
Well there is a way to save money on the trailers - reveal a bunch of characters at once.
And simultaneously break the internet.

Class act, that Sakurai

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I'm guessing he changed the trailer cause he said "New fighter" not new fighters. Either way captain falcon woohoo.

So rip gematsu

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I'd feel sad for Chrom supporters, except there was really, really, no reason for a third blue haired sword guy. His addition would've been bland and uninteresting, and really undermine the differsity of Fire Emblem. Robin avoids all that by begin a magic user. And since Chrom still appears in Robin's Final Smash, it's all cool.

Plus we got a new blue haired sword lady. Way different! (But she seems to be a Marth clone, but ah well.)

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
So the good news is that I think the Gematsu leak is finally dead. The bad news is that that was Shulk's best chance at a confirmation. But in a roster with 4 Fire Emblem characters, I realize now that anything is possible.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
This has to be the best trailer yet, just because of how unexpected it was.

Not sure what to think about Gematsu now. I'll get it to it when I understand what's going on! All I know is there seems to be no limit as to who we see pre-release.

salromano

Smash Rookie
As I'm sure most of ya know, the leaker e-mailed me last night teasing Shulk.

He also e-mailed me again this morning saying Nintendo keeps a lot secret from Bandai Namco, and that Sakurai may change his mind as he does all the time, but that Shulk was 100%.

A quote: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be changed."

I've e-mailed him about the lack of Shulk, as well as the whole Chrom being a Final Smash thing. I'll update if I get a response.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say.

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
Gematsu is dead. Pac-Man and Palutena were always obvious. Namco's making this game and Sakurai's had an obsession with Kid Icarus since Brawl.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I'm on mobile but she does for me.
On PC, she just has a regular square image like all of the veterans. And all of her images put her in poses that look exactly like Marth.

I think she might be a clone. Why they decided to put in a clone, I'm not sure, but so far I can't find any visual differences between them, aside from Chrom apparently being in the final Smash.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
From bashing to praising, Sakaurai does know how to "tip the scales"
As for Chrom I think he'll be Lucina's alternate skin, due to the announcer yelling his name in the trailer...but I'm not so sure how Robin's final smash will work if Chrom AND Lucina battle are in the same match...maybe I'm just wrong altogether..
GEMATSU IS WRONG WOOP

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I still fully expect a Shulk reveal, but Chrom being deconfirmed can't help but discredit the leak somewhat.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
So, a possibility is that Sakurai became aware of the leak and decided to show off Robin/Lucina instead of Shulk in order to shift things up?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
So I guess Lucina is either a clone or alt skin for Marth? She literally uses the exact same moves in the trailer, and isn't given a big "Newcomer" banner like Marth, so...?

domokl

Smash Lord

He also e-mailed me again this morning saying Nintendo keeps a lot secret from Bandai Namco, and that Sakurai may change his mind as he does all the time, but that Shulk was 100%.

A quote: "I only know what has been done, not what or when they will be made available. Sakurai may change his mind, and he does all the time. Shulk will not be changed."

I've e-mailed him about the lack of Shulk, as well as the whole Chrom being a Final Smash thing. I'll update if I get a response.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say.
Your leak is dead. You trying to defend it soldifies that.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Wow, awesome trailer! I'm glad Sal was wrong about Chrom. No offense to Chrom fans, but Lucina and Robin seem way more interesting than him imo.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I feel like Sakurai probably changed his mind on Chrom.

As for Lucina being a Marth clone? I don't actually mind. Martha's my home boy. So to have girl version to play sometimes? Down for it.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Why is everyone so positive that Gematsu was wrong? He confirmed Pacman way before his time as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai just got fed up that Gematsu was always right and decided to pull this confirmation forward (Hence the crappy and short ending with Chrom). Therefore, he is saving Shulk for a later date instead.

Have faith, Shulk will appear soon.
That's what I've been thinking as well.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
Lucina's Final Smash DOESN'T have Chrom in it. God damn.. Watch the video. It's obviously Robins final smash.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Shulk may be playable, sure.
I can believe that.

But not because of the leak.
Chrom isn't playable.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
This has to be the best trailer yet, just because of how unexpected it was.

Not sure what to think about Gematsu now. I'll get it to it when I understand what's going on! All I know is there seems to be no limit as to who we see pre-release.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
ONLY negative to come out of this is that, besides Ridley, my most wanted newcomers are Shulk, Isaac, and Takamaru. The too many swords brigade will now be out in full force.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
On the main site how comes Lucina isn't shown as a newcomer like the others? :O. Or is it just on my one?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
"As I'm sure most of ya know, the leaker e-mailed me last night teasing Shulk.

Still finding it hard to believe. 8 for 11 is no easy task. I wonder what he has to say."

From Sal Romano via the comments section of Gematsu:

http://gematsu.com/2014/07/robin-lucina-captain-falcon-playable-new-super-smash-bros

domokl

Smash Lord
Now that the leak is dead all characters have a higher chance after all. K rool and ridley are coming

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
OMG I OVERSLEPT
OMG LUCINA MEANS CLONES
OMG ROBIN I WAS RIGHT
OMG GEMATSU IS A BUST I WAS RIGHT
OMG DOES CHROM HAVE A CHANCE NO
ANOTHER FEMALE
ANOTHER THIS
ANOTHER THAT
AHHH
AHH
HYPE TRAIN
COMING DOWN THE TRACK

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
At least there's more Palutena pics. It will take me a while to get used to 4 Fire Emblem characters though.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
You just don't know how it works. There is tech that allows you to retarget animations to models without so much a sweat. Yes, it's not as complicated as you make it out to be.
That's assuming Chrom and Lucina would have the same moveset. The textures still need to be recreated too.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm fairly sure that Chorus Men and Shulk are still happening, but it's not because of the leak.

There's evidence to show interest in their series on Sakurai's watch and the ghost is already an enemy in Smash Run.

I'm just glad that we got rid of the weakest newcomer of that final 3 bunch.

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
i'm not sure how i feel about lucina being a clone of marth. on one hand, it absolutely makes sense, unlike gannon/c. falcon, on the other hand, they could have made lucina a costume for marth and i wouldn't feel like sakurai cheated by making a clone character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom