• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Regardless, pretty stoked for Lucina. I wasn't too focal for her but I really liked the idea of playing as her.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
LOL SAL HAS FORSAKEN US!

ROBIN LOOKS SICK, I'm Actually surprised!?

Last edited:

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
Lucas lives!!!!!! But Robin wow i'm shocked and Captain Falcon was in the trailer because??

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't have asked for a better outcome. And yes, it is partly because everything I said turned out to be true, so that's a little bit of me being pompous. I'll admit to that.

A veteran, and two newcomers who weren't Shulk. I'm so happy.

And even better, Robin looks like a friggin' beast. Can't wait.

But did anyone else notice Lucina only being a Marth clone?

Joalro

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0189-8794-0585
My theory:Sakurai knew about the leak, and purposely showed the characters that the leak guessed right to string us along, so then he could Falcon Punch the internet!

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Smash website is back up. So we got Captain Falcon (YES), Lucina and Robin, with Lucina's FS featuring Chrom.

I'm extremely excited. Not to mention that darn Gematsu leak is finally dead, so every newcomer I've wanted that hasn't already been deconfirmed now still has a viable shot in my mind and the Smash community as a whole.

Yes, including Ridley. I hope.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Why are you guys saying that it's dead? If chrom is in, then he's not wrong... And they could have easily switched chrom for Lucina
Maybe you mean a different thing than most when you say "easily". It's a completely different model which means different animations, different textures or at least textures differently mapped, different hurtboxes/hitboxes, etc. It's far from easy to just say, "Hey can you guys change up this character real quick?"

MithosSama

Smash Rookie
Why is everyone so positive that Gematsu was wrong? He confirmed Pacman way before his time as well. I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai just got fed up that Gematsu was always right and decided to pull this confirmation forward (Hence the crappy and short ending with Chrom). Therefore, he is saving Shulk for a later date instead.

Have faith, Shulk will appear soon.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I still think the Gematsu leak still holds water as it predicted many of the newcomers correctly. However, I feel content in that I chose to believe that there are some newcomer characters that weren't predicted by Gematsu.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
Wow! that was awesome! Site is updated and I noticed Lucina is just a square and not a rectangle like the rest of the newcomers! Confirmed newcomer clone/skin for Marth?

Lozjam

Smash Champion
What is Lucina being considered as? She doesn't show up as a newcomer on the site...

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I can't believe I am saying this but **** off, Marth! You've just been replaced by my two favorite FE majn characters since Hector!

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
RIP Gematsu! Ahahahaha. The possibilities are wide open once again!

Robin looks awesome, and Lucina seems to be a Marth clone, so can't complain there. Here's hoping we get an AW rep!

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
I highly doubt the leak is dead. You can't get that many characters right
Maybe you mean a different thing than most when you say "easily". It's a completely different model which means different animations, different textures or at least textures differently mapped, different hurtboxes/hitboxes, etc. It's far from easy to just say, "Hey can you guys change up this character real quick?"
You think I don't know how hard it is to switch all that stuff! Obviously I was talking about early in the development stages, since you know that's when sal got all of his info. It sure isn't that hard to originally want chrom then change your mind for Lucina!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW6TpZPYd58

If you havent seen the video yet, its on youtube already.
k

Rythmic

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zadester
Am I the only one who highly disliked the live stream? Do we really need three blue haired sword wielding people? Captin Falcon I'm glad is returning, and Robin looks good but he won't be a character I'll be playing a lot. To me this character reveal was... Eugh, lots of crying and then just over all sadness.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
You just don't know how it works. There is tech that allows you to retarget animations to models without so much a sweat. Yes, it's not as complicated as you make it out to be.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
Smash website is back up. So we got Captain Falcon (YES), Lucina and Robin, with Lucina's FS featuring Chrom.

I'm extremely excited. Not to mention that darn Gematsu leak is finally dead, so every newcomer I've wanted that hasn't already been deconfirmed now still has a viable shot in my mind and the Smash community as a whole.

Yes, including Ridley. I hope.
Part of Robins Final Smash not Lucinas.

T

Trick or Treat

People desperately pulling loopholes out of their asses to keep their precious Gematsu leak alive, haha.

What is Lucina being considered as? She doesn't show up as a newcomer on the site...
Yes she does. She's a separate character.

gamer8

Smash Lord
On her actual profile it says Newcomer but I'm wondering myself why she doesn't have the wide box with art like all of the other newcomers. And sorry if this happens to be a double post, it's a nightmare trying to check right now.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I wouldn't exactly jump to conclusions on debunking Sal Romano's tipper's claims just yet though, I still think it could have something.

I think I'll just wait until the release of the 3DS version of the Japanese version to find out.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also dudes....don't forget. The ghost from Rhythm Heaven is still an enemy in Smash Run. So Chorus Men is probably still happening.

And Sakurai had that picture with the Monado on his twitter.

So that's cool. We might still get the better two newcomers from that whole Sal Romano thing. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom