• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I hate you, and I know I'm not the only one.
Would you stop being an ass to the guy? Jesus Christ, he's just going off information he got in an email, which some of which now appears to be wrong. I could tell you I hate you too despite not knowing anything about you, but that would accomplish nothing.

D

Deleted member

Man, all the salt over sal is ruining my breakfast. Give it a break guys, he's just relaying info he was being told.

Last edited by a moderator:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Yeah I really don't see the point of adding lucina as her own character when she literally is an alt. Unless nintendo goofed and she wasn't supposed to have her own page…………
I don't think so since she has her own render and pictures. I'm sure Sakurai meant for her to have her own page. And it says newcomer on it on English and Japanese.

Last edited:

Xandercage

Smash Rookie
Don't know if anyone else has noticed but in Sakurai's updated Miiverse post he only posts about Robin and C. Falcon. There is no new post update about Lucina. Whenever a new character is revealed he usually posts information about them right after the intro video on Miiverse

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Be happy guys, sheesh.
I will not be happy until I find out if Lucina is a clone, alt, or actually a unique character (highly unlikely). It's giving me a headache as to why she had little to show in her trailer and why Sakurai completely shrugged her off in the Miiverse post

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
What if Sakurai discovered the leaker, and he offered to either lose his job or play along and told him to tell Sal Romano that Shulk is totally confirmed today, he did it with Xenoblade writer I guess by making him retweet it....DUBIOUS MAN DAT SAKURAI! BUT MAN **** HIM FOR NOT SHOWING US A CG of IKE!
Trailer is so obviously well prepared to debunk Gematsu(it wasn't supposed to be Fire Emblem characters you know, but SURPRISINGLY it is from Fire Emblem just to hype you at first, so you'd think it's Gematsu), everybody expected Chrom and Shulk, we saw Chrom and we saw Robin with a hood very similar to Shulk in the first sight, so people who watch the trailer was like " Oh my god it is Chrom, OH MY GOD ITS SHULK?! " then he gave us Lucina and Robin instead, also Captain Falcon... Seriously guys, if this isn't trolling, then what is it?

I think Captain Falcon was like a punishment to us believing anything except Sakurai. If we be good boys, will you remove him from the roster, Sakurai? Please?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hate you, and I know I'm not the only one.
Can we please not do this? Sal is just like us. He is not a leaker. He's not the one spreading false information. He is a messenger behind another person. I seriously doubt Sal has gotten any pleasure out of any of this.

They say don't shoot the messenger.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Man, all the salt over sal is ruining my breakfast. Give it a break guys, he's just relaying info he was being told.
Agreed. No need to be rude about it, maybe they're just acting immature about it because their favorite character wasn't on the leak's list. Also I think this is all I'm going to post for now, unbearable trying to post when it's crashing so much.

Genexican

Smash Cadet
The leak is DEAD.
He miss out Rosalina. He put "Pokemon from X and Y" instead of "Greninja" the DAY before he was revealed (way too vague). And not only did he get Chrom wrong, but also missed out TWO other Fire Emblem characters!
It's over, it's time for everyone to start thinking for themselves again. Get over it.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
I don't think Gematsu is debunked. He already got Mega Man, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Fighter, Little Mac, Palutena, and Greninja correct. He could've just seen briefly seen screencaptures from the game or maybe just brief gameplay footage and assumed Chrom was in instead of him just being in a final smash. And, besides, the game isn't out yet, so who knows if Chrom will truly be in or not. Maybe he's an alternate costume?! We don't know truly yet.

That could mean Shulk and/or the Chorus Men are assist trophies. Either way, I believe they will appear in the game in some shape, way, or form.

Chrom is still in the game, right? ;) Not debunked.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
Y'all don't know what connections/ties he has to the game, lol. Y'all sound very ignorant and ignore the fact that he got most of the other newcomers correct.

supersaiyanmikito

Smash Cadet
Why are so many convinced Lucina is full on newcomer and a full on character? She is not a clone of Marth, she is a literal copy and paste with a different skin so I have a theory about her. You see in the game Naruto Clash of Ninja 2, there was the unlockable character Mizuki. However what made him special was that he didn't actually appear on the character select. Rather, he was an alternate costume for Iruka that the game treated as a seperate character. His moves were 1:1 identical to Iruka but with some slightly different animations suchs as his taunts and victory pose. He also had completely seperate voice clips and the game deplayed Mizuki's name instead of Iruka. I believe this is what Lucina is, an alt for Marth with a different voice, different taunts, different entrance and victory animations but with a perfectly matching moveset. This is also likely how Female Robin works, an alt for Robin with different sounds and animations.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Chrom was listed as a newcomer by Sal's source.

That pretty much debunks that information as you can tell he is not amongst his fellow FE brethren Robin and Lucina on the main page.

Gematsu if not dead is pretty much close to dead/on shaky shaky ground.

Last edited:

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Gematsu is dead, we can now live in harmony again and hope for better characters. Hype has been resurrected, Lucas is not removed, Mewtwo still has a chance and Ridley will rock the floor! WE HAVE WON.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If you honestly get pissy at Sal Romano, then you're a bad person.
Or ignorant and not informed well enough.
You see, he's just the messenger. His source is the one you direct your silly anger towards.

Poor Mr. Romano.
Sorry that your source is a bull****ter.

Polo Fire

Smash Rookie
It's a big hit to sals credibility, but if this trailer showed us anything it's that nothing is 100% and we can still expect anything.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Don't know if anyone else has noticed but in Sakurai's updated Miiverse post he only posts about Robin and C. Falcon. There is no new post update about Lucina. Whenever a new character is revealed he usually posts information about them right after the intro video on Miiverse
Lucina seems to be in a weird space between full-on newcomer and alt costume, which suggests to me that she's probably a separate slot, but mostly a clone.

domokl

Smash Lord
Y'all don't know what connections/ties he has to the game, lol. Y'all sound very ignorant and ignore the fact that he got most of the other newcomers correct.
All of the newcomers were easy guesses excecpt wft who has been guessed before

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
The leak is DEAD.
He miss out Rosalina. He put "Pokemon from X and Y" instead of "Greninja" the DAY before he was revealed (way too vague). And not only did he get Chrom wrong, but also missed out TWO other Fire Emblem characters!
It's over, it's time for everyone to start thinking for themselves again. Get over it.
Well said, well said. The Savior of the Universe, Captain Falcon, Falcon Punched that leak out of existence!!

My take is this:

• Glad they added Robin, the character may still use a sword but we finally have a Fire Emblem character who does something else besides swing a blade around. A character who is unique from a series that seemed destined to provide swords forever instead of diving into the massive potential it has to offer Smash.
  • Lucina ambiguousness frustrates me. I don't mind her in the game sense she's at least going to be a clone of Marth and took less work (more characters the better) but what is she exactly? Is she a clone or an alt costume? It seems like a petty detail to get hung up on but If she's a clone she will probably play slightly different. I am 98% sure she's a alt costume though
  • Yay Captain Falcon. People will finally shut up about Captain Falcon.
  • Probably the best news today is that Gametsu is basically dead for all intensive purposes intents and purposes. It can no longer be viewed as gospel and hopefully the unnecessary animosity and venom it seems to generate from users will be put to rest. I do think there was some truth to it, but there is no point in depending on it. All bets are off guys, the roster as of right now is fair game.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go watch that trailer again.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Most of those other newcomers were easy guesses. If people would actually think logically, they'd see that.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
And, besides, the game isn't out yet, so who knows if Chrom will truly be in or not. Maybe he's an alternate costume?! We don't know truly yet.
Judging by the trailer from what I saw, it's pretty clear that Chrom is not playable.

Last edited:

LegendaryFish

Smash Rookie
Why are so many convinced Lucina is full on newcomer and a full on character? She is not a clone of Marth, she is a literal copy and paste with a different skin so I have a theory about her. You see in the game Naruto Clash of Ninja 2, there was the unlockable character Mizuki. However what made him special was that he didn't actually appear on the character select. Rather, he was an alternate costume for Iruka that the game treated as a seperate character. His moves were 1:1 identical to Iruka but with some slightly different animations suchs as his taunts and victory pose. He also had completely seperate voice clips and the game deplayed Mizuki's name instead of Iruka. I believe this is what Lucina is, an alt for Marth with a different voice, different taunts, different entrance and victory animations but with a perfectly matching moveset. This is also likely how Female Robin works, an alt for Robin with different sounds and animations.
Agreed, they're more than likely on the same character spot and you just toggle like Zelda/Shiek.

However, villager and WFT are just plain costumes (because they have like no voices)

T

Trick or Treat

Chrom is part of the Final Smash. Are people seriously debating that?

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Seems odd to me that they'd include an entire trailer and Newcomer badge for an alt costume when they haven't done the same for other alt costumes shown so far. :p I'm pretty certain she's a clone.

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
All of the newcomers were easy guesses excecpt wft who has been guessed before
If they were so easy then why did no one else guess them? LOL. That's not a good way to start a debate.

How come she has a question mark?

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I will not be happy until I find out if Lucina is a clone, alt, or actually a unique character (highly unlikely). It's giving me a headache as to why she had little to show in her trailer and why Sakurai completely shrugged her off in the Miiverse post
She seems like a clone - she has her own page on the site. She seems much faster than marth. She did an Nair and then a Dair in one short hop I believe. Or an FF full hop.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Chrom was listed as a newcomer by Sal's source.

That pretty much debunks that information as you can tell he is not amongst his fellow FE brethren Robin and Lucina on the main page.

Gematsu if not dead is pretty much close to dead/on shaky shaky ground.
Let's assume that the whole "Chrom is playable" thing was human error. If that's the case, I can see why he thought Chrom was playable, not Robin. Both of them appear in Robin's final smash, but Chrom's picture (the cut-in thing) is what appears before the actual final smash. Because of this, what if Sal's source thought Chrom was playable, and Robin was part of Chrom's final smash?

salromano

Smash Rookie
JAll of the newcomers were easy guesses excecpt wft who has been guessed before
Again, easy to say after the fact. But the fact is that no one else predicted all those characters together.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you honestly get pissy at Sal Romano, then you're a bad person.
Or ignorant and not informed well enough.
You see, he's just the messenger. His source is the one you direct your silly anger towards.

Poor Mr. Romano.
Sorry that your source is a bull****ter.
While I don't condone sending him hate either - you speak as if him having a "source" is truth.

I've doubted from the very beginning that he had a source, and that he was just riding along a lucky streak and taking advantage of it. His source hasn't been confirmed, therefore, the existence of any tipper could have been yet another fabrication, just so he could use it to avert any pestering he'd get (which doesn't seem to be fully working regardless).

LegendaryFish

Smash Rookie
Most of those other newcomers were easy guesses. If people would actually think logically, they'd see that.
I don't see why you're acting like you had spot on judgment or something.
Yeah, it's so obvious that Wii Fit Trainer was coming to the game, who would have guessed?
Oh, not to mention Palutena, before we knew Pit had a new final smash.
Mii Fighters? Yeah that's a simple name to guess. Villager? Ok, he was def on everyone's list.

/Sarcasm

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
You know, I wasn't that big of a fan of the Gematsu leak myself, but after seeing all these whiny kids *****ing about how the leak wasn't 100% accurate kind of makes me want it to be true now.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Probably the best news today is that Gametsu is basically dead for all intensive purposes.
intensive purposes.
You had. One. Job. It's "intents and purposes".

Know the difference it could save your life!

I'd also like to add to people to please don't shoot the messenger. Sal is just the delivery vehicle.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The Gematsu leak is not reliable, that's all that matters. We can expect pretty much any new comer now.

HOWEVER. Before this reveal, Robin supporters were arguing that Robin had a chance because they leaker might have just had access to planning documents (explaining things such as Pokémon from XY) and that Chrom could likely have been a place holder for any FE Awakening character.

Can we please not do this? Sal is just like us. He is not a leaker. He's not the one spreading false information. He is a messenger behind another person. I seriously doubt Sal has gotten any pleasure out of any of this.

They say don't shoot the messenger.
This. The guy posted a leak for a damn video game. You guys don't hate him, or want him to die, or feel anything to him. He's a guy on the internet discussing a video game. This is a community, as absolutely lame as that sounds. Smash Bros fans have notoriously bad and well earned reputations as it is. Let's not make ourselves look worse by being "outraged" or "hating" someone over something as petty as a leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom