• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
This is very similar to the pre-smash direct hype, when the xenoblade producer or whoever from monolith tweeted about it, so everyone expected a shulk reveal...

My point... Shulk isn't a shoe in for this announcement.
That was someone at Monolith Soft's wife that tweeted about it that time.
This time we have three different people all directly involved with the development of Xenoblade all retweeting it.
The circumstances are at the very least slightly different.

That's not to say that I'd personally love to be wrong if only for the sake of a little surprise! I don't like having a good idea as to what I'll be seeing! Well...in this case at least.

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I know, I'm tired and say stupid **** when I'm tired, as does everybody else from time to time
Indeed. That happened to me earlier today when I thought people were talking about a character announcement at EVO and said so, only to confuse other people...

But anyway, I'm changing my prediction to a Super Smash Bros. Trilogy announcement... Hey, it's gotta happen sooner or later.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
Really I'd like a serious answer, people are fine with over 10 ****ing Mario characters (If you count the Donkey Kong characters as Mario characters), but then they decide to put in one of the characters from Xenoblade Chronicles and APPARENTLY that goes too far.
I mean they are all 'technically' Mario characters. Except they ALL have their own games. Donkey Kong and Diddy kong star in their own franchise, Wario created a new franchise, Yoshi stars in his own series of games, Luigi has his own games with him as the solo star, I mean even Peach has her own games.

So it's ridiculous to even try and compare the two. Xenoblade Chronicles is a one game standalone with Shulk as the main character. He isn't going to be the playable character in the Wii U version either... So he's a one game stand. I wouldn't get married to him because he won't be around forever. AKA He's no Mario.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
I know who it's going to be. Not a space dragon. Not a swordsman. Not a trio. But Sakurai eating food for 2 minutes and then spending an entire minute performing black magic and casting a hex on Sal Romano.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I mean they are all 'technically' Mario characters. Except they ALL have their own games. Donkey Kong and Diddy kong star in their own franchise, Wario created a new franchise, Yoshi stars in his own series of games, Luigi has his own games with him as the solo star, I mean even Peach has her own games.

So it's ridiculous to even try and compare the two. Xenoblade Chronicles is a one game standalone with Shulk as the main character. He isn't going to be the playable character in the Wii U version either... So he's a one game stand. I wouldn't get married to him because he won't be around forever. AKA He's no Mario.
Actually, being in Smash will ensure that he stays around forever...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I would be [can't describe but way too excited] if Paper Mario is the one announced.

But I don't expect that much unless if I go to grasping at straws (which I do anyway to torture myself).

Though, it would be
If it ever happens.

So... let's hype?

Because with Sakurai, you'll never know...

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I would be [can't describe but way too excited] if Paper Mario is the one announced.

But I don't expect that much unless if I go to grasping at straws (which I do anyway to torture myself).

Though, it would be
If it ever happens.

So... let's hype?

Because with Sakurai, you'll never know...
I'm all for that :)

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
Actually, being in Smash will ensure that he stays around forever...
Did I miss Shulk's Official Confirmation? I thought I was pretty up to date on the confirmed character list.

Also Shulk would depend on Smash to even stay relevant, which only getting a new game every ~8 years isn't exactly great staying power. Which Shulk could easily be replaced by a newer character quite easily as he seems to be a one time player. Maybe if he is still in the storyline for the Wii U version and sticks in the series, but only time will tell.
Mario doesn't rely on Smash to stay relevant. So don't compare them. That is my point. Stop taking it out of context. Thanks :)

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I wonder if it'll be another brawler type character (e.g. Little Mac/Mii Brawler).
That would be pretty awesome.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Who knows? It might be Dunban or someone from Monolithsoft's X. Maybe even Bayonetta
Oh sh#@ Bayonetta would be the sickest!
I mean I'm not a fan of her game, but smash bros needs another Snake. Oh man there would be an immense amount of butthurt from people who were hoping that Bayonetta 2 would be on the PS4, and then to have her appear in Smash as well? If that don't convince em to buy a Wii U I don't know what will.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
I still can't believe that they would spoil Shulk's reveal like this. Something's fishy it just seems to easy.

DEWeezy

Smash Rookie
How about Krystal from Starfox since we only have one character from this franchise and haven't seen a stage yet

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Are we really still speculating that it's anyone other than Shulk? That Monolith retweet is pretty revealing.

Kumatora

Smash Cadet
Hol about Krystal from Starfox since wie only habe one character from this franchise and haven't seen a stage yet
One so far. Falco will most definitely be back. Maybe Wolf too, I don't know. Either way, they probably won't be announced until the games out. They've always been secret characters.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
actually i will leave my computer on for the night...
http://youtu.be/hgYdcLOF2_M
let the soothing sounds of chorus men put me and you to sleep
Hate to say it, but the Chorus men look kind of...boring judging from this video. Although for some odd reason, they just look like Smash material, I have no idea why.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I got another e-mail tonight.

Its contents:

enjoy my good friend shulk! :)
That is all.
Well hello there, Sal Romano. Thanks for the heads up. So.... it's pretty much what everyone was expecting. Good deal. Once again, the Gematsu leak gets stronger.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
well, he wouldn't tell if it wasn't from his tipper so...

Yeah that's more than a retweet now.
Obviously.

However, I'm still going to view it with skepticism.
I'm not saying that the leak is wrong, I'm saying his source isn't credible if tomorrow isn't actually Shulk.

Take that how you want.

To be honest, many, many, many people think it'll be Shulk tomorrow so this is make or break.

How I don't like predictability...

But yeah no, it's going to be shulk tomorrow and all and I am no longer hyped.

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Did I miss Shulk's Official Confirmation? I thought I was pretty up to date on the confirmed character list.

Also Shulk would depend on Smash to even stay relevant, which only getting a new game every ~8 years isn't exactly great staying power. Which Shulk could easily be replaced by a newer character quite easily as he seems to be a one time player. Maybe if he is still in the storyline for the Wii U version and sticks in the series, but only time will tell.
Mario doesn't rely on Smash to stay relevant. So don't compare them. That is my point. Stop taking it out of context. Thanks :)
I dunno man, I mean plenty of characters rely on smash to stay relevant.
Ice Climbers, Shiek, Mr G&W.
I really thought that Shiek would be replaced by the more modern Impa.

Anyway, Shulk was confirmed unofficially by the same guy who leaked
Miis,Lil Mac, Pacman, Wii Fit Trainer and every other newcomer except Rosalina. He also leaked the Chorus Men and Chrom. But, because he didn't know about Rosalina, there's a small hope that there is another character or 2 that he didn't know about.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Obviously.

However, I'm still going to view it with skepticism.
I'm not saying that the leak is wrong, I'm saying his source isn't credible if tomorrow isn't actually Shulk.

Take that how you want.

To be honest, many, many, many people think it'll be Shulk tomorrow so this is make or break.

But yeah no, it's going to be shulk tomorrow and all of a sudden Sal will be a god or something.
It's because it's the same pattern:

the day before any events, we got an update.

that's why I said 99% and not 100% as it's impossible to say the later.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
THE CONCH HAS SPOKEN

ALL HAIL THE GEMATSU CONCH

4AU7vE5.jpg

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I got another e-mail tonight.

Its contents:

That is all.
Well, Magikarp. There goes the speculation fun for tomorrow. :/. (No qualms at all, I just wish I kind of didn't read this xD)

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
I dunno man, I mean plenty of characters rely on smash to stay relevant.
Ice Climbers, Shiek, Mr G&W.
I really thought that Shiek would be replaced by the more modern Impa.

Anyway, Shulk was confirmed unofficially by the same guy who leaked
Miis,Lil Mac, Pacman, Wii Fit Trainer and every other newcomer except Rosalina. He also leaked the Chorus Men and Chrom. But, because he didn't know about Rosalina, there's a small hope that there is another character or 2 that he didn't know about.
I was being a smart ass with my first line :p

And I know there are characters that do rely on Smash. I understand that they are important to gaming and Nintendo as well. However they still are not 'Mario' in any sense. I thought it was ridiculous that someone would even compare Shulk and Mario and question why Mario has so many friendly faces to accompany him in Smash.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Gaddangit Sal, one of these days ya just gotta troll the sh#@ out of us and tell us that Ridley's gonna be in the next reveal video.
No one said it was the remaining newcomer.

I even think he's pretty likely based on that direct (too long to explain) so I still think those aren't 100% the remaining one (rosalina technically makes it false but you get the idea).

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Is it wrong of me to hope that Sakurai finds out who Sal's leaker is and sends Nintendo assassins after him?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom