• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracometeor

Smash Apprentice
I really want Chrom to be revealed. Only because I have no clue how Sakurai would be able to change his playstyle drastically enough for him to not be a clone of Marth (He uses the same freakin sword!) and to still have enough of his own character style from FE:Awakening. I mean Roy got cut right? Why would Chrom be put in?

Now I LOVE Fire Emblem (One of the few Nintendo games that I buy) but I can't see Chrom being unique enough.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
just watch it be META Ridley lol
XD
I really want Chrom to be revealed. Only because I have no clue how Sakurai would be able to change his playstyle drastically enough for him to not be a clone of Marth (He uses the same freakin sword!) and to still have enough of his own character style from FE:Awakening. I mean Roy got cut right? Why would Chrom be put in?

Now I LOVE Fire Emblem (One of the few Nintendo games that I buy) but I can't see Chrom being unique enough.
"My Unit" comes to mind. He & She (Alternate Costumes that changes gender) would be unique.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

They could make Chrom unique if they used his Great Lord ability to use lances. Still aesthetically he'd still look way to similar to Ike and Marth. Blue hair, armor, sword, cape. Its all too close together, especially the blue hair, and it does poorly to show off the Fire Emblem series since it has such a massive diversity in characters. Same goes for Lucina since her outfit's almost the same as Marth's. Though I support her more than Chrom at least.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
It's gonna start off with a 6 second clip of a photo of Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men just standing next to each other on battle field. Then, it'll cut to a black screen with white text that says

"now that gematsu is out of the way..."

And then it will cut to the true reveal, a reveal of your favorite character, a character that gematsu didn't predict...

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
This is called the "New Character to be Shown Monday" Thread. Not the "Shulk Leak to be True on Monday, Kill all the Hype" Thread.
I prefer "New Shulk to be Shulked on Shulkday feat. Shulk: The Movie: The Game: The Thread: The Shulk" thank you very much.

Shulk. Stop saying Shulk.

i said shulk...

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

GameXplain has some great points, even though they are on the "Gematsu is Real 100%" train.

Such as Sakurai stating that they are getting to the bottom of the barrel for newcomer character videos. Which does line up with only 2 other characters left (Chrom and Chorus Men), if Shulk was announced.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace

Based on Chrom's battle animations and his fighting style in the anime-style cutscenes, I always pictured him having the "stop and go" playstyle that Ike has in Project M. Seriously, he suuuuuuuuuure likes to dash up to his opponent as fast as possible and deliver big, decisive strikes. (Also Chrom knows Aether lmao)

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
In all honesty, even if this leak ends up true, I'm still going to enjoy the heck out of these remaining reveals. Perhaps it's just because I've chosen to accept the leak as opposed to mull over it being true/false/unconfirmed, but in my humble, somewhat-zen mind, Monday is going to be a great day.

It's smash season guys. Be happy :)

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Actually, nearing means that they're not there yet but are getting there. Not sure how many more but I'm hoping for 4 more newcomers after this one.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
In all honesty, even if this leak ends up true, I'm still going to enjoy the heck out of these remaining reveals. Perhaps it's just because I've chosen to accept the leak as opposed to mull over it being true/false/unconfirmed, but in my humble, somewhat-zen mind, Monday is going to be a great day.
Yeah, I agree. I just hate that Sakurai is ignoring the biggest, most wanted newcomer! Bandana Dee.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

I will be wordless at anyone who seriously acts like a skeptic of the Gematsu leak if Shulk is the reveal.

Hell I've been wordless 2 reveals ago at skeptics.

Any person with common sense at this point would acknowledge the very realistic and high probability of the leaks legitimacy.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Am I the only one here who thinks Gematsu is 0% true?
Please tell me I'm not.
I think saying 0% is just plain ignorant. I think it has around 70% chance to be true, especially since that we've saw a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run.

I hope it isn't true though since I want my Bandana Dee and Ridley.

Last edited:

Eliskor

Smash Rookie
xD...:p. I have this feeling that it won't be Shulk revealed tomorrow, but rather a character that is not apart of the Gemastu Leak.
I wouldn't mind if it's Shulk though.
I'd be happy for this since it means we'll be getting more newcomers than expected. Sceptile plzkthx

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
I think saying 0% is just plain ignorant. I think it has around 70% chance to be true, especially since that we've saw a Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run.

I hope it isn't true though since I want my Bandana Dee and Ridley.
I think I used the term 0% loosely.
is anyone going to bed?
Do not speak of these topic here.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Am I the only one here who thinks Gematsu is 0% true?
Please tell me I'm not.
I would say 10% at least just cuz I'm stubborn and refuse to believe in it. I don't hate the characters mentioned, in fact they're all pretty great except for Chrom sort of (Anna for Smash!) but I hate that all the characters are being spoiled at such a high degree!
I don't even follow the Gematsu leaks! I've never read anything of what he's had to say. But it's everyone here preaching like missionaries of the Church of Gematsu that keep shoving it in my face.

D

Deleted member 245254

I would say 10% at least just cuz I'm stubborn and refuse to believe in it. I don't hate the characters mentioned, in fact they're all pretty great except for Chrom sort of (Anna for Smash!) but I hate that all the characters are being spoiled at such a high degree!
I don't even follow the Gematsu leaks! I've never read anything of what he's had to say. But it's everyone here preaching like missionaries of the Church of Gematsu that keep shoving it in my face.
I don't understand...does you being annoyed by it make it any less correct? I understand bias is a thing but there is a list of legitimate reasons to not believe something and "cuz I don't like it" isn't one of them.

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
I get a bit like that with gravity. I'm like "I don't care if it seems legit, you don't have to keep telling me I can't fly". Time's gonna tell on that one.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This is the best time to go to sleep. I will set my alarm and leave my computer on sleep mode. Tomorrow morning will be the best way to start the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom