• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Remember guys, the Gematsu leak guy said that Post-Launch DLC is confirmed! So your character may still get in after launch. (Bandana Dee)
Or as a secret character.

It can be assumed that Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Kids are starters set for reveal before launch.
So there's the possibility of secret unlockables.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
Nevertheless, I'm still super excited to see Shulk in his Wii U form, and him being a super obscure character to me makes it all the more interesting :)

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Remember guys, the Gematsu leak guy said that Post-Launch DLC is confirmed! So your character may still get in after launch. (Bandana Dee)
Very True! Although there might be DLC, I just think that the special feeling of having your favorite character initially in the game upon release will be gone. Trust me I would be so pumped if they announced (fill in for you favorite character) as downloadable content, I just would miss that certain rush of excitement I would get from winning that character through initial gameplay! But hey, I would be content either way :D

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Anyone expecting someone other than Shulk tomorrow is in denial... :c

almost 600 people viewing this thread

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I got another e-mail tonight.

Its contents:

That is all.
On the positives: Everyone thought it was Shulk anyway, therefore, if it is not Shulk, Gematsu deconfirmed anywho. If you believe Sal, you had no choice before but to basically succumb to the choice being Shulk (or Chorus Kids/Chrom, but logically, both have many flaws).
Less perceived likelihood of a Chrom reveal, if Gematsu is your Smash God- though--- going back to that option that was stated before, nude Chrom as a character..

On the downside: nothing really. Everyone already thought it was Shulk anyway. This doesn't have a downside, for once, and also, Harry Potter is now done. Ginny must have... eight lines in the movies, total.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Imo, the only thing I ever liked about Shulk is probably the amazing music that will come with him.

So, at least I'm not in any rush to watch Shulk's reveal tomorrow. Go to work, school, gym, play video games, study, pet my cat...and then watch the trailer 7 hours later :p.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Sakurai: Alright, here's the plan. You've earned their trust; they'll believe anything you say. You're going to talk to that Sal guy one more time and tell him that Shulk is confirmed. Back here, we'll get the guys over at Monolith to re-tweet this like crazy and throw them off our trail.
Leaker: Understood. Long live the glory of #MetroidMonday!

Sorry.

Last edited:

FalconOwnage

Smash Apprentice
Even if the email is wrong, the hype train has been derailed. It's just cruel yo.
Exactly. We would have been better off WITHOUT the Gematsu Leak in the first place.
ALL IT DOES IS KILL HYPE AND TELL EVERYONE WHO THE NEWCOMERS ARE IN THE MOST BLAND WAY (AN E-MAIL WITH A FEW WORDS).

WATCHING THE TRAILER WITHOUT KNOWING WHO IT IS BEFOREHAND IS ABOUT 10 MILLION TIMES MORE HYPED UP.

thank you Gematsu Leak, for ruining all hype and speculation...

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
Most if not all knew it was going to be Shulk because of the Monolith Soft retweet, not sure why Sal didn't leak this info before Sakurai made the new fighter announcement, that would've been a surprise. But now the leak just ruined it for me.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
If Shulk is revealed tomorrow, many people will claim it to be a lucky guess.
And it may be true. Shulk is definitely a good guess. I was banking on it, and many others were as well until Sal came out and said it.

Unfortunately, we aren't going to reach the end of this ongoing debate until Chorus Kids are confirmed.
I feel like the Chorus Men/Kids (assuming the leak is correct) are being saved til last just to troll detractors by making them think that just maybe the leak isn't true.

Yo, @TheAnvil Sally Romanov indeed reared her ugly head.

EDIT: Oh hey, my 300th post.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Exactly. We would have been better off WITHOUT the Gematsu Leak in the first place.
ALL IT DOES IS KILL HYPE AND TELL EVERYONE WHO THE NEWCOMERS ARE IN THE MOST BLAND WAY (AN E-MAIL WITH A FEW WORDS).

WATCHING THE TRAILER WITHOUT KNOWING WHO IT IS BEFOREHAND IS ABOUT 10 MILLION TIMES MORE HYPED UP.

image.jpg

But in all seriousness you should have probably saw this coming.
Stay off the thread the night before, because chances are Sal has some info.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Very True! Although there might be DLC, I just think that the special feeling of having your favorite character initially in the game upon release will be gone. Trust me I would be so pumped if they announced (fill in for you favorite character) as downloadable content, I just would miss that certain rush of excitement I would get from winning that character through initial gameplay! But hey, I would be content either way :D
Yeah. Hopefully when Sakurai said that they are done making Newcomer videos, that means that the rest of the newcomers will be unlockables.

I just want my Bandana Dee, since we haven't had a new Kirby stage yet.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I really wanted Chrous men just so the debates could've just died. I much, MUCH prefer seeing Shulk to chrom though, so it isn't all bad news.

I also don't like the fact that people are now going to start looking at retweets to find patterns that don't exist.

Oh, well. Shulk trailer here we come. :)

Hong

The Strongest
I got another e-mail tonight.

Its contents:

That is all.
Once again, a leak within a short time window of the news becoming public information.

It's obviously legitimate, but I take it this guy is not involved with the actual dev team.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
It's most likely not going to happen, but I suspect an Earthbound/Mother character. Considering that there isn't an Earthbound character in the whole game yet (Besides Mr Saturn. Which is an item)

Last edited:

StrangeTamer

Smash Cadet
All I want to know now is if we're getting newcomers the leak hasn't mentioned
It seems everyone has been split in terms of hype, some just took off and some died
I'm with the latter

Agualitos

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow's reveal is still going to be 100% awesome.
I would say even today is 100% awesome! It'slike the day before christmas when we were little kids! The anticipation builds up and thats what makes these types of moments so great! Gosh. . . Thank you Sakurai for these types of moments. This is what I live for :DDD

^Hahaha, bit dramatic, but the hype truly is real today! #Icanfeelthehype

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
It's most likely not going to happen, but I suspect an Earthbound/Mother character. Considering that there isn't an Earthbound character in the whole game yet (Besides Mr Saturn. Which is an item)
I personally think Ness is the only Earthbound character we are going to get (sorry Lucas.)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Tomorrow's reveal is still going to be 100% awesome.
The problem here is that I won't even react.

Here's a thing: I only care for 2 newcomers and maybe another rest is neutral so if he was announced without leak, I would at least clap and be happy (and have my heart beat faster).

Now, I know who it is and so, won't even clap (although, I may be interested in gameplay footage but really, not going to bother that much unless it;s REALLY interesting).

Plus, I don't even know what he can do so it's kinda bland to know before and not know while revealed.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
As long as we're in despair....
Gematsu is the worst thing to happen to Smash since tripping!! :crying::cry:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

There's a solution to that: Don't come to Smash Boards before a big announcement. It's like surfing the Internet before watching the latest Game of Thrones episode. Someone's gonna leak that snizz.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
There's a solution to that: Don't come to Smash Boards before a big announcement. It's like surfing the Internet before watching the latest Game of Thrones episode. Someone's gonna leak that snizz.
TYRION---*Shot*

.....anyways, for us that are hyped, we must unite and purge the world of....un.....hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom