• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
See look, people TOLD YOU it was obvious

But dangit, don't you people care about how SHULK PLAYS? What about the inevitable NEW STAGE THAT COMES WITH HIM

Come on, guys, knowing who's in isn't even half the battle! Not even a fourth! How quickly you forget where we are.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
THE CONCH HAS SPOKEN

ALL HAIL THE GEMATSU CONCH

View attachment 18101
Exactly. We would have been better off WITHOUT the Gematsu Leak in the first place.
ALL IT DOES IS KILL HYPE AND TELL EVERYONE WHO THE NEWCOMERS ARE IN THE MOST BLAND WAY (AN E-MAIL WITH A FEW WORDS).

WATCHING THE TRAILER WITHOUT KNOWING WHO IT IS BEFOREHAND IS ABOUT 10 MILLION TIMES MORE HYPED UP.

thank you Gematsu Leak, for ruining all hype and speculation...
Oh stop. Why are you on the internet? If you really wanted to avoid a leak you would have stayed out of Smash discussion period. These kinds of spoilers happen all the time and many people prepare for things like this with media black outs or just avoiding message boards. You and anyone else who feel like their hype train has derailed only have yourself to blame.

On the other hand I think these leaks are the most fun part of Smash speculation. Watching and reading the debates and reasoning along with people taking sides makes the leak process so entertaining.

Ultimately the ne result is the same and we are basically guaranteed more newcomers with DLC anyway so get hyped for that. Well newcomers or left out veterans.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII

That's it! I'm done! It's not like I wanted to get hyped anyways! **** the hype!

Might as well rename this the "Shulk to be shown Monday" Thread!

Might as well have the Shulk section of the Character Discussion boards up and running by now!
I'M OUT!

D

Deleted member

Kind of a buzzkill, but I expected Shulk tomorrow anyways.

I never played Xenoblade, but

Shulk = Fresh/Unique Swordsman in Smash 4?

YES PLEASE.

NEW MAIN.

I mean fresh compared to the styles we already see in Marth, Ike, and Link, nothing against any of them. I like them all quite a lot, I just don't want the 4th swordsman in the game to be stale is all.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Was the second leak supposed to be all of the remaining newcomers? Or just some?

On topic: if it is Shulk, it'll be great because I wouldn't be surprised if this is the beginning of a Xenoblade Chronicles X marketing campaign. Rally the fans around Shulk being in smash and then hit them with X teasers throughout the year.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
The trailer could contain more then shulk, like how greninja had good ole charizard.

hype lives on

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
There's a solution to that: Don't come to Smash Boards before a big announcement. It's like surfing the Internet before watching the latest Game of Thrones episode. Someone's gonna leak that snizz.
Snape kills Aerith at the end of Xenoblade.

Just wanted to let everyone know before they run out and waste their time learning about Shulk's game.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You know what was a surprise?
That month I stayed away from the internet and found Little Mac and Rosalina as characters on Smashbros website.

That as it. And greninja, but for that I had some intense mourning to do.

Pacman predictable, Palutena predictable, Mii predictable (even the way it was done).
Love the ideas but, there we go.
So, I'm hoping for a double reveal. If not, excited to see how busy his outfit is in HD (in the words of @YoshiandToad)

Godking123

Smash Journeyman
What if the Chorus Men were cut? Who's to say that every newcomer included on the list that Sakurai and his team created in pre development stages were all implemented as playable?

FalconOwnage

Smash Apprentice
What if Sal was actually Sakurai this whole time, waiting for this moment to pull of the ULTIMATE TROLL:

Up until now, Sal (Sakurai) had been giving us true leaks to make us believe "Sal" is legit. Now, he leaks that it will be Shulk, making everyone 100% expect Shulk.

THEN...

Sakurai presents a trailer starting off with a scene of a familiar landscape from Shulk's game.

Suddenly...

the screen turns black as a dragon screech is heard. Ridley flies in and...

SAKURAI PULLS THE ULTIMATE TROLL, REVEALING THAT HE WAS ACTUALLY SAL ROMANO ALL ALONG AND SMASHBOARDS GOES COMPLETELY BERSERK IN SHOCK AND AWE AT HOW SAKURAI SO IMMENSELY FOOLED US ALL WITH HIS WHOLE SAL ROMANO SCHEME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL HAIL THE KING OF TROLLING!

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I hope they don't do that. Only because if they only do Ness then it will feel like Earthbound isn't being represented much in smash bros anymore.
Doesn't it make sense though? Earthbound was only released in America and the Mother franchise hasn't expanded past the third installment, which is rather old. The series doesn't seem to be that relevant anymore. Why does that warrant more than one character to represent the series? I'm not trying to sound discouraging, that's just how I perceive it.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I would say even today is 100% awesome! It'slike the day before christmas when we were little kids! The anticipation builds up and thats what makes these types of moments so great! Gosh. . . Thank you Sakurai for these types of moments. This is what I live for :DDD

^Hahaha, bit dramatic, but the hype truly is real today! #Icanfeelthehype
Hey man, I totally feel you :) this is hype season, and in October, it'll be smash season. No reason not to be festive.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I got another e-mail tonight.

Its contents:

That is all.
Do you think your source enjoys getting off the tears of fans everywhere?

Anyways, I'm not surprised.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Oh stop. Why are you on the internet? If you really wanted to avoid a leak you would have stayed out of Smash discussion period. These kinds of spoilers happen all the time and many people prepare for things like this with media black outs or just avoiding message boards. You and anyone else who feel like their hype train has derailed only have yourself to blame.

On the other hand I think these leaks are the most fun part of Smash speculation. Watching and reading the debates and reasoning along with people taking sides makes the leak process so entertaining.

Ultimately the ne result is the same and we are basically guaranteed more newcomers with DLC anyway so get hyped for that. Well newcomers or left out veterans.
I'm not flaming, I support the Gematsu Leak. I want the Chorus Men badly.

All in good fun, man.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok so whats going on

I still think its either shulk or ridley tomorrow

I heard a rumor the kingpin sal joined how do we know its really him?

If so i would like to ask him if ridley is playable to end the debate.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
See look, people TOLD YOU it was obvious

But dangit, don't you people care about how SHULK PLAYS? What about the inevitable NEW STAGE THAT COMES WITH HIM

Come on, guys, knowing who's in isn't even half the battle! Not even a fourth! How quickly you forget where we are.
playstyle: have no idea and don't know the character but chances are that I won't care that much.

stage: the only stage I care is the theater from TTYD

music: no idea but heard it was good so I don't know what to expect.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Once again, a leak within a short time window of the news becoming public information.

It's obviously legitimate, but I take it this guy is not involved with the actual dev team.
My friend speculates that he is invovled with a marketing/promotional team due to the timing o the leaks, although that doesn't explain why the leaker didn't know Greninja, which would indicate the leaker was someone who saw the early planned roster.

Shroob

Sup?
Ok so whats going on

I still think its either shulk or ridley tomorrow

I heard a rumor the kingpin sal joined how do we know its really him?

If so i would like to ask him if ridley is playable to end the debate.
Sal's been here for a looooooooooong time and has talked to several moderators extensively. It's him.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
If Chorus Kids get announced tomorrow... Does that make Sal's source more credible for predicting yet another unexpected character, or less credible for the character not being Shulk?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
You're grasping at straws my man...
Not really it could easily happen.
A vet or something, who knows.

It seems like something that's just likely to happen as it is not to happen.

its a 3 minute trailer of Shulk swinging a sword shouting pls understnd.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I kind of wish all of the Gematsu characters would be revealed at once so they're out of the way at this point.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace

That's it! I'm done! It's not like I wanted to get hyped anyways! **** the hype!

Might as well rename this the "Shulk to be shown Monday" Thread!

Might as well have the Shulk section of the Character Discussion boards up and running by now!
I'M OUT!
It probably WILL be renamed to that.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ok i also heard shulk is locked.

Why i don't see proof? So far it still looks like sakurais ye old curveball.

EDIT: not buying it yet i need proof sal is not :troll: About the email. I will find out in the morning or later

Last edited:

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877

On the one hand, I agree. But seriously, in what unholy universe is it reasonable for a Smash fan to avoid Smash message boards or the internet for OVER AN ENTIRE YEAR?!

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Doesn't it make sense though? Earthbound was only released in America and the Mother franchise hasn't expanded past the third installment, which is rather old. The series doesn't seem to be that relevant anymore. Why does that warrant more than one character to represent the series? I'm not trying to sound discouraging, that's just how I perceive it.
Well you do have a point there. Oh it doesn't warrant Ness from being the only one! What I mean is that (well at least in my opinion anyways) it wouldn't hurt to have at least three mother characters. I don't see why not especially since I know that earthbound still has a pretty decent fan base (Not that big but it's a pretty good amount of people who like the games even though the games haven't reached here at all. Besides Earthbound. If that made any sense)

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
If Shulk isn't reveled tomorrow, I'm going to take my conspiracy theory that I jokingly made up that the Sakurai is the Gematsu leaker and that he's just messing with us. If he is, then any doubt in my mind about the leak being fake will be all but gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom