• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Wow, I came here at a bad time.

I was gonna post (2 hours ago) this:

But it seems the Gematsu leak has made all of you guys moody... Again.

My following question my not help the mood and I'm truly sorry if it doesn't but here's some food for thought: Is it really Sal's fault or is it OUR fault for letting it get to us? Why should we criticize the believes of others, especially in a game where almost anything is possible? Why is some "lucky" or "jerkass" leaker the cause of our destruction? (the answer for the last one is because we allow him to be).

Anyways, time for positivity. Isn't it amazing at how much hype 3 minutes create? This trailer is only going to be 3 minutes and yet there is so much hype in the air. I'm one of the people that will not mind who it is. I love the whole roster because each character is fantastic in a way that I might not think so, but someone else might. Whether it be Shulk, Sceptile, Ridley, Choir Boys, Dixie Kong, or even Lucina (a character I utterly despise), I will be happy and I will be ready to greet them with open arms. And if you don't like them... Hey. No big deal, just don't let it decide if you get the game or not. If you're in this side of the forum for ANY reason whatsoever, you want this game. (I can see it in your souls with my picture)

Edit: Also, don't let the Gematsu Leak put you down ONLY BECAUSE OF SHULK. He's been massively requested before even Palutena. Him making it in will not be surprise.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
If this turns out to be true hopefully Nintendo will catch on to Sal leaking info and have him shut the F up. That way we dont have to deal with any hype killing leaks. Lets not let this be the XY leaks all over again.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just realized. Lol. This guy has such a shoddy history of pinpointing his reveals though. I mean it took literally a whole year for half of his originally predicted characters to even be revealed. Why are we holding his reveal schedules to such a high ass standard?

Shroob

Sup?
If this turns out to be true hopefully Nintendo will catch on to Sal leaking info and have him shut the F up. That way we dont have to deal with any hype killing leaks. Lets not let this be the XY leaks all over again.
Well, there's not much left to leak from the sound of it. :p

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575

Well I'm done for the night. You could of just not said anything and not ruin everyones fun but as usual Sal's messengers had to kill the hype.

Of course that being said if this guy is really legit and not just second guessing cause everyone else is assuming its Shulk, rather than having any factual proof like the other leaks had.
You didn't have to be in the thread, you know...

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
Do you really want someone to get into legal trouble just to keep him from telling you things about video games?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Uh oh, I can smell the saltiness in this thread. And I dont think salt has a smell....

Well, I just finished up playing some Project M and CoD: Ghosts, so Im off to bed to wake up bright and early for the trailer! Have fun guys!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Uh oh, I can smell the saltiness in this thread. And I dont think salt has a smell....

Well, I just finished up playing some Project M and CoD: Ghosts, so Im off to bed to wake up bright and early for the trailer! Have fun guys!
Salt has an incredible smell. Sulphur.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
The difference is the major Melee and Brawl leaks were a month before release. And I'm still planning on leaving the boards to not be spoiled at that time.

But if the Gematsu leak are the only newcomers left like some people believe, then it's too late. When you think about it, it's pretty selfish and morally wrong to have leaked things as early as he did. That's why I hope that Sakurai finds out who he is and where he is so he'll get his just desserts...
Well if you really believe the Gematsu leak then you have plenty of time and hope left with DLC. Plenty of time to go dark before the games release with lots of surprises.

As for being immoral I don't know about that but we live in the age information. Things like this were bound to happen, a month in advance or a year, that doesn't change the outcome. And everyone one of us on this message board could have found a means to avoid the spoilers. I think it's silly to discuss and debate a leak that all of us probably seeked out and then get mad about it when it's proven to be true.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Also if for some off chance that Shulk isn't revealed tomorrow. Everyone PLEASE. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS BLESSED AND HOLY. Do NOT. I repeat DO NOT eat Sal Romano alive. PLEASE REMEMBER HE IS ONLY A MESSENGER.

It is NOT his fault.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There's more than 700 people in this thread? Good lord people... the announcement isn't for another 9 1/2 hours... Good to see a revival in hype after these boards got a case of hype botulism following E3 though.

D

Deleted member

I really hope that email is just someone faking and saying they're Sal. I'd hate it if the character is a Gematsu leak character, since all the hype would be diminished, and also, I'm not too particularly interested in any of the leak characters. (I question who in their right mind thought Chorus Kids would make a good moveset.)

Shroob

Sup?
I really hope that email is just someone faking and saying they're Sal. I'd hate it if the character is a Gematsu leak character, since all the hype would be diminished, and also, I'm not too particularly interested in any of the leak characters. (I question who in their right mind thought Chorus Kids would make a good moveset.)
That account belongs to the one and only Sal Romano.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Who in their right mind thought Wii Fit Trainer could have a moveset?
Oh right, Sakurai did.....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That account belongs to the one and only Sal Romano.
Oh... yep. Hype diminished.

Man... if only Sal kept the first leak and the first one only, we would've had at least a bit more hype. Now it's just gonna be "blah blah Shulk no one cares we already knew."

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Wow, I came here at a bad time.

I was gonna post (2 hours ago) this:

But it seems the Gematsu leak has made all of you guys moody... Again.

My following question my not help the mood and I'm truly sorry if it doesn't but here's some food for thought: Is it really Sal's fault or is it OUR fault for letting it get to us? Why should we criticize the believes of others, especially in a game where almost anything is possible? Why is some "lucky" or "jerkass" leaker the cause of our destruction? (the answer for the last one is because we allow him to be).

Anyways, time for positivity. Isn't it amazing at how much hype 3 minutes create? This trailer is only going to be 3 minutes and yet there is so much hype in the air. I'm one of the people that will not mind who it is. I love the whole roster because each character is fantastic in a way that I might not think so, but someone else might. Whether it be Shulk, Sceptile, Ridley, Choir Boys, Dixie Kong, or even Lucina (a character I utterly despise), I will be happy and I will be ready to greet them with open arms. And if you don't like them... Hey. No big deal, just don't let it decide if you get the game or not. If you're in this side of the forum for ANY reason whatsoever, you want this game. (I can see it in your souls with my picture)

Edit: Also, don't let the Gematsu Leak put you down ONLY BECAUSE OF SHULK. He's been massively requested before even Palutena. Him making it in will not be surprise.
Oh it's absolutely our fault. Do we care? Probably not. I don't at least. The only person whose beliefs I personally criticise is Sakurai's lol, because I feel that some of his choices for characters are whack yo. ...And that's why Shulk hasn't got me down. The chance of Gematsu being wrong is <1% at this rate. Got nothing against Shulk, I just sigh as the leak looks more and more true as time goes by which means more and more characters I'm not interested in (or in the case of Shulk, characters who I'm not familiar with) making it in.

So that brings me to my next point; should I be excited that another character with a (presumably) unique and interesting playstyle/moveset got in the game? Yes, yes I should. The only issue here is that I'd rather play as a character I want in the game (eg. Robin) who is also fun to play as, than someone who I don't care about who is fun to play as. I just wanted something that suits me better, that's all. I'll end up trying out Shulk, along with all of the other newcomers except the Chorus Men, don't you worry about that.

Am I being selfish? Maybe. But I don't think anyone (except maybe 3 people in the Amazon jungle) wanted the Chorus Men in before Gematsu said anything about it. Sakurai is doing what he does best, making himself laugh.

TL;DR - It's Sakurai's fault, not Shulk's or Sal's or the leaker's.

Last edited:

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
Since it's obviously going to be Shulk, I wonder what will be shown in the 3 minutes and why the need to livestream something for such a short time.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Question: Who is Shulk?
A question most people outside of this board and various others will probably be asking for some time to come to be honest. The general public is just going to see another guy with a cool sword tomorrow I'm afraid. :laugh:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Im wasting my 1400th post to say:

What if saw all of the buzz about Shulk on the internet, and completely bs'd Shulks introduction and revealed a different newcomer instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom