• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Anyway, interacting with a lot of people in NC has taught me a ton about people in general(not just ones from Shelby who are nice and southern) and about myself. Gaining confidence in myself as well as learning how to handle a position of (semi) authority are two major character developments that one does not just come by. They must be earned or regularly sought out, and I was very very fortunate to get those experiences also playing a game I love with people I enjoy. I deeply value the lessons I have learned, and hope to take everything this community has provided for me in any and every area of life I get to experience afterward.
Real talk, with the exception of the Shelby line, I feel like I've said this about my experience in gaming (first rhythm games then Smash) quite a bit.

In short, good stuff. <3

PS: I hate you for not playing me at TGM.
PSS: Teach Alex how to fight Marth, I was doing stuff to him.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Twitch does alright vs my Marth but only sometimes because he does incredibly me-specific things. He needs to play more Melee vs everyone else and learn how to apply what's going on vs me against everyone else. I'll see what I can do though. He's sick atm.

And I would have played at TGM if I wasn't trying to get my Brawl swag on more. F that though LOL time to prepare for Melee majors and I need to play vs everyone and practice stuff. Def at NCSU. =)

@PLUR: If you're comin to NCSU then you should enter. It's not like you'd be the worst one entering as you have great ideas and solid experience over time so it would just be about entering because that's what you do at a smash gathering first of all, as well as improving yourself so that you continually do better in tourneys in the future. If you don't get much from them then you can talk to me about it(preferably at NCSU!) and we can work that out. =)

vZakat

Half Genie
I won't be able to get to state in time for the tourney but I should be there later to play friendlies. Even though I'm super busy, I still want to get good at this game...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That's a rather broad question, but I'll take a shot at it.

Falcon essentially intimidates his opponents by threatening with his speed. DD'ing is the common way to intimidate through speed, but throwing out moves(moving or in place) establishes a kind of wall or threatening presence as well that tends to halt most approaches and allow Falcon to establish some control over the pace of the match(Nair has an insanely hard to beat hitbox sticking out going backwards, for example). Being able to throw in fast platform movement that extends all of these moves and jump tricks which are hard to follow, Falcon cannot quite exactly go all out like a spacy at times but his defensive and generally quick options and big moves allow him to switch the game up when he feels like it at a moment's notice.

And of course DD grab. =p

Does that help?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well most of his stuff combos pretty easily but remembering to CC often and DI down and away on Uairs(and really far up and out for first hit Nair at least so the second one misses) are good ways to get started on surviving that though.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
how does fox get the grab on falco?
Usually the grab isn't direct. Hitting Falco first then grabbing or conditioning Falco to think his shield will be hit/pressured and then grabbing are the best ways to get it. Also tech chase grabbing if you count that.

Do you want specifics?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If you want to approach then I suggest doing it between lasers or in such a way that you hit Falco during the time he is airborne shooting a laser. FHs/DJs/platforms all give good Bair/Nair angles for achieving this angle(aside from Fair, Falco has nothing to protect that forward diagonal spot and that trade isnt something Falco will/should look for). Really though I'd say a lot of it is drawing him into lasering a little less then nailing him from ground or high level, because when Falco has to stop to read you then you get the chance to abuse your better character traits on him.

Pressuring is phenomenal vs Falco, so that's a great goal. Poking is just about as good as Falco won't have many responses to that(laser isn't safe that close and he can't even DD so Dair is usually all he has unless he like FHs but that is getting covered more these days). A lot of depends on the opportunities Falco makes through his laser game so sometimes you have to settle for what is less preferable to you. I don't play it enough with Fox to know which is better for sure but you can transition between the two quite nicely so it shouldn't make a huge difference anyway.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
does camping the top platform work well on stages with 3?
It tends to stalemate things more than actually do anything, but on most of those stages the top platform is a viable bait/waveland bair approach mechanism if nothing else.

If you stick to hard camping it then maybe it'd work pretty well, though the other boring response to that is to just go up and shoot you instead of approach. You can decide how worth it that is I guess lol.

Top Bottom