• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread!

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
This
When did you start rushing me down twitch?
Only things I remember are running and uthrow uair.
YEAHHHHH FOX
i don't remember you ever stopping.

:ganondorf:
woooow

gettin gayed extra hard now.

and i mean like laser camp at the edge > bthrow > shine > shine

you guys think i was playing gay before???? you don't KNOW gay.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yo theo link me to the results thread when it comes out LOL

Also great job! Wish you had taken it from fuzzy or prof but that's still mad legit!

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Yo theo link me to the results thread when it comes out LOL

Also great job! Wish you had taken it from fuzzy or prof but that's still mad legit!
Well, fuzz sent me to losers and then beat me in losers, so i didnt have much opportunity to play prof.

fuzz is ****ing good

also, prof is good, but i was only able to play like 3 friendlies with him [destroying me] before pools were called

then i had to leave cuz my ride left right after fuzz beat me again

Also, you should see the multitude of posts following the results wrought with confusion

i doubt there will be a results thread; that thread kinda acts as the results thread

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
fox

their top players have good secondaries, but idk what they are

edit: sorry double post; no idea how that happened cuz i only hit the button once and it told be to wait 15 seconds before i posted again

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
fox

their top players have good secondaries, but idk what they are

also, pal sheik is kinda janky..

i actually like the spacie matchups; the down throw looks bad at first, but it allows for some cool options for tech coverage and the way i tech chase, i can gain stage control in a sorta weird way with its trajectory.

against characters like doc/mario, samus, and marth, where ntsc sheik dominates with the fear of down throw, throws become a little less scary to the opponent because they can usually di away to minimize punishment. i liked that this forced me to think outside the box and actually learn the matchups outside of d-throw. not that i hadnt tried to do that before, but the handicap was welcome

ive watched amsah's sheik a lot and was able to [successfully] try out a lot of the ideas i had for pal sheik while watching his videos.

while PAL is fine overall, there a few things i absolutely cant stand about it:

marth's dair is a meteor - wtf u have to work so hard to be able to spike someone; perfect spacing, perfect comboing, ability to get back to the stage after its massive windup lag, and then they meteor immediately?

sheik's upsmash not as strong - :((((((((((((( cool combos arent so cool if they dont kill

absolutely no changes to peach or jiggs, and falcon's gentleman is auto - gay lol

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Marth's Dair being a meteor def makes me super sad too haha.

I really like your reaction to Sheik's Dthrow though, that's probably the best way to handle the change. =)

Did you enjoy not dying to Fox upsmash at like 90 though? =p

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Marth's Dair being a meteor def makes me super sad too haha.

I really like your reaction to Sheik's Dthrow though, that's probably the best way to handle the change. =)

Did you enjoy not dying to Fox upsmash at like 90 though? =p
Happened once on FD playing prof. I was like "wtf im alive??" and he said "yeah, you wouldve died from that in america; i wish we had fox's up smash." Funny, cuz i wish we didnt :p

I know people die earlier from UpSmash in NTSC, but is it thaaaaaaaaaaat much worse in PAL?
umm, idk how much worse is is, but that doesnt make me any less sad

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
Theo, what tourney did you go to? That is so g'damn BOSS that you played EURO people studying abroad.

while PAL is fine overall, there a few things i absolutely cant stand about it:

marth's dair is a meteor - wtf u have to work so hard to be able to spike someone; perfect spacing, perfect comboing, ability to get back to the stage after its massive windup lag, and then they meteor immediately?

sheik's upsmash not as strong - :((((((((((((( cool combos arent so cool if they dont kill

absolutely no changes to peach or jiggs, and falcon's gentleman is auto - gay lol

I agree with the first two. I like Sheik's u-smash tip being so powerful, and Marth NEEDS that spike. So necessary for the aesthetic of the character.

The primary, necessary thing to make Sheik's aesthetic better in NTSC is to strip her of the d-throw gayness. She would be such a cooler character without that advantage.

However... There SHOULDN'T be changes for Peach/Jiggz.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
Theo, what tourney did you go to? That is so g'damn BOSS that you played EURO people studying abroad.

I agree with the first two. I like Sheik's u-smash tip being so powerful, and Marth NEEDS that spike. So necessary for the aesthetic of the character.

The primary, necessary thing to make Sheik's aesthetic better in NTSC is to strip her of the d-throw gayness. She would be such a cooler character without that advantage.

However... There SHOULDN'T be changes for Peach/Jiggz.
You said it better than I did.

And yeah, i cant think of any reasonable changes to peach or jiggs, but the sheik/peach mu just feels gay in peach's favor (no way for me to prove that). and i cant even imagine playing sheik vs puff in pal. just....no.

i realize that im completely biased here

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
We realize it as well, Theo. It's expected, and your friends expect such self-awareness.

And, uhh...

It just doesn't seem necessary to me to make any changes to Peach or Jigglypuff.

This goes especially for Jigglypuff, who, IMO, can be argued for the #1 position on the NTSC tier list (along with four other characters).

Peach, if anything, could be made a little better, though I fear that even minor tweaks can tip a character out of balance.... So, I don't think that I have the wisdom to describe what specifically needs changing. Perhaps making U-air and D-air more combo-friendly, but increasing the knockback of another fast option to compensate for removing a kill move.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
We realize it as well, Theo. It's expected, and your friends expect such self-awareness.

And, uhh...

It just doesn't seem necessary to me to make any changes to Peach or Jigglypuff.

This goes especially for Jigglypuff, who, IMO, can be argued for the #1 position on the NTSC tier list (along with four other characters).

Peach, if anything, could be made a little better, though I fear that even minor tweaks can tip a character out of balance.... So, I don't think that I have the wisdom to describe what specifically needs changing. Perhaps making U-air and D-air more combo-friendly, but increasing the knockback of another fast option to compensate for removing a kill move.
If Jigglypuff can be argued for #1 along with those others, then doesn't that mean she should get a nerf as well in the transition to PAL?

Uair is pretty great for Peach combos LOL but I see what you're saying.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
No, I am saying if all of the other characters in contention for #1 were nerfed, then I would think it could follow that Puff, who is also in contention for #1, should be nerfed as well.

At least in the transition between games, keep in mind. <3 NTSC's jank

Mahone

Smash Champion
He said it could be argued that puff is a candidate for first, which is true. Everyone thinks their main blows lol
no its not... i mean you could technically argue that pichu is a candidate for first, but i think the only top player that would even suggest that is m2k and thats only when the puff is planking according to him

Top Bottom