• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Idea for the Brawl Character Selection

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
WOW...I have never read so much freakin spam...
Neither have I heard so many derogatory comments on homosexuals and mentally challenged individuals.

@Phantom7 If that weren't bad enough...MY SINGLE BIGGEST PET PEEVE 0N SWF is when people double post!!!! And your dumb*** has done it MULTIPLE times and even TRIPLE FREAKIN POSTED!!! How many posts did you start this thread with? Zero? Cause I can see you posting as many posts as you have total in this one thread with as many times as you've double posted! Please stop being freakin dumb. Remember that you always have a choice.

And for the love of God please stop spelling so horribly! It hurts my head to read such poor grammer.

As for your post itself:
Charade...dude it's not gonna happen. I'll spare you all the reasons everyone has already told you hundreds of times and just tell you the main reason. Charade is a copycat...Sakurai has said that they'll have 1-2 more 3rd party characters. So why would they waste it on Charade? I believe you had both Sonic and Megaman on your list. I think that fills your 1-2 3rd party characters right there. Not to mention their both more deserving than Charade is. The argument everyone has said about ditto, and I believe I heard Doopliss thrown around too, is although I would not want them...they don't waste a 3rd party character spot.

Waluigi...I'm sorry...I don't even have rational reasoning against him...I just hope he dies...horribly. Waluigi is just dumb. You can choose to ignore this if you want because this is only me not wanting him and not me giving you reasons.

As for Snake being unlockable...that was stated by Sakurai quite awhile ago...I am however uncertain of where. Metaknight will probably be unlockable also since we have yet to see and update of him yet. The fact that we've seen his moveset in the special moves update probably proves that he'll not be updated. This probably means that everyone who has had an update is a starter. No proof of course but plenty of support for this theory.

There are other problems I had with your list but I'll not comment on each of them since not all are completely impossible. I may not like everyone on the list but I think they may have chances.

The only other thing I would like to say is that you should not say things that you haven't researched. DK is not middleweight! He is the 2nd heaviest character! Ganondorf who you seem to think is as heavy as Bowser (who is the heaviest) is actually the 4th heaviest...under Samus! If you don't believe me here http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/file/516492/16340

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
Aipom? What?

Anyways, truce. I'm glad we can finish this argument. Also, you're right. I checked the first page of this thread, and it started off with telling you how you fail. I'm sorry, friends?

As for your list, I think some of it's pretty good. Pictures of characters would be pretty good, as how a character looks is usually a factor for me. And you have Megaman, which is a definite plus. 7/10.

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
im actually Phantom7. no kidding. i made another account (but its top secret how i got it to work) but sadly i got banned. :urg: so until I get unbanned, this will be my account. And after that, I'll prove it to you guys by saying that we really are the same person. And for Goopygoo and everyone else, I just want to say that im really sorry for the mean things I said. But now that I know the rules and I got banned, I'll never do it again. And I'm lucky I was able to create a second account.

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
Aipom? What?

Anyways, truce. I'm glad we can finish this argument. Also, you're right. I checked the first page of this thread, and it started off with telling you how you fail. I'm sorry, friends?

As for your list, I think some of it's pretty good. Pictures of characters would be pretty good, as how a character looks is usually a factor for me. And you have Megaman, which is a definite plus. 7/10.
thanks. Yeah, we can be friends. And now I got pictures. Just look at the 1st page and you'll notice something different...

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
Hm...the picture seems somewhat...small. Where did you upload it at?
Small? Are you sure? You can't possibly mean the character selection screen I made. It takes up more than the whole screen on my computer. Well, unless you're just being sarcastic... oh yeah, I uploaded it from photobucket.com (not trying to advertise) I used The GIMP to make it. I'm not trying to advertise it, but it's really good.

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
Aight, I got a score for ya: 8/10! I decided to take one point off each for not including my faves, but I'm just picky;)

btw...you said you don't know who Lucario and Geno are, right? Here are the links to their threads, if you're interested...
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=78162
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72298
It's okay. I figured out who they are. I'd say they'd be okay in Brawl, but not the best. Even thought Luicario would be better than Geno. But everyone's entitled to their own opinion. Not bad choices, really.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Charade? This is absolutely ridiculous, and if there was a Soul Calibur respective, it would have to be Nightmare. AND Sonic, Megaman and Geno are more popular to be characters. But we have other characters like Dooplis and Ditto, which have an ability to copy things...
Actually, Sigfried, because Nightmare is just-to gorey-looking. OR Ivy.

AND Charade is a light weight character, even when he uses Hvy Char.'s movesets. Xianghua & Taki would look ******** running slow.

Maybe a Nintendo represenitive could be the random fighter. Like, Mr. Game&Watch or a Mii.

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
@Phantom71, You can see the Multiquote button right?

And after you do post you can hit that really neat edit button:)
This "magical" button...get this..."magically" appears only on your posts.
Now I know what you're thinking:

"WOW...no way...GTFO...are you pulling my leg?!
Such a "magical" button? And just for me?!"

Well friend I'm here to tell you that it's for real!
Sometimes...what we want to hear is true!
Take this for instance:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHgZIrHZpVw:laugh:

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
It is very small, but not in the way you think I mean. I mean it's small as though it took some of Wonderland's special pills and shrunk. Look at your first post, you'll see what I mean.
Oh, are you talking about the characters by themselves? Yeah, I had to shrink those. The full selection would be HUGE if I didn't.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh, are you talking about the characters by themselves? Yeah, I had to shrink those. The full selection would be HUGE if I didn't.
No. He's saying that the picture of the Brawl roster you posted is extremely small in your first post. It physically looks like it's only about a hundred pixels high and wide. Did you upload the picture in photobucket? Because that site does automatically resize really large images.

EDIT: Just read a few posts back, and it looks like you did use photobucket. Try using imageshack.us for really huge pictures.

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
No. He's saying that the picture of the Brawl roster you posted is extremely small in your first post. It physically looks like it's only about a hundred pixels high and wide. Did you upload the picture in photobucket? Because that site does automatically resize really large images.

EDIT: Just read a few posts back, and it looks like you did use photobucket. Try using imageshack.us for really huge pictures.
Wait. Do you mean the size of the picture ON photobucket?

Cinder

Smash Master
What? Thats huge! I seriously don't know what you;re talking about. It takes up the whole screen on my computer.
I took the liberty of measuring the exact pixel count of the picture...on my computer (and everyone else's, apparently) it's 100x81. I found a good c.s.s. that is 840x597. Try to shoot for that size.

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
Okay. We have 2 computers with internet at my house. On the newer one, it looks small. I know why that happened. There was some kind of glitch on photobucket where it wouldn't resize my image.

Cinder

Smash Master
Well, since I can't edit my first post because my other account's been banned:urg: I'll show you the picture here:

Nope, still too small...

Okay. We have 2 computers with internet at my house. On the newer one, it looks small. I know why that happened. There was some kind of glitch on photobucket where it wouldn't resize my image.
Try another host site...like Imageshack

Seriously, I think you have a decent character screen (mumblemumblenoLucariomumblemumble) and I'd like to actually see it. I tried saving it to my computer and zooming, but it blurs way to soon for me to see it...

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
Nope, still too small...

Try another host site...like Imageshack

Seriously, I think you have a decent character screen (mumblemumblenoLucariomumblemumble) and I'd like to actually see it. I tried saving it to my computer and zooming, but it blurs way to soon for me to see it...
I tried Imageshack, but I couldn't find out how to upload images. All it did was give me links to other websites.

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
Meh...I usually don't go to those kind of sites anyway...at least I tried...maybe someone else could be more helpful...from what I can see, it looks pretty good...nice photoshop;)
Well, actually I used The GIMP, but thanks. Everytime I put it on here from photobucket, it puts it like way smaller than it really is. I can't figure out why.

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
I just put the picture back on there, so does it look bigger? Because I can't tell because I'm using my older computer. On this one, it looks big so I really can't tell.

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
Okay, now it works perfectly for me. It looks pretty good, actually![/QUOT

Thanks, but I think I kinda messed up rendering that Super Smash Logo. Dang, I can't really fix that now :confused: And I've been thinking about it, and Charade just doesn't seem like the kind of character to appear on Brawl. But it'd take a while to change that.

Cinder

Smash Master
Okay, now it works perfectly for me. It looks pretty good, actually!
Same here! It looks pretty good! There are a couple of unusual character choices, but I'm not gonna complain...it looks awesome!

Kentalicious: You're kidding right? You want Pichu back just because some pro made a good video? So what? I've seen some really good G&W vids, but I don't want G&W in Brawl...t0mmy can just switch to Pikachu...no major difference...

Phantom: About Charade...(yeah, I just now saw that part of your last post) don't worry, he wasn't the worst idea (Cooking Mama, anyone?), and everyone makes mistakes...

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
Look at this. I did a little something to my character selection. But I won't be able to change the first page until Wednesday when I get my account back. So here it is:

I added Darkrai and Nightmare and took out King Boo and Charade. You guys were right about Charade. Plus- Nightmare would be a good character for the last character you unlock. And he's probably better for a heavyweight than Charade.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I highly doubt a namco rep would go to Nightmare...

...It would probably go to Pacman

And no Geno!?!!?!??!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Meh, your list just seems very improbable, and I'd be thoroughly disappointed if that's the character selection we got.

Nightmare, do you seriously think he'll make it? Waluigi, no. (that is all that needs to be said.) Roy, is probably not going to return. It's even worse that you took out Marth, who was the actual non clone character in Melee. Darkrai or Lucario. I'll spare you there, as I haven't played the fourth generation. Still, Lucario seems more probable to me. Young Link returning, but no WW Link? Ouch to the WW Link fans. Young Link shouldn't return unless he is WW Link with a COMPLETELY new moveset. Zant, I'd rather see Skull Kid. Zant only appeared in one game, Skull Kid has appeared in several.

k.k.slider25

Smash Rookie
I hope that if ridey is playable he isn't vastly overpowerd compared to other characters just b/c he's so awesome.

Top Bottom