• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Idea for the Brawl Character Selection

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
Meh, your list just seems very improbable, and I'd be thoroughly disappointed if that's the character selection we got.

Nightmare, do you seriously think he'll make it? Waluigi, no. (that is all that needs to be said.) Roy, is probably not going to return. It's even worse that you took out Marth, who was the actual non clone character in Melee. Darkrai or Lucario. I'll spare you there, as I haven't played the fourth generation. Still, Lucario seems more probable to me. Young Link returning, but no WW Link? Ouch to the WW Link fans. Young Link shouldn't return unless he is WW Link with a COMPLETELY new moveset. Zant, I'd rather see Skull Kid. Zant only appeared in one game, Skull Kid has appeared in several.
Well are there any characters you do like? Because you only named a few, and there are 40 characters up there. And on the first page, I DID say Young Link will have a new moveset, but I'm sorry, WW Link fans, I just can't stand the graphics on WW Link. That's not really what I expect to see in Brawl. And Roy over Marth because, well, what's the differemce anyway? I've always liked Roy better, plus- I like the fire sword better than the dolphin sword. Zant is also newer than Skullkid, and there needs to be something good in there from Twilight Princess. And Lucario seems kind of random, even if he was one of the first new pokemon announced for Diamond and Pearl. I looked at some new legendary pokemon, and Darkrai just seemed like the best choice. But let's try not to start another arguement.

Saph66

Smash Journeyman
Err, I think Marth needs to be back in there, as he is the first lord of all fire emblem games, he deserves it. Also, classic Megaman or atleast Megaman from newer games like ZX deserves to be in Brawl way more than Megaman.Exe

Phantom71

Smash Rookie
Err, I think Marth needs to be back in there, as he is the first lord of all fire emblem games, he deserves it. Also, classic Megaman or atleast Megaman from newer games like ZX deserves to be in Brawl way more than Megaman.Exe
Well I tried to get the newest Mega Man, but I couldn't find any good pictures. They were all cartoon. So I just got an action figure and made it look like video game graphics with GIMP.

HZ514

Smash Cadet
No offense to you, but I have many problems with your...list.

1. (#1 because Ganondorf's my favorite character) Ganondorf doesn't need a new moveset (he also doesn't need to keep his old one). It might've been made as a copy of Falcon's, but at least it makes sense on Ganondorf. Falcon's in a race car the whole time, and yet he has huge fiery attacks? The only changes I would like seeing for Ganondorf are replacing that useless (albeit funny when you hit someone) warlock punch with the balls he launches at Link. To be honest, Falcon doesn't even need to be in Brawl. The F-Zero guys friggin' raced cars, and they never fought with each other. This brings me to...

2. (#2 because of the great transition I just used) F-Zero most definitely does not need another representative. Deathborn, whoever that is (Falcon has enough clout for me to know who he is without ever playing F-Zero, this guy doesn't), can have fun racing his car around a track. He, like Falcon, has no place in Brawl, except to represent F-Zero, which Falcon can have fun doing while no one plays him.

3. "Alternatives: Master Chief"...No. That's an insult to SSB to include Master Chief, who has no affiliation with Nintendo at all. I can see Sonic/Megaman/Nightmare, who're all decent choices, but not MC. You can pretend he made he made it in and then was banned for steroid use.

4. Darkrai? Really? If you ignore the fact that no one could get him except by hacking, he's just not important enough to be playable. Poke ball? Sure. But not playable. Mewtwo got in because there was a friggin (good, no lies) movie (the first and the best) about him. Pikachu got in because...duh. Jigglypuff got in because she was a running gag in the series, but she's not too important. Pichu...everyone makes mistakes, right? I like the Lucario alternative, though. He's completely different from Pikachu and Mewtwo, and he had a decent movie about him. He's got (fairly interesting) backstory, unlike Darkrai. If another pokemon is needed, I'd choose either Lucario or Meowth, but between those two, definitely Lucario.

5. Bowser Jr. and Waluigi have NO place in Brawl. I was disappointed when I saw that Wario is in for some reason (I'm explaining it to myself with the fact that WarioWare was awesome and they want to remind people to buy that) because he's not important, at all. Outside of Mario, [Luigi, I guess], Peach, and Bowser (not coincidentally the lineup in Super Paper Mario), none of the Mario Tennis/Party/Whatever characters belong in Brawl. They have MP8 and so on to have fun in, save Brawl for the all-stars of the Nintendo franchises, with no scrubs allowed.

There was some good stuff, though. =D

1. I have a soft spot for Geno, because I absolutely loved Super Mario RPG, which is why I'm mentioning this as a good thing. Alas I can't see him being more than an assist trophy.

2. Ridley does sound awesome. That, way villains would be present from all the major Nintendo series (Mario, Zelda, and Metroid) that aren't Pokemon.

3. That's a sweet looking character selection screen. Tweaking it along with the criticisms I've already stated, and it'd be perfect in my eyes.

Of course, this is all just my opinion. Whether I agree with you or not, still, nice post. ;)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Stuff
Yeah I am going to have to dissagree with you saying Geno should be an AT...

There aren't going to be 3rd pary At's and Geno's chances are high...

And saying something about Ganondorf's moveset not being changed...No, he needs to be changed.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
No offense to you, but I have many problems with your...list.

1. (#1 because Ganondorf's my favorite character) Ganondorf doesn't need a new moveset (he also doesn't need to keep his old one). It might've been made as a copy of Falcon's, but at least it makes sense on Ganondorf. Falcon's in a race car the whole time, and yet he has huge fiery attacks? The only changes I would like seeing for Ganondorf are replacing that useless (albeit funny when you hit someone) warlock punch with the balls he launches at Link. To be honest, Falcon doesn't even need to be in Brawl. The F-Zero guys friggin' raced cars, and they never fought with each other. This brings me to...

Captain Falcon was in the First Smash, way before Melee was created where Ganondorf was playable. Those were Captain Falcon's original moves created by the creators of Smash. Ganondorf needs a new unique moveset, Captain Falcon doesn't need to change the attacks that were made for him.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Stuff
Yeah I am going to have to dissagree with you saying Geno should be an AT...

There aren't going to be 3rd pary At's and Geno's chances are high...

And saying something about Ganondorf's moveset not being changed...No, he needs to be changed.
Exactly. (About Ganondorf's moveset) And in that post HZ514 had, he said Ganondorf doesn't need a new moveset but he doesn't need to keep his old one. That doesn't make any sesne.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I don't even know who some of those people are and don't actually see why they would be good characters.

I'm not going to say you fail, but you do not win.

6/10

-Onyx

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I have an announcement to make. The list will change sometime soon. A few characters will be taken out, and the charcter selection screen will look slightly different. And this list will probably be better.

Cinder

Smash Master
I have an announcement to make. The list will change sometime soon. A few characters will be taken out, and the charcter selection screen will look slightly different. And this list will probably be better.
Cool...I can't wait...and I promise not to flame you;)...granted there are certain characters I want in *coughlucarioandgenocough*, but with Sonic and Pit, I'm content...

btw...Phantom7...I love that location...random, I know, but I'm easily amused...*watches shiny object*....ooooooohh...shiny...

...Where was I? Oh, yeah...can't wait to see your new selection screen...just a tip...follow the one portion we've seen (the character panel/name)...

*Sees shiny object*...oooooohh...*leaves in pursuit of shiny object*....

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
-ANNOUNCEMENT-

the list has been updated. i have added:
New characters
New edited Smash Bros Dojo Character page
New character select screen
Newcomer movesets (not finished and I will need some ideas for some of the characters)
Falco, Ganondorf, and Young Link's new movesets
Pictures for every character

Please enjoy my thread now that it has been changed.

Cinder

Smash Master
Hmm...not bad...you got Krystal, so that's good...but if I were you, I'd make two little switches...a) Switch Shadow for Geno (sorry, but I don't expect to see a third party franchise get multiple reps), and b) Switch Darkrai for Lucario (Lucario's more well-known)...but that's just imo...I think it's fine...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Ew. Ganondorf NEEDS a new move set. His old move-set didn't represent his character at all. The only time we ever saw Ganondorf use " purple magic" was the wave of energy he fired at Link in OOT.
Ganon has a wide variety of techniques from different games to choose from to fully represent his character.
His melee moveset was good for Falcon, but utterly horrible for Ganondorf.

Top Bottom