• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Idea for the Brawl Character Selection

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Yoshi was made for Tekken. The same people, Namco, make Tekken and Soul Calibur, and Soul Calibur is a weapon-based fighting game, so Yoshimitsu crossed over.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
why does every newb want sonic :|
I'd hate to start a debate, but his inclusion is almost secured. Sakurai said there would be two more third parties, and Sonic is a pretty important third party character. And Mario and Sonic are going to have that Olympics game together. Whether you like him or not, it's hard to deny his inclusion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not to poke holes in your well-made arguement (no sarcasm there), I would just like to let you know Yoshimitsu is from Tekken. He was a guest appearance in Soul Calibur.
The Yoshimitsu in Tekken and Soul Calibur are different characters...

one is decended from the other if I recall

NeoSoul

Smash Journeyman
I'd hate to start a debate, but his inclusion is almost secured. Sakurai said there would be two more third parties, and Sonic is a pretty important third party character. And Mario and Sonic are going to have that Olympics game together. Whether you like him or not, it's hard to deny his inclusion.
to be honest I have never liked sonic, I think i played his games out of pure curiousity, theres just too much hype.... and people actually believe it...:ohwell: sonic has appeared in nintendo consoles but it would not upset me in the least bit if he was never even mentioned within the confines of the game... but since you want to be right so bad, expect a mess of 'spindash' based repertoire at his disposal..... so lame....:psycho:

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
And you haven't explained putting in Charade over Ditto. Ditto's better for a few reasons.

1) Ditto can do everything Charade can, and moreso.
2) Charade has appeared playable in one game. His only other appearance was as a generic hidden enemy in SC3
3) Ditto is a first party character. Why waste a third party slot on Charade when Ditto can do the same exact thing?
4) Ditto is more popular and well known.
5) If anybody appears from Soul Caliber, it'll be Nightmare, Ivy, or Yoshimitsu.
6) The only good ideas in that list are Sonic, Megaman, and the confirmed characters.

So please, STFU and GTFO.
like i said before (but obviously ur 2 ******** to understand it) ditto would be just like ANY character. u might as well just push a random button on the character screen. and plus-i still dont think ur reading the descriptions. and im not gonna sit here and repost them so u can see them. cuz theres a reason why i want charade over other soul calibur characters. cuz he can change weapons! he could use Nightmare Ivy and raphaels weapons-plus his. and i also chose him cuz we need more heavyweights. in melee there r 2 heavyweights- Bowser and Ganondorf. if this is the selection, well also have charade deathborn king dedede and zant as heavyweights. and DITTO is not cool. NOT COOL!! charade IS pretty cool u gotta admit. and if i were sakuri, i wouldnt put lame characters like ditto in there. but usually villains ARE cool. but theyre not all villains. i really dont see whats wrong with it. i balanced it by having 2 new mario chars, (not including grodus cuz he replaces drmario) 2 non nintendo chars, 1 new star fox, zelda, metroid, fzero, and kirby char-plus a soul calibur character. and i tried to make them good choices like zant king dedede and all them. try to think about all the other characters from those groups. theyre obviously good choices. i mean they might not b the best cuz everyone has different opinions.
and hey- u cant tell me shut up and get out. this is MY thread

Cinder

Smash Master
like i said before (but obviously ur 2 ******** to understand it) ditto would be just like ANY character. u might as well just push a random button on the character screen. and plus-i still dont think ur reading the descriptions. and im not gonna sit here and repost them so u can see them. cuz theres a reason why i want charade over other soul calibur characters. cuz he can change weapons! he could use Nightmare Ivy and raphaels weapons-plus his. and i also chose him cuz we need more heavyweights. in melee there r 2 heavyweights- Bowser and Ganondorf. if this is the selection, well also have charade deathborn king dedede and zant as heavyweights. and DITTO is not cool. NOT COOL!! charade IS pretty cool u gotta admit. and if i were sakuri, i wouldnt put lame characters like ditto in there. but usually villains ARE cool. but theyre not all villains. i really dont see whats wrong with it. i balanced it by having 2 new mario chars, (not including grodus cuz he replaces drmario) 2 non nintendo chars, 1 new star fox, zelda, metroid, fzero, and kirby char-plus a soul calibur character. and i tried to make them good choices like zant king dedede and all them. try to think about all the other characters from those groups. theyre obviously good choices. i mean they might not b the best cuz everyone has different opinions.
Uhh..I'm sorry, but I didn't realize DK was a lightweight
Oh, and Ditto's cool! How DARE you say it isn't!
...Hey, you still haven't explained leaving Lucario and Geno out *makes pouty face (again)*

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
YOUR thread? Last I checked, the owner of SWF owns all of these threads. Also, you have 3 non Nintendo characters: Sonic, Megaman, Charade. And Ditto would definately be better than Charade. And like I said, Charade is COMPLETELY UNIMPORTANT TO THE ONE GAME HE'S PLAYABLE IN. It's like saying that you would want...heck, I can't think of any characters as unimportant as Charade that aren't generic enemies. That says something. If you ask me, Ivy would be a much better choice. She has her own weapons, and her own attacks. We don't need Charade to come sporting attacks that other characters can already use. He would also, as I've already stated, waste one of our precious few third party slots. And that would be bad.

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice
HAHA I love this debate...

I'm going to sadly agree with the other guys though kiddo...Waluigi? No. God no. He has no use in this game besides "completing" the brothers series. He has never had a really big role either...pretty much it's just not a good idea

As for Charade or whoever this is...never even heard of 'em...and if Namco were to put someone in I would think it'd be their mascot...not a Soul Calibur character...

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Phantom7
Grodus (Replaces Dr. Mario)
How is Grodus a Dr. Mario replacement?

Phantom7
Waluigi:
Some people might think he's lame
He is.

Phantom7
but he'd be a perfect addition to Brawl.
No he wouldn't.

Phantom7
He could use moves with tennis raquets, piranha plants, golf clubs, and more.
So could Daisy. So could Toad. So could anyone else who's ever been in a Mario sports game. If that's the best you can come up with, I'm not impressed.

Phantom7
Wolf:
Well, what other Star Fox villain could make it into Brawl?
How about none?

Phantom7
Zant:
I'd definitely rather have Zant, the false Twilight King rather than Wolf Link, Skullkid, or Midna.
Don't get your hopes up.

Phantom7
And for final smash, he could cover the entire stage in twilight, turning everyone into Twilight creatures where they can't move, and attack!
Why would they make his FS unavoidable?

Phantom7
Charade:
One thing Brawl really needs is another heavyweight character.
And Charade isn't it.

Phantom7
It would also be nice to see a Soul Calibur character appear, wouldn't it?
Not if it's Charade.

Phantom7
You might be wondering why I didn't choose Raphael, Nightmare, or Ivy.
...or Sigfried, Talim, Astaroth, Kilik, Li Long, or pretty much anybody else that's not Charade.

Phantom7
But if you think about it, Raphael and Ivy are alot like Marth and Ike.
How is Ivy anything like Marth and Ike?

Phantom7
And Nightmare's kind of like Bowser or Ganondorf.
No he isn't.

Phantom7
Instead of having Raphael, Nightmare, and Ivy, Charade could actually use their weapons and his own.
He doesn't have his own, and he sucks.

Phantom7
What we really need for Brawl is another F-Zero character
No we don't, and if we did it wouldn't be Deathborn.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
Nightmare would be a good respective because he is the main character of Soul Calibur... And you misunderstood about what I meant about Ditto, it would copy ALL abilities of that character, not just one.
mii 's will die in brawl!!!!!!!!... had 2 get that in

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
How is Grodus a Dr. Mario replacement?

He is.

No he wouldn't.

So could Daisy. So could Toad. So could anyone else who's ever been in a Mario sports game. If that's the best you can come up with, I'm not impressed.

How about none?

Don't get your hopes up.

Why would they make his FS unavoidable?

And Charade isn't it.

Not if it's Charade.

...or Sigfried, Talim, Astaroth, Kilik, Li Long, or pretty much anybody else that's not Charade.

How is Ivy anything like Marth and Ike?

No he isn't.

He doesn't have his own, and he sucks.

No we don't, and if we did it wouldn't be Deathborn.
see? your 1 of the LOSERS im talking about in my signature. ok 1st: im sure charade has more to do with soul calibur than the other people u said. 2nd: daisy and toad in Brawl would suck balls. 3rd: i was exaggerating with zant. he could take up parts of the stage and whoever gets caught cant move. 4th: you suck 5th: what do u have aainst charade? r u all 2 scared of him? what r u whimps with ur little kitty icons and "OH MY GOSH!! DITTO 4 BRAWL" listen, ditto in Brawl would be the lamest character in the world. i think ur all lame nerds who have nothing good to do. im on here cuz i have good ideas. and again, i bet if u asked Sakurai, Ditto would be the last character hed put on there. WWAAAYYY behind charade.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
ok im just gonna say this. im about to kill the freakin ****** with the stupid kitty. cmon now
DITTO? CMON u r so ********. ditto is a helpless pink blob (which ur all about 2 b if u dont SHUT UP) and geno is just a stupid wizard. compare those 2 a twilight king, a ruler of evil, a king of ghosts, and an evil guy who changes weapons. but u whimpy nerds r probably 2 scared of em. oh crap, those monsters in really good graphics are gonna be SO scary! thats probably what ur thinking, kitty man.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ok im just gonna say this. im about to kill the freakin ****** with the stupid kitty. cmon now
DITTO? CMON u r so ********. ditto is a helpless pink blob (which ur all about 2 b if u dont SHUT UP) and geno is just a stupid wizard. compare those 2 a twilight king, a ruler of evil, a king of ghosts, and an evil guy who changes weapons. but u whimpy nerds r probably 2 scared of em. oh crap, those monsters in really good graphics are gonna be SO scary! thats probably what ur thinking, kitty man.
Please don't triple post

and don't flame

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
what are you blanking out? dirty? ill show maturity when i want, ******
That statement made complete sense...

Also George Bush is an Awesome President and I am the reincarnation of Buhdda

DRMARIOX

Smash Rookie
Yall, this is a good idea. He has a point! Ditto is the SUCKIEST POKEMON EVER! Unless you used the Action Replay. I know this guy! :chuckle:I like his idea. THINK OF THE POSITIVE THINGS!!!:lick:Except licking your eye out.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yall, this is a good idea. He has a point! Ditto is the SUCKIEST POKEMON EVER! Unless you used the Action Replay. I know this guy! :chuckle:I like his idea. THINK OF THE POSITIVE THINGS!!!:lick:Except licking your eye out.
Ditto is awesome...

DRMARIOX

Smash Rookie
I think Ridley is a good idea...If you don't know who Charade is or don't like him, GO PLAY SOUL CALIBUR!!!:mad:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Ridley is a good idea...If you don't know who Charade is or don't like him, GO PLAY SOUL CALIBUR!!!:mad:
You make as much sense as lighting your own hair on fire

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ur saying u dont want ridley and sonic on brawl? ur ********. well, drmariox, it looks like its us against the world, or these ******* who make no sense.
He's speaking random dibble...

I have Sonic in my sig because I don't want him in Brawl...that's genious...(I don't have RIdley yet because I have yet to see a good pic of him in a SIg)

Are you guys above 12?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
YOUR thread? Last I checked, the owner of SWF owns all of these threads. Also, you have 3 non Nintendo characters: Sonic, Megaman, Charade. And Ditto would definately be better than Charade. And like I said, Charade is COMPLETELY UNIMPORTANT TO THE ONE GAME HE'S PLAYABLE IN. It's like saying that you would want...heck, I can't think of any characters as unimportant as Charade that aren't generic enemies. That says something. If you ask me, Ivy would be a much better choice. She has her own weapons, and her own attacks. We don't need Charade to come sporting attacks that other characters can already use. He would also, as I've already stated, waste one of our precious few third party slots. And that would be bad.
u cant think of any more characters as unimportant as charade cuz u cant think period

Top Bottom