• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Idea for the Brawl Character Selection

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Since Pikmin & Olimar have now officially been announced as playable characters in Brawl, I will be replacing Darkrai for him. I have not been able to make changes yet, but I will soon. And actually, I would rather have Olimar in than Darkrai.

This should be the Brawl character selection

Starting Veteran Fighters:
Mario

DK

Link

Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Kirby

Yoshi

Fox

Pikachu

Peach

Bowser

Ice Climbers

Zelda/Sheik

Captain Falcon

Luigi

Jigglypuff

Mewtwo

Marth

Unlcokable Verteran Fighters:
Ganondorf (New Moveset)

Falco (New Moveset)

Young Link (New Moveset)

Mr. Game & Watch

Starting Newcomers:
Wario

Pit

Meta Knight

Snake

Diddy Kong (Replaces Dr. Mario)

Lucas (Replaces Ness)

Sonic -CONFIRMED-

Unlockable Newcomers:
Pokemon Trainer (Replaces Pichu)

Ike (Replaces Roy)

Mega Man

Shadow

Bowser Jr.

Krystal

King Dedede -CONFIRMED-

Ridley

Zant

Pikmin & Olimar

Deathborn

Nightmare

This will equal 24 starting charcters and 16 unlockable characters.

NEWCOMERS

Shadow:
Two reasons I took Waluigi out of this list: 1. He's and assist trophy 2. There's already a lot of Mario characters. Now I think Shadow the Hedgehog should have a spot in Brawl. Another Sonic character would be awesome, and if it's anyone, it's probabaly Shadow.

<Standard Special Move: Machine Gun>

<Side Special Move: Spin Dash>

<Down Special Move: Missile Launcher>

<Up Special Move: Hover Board>

<SHADOW FINAL SMASH: CHAOS CONTROL>

Speed: 9
Jump: 4
Power: 6
Weight: 5
Attack Speed: 3
Alternatives: Knuckles

Bowser Jr:
He would also be a great addition to Smash Bros. He could transform into Shaow Mario and write all over the screen getting goop on everybody making their percent shoot up for his final smash.

<Standard Special Move:

<Side Special Move:

<Down Special Move: Shadow Mario>

<Up Special Move:

<BOWSER JR. FINAL SMASH: MECHA BOWSER>

S: 6
J: 7
P: 5
W: 2
AS: 7
Alternatives: King Boo

Sonic:
Of course, what would Brawl be without Sonic? He'd be slightly faster than Captain Falcon, and for his final smash he could transform into Super Sonic and attack!
S: 10
J: 6
W: 4
AS: 8
Alternatives: Mach Rider -CONFIRMED-

Krystal:
I was thinking about it, and I thought that Fox needs to keep his moveset, Falco needs a new one using different guns and grenades, etc., (see bottom) and Krystal sohuld have the staff. And another girl does need to be added, and if it's anyone, it should be Krystal.
S: 7
J: 6
P: 3
W: 3
AS: 9

<Standard Special Move:

<Side Special Move:

<Down Special Move:

<Up Special Move:

<KRYSTAL FINAL SMASH:

Alternatives: Wolf

Zant:
I'd definitely rather have Zant, the false Twilight King rather than Wolf Link, Skullkid, or Midna. For his regular special move, of course, he could shoot the purple balls like in Twilight Princess. And for final smash, he could cover the entire stage in twilight, turning everyone into Twilight creatures where they can't move, and attack!
S: 5
J: 7
P: 7
W: 6
AS: 3

<Standard Special Move: Energy Ball>
Zant releases a ball of purple energy that hurls toward the foe causing major damage. After it hits, for about 5 to 10 seconds, the foe's percent raises.

<Side Special Move: Sword Spin>
Zant wields two short swords which he takes out and spins toward the opponent. It slices through them making them fly into the air, giving Zant a chance to make a perfect combo.

<Down Special Move: Twilight Beast Attack>
Zant glows with twlight as evil Twilight Beasts run out from behind him. They slap the foe with intensity and knock them into the ground.

<Up Special Move: Twilight Warp>
Zant dissapears out of nowhere letting you control where he warps to, but he HAS to go up. About a second later you'll see an orb of twilight, which resembles Zant. And he will reappear around that area. Zant would also be a gliding character.

<ZANT FINAL SMASH: TWILIGHT TURMOIL>
After Zant gets the Smash Ball and presses the Special Move button, he creates an orb of twilight and shoots it straight at the foe who then becomes a dark, motionless twilight creature causing the percent to start climbing rapidly. He then takes out his swords and charges them up allowing him to do the ultimate attack- Mega Sword Spin would be a good name for it.

Alternatives: Skullkid, Wolf Link

Ridley:
There's almost no doubt, Ridley has an extremely high chance of making it into Brawl. Especially because he was beta on Melee. He could be one of the gliding characters. He's basically the most unique out of any other Metroid character that has a chance in Brawl.
J: 9
P: 6
W: 6
AS: 2
Alternatives: Trace, Sylux

Nightmare:
A Soul Calibur character definitely needs to be added to Brawl. And Nightmare is the mascot for Soul Calibur. And I'm all for more heavyweight characters, and Nightmare would make an awesome new heavyweight. And I think he should be the last character you would unlock.
S: 2
J: 2
P: 9
W: 10
Alternatives: Raphael, Charade

King Dedede:
Another Kirby character would sure be cool, wouldn't it? Especially if it's a major villain. He could use his hammer and the star rod to attack, of course. And he would make a great new heavyweight character. I think Nintendo would agree with this because the reasons listed are basically why he made it.
S: 3
J: 8
P: 7
W: 8
AS: 4
Alternatives: Dark Nebula (I couldn't think of anything else) -CONFIRMED-

Pikmin & Olimar:
S: 4
J: 8
W: 3
-CONFIRMED-

Deathborn:
What we really need for Brawl is another F-Zero character, definitely, and I still want more heavyweight characters. Which would make Deathborn a very useful character.
I took Black Shadow out of the list because Deathborn would definitely have a better moveset.
S: 3
J: 2
P: 9
W: 9
AS: 2

Alternatives: Black Shadow, Pico

Mega Man:
The final character I want for Brawl is Mega Man. He could have a wide variety of moves like guns and swords, and other weapons. After getting this far in the Smash Bros. series, I think it's about time Mega Man made an appearance.
J: 5
P: 6
W: 5
AS: 5
Alternatives: Master Chief (Even though I highly doubt it because of NIntendo and Bunjee's relationship)

If you scroll up, you'll see that Falco, Ganondorf, and Young Link all have new movesets. Here's what I think their new movesets should be.

If you scroll up, you'll see that Falco, Ganondorf, and Young Link all have new movesets. Here's what I think their new movesets should be.

FALCO:

<Standard Special Move: Homing Launcher>
Falco fires a homing missile that gets faster as it chases its nearest opponent. It eventually hits and does less damage over long periods of time. Eventually it will explode, which does MAJOR damage if you get caught in the explosion...

<Side Special Move: Sniper Rifle>
Falco aims the sniper rifle with a crossheir and can move it up and down, and move the crossheirs closer or farther to him. When an opponent is in or near the crossheirs, Falco can shoot doing major damage, and the opponent will seem to explode out of nowhere and right off the screen!

<Down Special Move: Grenade>
I know what you're thinking. Yes, Snake does use grenades for his Down B. But Falco's could be differnt. His is on a timer for about 15 seconds, and you can pick it up and drop it wherever you want. Be careful though, if you throw it, it will explode. And if you hold it too long, it will explode.

<Up Special Move: Jetpack>
This is probably the simplest of Falco's special moves. He quickly puts on a jetpack and flies into the air in a straight direction very quickly. Instead of knocking the opponent up, like Fox's Up B, it knocks the opponent straight down almost like a meteor smash.

<FALCO FINAL SMASH: AR-WING>
Falco has gotten the Smash Ball. An arwing flies toward Falco. He jumps in it and finds an area to shoot at with crossheirs. While he's in the AR-Wing, he's completely invincible. When he shoots, lasers shoot out and do major damage to the foe.

GANONDORF:

<Standard Special Move: Ganon's Blade>
Ganondorf charges his sword then jumps onto the opponent. If it hits, it does brutal damage, especially when fully charged. But if you dodge the attack, Ganondorf can't move for about a second, giving you a chance to hit him. Twilight Princess fans could recognize this from the final Ganondorf battle.

<Side Special Move: Ganon's Flame>
From Ocarina of Time, Ganon fires an ball of energy at the opponent. They can hit it back in the desired direction. Eventually this will hit somebody; it could even hit Ganondorf! But be careful trying to reflect it, if you mess up, it will do major damage.

<Down Special Move: Ganon's Horse>
Ganondorf jumps on his dark, evil stallion as he does on Twilight Princess. He runs over his opponent and leaves them in the dirt. They'll be stuck there for a second, possibly giving Ganondorf a chance to attack. But this move is not hard to dodge; just stay out of the way of his horse!

<Up Special Move: Ganon's Puppet>
Twlight Princess fans will also recognize this. Ganondorf becomes the Zelda Puppet and, surprisingly, is a floating character like Pit and Meta Knight! He floats in the air looking like a evil form of Zelda. If you touch him it will shock you and do a small amount of damage. But once he touches you it's hard to get away.

<GANONDORF FINAL SMASH: GANON>
Once Ganondorf gets the Smash Ball, he becomes a HUGE boar-like beast and pulls out two giant swords. He warps with Twilight Powers close to the opponent. He slashes the swords at them rapidly, instantly knocking them off the screen.

YOUNG LINK:

<Standard Special Move: Goron Link>
On TLOZ: Majora's Mask, there was a mask called the Goron Mask. When Link put it on, he became Goron Link, who is strong and rock-hard. Link uses this mask, becomes Goron Link, and rolls over opponents making dust fly up that you can't see through. As he rolls over an opponent, they don't get buried in the ground link Ganon's Horse. They fly off far distances.

<Side Special Move: Skull Hammer>
From TLOZ: Wind Waker, Link pulls out the Skull Hammer. He smashes the ground with it causing an earthquake paralyazing everyone but Link, and doing a decent bit of damage.

<Down Special Move: Bombchu>
Link releases a bomb that moves quickly along the ground. It keeps moving until it hits something, which causes it to explose.

<Up Special Move: Deku Link>
Also from Majora's Mask, Link uses the Deku Mask which makes him look like a deku scrub. He lifts off in the air carrying flowers with razor-sharp pedals that cut the foe repeatedly until Link falls back to tthe ground.

<YOUNG LINK FINAL SMASH: FIERCE DIETY>
I'm sure everyone wants to see this, and this is one of the main reasons Young Link should return. Link puts on the Fierce Diety Mask, gets really tall and becomes Fierce Diety Link. He wield a two-bladed sword with blades that spiral around eachother. He holds the sword with two hands, charges the foe, charges up, and attacks the opponent with great fury. Just one slice and they're gone.

This is the Brawl character selection screen for this list:

Made by Phantom7. Special thanks to The GIMP and Smash Bros Dojo

As you can see, I have not been able to list all the character's movesets. If you have ideas for them, please comment and tell me.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
The F-Zero franchise hasn't warrented another character, and if they did, it would have been Goroh. Waluigi is a minor character that spawned from party games. He has no back story. What would they reveal about him in the Subspace Emmissary? Grodus is also unlikely. If we do get a Paper Mario rep, it will be Paper Mario.

Overall: 6.5/10

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Grodus? Sorry, but who's that? o_o

The instant I saw "Waluigi" I thought "No." It's not just that Waluigi is lame, but also that he is not important to the Mario series at all. He is NOTHING but a "party" character.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
The F-Zero franchise hasn't warrented another character, and if they did, it would have been Goroh. Waluigi is a minor character that spawned from party games. He has no back story. What would they reveal about him in the Subspace Emmissary? Grodus is also unlikely. If we do get a Paper Mario rep, it will be Paper Mario.

Overall: 6.5/10

Well paper mario would be 2 much like mario. and im trying to avoid clones. and waluig doesnt have to have a background story to be a character. and goroh has already been confirmed as an assist trophy, so apparantly, you know nothing about nintendo games.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
You fail.

When he said Goroh, he said that that would be the logical choice for an F-Zero character. Therefor, since he's NOT playable, that would mean that F-Zero only gets one representative.

Paper Mario could be drastically different than Mario. His attacks would be paper-based and use his hammer. It's obvious you know nothing about video games in general.

No Waluigi. Seriously.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Well paper mario would be 2 much like mario. and im trying to avoid clones. and waluig doesnt have to have a background story to be a character. and goroh has already been confirmed as an assist trophy, so apparantly, you know nothing about nintendo games.
Easy. Paper Mario would not be a clone. He has many abilities that the regualr mario doesn't such as utilizing a hammer, and perhaps even a few pixels. I knew Goroh was an assist trophy. Because he was confirmed as an assist trophy, I don't think there is another F-Zero character that deserves the other character slot. Characters need a backstory because of the subspace emissary. In the Subspace Emissarry, as you proceed through it, it will reveal the characters backstory. Waluigi doesn't have one. He was made for Mario Party 3, and they kept rehashing him for multiplayer Mario games. If he had some sort of story, he could be considered.

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
Charade? This is absolutely ridiculous, and if there was a Soul Calibur respective, it would have to be Nightmare. AND Sonic, Megaman and Geno are more popular to be characters. But we have other characters like Dooplis and Ditto, which have an ability to copy things...

pokemega32

Smash Apprentice
Solid Sanke's already been confirmed to be unlockable, yet you have him as a starter...

Plus, you put Ike and PT as unlockable, which I doubt would happen...

Sakurai wouldn't reveal secret characters on the site before the game is out...

Darkurai

Smash Master
Easy. Paper Mario would not be a clone. He has many abilities that the regualr mario doesn't such as utilizing a hammer, and perhaps even a few pixels. I knew Goroh was an assist trophy. Because he was confirmed as an assist trophy, I don't think there is another F-Zero character that deserves the other character slot. Characters need a backstory because of the subspace emissary. In the Subspace Emissarry, as you proceed through it, it will reveal the characters backstory. Waluigi doesn't have one. He was made for Mario Party 3, and they kept rehashing him for multiplayer Mario games. If he had some sort of story, he could be considered.
They're spelled "Pixl".

And Black Shadow could take the other F-Zero spot.

And Waluigi was made for Mario Tennis. I don't even think he was in MP3.

TheBlackblaze

Smash Cadet
Actually Mario tennis was his debut, but anyway this list really sucks.
paper mario is a much better rep than Grodus, With his hammer His super jump, his ground pound. And gliding with the airplane mode. I hardly consider him simple "clone" of mario.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Charade? This is absolutely ridiculous, and if there was a Soul Calibur respective, it would have to be Nightmare. AND Sonic, Megaman and Geno are more popular to be characters. But we have other characters like Dooplis and Ditto, which have an ability to copy things...
Why Nightmare? give me 1 good reason. and if you look back up there youll find out why i said charade. and ditto? ARE YOU ********?? and sonic and megaman r on the selection, smart one. and for your information i think KIRBY covers the whole copying thing!

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
Why Nightmare? give me 1 good reason. and if you look back up there youll find out why i said charade. and ditto? ARE YOU ********?? and sonic and megaman r on the selection, smart one. and for your information i think KIRBY covers the whole copying thing!
Nightmare would be a good respective because he is the main character of Soul Calibur... And you misunderstood about what I meant about Ditto, it would copy ALL abilities of that character, not just one.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Actually Mario tennis was his debut, but anyway this list really sucks.
paper mario is a much better rep than Grodus, With his hammer His super jump, his ground pound. And gliding with the airplane mode. I hardly consider him simple "clone" of mario.
i dont think ur reading the descriptions. KING DEDEDE is the one with the hammer. im just saying paper mario has no chance at Brawl.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Nightmare would be a good respective because he is the main character of Soul Calibur... And you misunderstood about what I meant about Ditto, it would copy ALL abilities of that character, not just one.
thatd be ********. it wouldnt any different than just USING that character. and i bet ur gonna say "well... you could change characters in battle and theyd have little black eyes" dude, u r so ********. and i freakin know Nightmares the main character of Soul Calibur but theres a reason i chose charade over him. ITS IN CHRADES DESCRIPTION. but ur probably so ********, you couldnt even find it.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Ok, first of all, I'm surprised as to how nice you guys are being to this Phantom7. He's an idiot. That's really not a good list for brawl, and unless you are totally specific about your criticism he has a problem with it.
Ok, about Charade, he won't be in becasue A.He is NOT the main character of his series, is NOT an integral part of his series, and that's really what matters most for a 3rd party entry. No one would know who he is. and B. He just isn't going to make it.
Also, Phantom, the idea of Ditto is not simply a seperate character. It's more of a random selection. So, if you want to have a random battle, you could select Ditto (or another copying character) who would become another character. It's really simple.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
i dont think ur reading the descriptions. KING DEDEDE is the one with the hammer. im just saying paper mario has no chance at Brawl.
I don't know where to start. We are merely saying what we do and on't like about your list. You are double-posting everything, and not willing to admit to good ideas when they come at you. You, my friend, are calling everyone retarted for their ideas. Yeah, go back and look at your list and call someone retarted again.

Paper Mario would most certainly NOT be a clone of Mario. There's way to many differences. The spinning walk attack, the way he jumps, the fact he has like 25 support characters, he doesn't shoot fireballs, and he is a spin-off. No, he's not a clone. You can't bring up the hammer-debate either. Swords are way more common then hammers. Charade? I don't think so my friend. Really I don't.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Where r u gettin that? i check smash dojo everyday and its said nothing about snake not being a starter.
Sakurai said it on an earlier version of the site. He said that all third party characters would be unlockable.

Cinder

Smash Master
To answer Goopy's ?:Yeah, he did say that hidden chars wouldn't be revealed until after the game's launch

Oh, and Phantom7...I'm going to put this as nicely as possible (it's hard, trust me): I don't like your list...seriously, I twitch when I see a character list that blatently leaves Lucario and Geno out, and puts in characters like Charade, Waluigi, and Grodus

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I like Charade and all, but Ditto's way better.
dude just think about it. ur all saying ur throwing good ideas at me. well all the good ideas are in that list. and think about this: if you think dittos better than charade then youre an idiot. just think about it. and ur saying no one will know who charade is. i can tell u 2 things about that: 1. us, the people on smashboards, are the 1s gonna play Brawl, and it sounds like we all know who charade is. 2. when i 1st played the 1st smash bros. i didnt know who smaus and falcon were. that got me in2 metroid and fzero. and in melee i didnt know who marth and roy were. that got me in2 fire emblem. so in brawl people could find ouut who charade is. and start playing soul calibur.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
dude just think about it. ur all saying ur throwing good ideas at me. well all the good ideas are in that list. and think about this: if you think dittos better than charade then youre an idiot. just think about it. and ur saying no one will know who charade is. i can tell u 2 things about that: 1. us, the people on smashboards, are the 1s ***** gonna play Brawl, and it sounds like we all know who charade is. 2. when i 1st played the 1st smash bros. i didnt know who smaus and falcon were. that got me in2 metroid and fzero. and in melee i didnt know who marth and roy were. that got me in2 fire emblem. so in brawl people could find ouut who charade is. and start playing soul calibur.
Ha. As if Soul Calibur isn't well known. It's a pretty popular franchise. I don't think it needs more advertisement.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
And you haven't explained putting in Charade over Ditto. Ditto's better for a few reasons.

1) Ditto can do everything Charade can, and moreso.
2) Charade has appeared playable in one game. His only other appearance was as a generic hidden enemy in SC3
3) Ditto is a first party character. Why waste a third party slot on Charade when Ditto can do the same exact thing?
4) Ditto is more popular and well known.
5) If anybody appears from Soul Caliber, it'll be Nightmare, Ivy, or Yoshimitsu.
6) The only good ideas in that list are Sonic, Megaman, and the confirmed characters.

So please, STFU and GTFO.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
5) If anybody appears from Soul Caliber, it'll be Nightmare, Ivy, or Yoshimitsu.
Not to poke holes in your well-made arguement (no sarcasm there), I would just like to let you know Yoshimitsu is from Tekken. He was a guest appearance in Soul Calibur.

bloodhunter

Smash Rookie
California FC: 2878-9250-0874, you make the room i
Starting Veteran Fighters:
Although Marth is my main, it's time to move on. I would rather have someone else there, preferably a female from the series. But if he is in so be it.

Unlcokable Verteran Fighters:
I don't understand why people want Young Link back, wouldn't you rather see someone else? Bleh, the rest of your people are fine though.

Starting Newcomers:
Grodus is a bad choice. There are enough Mario characters as is, and even if there was a Paper Mario character Grodus wouldn't be my first choice. It would probably be Dimentio or some other baddy from the Wii version.

Unlockable Newcomers:
Waluigi? Why? Charade? :urg: Horrible choices. Also I'm completely against Bowser Jr. I want to see other franchises represented, I don't want this to turn into Super Mario All Stars.I wouldn't mind Zant, it would be a rather interesting addition. A lot of people have Wolf on their list which is fine unless he is taking Krystals spot. Then it becomes a problem. Deathborn is a pretty interesting choice from the F-Zero pool, personally I wouldn't bother adding more people from that game.

Overall your newcomers are really bad, the only addition you have that is remotely interesting to me is Zant
4/10

Top Bottom