• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I remember she got hate right after 3D World , yet not for those reasons.

The basic reason has always been , ''Rosalina is too new , thus she is not deserving her current appearences''.

Nothing crazy about any fanbase , those claims are purely biased. In the end , it's just people getting upset because they ''would rather have...'' or just not liking the character BEFORE her inclusion in recent games .

The Rosalina vs Daisy feud is literally one of the saddest and most pathetic things i have ever seen in this online life , and mind you , i have seen a lot of pathetic stuff online about many things. For both parties .

In any case , it's still Rather ... umm... Surprinsing , that Rosalina suddenly happened to have a ''boost'' of popularity.
Sure , she has always been spot on , but in a very very mild way , that lasted only to Mario Kart Wii.

I think people started to get on the vibe when they found out Rosalina's surprinsing return in Mario Kart 7 , whereas , Mario Kart veteran , Waluigi , was excluded. Not saying it's Rosalina's fault , but Rosalina happens to be the ONLY MKWii veteran , that made her debut in the track in that game to return for Mario Kart 7.

Metal Mario , Shy Guy , HQ , Lakitu , and Wiggler all debuted in MK7 , Meanwhile Rosalina returned as a veteran from the past game, thus giving the impression she took ''Waluigi's place''.

Side note here : Daisy still flawlessly made it into the game with 2 tracks , #neverforget.

And yes , i still find it surprising that Rosalina made into MK7 somehow as she , as an unlockeable , relatively new character at the time (and even more for Mario Kart games) was not really ''likely'' for a handheld game.

Like please , Whoever says he or she ''expected'' Rosalina in MK7 is just a plain liar.

And thus moving on to 3DWorld , a bigger deal to fanboys since it's ''MAH MAIN GAME DUURRRR'' Rosalina suddenly returns , again , surprisinly ...

I think the reason people got upset just at this point was , as i said , because Rosalina was or is , i don't know , relatively new , and they just think that she just doesn't blend in the game or have anything related to her Galaxy persona .

Add to it some people that say that it should have been Yoshi instead.

Don't get me wrong , i would NEVER trade Rosalina for anybody as playable but i seriously would have expected Yoshi ; Not reason to expect Daisy , in fact , if Daisy appeared i would have been even More surprised for obvious reasons .

Now The Rosalina hate has evolved to New levels:

- Random person with too many amiibos
- Same random person claiming Rosetta is ''hentai''
- Current Smash apperaence , upsetting people that label her as OP and so
- People that Hate her fans
- People that hate her appearence because is similar to certain Pink Princess.
- People that Hate her current voice

And many crazy stuff people come out with.

And the end , there's no a good reason to hate Rosalina since she is a really good character to begin with, then again what I can understand is where people are coming from , but that doesn't mean the reasons to hate her are less stupid that way .
Mario Kart 7. Waluigi not showing up into the game doesn't surprise me at all. 3D World, unless Nintendo give Daisy different powers, stats like Jump height and running speed, and don't make her a Peach clone on that game, then I don't see her being in 3D World. And the guy who buys a lot of Rosalina amiibos makes the Sonic fanbase look bad even more. I think that he's also after :4lucina:,:4zss:,:4palutena:, and:4robinf: because he think they're hentai along with Rosalina. He needs therapy and professional help.
Yeah, people who have stupid reasons listed from your post to dislike her are just sad.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Hello Rosa, I've been dabbling in characters and I have decided to try out Rosalina. Seeing as she's essentially a JoJo's character in playstyle, she'll keep me pretty busy with the technical stuff. Is there a Skype group I could join?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hello Rosa, I've been dabbling in characters and I have decided to try out Rosalina. Seeing as she's essentially a JoJo's character in playstyle, she'll keep me pretty busy with the technical stuff. Is there a Skype group I could join?
Just go to her Skype thread in this forum, and leave your Skype or Microsoft ID there.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Little Mac actually HAS been getting a restock at Best Buy and Toys R Us lately, along with a bunch of other Amiibos.

You should really check your local BB/TRU for him as soon as you can, as there is a good chance they will actually have him right now.
Last time I went on to Best Buy, there were nothing but boring ass commons on sale. Never been to Toys R Us in a long time nor have I checked out online.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Last time I went on to Best Buy, there were nothing but boring *** commons on sale. Never been to Toys R Us in a long time nor have I checked out online.
I saw retro three pack online, still boggling whether I should buy it or not...

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Meanwhile Rosalina returned as a veteran from the past game, thus giving the impression she took ''Waluigi's place''.
I always took it as Honey Queen taking Waluigi's place, but I despise the Honey Queen, so the same concept more or less applies.

I also like to draw generational parallels between Petey Piranha and Rosalina. They appear in the first Mario game of their console generation, make a surprise appearance in the following Kart game, then start appearing in practically every following spinoff to the point of reappearing in main series games (NSMB1 and 3DW) and even in Super Smash Bros. In both cases, those who are indifferent or don't like the characters to begin with find the surge in exposure grating, while fans are happy that they appear so much (coming from someone who is a fan of both, especially Petey).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I always took it as Honey Queen taking Waluigi's place, but I despise the Honey Queen, so the same concept more or less applies.
If anything, I felt like Wiggler took Waluigi's place in Mario Kart 7, since Waluigi is too lanky to be part of the heavy weight class.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What about Honey Queen?
Honey Queen's width and height are actually a valid reason for why she's in the heavy weight class. However, Donkey Kong's place in the cruiser weight class has always been quite awkward to me, since he's more bulky than Rosalina and Wiggler.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

I also like to draw generational parallels between Petey Piranha and Rosalina. They appear in the first Mario game of their console generation, make a surprise appearance in the following Kart game, then start appearing in practically every following spinoff to the point of reappearing in main series games (NSMB1 and 3DW) and even in Super Smash Bros. In both cases, those who are indifferent or don't like the characters to begin with find the surge in exposure grating, while fans are happy that they appear so much (coming from someone who is a fan of both, especially Petey).

Then again my point still stands

Im not biased , so i would not believe like lets say ''Metal Mario'' took Waluigi's place.

In fact , while really bad , it makes sense to think that if anybody took that so called ''place'' it was Rosalina , for logical reasons stated above.

Mario Kart 7 select Screen :

MKDS Select Screen

Look at Rosalina's place , and then at Waluigi's place. The same place in fact , but MK7 got another row of characters that's the only difference.

If you replace Waluigi with Rosalina , then it would instantly look similar to Mario Kart 7 select screen.

Btw comparing Petey And Rosalina is really Odd ; Petey got spotlight during a couple of games then again he is not prominent like Rosalina is and he is not ''expected'' to appear like Rosalina is nowadays. Sure there's some relation , but nothing strong or super alike between their appearences.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There aren't any "places" in Mario Kart, just like how there aren't any "places" in Smash Bros.

In Mario Kart, they fit in as many characters as they can, but prioritise "main characters" (like Rosalina), and new characters for the new entry of Mario Kart. Characters who appear only in spin offs or generic characters like Koopa Troopas, would always have lower priority.

There are no "places", they can fit in as many characters as they like before their deadline. But since they only have so much time, they prioritise characters based on how important they are. Waluigi isn't a very important character, so he will always be fairly low on the priority list. Rosalina is considered a member of the main cast now, which means she never has to worry about being omitted from Mario Kart games. Rosalina has also sort of become the poster girl for Mario Kart in particular, with Mario being the poster boy.

As far as who the "GameCube Era" Rosalina was, it was Bowser. Jr. He has appeared in every main series Mario title since Sunshine, with the exception of 3D Land and 3D World. His spin-off appearances are extremely frequent and he's also prominent in NSMB. Just like Rosalina, Bowser Jr is a main cast member, and is now in Smash too.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Some people, however, do feel like the likes of Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, and even Baby Rosalina took away the places of Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., and Birdo. After all, Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach are just reused models of Mario and Peach, but with their textures and lighting effects being different, while Baby Rosalina is just another spin-off only baby.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Some people, however, do feel like the likes of Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, and even Baby Rosalina took away the places of Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., and Birdo. After all, Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach are just reused models of Mario and Peach, but with their textures and lighting effects being different, while Baby Rosalina is just another spin-off only baby.
In MK8's case, it was the Koopalings that took up so much priority on the roster. I think they left Bowser Jr out because of that. As for Diddy Kong, he likely just doesn't have much priority to begin with (he only appears every so often in the series), and Birdo definitely isn't high priority.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In MK8's case, it was the Koopalings that took up so much priority on the roster. I think they left Bowser Jr out because of that. As for Diddy Kong, he likely just doesn't have much priority to begin with (he only appears every so often in the series), and Birdo definitely isn't high priority.
Another issue is probably the fact that Mario Kart 8 was already overrun with lightweight characters, and the presence of Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr. likely would've added to the lightweight amount; when compared to the Koopalings, Bowser Jr. is only taller than Lemmy.

Still, it's quite weird how Dry Bowser made it as a DLC character, but not Diddy, Bowser Jr., or Birdo.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I saw retro three pack online, still boggling whether I should buy it or not...
I saw those at GameStop along with the common ones and, to my surprise, Olimar but I didn't waste my hard working money over something I don't really want.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
I think it was primarily the Koopalings that rubbed me the wrong way in Mario Kart 8's roster. Also MM and PGP, but that's a given. It would've been nice to see other characters like :4bowserjr:, :4diddy:, :4rob:, King Boo, and Dry Bones. I just personally find the Koopalings to be 7 of the most overrated retro characters, but what'll ya do?
Last time I went on to Best Buy, there were nothing but boring *** commons on sale. Never been to Toys R Us in a long time nor have I checked out online.
I believe none of the restocks were put up online. The quantity also varies for each store in case there are any others nearby you.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Another issue is probably the fact that Mario Kart 8 was already overrun with lightweight characters, and the presence of Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr. likely would've added to the lightweight amount; when compared to the Koopalings, Bowser Jr. is only taller than Lemmy.

Still, it's quite weird how Dry Bowser made it as a DLC character, but not Diddy, Bowser Jr., or Birdo.
Not at all.

Bowser Jr and Diddy Kong have already been established as ''Medium weight'' . Looking too much into it is really not going anywhere as the characters always have more than ''basic logic'' to belong in a weight class.

The best example is Rosalina , who is always regarded as ''Heavy'' and what people never seem to get is that is not that she is literally ''fat'' but that she is super tall , and thus Larger in size and her karts would be too , and in the end she being taller Logically means she would weight more than let's say Daisy.

Dry Bowser returning of all the characters makes sense , as he would not take much time to create since he is very similar to Bowser.

Bowser Jr , Diddy Kong or Birdo however don't bear any resemblance to any character in the roster , with Diddy being the most unique one.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I think it was primarily the Koopalings that rubbed me the wrong way in Mario Kart 8's roster. Also MM and PGP, but that's a given. It would've been nice to see other characters like :4bowserjr:, :4diddy:, :4rob:, King Boo, and Dry Bones. I just personally find the Koopalings to be 7 of the most overrated retro characters, but what'll ya do?

I believe none of the restocks were put up online. The quantity also varies for each store in case there are any others nearby you.
They put the ever so overrated Koopalings in Mario Kart 8 but leave out Bowser Jr? Didn't really make any sense to me and it would've been nice if they brought R.O.B. back. I would take those two and all the other Mario Kart veterans over the ****ty Koopasucks and two metal diseases.

And from where I live, every store I go to where they sell amiibos, it's nothing but ****in' commons.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina isn't fat, but that doesn't mean she can't be heavy. As I discussed here before, muscle is "heavier" than fat (i.e. if you took a sample of muscle and a sample of fat, both the exact same size, the muscle would be four times heavier).

Rosalina has a decent amount of both muscle and fat (her body proportions would be described as "voluptuous", with her being fat in all of the right places), certainly more so than an average woman, and her height has a lot to do with that, not to mention her head is fairly big too to go along with that. She isn't a heavy class because she is tall, she just is really heavy (my calculated estimate IIRC was around the weight of, if not heavier than, a motorcycle or piano, and I believe that was above 300 pounds?), and her tall build is simply a contributing factor to that.

People often make the mistake of saying "character weight in Mario Kart is based on size", but that isn't consistent. Peach and Daisy are much taller than Mario, yet are light. Yoshi is also typically taller than Mario or at least the same size, yet he is also light. All of the Koopalings are roughly within a similar height range, and I'm pretty sure all of them are Mario's size at LEAST, yet they have a spot on pretty much every part of the weight rankings.

With that in mind, when it comes to human characters like Mario and Rosalina, I think the weight classing is just based on actual character weights. Things get more sketchy and messy when you go outside of that though.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Actually there's a difference.

In the case of Rosalina her proportions are clearly bigger than the other human females. Even so Rosalina is suppoused to be a tad taller than she is portrayed in Mario Kart games , in fact her proportion in MKWii is still more accurate than the one in MK8 , and her whole body can be seen and not just sitting in a vehicle like in MK8 , and even with the models , Rosalina's MKWii model matches the Super Mario Galaxy one in proportions.

Another thing is that while some people can be taller than others , that doesn't mean that they are ''heavier'' all the time , but commonly it is that way

I'll take myself as an example , i am fairly tall but my weight does not match that as im lighter than other people that are about as tall as me.

This is applied to many people , especially women , and mostly if they are models ; Really tall but her weight would surprise you.

This , again , applies to Peach and Daisy in relation to Mario and Luigi.

Looking at their bodies, while Peach is the tallest of these 4 characters , is pretty obvious to notice that Lugi and Mario have more weight in their belly and have bigger hands , feet , and overall features that contribute to their weight.

Meanwhile while Peach and Daisy are taller , their bodies are very slim , fit and delicate , which matches perfectly her weight.

Rosalina becomes the odd one out in this case as her proportions do not match Peach or Daisy , and her Heigh is super different. But that does not mean she is heavy in weight ; She can be heavier than the other girls but not
that heavy as she still looks very slim , unlike Mario himself.

Add to that the fact that Rosalina has always been percived as ''floaty'' .

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
^Rosalina isn't skinny though, she's voluptuous.

And she has a decent amount of muscle. She easily is more than 300 pounds, so her heavy class is justified.

Peach and Daisy are light because they have very little muscle and just have a little fat in some areas.

My point isn't to explain why every character is in a specific class. My point is to say that height/width definitely isn't the sole factor that decides it.

With human characters, it's just by their implied weights. With other characters, it's harder to determine, and they seem to just do whatever there.

I don't know what you mean by that "floaty" comment though, that has nothing to do with her weight. Unless you mean how she is light in Smash Bros, in which case, Sakurai explained she is using her anti-gravity powers to make herself lighter for the competition (because she would be OP if she were actually a heavyweight in Smash). Rosalina doesn't float because she is naturally light, that's just part of her powers.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Anyway.

I still find a little bit odd that Nintendo hasn't announced more stuff for the next Olympic games or Mario Tennis Ultra whatever.

The latter having a release date already ; Hopefully those won't be a dissapoinment.

waiting for More characters being revelaed , especially Rosalina or even Nabbit and a single Luma.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Not at all.

Bowser Jr and Diddy Kong have already been established as ''Medium weight'' . Looking too much into it is really not going anywhere as the characters always have more than ''basic logic'' to belong in a weight class.
I think you're forgetting that Larry and Wendy are both taller than Bowser Jr., and their body frame size is in the small category.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
For some reason, LudwigxRosalina is becoming a popular ship.

It's a little weird because Ludwig is a kid (i.e. NOT A SQUID), but yeah, just a thing I've been noticing lately. It's all over tumblr lately.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I think you're forgetting that Larry and Wendy are both taller than Bowser Jr., and their body frame size is in the small category.
And i think you are forgetting this is Mario Kart and nothing of that matters at all.

Characters can have any weight class , certain characters even switch from game to game .

Doesn't matter whatsoever at the end of the day.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105

It's a little weird because Ludwig is a kid (i.e. NOT A SQUID), but yeah, just a thing I've been noticing lately. It's all over tumblr lately.
Oh my, I would like every ships with Rosalina being shut down. I don't understand the "need" to ship Rosalina with someone.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Shipping is fine on it's own because it's an interesting aspect to form headcanons on.

I ship Rosalina with Bowser, personally. I'm also down with shipping her with Samus or Peach.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I personally ship Rosalina with Luigi. Good couple in my opinion and they did have a picture together in Super Mario Galaxy. Plus, they jump higher in 3D World, have similar personallies, and whether I play with my amiibos in Smash 4, I put both of them, together on teams. I think they make a good team both causality and competitive, but not the best, though.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wouldn't say Rosalina and Luigi have similar personalities...in a lot of ways, they are polar opposites.

Though the one thing they do have in common is that they both have experienced hurt, something you can't really say for any other Mario characters within the main series.

They did get a lot of ship teasing in Galaxy but it feels a little weird in hindsight - what with Rosalina being the Mario equivalent to god, and Luigi supposedly paired with Daisy.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I wouldn't say Rosalina and Luigi have similar personalities...in a lot of ways, they are polar opposites.

Though the one thing they do have in common is that they both have experienced hurt, something you can't really say for any other Mario characters within the main series.

They did get a lot of ship teasing in Galaxy but it feels a little weird in hindsight - what with Rosalina being the Mario equivalent to god, and Luigi supposedly paired with Daisy.
Not everyone ships Luigi and Daisy, together. I used to myself, but not anymore since I like Rosalina more and started to lose interest in Daisy. Plus, some people see it as a fake couple, themselves at least from what I heard from comments since Daisy is a spinoff character. Luigi did had a crush on her and their chemistry is good like Mario and Peach's, but Nintendo didn't have it official or develop more on their relationship so they're still friends. May be your opinion, but I still ship LuigiXRosalina because its my favorite along with others such as :4falcon:X:4zss:, :4link:X:4lucina:, :4mario:X:4palutena:, :4myfriends:X:4zss:, :4mario:X:4peach:, and :4luigi:X:4palutena:. It is underrated, though.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
They put the ever so overrated Koopalings in Mario Kart 8 but leave out Bowser Jr? Didn't really make any sense to me and it would've been nice if they brought R.O.B. back. I would take those two and all the other Mario Kart veterans over the ****ty Koopasucks and two metal diseases.

And from where I live, every store I go to where they sell amiibos, it's nothing but ****in' commons.
LOL haven't heard those names before. At least we have Link.

Really? Of all characters? *checks tumblr quick.* Oh dear...
Strange how someone bullet pointed, "Both are affiliated with (or ARE) royalty." Doesn't sound quite accurate. Plus the other six use magic and in the original SMB, it stated that Bowser used magic to turn the Toads into bricks. I guess they're drawn to the hair then. Whelp, I also found a Dex x Rosalina ship surprise surprise. But that's pretty much the way of the internet. They ship stuff.

Edit: Ohp, just found a Rosalina x John Cena.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Dex one is a joke...then again she is his babycakes.

Also now I wanna Photoshop a "Rosalina & John Cena" CSS thing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I feel like if Rosalina needs anyone to aid her with raising the Lumas, Yoshi would be the best pick for the job. After all, Yoshi has protected Baby Mario from harm while on his quest to rescue Baby Luigi from Kamek and Baby Bowser.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999

Splatoon joke aside, I highly doubt that Ludwig qualifies as a kid based on the depth of his voice, but then there's Morton Jr, so what do I know.

Attempted to look up reasons for the ship, but I couldn't find any. If I had any guess, it's that people tend to ship Bowser and Peach, and some also consider Rosalina to be Peach's daughter, therefore a step child relationship is not morally bankrupt in their eyes and Ludwig is the oldest Koopaling, so he's first in line? Note that this guess is not my personal headcanon; it is merely an attempt to empathize and understand the thought process of a particular ship.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I saw those at GameStop along with the common ones and, to my surprise, Olimar but I didn't waste my hard working money over something I don't really want.
I crave for Mr.G&W, ROB however, the NES version nearly impossible to get here retail, so I might make a plunge.
I ship Rosalina with no one because she's more of an independent woman.
With you~~~
Just think it simple, she's already a mother, why does she need to be shipped with other characters?

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
I don't support shipping characters really, it tends to be really silly.

I love seeing Rosalina around Toon Link, though. (Mega Man, what are you doing.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Splatoon joke aside, I highly doubt that Ludwig qualifies as a kid based on the depth of his voice, but then there's Morton Jr, so what do I know.

Attempted to look up reasons for the ship, but I couldn't find any. If I had any guess, it's that people tend to ship Bowser and Peach, and some also consider Rosalina to be Peach's daughter, therefore a step child relationship is not morally bankrupt in their eyes and Ludwig is the oldest Koopaling, so he's first in line? Note that this guess is not my personal headcanon; it is merely an attempt to empathize and understand the thought process of a particular ship.
I...don't see why his voice would make him sound too old to be a kid? I know 12 year olds that sound deeper than him.

At the end of the day, he's still one of the "Koopa Kids". So I can only assume he's a kid.

I don't support shipping characters really, it tends to be really silly.

I love seeing Rosalina around Toon Link, though. (Mega Man, what are you doing.)

Whenever I hear of those two, I just think of this:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom