• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I always liked that screenshot because they look like some kind of RPG party.

Toon Link = Warrior
Rosalina = Summoner/Mage
Luma = Summon/Monk
Mega Man = Ranger

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I...don't see why his voice would make him sound too old to be a kid? I know 12 year olds that sound deeper than him.

At the end of the day, he's still one of the "Koopa Kids". So I can only assume he's a kid.

Whenever I hear of those two, I just think of this:

I have seen that pic before, I think Toon Link might be a bit disturbed...

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
On the ship topic, I remember I still have these. A little reminder that this was all just for the hell of it and not to be taken seriously. I only took these pics simply because I felt like it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Mega Man and Shulk are popular "mother/son" pairings for Rosalina, though not romantic ones.

Ike is a decently popular romantic one for her, from what I've seen.

Ganondorf is mostly only paired with her if people wanna draw a big burly guy doing the do with her.

Roy doesn't seem to have a popular pairing with her, but I did see a hilarious screenshot once that looked like Roy was sweeping her off her feet.

Rosalina would definitely look good in a White Mage robe, since it can easily resemble her own dress.
In terms of the outfit, Rosalina would look like a White Mage.

But in a hypothetical Super Mario RPG 2, Rosalina would probably be a Summoner/Blue Mage hybrid. Heck, I could see her just straight up being a summon, since she's a deity (if not more than that).

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In terms of the outfit, Rosalina would look like a White Mage.

But in a hypothetical Super Mario RPG 2, Rosalina would probably be a Summoner/Blue Mage hybrid. Heck, I could see her just straight up being a summon, since she's a deity (if not more than that).
I was also thinking about Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition, where Rosalina and Super Rosalina both have super high RCV stats. And last I've checked, White Mages can perform healing spells.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was also thinking about Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition, where Rosalina and Super Rosalina both have super high RCV stats. And last I've checked, White Mages can perform healing spells.
Blue Mages can perform healing spells too though.

Blue Mages in Final Fantasy are able to use the spells enemies cast upon them. They also have some spells they can learn normally (like Healing Wind), and have decent strength stats for physical attacks.

A hybrid of that and a Summoner would seem best for Rosalina, IMO, if she were an RPG party member. Or again, her just being a summon herself would also be suitable (maybe one that focuses on protecting the party by absorbing/reflecting enemy attacks and countering them).

White Mage seems more like Peach's thing. Honestly, even just a Black Mage or Red Mage wouldn't be too far fetched for Rosalina. Also a Sentinel would be a good role for her.

Last edited:

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Mega Man is protecting his adoptive mother. What else? :bee:
The two having a loving bond.

I have seen that pic before, I think Toon Link might be a bit disturbed...
I often find that image through the knowyourmeme link where it's titled "Do it for Rosalina." So Rosalina wants Toon Link to do something for her and she catches him off guard and makes him blush all while Rosalina is being flirty with him.
:rosalina:"Do it for me? Pleeeeeeeeeeaaase?"
:4tlink:"Anything for you, Rosalina." (Man, I was not prepared for a beautiful woman like her to approach me like that.)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
^I'm pretty sure it's just a shota pic, granted, an SFW and humourous take on the idea.

Rosalina is popular for shota pairings because she's a mama.

Actually that explains the whole RosalinaxLudwig thing now...

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
On the ship topic, I remember I still have these. A little reminder that this was all just for the hell of it and not to be taken seriously. I only took these pics simply because I felt like it.

I like the pic that she is with Shulk, I think Rosalina and Shulk is one of the great team combination in Smash.
often find that image through the knowyourmeme link where it's titled "Do it for Rosalina." So Rosalina wants Toon Link to do something for her and she catches him off guard and makes him blush all while Rosalina is being flirty with him.
:rosalina:"Do it for me? Pleeeeeeeeeeaaase?"
:4tlink:"Anything for you, Rosalina." (Man, I was not prepared for a beautiful woman like her to approach me like that.)
..That's actually where I saw that pic for the first time lol.
If you look at Toon Link's expression, I think he's annoyed...

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
Guys, I need your opinion on something because this has been bugging me for weeks. Do you believe Nintendo is going to kill off the Wii U and release the NX as early as next year? I mean the Wii U is barely 3 years old and I don't want it to go the way of the Saturn. I keep seeing rumor after rumor and all it does is make me worry rather than be hyped. Sure, it has a shot of having a better launch if it's marketed properly, but what will become of it once the PlayStation 5 and XBOX TWO or whatever they call it both come out if the NX ends up releasing half way through the 8th console generation? I feel if they drop the ball now, it will get much worse from then on. I've only owned the Wii U for 11 months now and I enjoy it so much. But if Nintendo cuts the system's life short and expects people like me to just jump onto the next system right away, no thank you. I'm really worried about the future of Nintendo and I don't want to see them go down a bad path.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Guys, I need your opinion on something because this has been bugging me for weeks. Do you believe Nintendo is going to kill off the Wii U and release the NX as early as next year? I mean the Wii U is barely 3 years old and I don't want it to go the way of the Saturn. I keep seeing rumor after rumor and all it does is make me worry rather than be hyped. Sure, it has a shot of having a better launch if it's marketed properly, but what will become of it once the PlayStation 5 and XBOX TWO or whatever they call it both come out if the NX ends up releasing half way through the 8th console generation? I feel if they drop the ball now, it will get much worse from then on. I've only owned the Wii U for 11 months now and I enjoy it so much. But if Nintendo cuts the system's life short and expects people like me to just jump onto the next system right away, no thank you. I'm really worried about the future of Nintendo and I don't want to see them go down a bad path.
They've already said they were gonna continue supporting the Wii U past the NX's launch. This is actually them learning from their mistakes, as when they launched Wii U, they already stopped supporting Wii (aside from stuff like Skylanders and Disney Infinity still releasing for Wii, but those are third party). That didn't go so well for them, especially since most casual game consumers assumed the Wii U was just an updated Wii.

As for NX, they could release it in 2016, but I fear if they do that, the console will be rushed at this stage. I personally want them to wait until at least 2017.

Assuming it does launch in 2017 and Nintendo make good on the promise to continue supporting the Wii U after the NX's launch, I think we can expect the Wii U to still see first party games from Nintendo until at least 2018. 2012 to 2018 is six years, which is an average console lifespan. So I think the Wii U would be fine with that.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
They've already said they were gonna continue supporting the Wii U past the NX's launch. This is actually them learning from their mistakes, as when they launched Wii U, they already stopped supporting Wii (aside from stuff like Skylanders and Disney Infinity still releasing for Wii, but those are third party). That didn't go so well for them, especially since most casual game consumers assumed the Wii U was just an updated Wii.

As for NX, they could release it in 2016, but I fear if they do that, the console will be rushed at this stage. I personally want them to wait until at least 2017.

Assuming it does launch in 2017 and Nintendo make good on the promise to continue supporting the Wii U after the NX's launch, I think we can expect the Wii U to still see first party games from Nintendo until at least 2018. 2012 to 2018 is six years, which is an average console lifespan. So I think the Wii U would be fine with that.
And if they release NX too early, it might let Sony and Microsoft have the chance of making their next gen console more superior. Wii U and NX both have innovative onxepts, it's just too bad that third parties still wants a console have cotrollers with just buttons and rumble feature, and great HD graphics... remember how did Microsoft announce Xbox One? All they did was just show it's inner features, many things that casual gamers don't really need. And most important thing is, they didn't even show the launch games.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Still no Rosalina yet. :/

And honestly, none of these characters are surprises for Mario Tennis.

This still isn't all of the characters though. The box art confirms Luigi, but he's never been shown in a trailer yet. Also Wario hasn't been shown yet, and I highly doubt he would be omitted especially since Waluigi is confirmed.

And even if Rosalina is omitted from the initial roster, DLC could still be a thing for this game and she'd get in that way. It was how she got into Mario Golf, after all.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Oh yeah good news from the tennis game , nothing surprising but it's something.

Just found out about it on gamefaqs.

Daisy and Waluigi are looking really good! And so does Boo

Though , i hear a lot of reused voice clips from Mario Kart 8 ...

If Rosalina ever appears im fearing the worst for her voice acting ... crossing fingers so it's not the case.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Oh yeah good news from the tennis game , nothing surprising but it's something.

Just found out about it on gamefaqs.

Daisy and Waluigi are looking really good! And so does Boo

Though , i hear a lot of reused voice clips from Mario Kart 8 ...

If Rosalina ever appears im fearing the worst for her voice acting ... crossing fingers so it's not the case.
Probably will if they reused the ones MK8. I hope they do something different with ultra smash and make the game as good as Mario Power Tennis. The 3DS one wasn't good to me and worth picking up because to me, it was kinda dull. Maybe they can bring Luma back as well.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!

This still isn't all of the characters though. The box art confirms Luigi, but he's never been shown in a trailer yet. Also Wario hasn't been shown yet, and I highly doubt he would be omitted especially since Waluigi is confirmed.

And even if Rosalina is omitted from the initial roster, DLC could still be a thing for this game and she'd get in that way. It was how she got into Mario Golf, after all.
The only reason I feel they wouldn't put her in would be because of the hate she gets in smash, but I think that she has significantly more supporters than haters. >.>

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
I'm a fan of some cutesy smash pairings, like say Luigi x Little Mac or Marth x Peach, but I can't say I've ever shipped Rosalina with anyone romantically. I either see her as too busy or just flat out aromantic/asexual *shrug*

Yknow, the very second I saw the reveal trailer for this, I was like "Is it like Power Tour or is it like the 3DS game" and tbh with the "power areas" or whatchamacallem still in this game and not the offensive/defensive power shots, I'm not too excited. That said, in the 3DS game there was just Luma as a character. So, with that as a stepping stone, and with Rosalina being in the latest Golf game and Mario Party, I think we're sure to see her in this. She's become a really staple character in the franchise c:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The only reason I feel they wouldn't put her in would be because of the hate she gets in smash, but I think that she has significantly more supporters than haters. >.>
I think this will be a totally absurd if this is true. So don't even take this as a reason why she doesn't appear in future Mario games. I will doubt Nintendo will fear of putting her in future Mario games because of an salty Smash competitive scene, especially those that she should be in. Unless her hate-base is significant and strong.
I'm a fan of some cutesy smash pairings, like say Luigi x Little Mac or Marth x Peach, but I can't say I've ever shipped Rosalina with anyone romantically. I either see her as too busy or just flat out aromantic/asexual *shrug*
So am I, but I prefer Rosa X Shulk as a great Team Smash pair though.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
That strange moment when Waluigi and Daisy are shown off before Wario and Rosalina.

Glad to see Boo though, would have preferred King Boo but Boo is still awesome though, Mario Party main in the games he's in.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
That strange moment when Waluigi and Daisy are shown off before Wario and Rosalina.

Glad to see Boo though, would have preferred King Boo but Boo is still awesome though, Mario Party main in the games he's in.
Boo in Mario tennis again? Any new characters yet?

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

When is Wario shown more than Daisy , Luigi or any other character tho? like in trailers , in game stuff and such?

Excluding his own games , i only recall this just twice , Both openings of Mario Golf TT and Mario Power Tennis ; And even so Waluigi was equally exposed in those.

And when it comes to the trailer Rosalina is either OUT of the game or , like MK8 , Saved for the Lastest trailer.

Wario is totally in the game , like please...

And even more , Luigi hasn't even been seen in game yet.

Also , ill take something i read from a comment : Nintendo really is making sure to show Waluigi ever since MK7 Fiasco.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
When is Wario shown more than Daisy , Luigi or any other character tho? like in trailers , in game stuff and such?

Excluding his own games , i only recall this just twice , Both openings of Mario Golf TT and Mario Power Tennis ; And even so Waluigi was equally exposed in those.

And when it comes to the trailer Rosalina is either OUT of the game or , like MK8 , Saved for the Lastest trailer.

Wario is totally in the game , like please...

And even more , Luigi hasn't even been seen in game yet.

Also , ill take something i read from a comment : Nintendo really is making sure to show Waluigi ever since MK7 Fiasco.
Amusingly, Wario was NOT in Mario Tennis: Power Tour at all, while Waluigi himself was playable.

But yeah, it would be extremely awkward if Luigi and Wario aren't in the game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I highly doubt they would seriously omit her from a Mario Tennis game just because of some salty For Glory warriors and roster***s and jealous Peach and Daisy fans. They are an extreme minority anyway.

Anyway, Nintendo put up a product page for Mario Tennis:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/msZC4FMICaEO3icy3OX1tritmamaMg9o

It says "new characters make their debut".

So I think Rosalina is a lock at this point.

I mean, Luma can't even count as a new character, and they shouldn't have any technical issues with Rosalina this time, especially if they actually give her a sports outfit.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
It would be nice to see Rosalina versus a Luma in Tennis. Hopefully the Galaxy Colosseum (with the Comet Observatory) will return as a stage. However, Mario Tennis games don't traditionally do returning stages, I believe. At the very least there could be something new based on the Galaxy games. Also, when are they going to implement true colour swaps in Mario Tennis? It was ridiculous to have seven different coloured Yoshis in Mario Tennis Open as entirely separate characters each, and they can only be acquired through QR codes.

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
I highly doubt they would seriously omit her from a Mario Tennis game just because of some salty For Glory warriors and roster***s and jealous Peach and Daisy fans. They are an extreme minority anyway.

Anyway, Nintendo put up a product page for Mario Tennis:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/msZC4FMICaEO3icy3OX1tritmamaMg9o

It says "new characters make their debut".

So I think Rosalina is a lock at this point.

I mean, Luma can't even count as a new character, and they shouldn't have any technical issues with Rosalina this time, especially if they actually give her a sports outfit.
Well, Rosalina apart, I don't see who could be these new characters... Nabbit? Spike?
And if she wasn't shown, it's perhaps because she's back as an unlockable character? I mean, we could play as her from the beginning in only two games.

It would be nice to see Rosalina versus a Luma in Tennis. Hopefully the Galaxy Colosseum (with the Comet Observatory) will return as a stage. However, Mario Tennis games don't traditionally do returning stages, I believe. At the very least there could be something new based on the Galaxy games. Also, when are they going to implement true colour swaps in Mario Tennis? It was ridiculous to have seven different coloured Yoshis in Mario Tennis Open as entirely separate characters each, and they can only be acquired through QR codes.
Fire Rosalina's ponytail hype intensifies. Also red earrings and dress.
I don't know why I think it fits her so much... I was so used to see her in blue that this red dress just mesmerized me.

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev
Fire Rosalina's ponytail hype intensifies. Also red earrings and dress.
Even just the ponytail would be great. Peach does it frequently for sports titles, including Mario Kart. Why has Rosalina only had it for one game...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually recall that everyone thought Rosalina would be unlocked through QR codes in that game before it was discovered it was actually coloured Yoshis.

What a troll move.

I don't even care about the game, I just want the GIFs and WEBMs of Rosalina if she gets in. :p

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I hear she was going to be in Mario Tennis Open, but was shafted in favor of Luma due to a simpler model.

Also I would like for the Camelot Sports games to have blooper reel and Waluigi antic filled intros again.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I at least ended up buying MP10 because Argos was selling the Mario Amiibo bundle pretty cheap, and I do think it's pretty fun.

I just rarely get into Sports games, even mascot ones like Mario. If this was Mario Strikers though, I'd be getting it, especially if Rosalina is in it.

Who knows though. Maybe I'll get it cheap for Christmas.

I hear she was going to be in Mario Tennis Open, but was shafted in favor of Luma due to a simpler model.

Also I would like for the Camelot Sports games to have blooper reel and Waluigi antic filled intros again.
She wasn't so much shafted so much as they literally couldn't get her working due to some kind of technical limitation, so they just threw Luma in the game instead at the last minute.

The guess is that they were trying to make her wear her normal outfit like in Mario Golf, but they couldn't do it without the skirt physics being awkward because the 3DS is pretty much the worst console for that kind of thing.

Which means she'll probably just wear her normal gown here too. I personally hope they actually make it a "sports dress" version of the gown though, or just give her a totally unique sports outfit altogether.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, Rosalina apart, I don't see who could be these new characters... Nabbit? Spike?
And if she wasn't shown, it's perhaps because she's back as an unlockable character? I mean, we could play as her from the beginning in only two games.
All we can do is just wait and see...

And I recently check Rosalina's Mariowiki page, and seems that her page is going to be unfeatured, looks like her page needs more improve...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
All we can do is just wait and see...

And I recently check Rosalina's Mariowiki page, and seems that her page is going to be unfeatured, looks like her page needs more improve...
Yeah, it's pretty terrible.

Same with her Smash Wiki page.

Honestly, Wikis for big game franchises are very often quite bad.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, it's pretty terrible.

Same with her Smash Wiki page.

Honestly, Wikis for big game franchises are very often quite bad.
II haven't check her Smash wiki page yet, but I'm sure it's fine, unless if you have some opinions on her description section.

Really? I usually thought Wikis for those have an adequate of support. Of course there will be many page wreckers as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The SSBWiki (which is the one I meant - I tend to forget the difference) says Rosalina has had the most nerfs of any character, listing 17 nerfs, except she didn't get 17 nerfs.

The problem with it is that it is listing any value reduction as a nerf, even though they are not synonymous. For example, Rosalina has had various knockback reductions (sometimes caused by barely noticeable damage reductions, like the recent 0.3% damage reduction to her rapid jab) on multi-hit moves for the purpose of making the multiple hits connect better. Which is a buff, as it means you get more damage in with the move as more hits get in, and you are less likely to have the opponent accidentally fall out of the move and suffer an unfair punish because of it (since the last patch to Rosalina, I've been doing more damage with her jab than I did pre-patch, because more hits get in). But because a value reduction was involved, whoever wrote the page listed it as a nerf, even though it isn't. Which is a lack of understanding of what the term actually means. It doesn't simply refer to value reductions, it refers to a move that is made worse. However, value reductions sometimes IMPROVE moves, meaning they wouldn't be nerfs, they would be buffs.

Also for some reason, Luma's faster call back speed and uncharged Luma Shot not going as far are listed as "neutral changes", even though they are clear buffs. In both cases, not only was Luma's versatility and usefulness improved, but they also reduced the cooldown time Rosalina suffered from those animations. Which is a blatant buff.

In the case of uncharged Luma Shot getting a distance reduction, it was a good thing because when the game launched, there wasn't much difference in the distance between how far an uncharged, partially charged, and fully charged Luma Shot went, meaning you had less control over where Luma was placed after launching him than you do now. Combined with the long cooldown time she initially had on the move, Rosalina's Luma play was severely limited, as sending out Luma was much more punishable and you couldn't control him all that well because of the lack of variety Luma Shot charge distances had. Also it's a great poke move now, especially against overly aggressive players/characters.

This is part of the reason why I think Rosalina now is overall better than how she was when the game first launched. But the point remains that people undersell the buffs Rosalina got, or call certain buffs "nerfs" when they really shouldn't.

Last edited:

Killo89

Smash Ace
NNID
Ilok89
3DS FC
2681-1840-2189
Switch FC
SW-7525-9685-3105
The only problem I found is the lack of information about a game that comes out in one month. Or this is an empty game and I am the most disappointed person in the world, or they just hide the informations to make it "better". You know, the hype intensifies thing.
I am afraid the scales are being tipped in the first option favor. (I don't know if it's sayable, but it's certainly understandable... I hope).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom