• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well I'm very sorry I had to say that, Simon, but if it means taking a warning over something I'm being very honest about, then so be it. I'm not backing out from what I said until you learn to just suck it up and stop making such a big damn deal about seeing your favorite character getting their ***** whooped in a match. You say you were not overreacting but when you said that those vids "ticks you off" says otherwise. And yeah, overreacting is something every fanboy would do.
I will try to diminish posts that I complain about a Rosa match, but I also won't backing out either.

And yes, I already aware in some of those matches Rosa could get her ***** whooped, but those videos I watched also let's me acknowledge that Rosa can still get KOed even in the upper hand, I'm not just simply bashing about Rosa's loss. And even having multiple videos like this makes me feel like a bad day...
Yes, overreacting over trifling things is what fanboys would do, be I won't admit I'm overreacting this time, this is really just me giving out my two-cents on what I thought on the recent videos I had watch is not overreacting...
Perhaps my video post is better to post in the Rosa videos thread.
Tagging users would also do the trick. Anyway, quoted videos can be an eyesore for a moderator to deal with if the videos happen to break any rules here. And of course, there's the lag dilemma for having too many embedded videos on a single page.
But isn't there now a function that you can highlight a certain part of a post and reply?

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
But I have never seen her smile like that.

And recently watched some Rosalina Smash matches, and these really ticks me off, not because Rosalina just lost this match. In nearly every of these videos, it looks like that Rosalina is gonna win this match. But nope, in the she still lost this match... I know in Smash this happens often, but a bit too often I say...
Dat back throw...
Well, the players did well though. Sadly, but they did made a good run on those tornaments.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You win some, you lose some. That's just how it is so what can we do?
At first you don't succeed, you live another day and try again.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Why do I feel like that line is familiar XD

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, the players did well though. Sadly, but they did made a good run on those tornaments.
They did great, but sadly lose even when they actually have the chance to win.
To sum it up, just don't give up.

And is your Premium membership expired Tino Tino ? I am thinking of buying premium, but I'm still anxious of making Paypal account.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
And is your Premium membership expired Tino Tino ? I am thinking of buying premium, but I'm still anxious of making Paypal account.
It did until I decided to renew it for another three months. I'll wait until I return to work to go premium for another whole year. It's pretty safe for me to make payments through PayPal.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>tfw Toadette is in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam but Rosalina still isn't, and still isn't confirmed for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics

rosalina_why.png

We've had such a drought of news for Rosalina showing up in stuff.

Like it's pretty certain she will be in Mario Tennis (she was gonna be in the 3DS one but she was causing technical problems so they put in a Luma instead - also she was DLC in Mario Golf: World Tour which is made by the same dev team), and in Rio Olympics (Sonic has four confirmed new characters, Mario still only has two. Two of Sonic's new characters are also female so Nintendo will likely wanna balance it out with two of their own), but there's been so little Nintendo news lately and we still know next to nothing about those games.

Also it'd be nice if they'd just release a new Wave of Super Mario Amiibo with Wario, DK, and Rosalina, since they have the clear models for them in MP10. C'mon, give me something to ask for at Christmas, Nintendo, since you delayed Star Fox: Zero. :(

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Toadette is probably just going to be someone who explains a something like did in ttyd.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
>tfw Toadette is in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam but Rosalina still isn't, and still isn't confirmed for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics

View attachment 78148

Like it's pretty certain she will be in Mario Tennis (she was gonna be in the 3DS one but she was causing technical problems so they put in a Luma instead - also she was DLC in Mario Golf: World Tour which is made by the same dev team), and in Rio Olympics (Sonic has four confirmed new characters, Mario still only has two. Two of Sonic's new characters are also female so Nintendo will likely wanna balance it out with two of their own), but there's been so little Nintendo news lately and we still know next to nothing about those games.

Also it'd be nice if they'd just release a new Wave of Super Mario Amiibo with Wario, DK, and Rosalina, since they have the clear models for them in MP10. C'mon, give me something to ask for at Christmas, Nintendo, since you delayed Star Fox: Zero. :(
Something needs to happen after going through this long of a drought. Very few notable titles to look forward to this year, almost all of the Smash amiibo lineup pre-Lucas/Roy/Ryu has been released, the Fighter Ballot closed without any kind of official information and none of the votes have been made public though it's up to Nintendo if they want to do that, Star Fox Zero was delayed, Zelda Wii U has been delayed even more and we don't know squat about it, we have little info on the aforementioned titles you just mentioned, no sign of a Nintendo Direct anytime soon, and worst of all, we lost a gaming legend all because cancer.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

View attachment 78148

This makes you wonder if Nintendo's newest president has anything to do with this. Obviously, with Iwata gone, you won't be seeing much, if any new Nintendo Directs, which leaves a lot of the game development hype a complete mystery to us.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47

View attachment 78148

Ok. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash isn't done yet so we'll have to wait and see if she'll come. If she does, then they better give her a sport outfit like Peach and Daisy. Mario golf world tour didn't give her one so I hope they give her one in Ultra Smash.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It did until I decided to renew it for another three months. I'll wait until I return to work to go premium for another whole year. It's pretty safe for me to make payments through PayPal.
I know Paypal is now a worldwide money trading website, but I now know an info that Taiwan's Paypal you can't transfer your money to Paypal via bank account. Only get money from credit cards that are linked to Paypal...
tfw Toadette is in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam but Rosalina still isn't, and still isn't confirmed for Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash and Mario & Sonic at the Rio Olympics
Maybe she'll be an unlockable character? I know we always knows her being in the game via directs, maybe it's just not the time yet.
And I recently saw Omni's video, please don't feel mad at first when seeing this video cuz in the video he did mention about Dabuz and people saying that Rosa is a braindead character, complaining that she's top tier. I was glad that he was willing to speak out for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUsaSs-Vhuw

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Maybe she'll be an unlockable character? I know we always knows her being in the game via directs, maybe it's just not the time yet.
And I recently saw Omni's video, please don't feel mad at first when seeing this video cuz in the video he did mention about Dabuz and people saying that Rosa is a braindead character, complaining that she's top tier. I was glad that he was willing to speak out for him.
You're d*** right. I'm glad that he did because it need to be said. Especially to the saity and scrubby community who hate Rosalina and other characters. Plus, Dabuz doesn't deserve that kind of hate, either.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How can someone get mad at that video when Pumpkin Hill is playing?

And yeah it was nice of him to speak out for Dabuz. I'm not a big fan of how he plays Rosalina, but I don't think it's braindead at all.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You're d*** right. I'm glad that he did because it need to be said. Especially to the saity and scrubby community who hate Rosalina and other characters. Plus, Dabuz doesn't deserve that kind of hate, either.
I know that ChikoLad ChikoLad had complain about Dabuz being defensively, but you can't deny Dabuz's skill. It's his skill plus his true knowledge on Rosalina that makes him one of the best Rosa player.
How can someone get mad at that video when Pumpkin Hill is playing?

And yeah it was nice of him to speak out for Dabuz. I'm not a big fan of how he plays Rosalina, but I don't think it's braindead at all.
Pumpkin Hill? Well, he did say that people might get mad when seeing the title of the video. And yeah, there are some people just still likes to brag about a character being easy to dominate a tournament. Rosalina, however, definitely not an easy use character, she never was.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know that ChikoLad ChikoLad had complain about Dabuz being defensively, but you can't deny Dabuz's skill. It's his skill plus his true knowledge on Rosalina that makes him one of the best Rosa player.

Pumpkin Hill? Well, he did say that people might get mad when seeing the title of the video. And yeah, there are some people just still likes to brag about a character being easy to dominate a tournament. Rosalina, however, definitely not an easy use character, she never was.
My complaint is not really with Dabuz playing defensively. As far as I'm concerned, he's entitled to play how he likes, just like everyone else.

My complaint is more to do with how a lot of Rosalina players over-glorify him and say his playstyle is the end-all, be-all for Rosalina, when it isn't, and if you disagree with that, then you deserve to be crucified apparently (I'm obviously comically exaggerating but you get the point). It's fine in some MUs, but not so fine in other MUs. And overall, it just doesn't make sense to me to only want to play any character in one specific way, especially a top tier. Top tiers are top tiers because they are so versatile and have so many options. Not because they are one trick ponies with one really good trick. With Rosalina especially, there are just so many different ways to use Rosalina & Luma as a team, not just defensively and camping focused. No other character board or community has this problem either, other boards are more willing to be open-minded regarding new ways to play their character. Most of the people in the Rosalina boards though aren't, it's either you play like Dabuz and worship him, or you're not wanted around here.

That's pretty much why I only post in the Social thread anymore for the most part. And why I avoid competitive discussion even though I love playing competitively and training.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My complaint is not really with Dabuz playing defensively. As far as I'm concerned, he's entitled to play how he likes, just like everyone else.

My complaint is more to do with how a lot of Rosalina players over-glorify him and say his playstyle is the end-all, be-all for Rosalina, when it isn't, and if you disagree with that, then you deserve to be crucified apparently (I'm obviously comically exaggerating but you get the point). It's fine in some MUs, but not so fine in other MUs. And overall, it just doesn't make sense to me to only want to play any character in one specific way, especially a top tier. Top tiers are top tiers because they are so versatile and have so many options. Not because they are one trick ponies with one really good trick. With Rosalina especially, there are just so many different ways to use Rosalina & Luma as a team, not just defensively and camping focused. No other character board or community has this problem either, other boards are more willing to be open-minded regarding new ways to play their character. Most of the people in the Rosalina boards though aren't, it's either you play like Dabuz and worship him, or you're not wanted around here.
Hey, I never consider his playstyle is end-all for Rosalina. I only consider his playstyle as my inspiration.

And there are, like em who is willing to delving in to her playstyle, trying to get some advice and improve.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ok. Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash isn't done yet so we'll have to wait and see if she'll come. If she does, then they better give her a sport outfit like Peach and Daisy. Mario golf world tour didn't give her one so I hope they give her one in Ultra Smash.
If Rosalina is in Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, I'm probably guessing that she'll still wear her signature dress; she typically levitates anyway.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
If Rosalina is in Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, I'm probably guessing that she'll still wear her signature dress; she typically levitates anyway.
Well, I don't even know how can she play in her dress. Or better yet, be comfortable playing in it. Its like playing in your coat on a 90 degree weather and you'll sweat a lot in it. Still, I hope she gets her own sport outfit.

Well,you don't need to be exactly defensive with her. You can also be offensive as well, but mixing up plays a big part. That's how I play my Rosalina because I also want to pressure my opponent with her.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Every time someone says I play defensive Rosa, I roll my eyes, it's like no one actually watches me play anything since Apex
Huh, Didn't expect to see you around here.

Question, why did you decide to main Rosalina? Just curious.

Also on an unrelated note here are some Mario Maker levels for everyone, one of which takes inspiration from a different Smash character

Stone Tower Temple
D503 0000 00A2 CA2C

Wii Fit Trainer burning exercise
4566 0000 006A 9ADD

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Every time someone says I play defensive Rosa, I roll my eyes, it's like no one actually watches me play anything since Apex
Just play whatever fits for you, man; You're still the best Rosalina player out there to watch along with Fallen.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So what's your opinion about Omni's recent video?
I had seen your match at Apex, those characters you faced with has to play defensively for most of the time.
And I wish you can do even better in future tournaments!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, I don't even know how can she play in her dress. Or better yet, be comfortable playing in it. Its like playing in your coat on a 90 degree weather and you'll sweat a lot in it. Still, I hope she gets her own sport outfit.
I'm quite sure that the dress is very lightweight, and since Rosalina levitates, she probably won't have to move her legs around a lot.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
I'm quite sure that the dress is very lightweight, and since Rosalina levitates, she probably won't have to move her legs around a lot.
I see; Well, it still wouldn't hurt for Nintendo to give her a sport outfit of her own and I think that the fans would want to see what she'll look like in it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nintendo are releasing sets of Mario Hanafuda cards next month. One of them has new artwork of Rosalina and Luma on it (bottom left):

Also, Admiral Mario is pretty slick.

Rosalina kinda looks like a Professor Layton character here, though.

I'm not entirely certain but I think her card is the March or June card.

Last edited:

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Nintendo are releasing sets of Mario Hanafuda cards next month. One of them has new artwork of Rosalina and Luma on it (bottom left):

Nevermind. I saw it. Interesting cards.

Last edited:

Krazy4Krash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SpongeBev

Hmm... Nintendo already made a set of Mario Hanafuda cards for Club Nintendo, and Rosalina wasn't in any. I wonder why they decided to make another. It looks quite nice, at the very least.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hmm... Nintendo already made a set of Mario Hanafuda cards for Club Nintendo, and Rosalina wasn't in any. I wonder why they decided to make another. It looks quite nice, at the very least.
How old are the Club Nintendo ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom