• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

More hints for Sm4sh in Spring (this time from Nintendo itself)

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
well nintendo i believe anything past a spring realse is a mistake my hype just went down if i have to wait another year to use my wii u :(
Well come on, Sm4sh is not the only game which is coming out to the WiiU, let's stop this nonsense please.
Anyway I agree it's going to be ****ty again.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
For all of you on the fence, I'd say there's never been a better time to get a WiiU. Get it now and wait for the "next-Gen" consoles to get better games and come down in price.
yea man I blasted through to the last world the second day I played super mario 3d world. the mmusic, colors, and creativity of the stages is really fun.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Surprise Winter release, anyone?

I actually don't read that twitter as deconfirming a spring release, but rather saying the Nintendo dude didn't know anything... I'm still hoping for May.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I am somewhat relieved that Smash 4 will not be arriving in spring; in mine opinion, it just seems too early. I would rather have a late release than a rushed game. I will be surprised if the game comes out before E3 2014.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I am somewhat relieved that Smash 4 will not be arriving in spring; in mine opinion, it just seems too early. I would rather have a late release than a rushed game. I will be surprised if the game comes out before E3 2014.
What part of a game developed cooperatively between two developers for 28-30 months is rushed? That's more hands and more time than Brawl got, and the entire focus this whole time has been on the multiplayer experience. A spring release doesn't have to mean February or March. I could see it coming out in a japanese launch in May or June at the earliest pretty easily, and I would hardly call it rushed for it to come out then.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
I'm sure that Smash 4 will be released when it's ready to be released.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
do u think it's possible he just said that to hide that it will realease in spring or just in case it get's pushed back?

Alzi

Smash Master
do u think it's possible he just said that to hide that it will realease in spring or just in case it get's pushed back?

There is that possibility.

I believe we may get the game in July or August. Although it really depends on when the game is near completion. Right now their target is the year 2014, I don't believe a set date or month really exists for the game to be released other than finish the game as much as possible to Sakurai's standards and release it sometime in 2014.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Hey hey. There's a nintendo direct tomorrow that might just answer this question.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
From a marketing perspective, releasing it from Thanksgiving to around a week before Christmas makes enough sense, getting a lot of sales for Christmas.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I don't think it makes much sense to hold a finished game until Christmas just to have a holiday release, and anyway I hope smash is not the only game they could fill that spot this year because man the wii u needs games.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
What part of a game developed cooperatively between two developers for 28-30 months is rushed? That's more hands and more time than Brawl got, and the entire focus this whole time has been on the multiplayer experience. A spring release doesn't have to mean February or March. I could see it coming out in a japanese launch in May or June at the earliest pretty easily, and I would hardly call it rushed for it to come out then.
That came out wrong. What I really meant to say was I am glad it will be released later in the year, because that just means the game will have more content than it would if it were released early in the year. The later the game is released, the more content we will ultimately have, and the more polished the game will be. I am aware they have had more time to develop the game than they did Melee.

In the end, though, I will not complain if it does end up getting released early in the year. At any rate, there is going to be a Nintendo Direct tomorrow, so perhaps we may find out then.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
You know what? I went to bed after the Daily Picture but while I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep, I thought about how if there was gonna be a Direct this month, it would make sense to have it this week - specifically Friday, because they'd show off the new stuff and then that'd give parents the entire weekend to buy Wii U's for Christmas. And now it seems we are getting a Direct this week, but two days earlier than I thought we would, haha.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just wondering HOW MUCH things they can just cram into this now that the development time seems to go near Brawl's, except that no SSE, no Sonic, no multiple studios, and bigger main studio (Namdai) is now on the belt on this game?

I mean we can take in account the 3DS-version being part of the development time but I don't believe they'll be drastically different from what we've seen.

Perhaps this might be the most juiciest, polished Smash yet?

Top Bottom