• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Mario Kart General Discussion - 200CC Announced | Second DLC Pack Coming in May!

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Oh my god its comments like this that make me wonder if anybody in this god damn thread pays any attention to anything

They've straight up said word for word 'There will be more characters'.

Sigh.

****ing hell man. You guys, pay attention.
Wow dude I literally land into the thread and respond to a few of the comments in front of me..... no need to rip into me and shove a sourceless quote at me :S

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
(Good to see you, old friend.) That would make sense. Hey, at least the Kart doesn't look totally inferior to the Bike anymore. I'm more excited for this game than I was for MKWii.
Based on the stats that I've gathered, bikes seems to be weaker in the Grip department, which could make them vulnerable to skidding if you use the wrong type of wheels. So far, only the Maximum bike body is unaffected by the Grip stat reduction, while the Broad Bean has a small Grip drop.

R0Y

Smash Master
Who are going to be your guy's main(s)? Mine will probably be Rosalina or Metal Mario, no DK again stinks.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Mii, Toad, and either Roy or Ludwig.

By the way, GameXplain is hosting a Mario Kart 8 Q&A. Turn in your burning questions if you follow them on their networks.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
I did expect him to show up this time around especially with Luigi's Mansion 2 as well as his consistent appearances in the Mario & Luigi series
Hence why I'd like to hope that if we get more Medium and Heavy racers we'll get E. Gadd, Fawful & Kamek

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Would anyone like to play Mario Kart 7 3DS FC: 3539-9818-4686

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
A lot better than Baby Rosalina or freaking Pink Gold Peach lmao
that's very true though Pink Gold is a much bigger annoyance than Baby Rosalina (personally I'd have loved to see her replace Baby Daisy outright! Cos at least then she'd be the young version most likely to actually turn up at some point in a single player title (be it another Yoshi title or even a Mario RPG))
And come on.... at least Baby Rosa is adorable, something that could never be said of T-Peach000 :S

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I'm telling you guys, one day they're going to add Senior Mario. It's going to happen one day. :glare:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
They're going to add Rock Bowser, Silver Luigi, Adamantium Yoshi, Metal Baby Mario, Bronze Toad, Wood Donkey Kong and other crap like this.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Rock Bowser actually sounds pretty cool though, and making Donkey Kong into an Ent? Seems legit :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
that's very true though Pink Gold is a much bigger annoyance than Baby Rosalina (personally I'd have loved to see her replace Baby Daisy outright! Cos at least then she'd be the young version most likely to actually turn up at some point in a single player title (be it another Yoshi title or even a Mario RPG))
And come on.... at least Baby Rosa is adorable, something that could never be said of T-Peach000 :S
Just don't go searching for Baby Rosalina artworks without blocking mature content. sonicbrawler182 learned that the hard way.

I felt it necessary to warn you guys about this:

Be very careful when searching for material of Baby Rosalina, specifically fan art. Within hours of the MK8 Direct, someone made Rule 34 artwork of Baby Rosalina and tagged it so that it would come up in various tags related to Rosalina on Tumblr. From there, more of the stuff seems to be cropping up (I ran in to it accidentally myself in the Baby Rosalina tag on tumblr).

So basically, make sure you turn your mature content filters on when searching for Baby Rosalina stuff. And maybe make sure nobody is around when you search for her, just in case anything bad does pop up while they are around and people think you're into that sort of thing.

It's amazing how quickly people want to ruin something completely innocent and sweet.

Oh, and I checked Google Images, since any kids who look for fan art of her will probably look there first. It seems to be safe for now, even with mature filters off (though the odd bit of NSFW Adult Rosalina art may pop up, so if you're with kids, turn it off in that case too, if you wish).

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Rule 34 is so vile and disgusting. :glare:I'm not surprised it popped up so quickly.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I searched for that, but nothing inappropriate showed up, without block on. Searching for normal Rosalina, however.. XD

Anyways, if there is DLC, I want these 4 characters: E. Gadd, Nabbit, Cranky Kong and Captain Falcon<3

EpicDark

Smash Rookie
NNID
EpicDark
Can't wait to use that youtube upload feature in MK8. My viewers are dying to see my master skills on the tracks!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Someone has confirmed that characters from the same weight class won't always share the exact same stats. While Koopa Troopa and Toadette appear to have the exact same stats, that's not the case between Wario and Roy Koopa.

Of course, the stat totals between those four are exactly the same, regardless of the stat distributions.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
That's discouraging. I really don't want Round 2 of Funky Bike Wii.

Roy's lighter than Wario. :laugh:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That's discouraging. I really don't want Round 2 of Funky Bike Wii.

Roy's lighter than Wario. :laugh:
We can't neglect the Grip stat though, as it seems that so far, the vehicle parts that boost the speed stat have a negative impact on grip. All that speed won't do you any good if you keep skidding towards walls all the time.

On an additional note, it seems that Wario's speed value goes as high as 23/24 if he uses the Mach 8 and Slick wheels, but his Grip drops down to 5/24 as a result. Of course, Wario's Grip stat apparently goes as low as 4/24 if he were to use the Sport Bike and Slick wheels.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
This may be old news for those who've watched the video, but GameXplain confirms that there are no more secret characters. I guess DLC would be the approach taken for the others then.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
These reviewers torturing me with all these new videos. It's going to be a long month.

Someone has confirmed that characters from the same weight class won't always share the exact same stats. While Koopa Troopa and Toadette appear to have the exact same stats, that's not the case between Wario and Roy Koopa.

Of course, the stat totals between those four are exactly the same, regardless of the stat distributions.
Is it possible it's actually like Mario Kart 7 and one of them just happens to be a cruiser and the other is a heavy weight, but the main site just happens to label them both as "heavy"?

On another note, went looking through Mario Kart 7's site and it lists Metal Mario as Mario's rival. Makes it sound like they're two different people :o

Gavitro

Smash Cadet
This may be old news for those who've watched the video, but GameXplain confirms that there are no more secret characters. I guess DLC would be the approach taken for the others then.
Well, if you're referring to his Q/A video, he only has the review copy of the game. That copy may have secrets from the retail copy removed to avoid him spoiling the entire game.

Top Bottom