• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Lunatic post-game is really great and pretty challenging right up until your characters are min/maxed with Limit Breaker, fully forged Brave weapons/Aversa's Nights with S supports and two rally bots. Even Apotheosis cowers in terror when up against my team. :skull:

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Lunatic post-game is really great and pretty challenging right up until your characters are min/maxed with Limit Breaker, fully forged Brave weapons/Aversa's Nights with S supports and two rally bots. Even Apotheosis cowers in terror when up against my team. :skull:
I dunno. When I took on Apotheosis regular on Lunatic, that seemed to pretty much be expected strategies.

That said, I hadn't gotten children yet, so they probably make it easier.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I'm trying to stock up some limit breakers, but for the life of me I can't pull out any sort of win on rogues and redeemers 3! I've even got a fair amount of characters with close to max normal stats! Can any of you give me some tips?

Gigawattz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1478-3568-2454
Serra's terrible irrelevant. If we got a healer, I'd imagine it be Lissa.

Best idea for Assist Trophy:
Emmeryn
She falls from the sky, dealing massive damage to your opponents. And herself unfortunately.
I laughed a little too hard at this.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Ok so who does actually play Without level grinding?
I try to until the post campaign....
Yeah. That's what his name was. Shows how much I liked Awakening haha. I only remember like 3 characters names from that game, but can remember practically the entire Radiant Dawn cast.
Yeah, me too. Boyd and Nolan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vaike by a longshot. Actually for me every character in Radiant Dawn is better than the Awakening version of their class. Except for Meg, everything's better than Meg....

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I try to until the post campaign....

Yeah, me too. Boyd and Nolan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vaike by a longshot. Actually for me every character in Radiant Dawn is better than the Awakening version of their class. Except for Meg, everything's better than Meg....
And Fiona. Don't forget her. Robin and Lucina were the only characters I really liked. Some of the other females weree ok but not as good as Radiant Dawn's.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
That's pretty understandable. Exaggerated personality tropes are easier for a general audience to pick up on but they tend to be less interesting as time goes along.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
And Fiona. Don't forget her. Robin and Lucina were the only characters I really liked. Some of the other females were ok but not as good as Radiant Dawn's.
Maybe its because I never got to play Radiant dawn or Path of Radiance, but I like all of the characters. At the very least, they don't feel like simple one note existences, even if some of their supports end up sounding the same.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
That's pretty understandable. Exaggerated personality tropes are easier for a general audience to pick up on but they tend to be less interesting as time goes along.
Unless they been fleshed out into something more than just the trope.

I'm trying to stock up some limit breakers, but for the life of me I can't pull out any sort of win on rogues and redeemers 3! I've even got a fair amount of characters with close to max normal stats! Can any of you give me some tips?
Sorceror. Armsthrift. Vantage. Sol. All Stats +2. Resistance +10 if male, Dual Support+ if female (seriously underrated skill). Forged Aversa's Night.

Partner with S Rank, preferably Chrom or Lucina for Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+, infinite use weapon.

Put your back to a wall, and make sure you kill Jaffar, since he has Lethality.

Two unit victory.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
My strategy is normally have Robin and Lucina just stand there and kill everything. MASTER TACTICIAN!!!!

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Of course, tropes are fine and there isn't necessary anything wrong with them. Awakening use of them just doesn't lead to much for the vast majority of the cast, though I'll argue that most of Fire Emblem only does this for a handful of characters in most cases

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah the characters of Awakening tend to be static and flat, or one dimensional with no change throughout the story. When I prefer Dynamic and round characters, who have a multitude of traits and changes by the end of the story.

A perfect example of this in Fire Emblem is Jill from Path of Radiance. Please note possible spoilers ahead for those who haven't played PoR, read at your own risk.
At first, when she's introduced it's shown pretty clear that she disdains the Laguz species, heck, the only reason why she was recruited was because she noticed Ike's ship was being attacked by a Raven tribe of Laguz. At this time, she may seem like a one dimensional character, but then a little later in the game, after being around Ike's army, which has Laguz like Lethe and Mordecai in it, she opens up. She realizes that not all Laguz are "scum" like she was taught and raised like in Daein. This can even be seen in her supports with Lethe, with at first the two hated each other, and soon they realize they are not so different after all, and become close friends. This is not the only thing that describes Jill also. It shows many times in the game how she cares for her father who is one of the generals of Daein. Soon in one chapter you actually have to fight her father, and there's no choice, but to kill him. Interestingly enough if you choose to bring Jill in this chapter and have her fight her father, there's a chance she might actually switch sides and defect! (Yet, it's not recommended to do that) Anyways, after you beat the chapter, without that happening, Ike and Jill have a conversation. Ike states that he's willing to let Jill leave if she wants to, even going as far as saying that if you want to avenge your father, you can me. (Very much like the conversation with Robin and Lucina) Yet, Jill decides to stay and help the cause. She's one of my favorite Fire Emblem units because of how deeply written she is. This is also why Robin and Lucina are the only interesting units in Awakening :laugh:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816

Sorceror. Armsthrift. Vantage. Sol. All Stats +2. Resistance +10 if male, Dual Support+ if female (seriously underrated skill). Forged Aversa's Night.

Partner with S Rank, preferably Chrom or Lucina for Dual Strike+, Dual Guard+, infinite use weapon.

Put your back to a wall, and make sure you kill Jaffar, since he has Lethality.

Two unit victory.
I did it! Thanks for the tip! I have my Avatar paired with Cordelia and Chrom with maribelle, but luckily there's a little niche where I could put Maribelle with Chrom to protect her, then have my Avatar stand in front with f tons of Nosferatus and Cordelia as his pair.

Now I just need to do it like... 20 more times and I'm golden

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I did it! Thanks for the tip! I have my Avatar paired with Cordelia and Chrom with maribelle, but luckily there's a little niche where I could put Maribelle with Chrom to protect her, then have my Avatar stand in front with f tons of Nosferatus and Cordelia as his pair.

Now I just need to do it like... 20 more times and I'm golden
Glad I could help. The more you do it, the easier it gets, especially if you give your Avatar Limit Breaker and begin boosting past the stat caps.

I've gotten to where I know exactly where to set my main fighter (an Avatar from a previous play through that I have in my logbook as a Sorceror just for these sorts of fights), and exactly how many turns to skip through before taking the step I need to eliminate Jaffar, then I just skip through the rest of the turns to win. :p

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
guys please stop hating on Vaike. He's kind of funny. Only thing that I felt to be annoying was how he kept talking about being Chroms Rival but he was rather soft when it came to confessing.

Now that we are talking about this topic anyway, I would like to ask who you guys like most from FEA, FERD and FEPOR
For awakening I like Lucina, Severa, Robn, Lon'qu, Cordelia, Tharja, Anna and Owaid most
for RD and POR I like Micaiah, Ike, Mia, Jill, Nephenee, Alincia, Brom, Mist, Tibarn and Haar most.

I know long lists for both but hard to pick :(

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
^People hate vaike as much as me?

I love the Lucina boards even more now.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
My favorite Awakening Characters huh...
Robin (Obviously), Lucina (Double obviously), Tiki, Cordelia and Panne are my favorites. Oh and Gregor. Cause Gregor is amazing.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Its great to see this thread expand and gain more followers ever since Lucina was confirmed as a playable character. Hopefully some of the other smaller ones (Ghiraham) gain a bigger following in the future.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
With the reveals of Lucina and Robin, I have become a little more intrigued about trying out Fire Emblem sometime.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Serra's terrible irrelevant. If we got a healer, I'd imagine it be Lissa.

Best idea for Assist Trophy:
Emmeryn
She falls from the sky, dealing massive damage to your opponents. And herself unfortunately.
Great!

That sacrifice won't be in vain, there will be many many dresses with her face in polkadot style!

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Favourites from Awakening are Lucina, Owain, Henry and Lissa ("Not another step, potato molester!"). :awesome:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Tharja is perhaps my most wanted Assist Trophy Fire Emblem character in the game. It would also be great if others like Lon'qu, Gregor, Cordelia, Owain or even Severa could be in the game as collectable trophies.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I'm seriously still hype about Lucina's inclusion, I know she's super lucky to be in the game, and I'm so glad she is.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'm seriously still hype about Lucina's inclusion, I know she's super lucky to be in the game, and I'm so glad she is.
Yeah. Every time I visit the website or see her and Robin's reveal art, the hype comes flooding back to me. I can't wait to play the both of them. :awesome:

Hong

The Strongest
It's so unreal.

Robin is no surprise to me, but getting Lucina and a hype trailer with a Fire Emblem motif and Captain ****ing Falcon is tearing the fabrics of dream.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
It's so unreal.

Robin is no surprise to me, but getting Lucina and a hype trailer with a Fire Emblem motif and Captain ****ing Falcon is tearing the fabrics of dream.
This is the best game trailer in a while. Also, started a new save in Fire Emblem! And I playing on HARD!

Last edited:

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
This is the best game trailer in a while. Also, started a new save in Fire Emblem! And I playing on HARD!
Hard is SO much better, I couldn't play the game on normal because it was too easy for me, but Hard hits a good balance of not needing to grind.

I'm doing my 4th Lunatic Playthrough, since eventually I want to work my way up to Lunatic+, but right now I just want to enjoy some hard (but possible) battles.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Hard is SO much better, I couldn't play the game on normal because it was too easy for me, but Hard hits a good balance of not needing to grind.

I'm doing my 4th Lunatic Playthrough, since eventually I want to work my way up to Lunatic+, but right now I just want to enjoy some hard (but possible) battles.
I'm on my first lunatic mode. I've finally started trying to get the children characters, but I may need to grind out the parents more because they cannot survive jack diddley outside of Chrom Maribelle Robin and Cordelia

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

I don't I'm ever going to try Lunatic or Lunatic+. Right now, I'm just about to fight Lucina at Arena Ferox.
Also

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Lunatic is a really nice challenge for the first four/five levels. After that, it can continue to be a challenge... or you can grind using very easy DLC maps and then one-hit everything as if it was Normal again. :p I've never played it on Hard; I jumped from Normal to Lunatic.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Yeah. Every time I visit the website or see her and Robin's reveal art, the hype comes flooding back to me. I can't wait to play the both of them. :awesome:
Even though I didn't know much about Robin and Lucina prior to the July trailer, I'm pumped to see them in the game. The trailer itself was absolutely fantastic. The music, the style, and of course seeing the Falcon himself returning in epic fashion, so damn good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom