• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Lunatic is a really nice challenge for the first four/five levels. After that, it can continue to be a challenge... or you can grind using very easy DLC maps and then one-hit everything as if it was Normal again. :p I've never played it on Hard; I jumped from Normal to Lunatic.
I feel like Luna's more of a crapshoot at 1-4 instead of a challenge, but thankfully I'm a DLC grinder (Still need Lost Bloodlines 3), but I feel like the challenge is kept up even if you grind since the arrangements of enemies are different, which helps keep it fresh. Hard for me is a good balance of not needing to grind, but it's useful. Lunatic feels like it requires it more, since everything one shots you nearly.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
It's so unreal.

Robin is no surprise to me, but getting Lucina and a hype trailer with a Fire Emblem motif and Captain ****ing Falcon is tearing the fabrics of dream.
Yeah, having Lucina in the trailer was amazing. It seemed like the trailer was surprised to her too (Lucina wakes her blade!?)

As for Awakening favorite characters:
Lucina
For her personality and wonderful design.
Cherche
For her connection to her mount and her design
Owain
Quotes and general awesomeness
Henry
For his sociopathic personality.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I feel like Luna's more of a crapshoot at 1-4 instead of a challenge, but thankfully I'm a DLC grinder (Still need Lost Bloodlines 3), but I feel like the challenge is kept up even if you grind since the arrangements of enemies are different, which helps keep it fresh. Hard for me is a good balance of not needing to grind, but it's useful. Lunatic feels like it requires it more, since everything one shots you nearly.
Yeah... :p Lunatic is pretty ridiculous in the beginning parts of the game, and for a lot of the game after if you don't grind. The only viable strategy to get through the earlier stages is to abuse the heck out of Frederick, but you've also got to keep in mind stuff like weapon durability and the weapon triangle to a far greater degree than in other difficulties. It can be frustratingly hard and unfair, but it does at least get you to think more deeply about character positioning and the game's mechanics. :)

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I really wanted Lucina in the game, but comparing her render with Robin's, I'm very disappointed in her model for this game. It looks pretty bland and lacks that flair we see in other FE characters.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I really wanted Lucina in the game, but comparing her render with Robin's, I'm very disappointed in her model for this game. It looks pretty bland and lacks that flair we see in other FE characters.
Can I ask what it is that makes you think this? :) I think her model is lovely - especially in the 3DS version, but also in the Wii U screenshots we've seen.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I actually love almost all the Awakening characters.
Cordelia is my favorite, but in my latest play through I've used Say'ri, Panne, and Lucina more. I know Panne and Say'ri really aren't that popular, but they have really grown on me.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Can I ask what it is that makes you think this? :) I think her model is lovely - especially in the 3DS version, but also in the Wii U screenshots we've seen.
I gotta say it's the eyes. Something about them feels so bland and lifeless. But hopefully it's just a work in progress.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
I gotta say it's the eyes. Something about them feels so bland and lifeless. But hopefully it's just a work in progress.
Her model looks great on the 3DS, so I'm hoping they'll use the extra few months of Wii U development to clean up the textures and get them more in line with the 3DS quality.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Awakening Top 5?
(Excluding Robin, cuz I don't hate "myself")

Females:
1) Tharja
2) Emmeryn
3) Lucina
4) Cordelia
5) Noire

Honorable Mentions: Morgan (F) & Tiki

Males:
1) Gaius
2) Stahl
3) Owain
4) Frederick
5) Lon'qu

Honorable Mention: Chrom

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Females:
1. Cordelia
2. Anna
3. Cherche
4. Panne
5. Tiki
Honorable mentions: all of them lol. Specifically tho Say'ri, Severa, Sully, Flavia, and Lucina.

Males:
1. Stahl
2. Gaius
3. Kellam
4. Ricken
5. Henry
Honorable mentions: Chrom, Lon'qu, Gregor, Basilio, and Inigo

Copied @ CommanderRin CommanderRin because I wanted to make a list lol.

Last edited:

Texas Toast

Smash Cadet
NNID
TexasToast-3
3DS FC
1461-6200-1949
I made a signature in Lucinas honor! In one of her supports with Cynthia (in my game I have ChromxSumia so they're sisters), she calls her "Lucy". I am adopting this name for her and attaching a cliche TV Show from the 50's.

:173:

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Awakening Top Picks:

Female:
1) Lucina/Cordelia
2) Cordelia/Lucina
3) Severa
4) Morgan (F)
5) Olivia

Honorable Mentions: Cynthia, Nah, Sumia, My FeMU, Anna, Tiki

Male:
1) Chrom
2) Lon'qu
3) Inigo
4) Stahl
5) Fred-Pick-a-God-and-Pray-Erick

Honorable Mentions: Owain, Gaius Kellam

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Yay! More lists! :awesome:

Female:
1) Lucina
2) Nah
3) Tharja
4) Lissa
5) Olivia/Sumia/Severa

Male:
1) Owain
2) Henry
3) Laurent
4) Brady
5) Chrom

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Ok, Top 5:

Females:
1) Lucina
2) Cordelia
3) Cherche
4) Lissa
5) Cynthia

Males:
1) Henry
2) Owain
3) Stahl
4) Laurent
5) Lon'qu

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Top 5:

Females:
1) Lucina
2) Severa
3) Cordelia
4) Olivia
5) Lissa

Males:
1) Lon'qu
2) Inigo
3) Gaius
4) Owain
5) Donnel

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Discounting Robin...

Females:
1) Morgan
2) Lucina
3) Noire
4) Lissa
5) Tiki

Males:
1) Inigo
2) Gerome
3) Owain
4) Frederick
5) Libra

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
01 Lucina
02 Olivia
03 Emmeryn
04 Cordelia
05 Severa / Tharja

01 Owain
02 Inigo
03 Gaius
04 Frederick
05 Chrom

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Females
  1. Lucina
  2. Morgan
  3. Anna
  4. Tharja
  5. Noire
Males
  1. Owain
  2. Henry
  3. Fred-Pick-a-God-and-Pray-Erick
  4. Chrom
  5. Gaius

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
the flow of lists is comming prepare!!

Females:
1. Lucina(I think people didn't know this yet)
2. Severa
3. Cordelia
4. Olivia
5. Anna

male
1. Lon'qu (Yes I know, He is awesome)
2. masked Marth :awesome:
2. actual number 2 is Gaius
3. Chrom
4. Owain
5. Virion

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Females:
1. Cordelia
2. Cherche
3. Lucina
4.Cynthia
5. Kjelle

Males:
1. Lon'Qu
2. Gerome
3. Walhart
4. Virion
5. Inigo

Hong

The Strongest
My lists include Robin because I do not at all see her or him as myself and I actually like their personality and design. Deal with it.

1) Robin
2) Lucina
3) Cynthia
4) Maribelle
5) Kjelle

1) Robin
2) Brady
3) Gaius
4) Chrom
5) Libra

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
My lists include Robin because I do not at all see her or him as myself and I actually like their personality and design. Deal with it.
That's fine. I just felt it unfair (and a little boring) to have two Robins on the list, nor could I choose between them.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I haven't gotten to recruiting Kjelle yet, how is she as a unit and a character? I'm too lazy to look up her wiki page haha.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
She's alright but it really depends on what you wanna do with her and the stats and skills you pass down to her. I used her alot cause I'm a sucker for female knights and generals in any FE game.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I haven't gotten to recruiting Kjelle yet, how is she as a unit and a character? I'm too lazy to look up her wiki page haha.
My first two play-throughs I didn't use her too much, in my current playthrough, I've been using her a bit more. She's a decent unit.
Edit: However, any unit can be a beast if you put time into them.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Well, she's Sully's very own, so she is fast and dependable. Donnel is a great father for her, granting her the Pegasus Knight and Mercenary class, with it some more survivability. Overall one of my favourite units, with the right genetics.

As far as personality goes, one of my favourites. All she cares about is fighting and the pursuit of being the ultimate warrior, and unlike Vaike, she isn't thick-headed because of it.

Also, I like the romantic implications she has with Severa.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Well, she's Sully's very own, so she is fast and dependable. Donnel is a great father for her, granting her the Pegasus Knight and Mercenary class, with it some more survivability. Overall one of my favourite units, with the right genetics.

As far as personality goes, one of my favourites. All she cares about is fighting and the pursuit of being the ultimate warrior, and unlike Vaike, she isn't thick-headed because of it.

Also, I like the romantic implications she has with Severa.
I like Sully-Kellam/Kjelle
That def stat will be the highest in the game, her strenght will be good as well. She will get theif and cleric I believe, but cleric is not usefull for Kjelle sadly, It does give the skill healtouch when promoted into a warcleric. Theif gives acces to Assasin and Trickster which also give pretty good skills. From Sully she gets Wyvern rider, Myrmidon and Cavelier. Myrmidon is one of my favorite classes as it gives acces to the assasin class and Swordmaster class. swordfaire, astra, lithality are awesome.

her base class gives acces to great knight and general. She is also one of the few characters that can get acces to both damage reducing skills pavise as general and I forgot what the other one is called :(
Pavise is accesable as a general and the otherone is accasable thanks to the cavalier class which will give the palladin class.

Defensive beast and offensive very good to.

I know you in particular know most of this stuff @ Hong Hong but just for those who don't :)

I like to just put her in slight range of the enemy and then send my units that are used for kills kill them.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
I do that with Nah.

Kellam is a great father. Manakete are already immensely robust. You can increase that def stat even more by having Kellam as the father. Whether you use her on the enemy phase as a damage sponge or pair her with str/mag hybrid classes, she is great as a Manakete. Another great option for her with Kellam as the father is a Trickster. A great, reliable healer with a lot of utility, and she can comfortably play it a little reckless.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Females:
1) Lucina
2) Severa
3) Morgan (F)
4) Cynthia
5) Cordelia / Lissa

Males:
1) Owain
2) Inigo
3) Chrom
4) Lon'qu
5) Henry

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I do that with Nah.

Kellam is a great father. Manakete are already immensely robust. You can increase that def stat even more by having Kellam as the father. Whether you use her on the enemy phase as a damage sponge or pair her with str/mag hybrid classes, she is great as a Manakete. Another great option for her with Kellam as the father is a Trickster. A great, reliable healer with a lot of utility, and she can comfortably play it a little reckless.
Thats a great option indeed.

now we are on the topic anyway how do you feel about Cordelia-Lon'qu/Severa?

I think Lon'qu is one of the better fathers for her. She gets fast as hell, she has high skill and decent strength. She can get the skills: Galeforce, Astra, Sol, Swordfaire, armsthirft. and the black hair looks amazing on her.:estatic:

Hong

The Strongest
Thats a great option indeed.

now we are on the topic anyway how do you feel about Cordelia-Lon'qu/Severa?

I think Lon'qu is one of the better fathers for her. She gets fast as hell, she has high skill and decent strength. She can get the skills: Galeforce, Astra, Sol, Swordfaire, armsthirft. and the black hair looks amazing on her.:estatic:
I always choose Lon'qu as her father. The only other good option I could think of would be perhaps Stahl since you at least still get the Myrmidon options.

I go with Galeforce/Lethality/Sol/Armsthrift/Filler. Last skill becomes Limit Breaker when the time is appropriate.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
So little love for Nah. ;_;
Nah is awesome! I love Nah!

I always choose Lon'qu as her father. The only other good option I could think of would be perhaps Stahl since you at least still get the Myrmidon options.

I go with Galeforce/Lethality/Sol/Armsthrift/Filler. Last skill becomes Limit Breaker when the time is appropriate.
Myrmidon is so good in awakening <3

Lon'qu-Cordelia/Severa just seems perfect based on their personality to.
Lon'qu just seems the perfect father for someone like Severa and I like their support more then I like it wth any other father.

I like to switch things up but I always seem to marry Lon'qu and Cordelia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom