• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slushi Simcabi

Smash Cadet
Serra's terrible irrelevant. If we got a healer, I'd imagine it be Lissa.

Best idea for Assist Trophy:
Emmeryn
She falls from the sky, dealing massive damage to your opponents. And herself unfortunately.
Marvelous.

She must do so in slow motion with super depressing music playing, however

And a monologue.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I just realized that when you advance a class, it resets them back to level one. Is it worth it to grind Sumia from level 1 back to 15 for Galeforce? If I am correct, you can get Lucina the skill by either passing it on through Sumia, or switching her to a Dark Flier, but I'd want Galeforce on whatever class Lucina starts out as (Lord?)

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I just realized that when you advance a class, it resets them back to level one. Is it worth it to grind Sumia from level 1 back to 15 for Galeforce? If I am correct, you can get Lucina the skill by either passing it on through Sumia, or switching her to a Dark Flier, but I'd want Galeforce on whatever class Lucina starts out as (Lord?)
It's better to grind out galeforce on all of the parents that can get it to pass on to the kids. That way they can focus on another class instead of Dark flier.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
mffff

so is sumia just gonna be like op compared to the rest because level 15 upgrade to dark flier + 15 levels

Also, Chrom and Sumia are gonna die from eating all these goddamn pies!

Last edited:

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
mffff

so is sumia just gonna be like op compared to the rest because level 15 upgrade to dark flier + 15 levels

pretty much all the females need to be overpowered some for the children, but Sumia ends up Overpowered the earliest to give Lucina Galeforce. It's actually worse for the other females that get galeforce since most of them you promote the unit then level them to 20 THEN change seal into dark flier THEN level them to 15 to get galeforce.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Personally, I don't think it's worth it for a first playthrough, as the skill, at least for me breaks the game, coupled by the fact, that you need to overlevel the unit early for other characters to abuse the skill. But, that's just my two cents. I'm not that big of fan of making something beyond OP especially when it's the first time, but it's probably because I like to have a challenge for most of the game instead of breezing through everything. Post-Campaign, though is when I do make my characters top percentage because it's one of the few things you can do without most of the DLC.... Awakening is the game in the series, that you can literally break when it comes to making everyone and their mother OP, plus with the Pair Up system it's even worse.
Keep in mind this is just me, and I am in not trying to force this decision upon you, but rather shedding light on the fact.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, that was a localization issue. The japanese has bento boxes (or something along those similar lines), which is basically a lunch box. Why they didn't just translate it to sandwich or something, I don't know, since as you said it's really odd to have all these pies.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
GANGREL KILLED MARIBELLE

it was either her or Frederick and I got scareddd

should I soft reset or no

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
GANGREL KILLED MARIBELLE

it was either her or Frederick and I got scareddd

should I soft reset or no
Depends if you want to try a no death run, or keep only the people you need to survive. If the former soft reset, if the latter, is Maribelle a important unit to you, or not really?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I finished Chapter 11 without anybody dying, yay!

Something that was funny is that for the first two turns I moved everyone just beyond where the enemies could be hit, and then shoved Chrom (w/ Sumia - S-Support) and Robin (w/ Ricken - B-Support) and like half the map came at them and they dodged everything and killed half of it, lol.

Chapter 12 looks scary :c

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I finished Chapter 11 without anybody dying, yay!

Something that was funny is that for the first two turns I moved everyone just beyond where the enemies could be hit, and then shoved Chrom (w/ Sumia - S-Support) and Robin (w/ Ricken - B-Support) and like half the map came at them and they dodged everything and killed half of it, lol.
Welcome to the glory of an OP Wall character.

Chapter 12 looks scary :c
If Panne has Beastbane already, she'll be one of your best buddies.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Is it bad if I never do classic mode? I hate permadeath as a game mechanic.
For me, it honestly doesn't matter. No matter what game I play, what their rules on death are, if someone dies, I reset. So there's no reason for me not to play on Classic.

Except that I lose access to the two mid-battle save files. >.<

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Nah, it's fine. I hate permadeath as much as the next guy. I think it's cool but I don't like to soft reset after so much progress into a chapter because one unit of mines die.

The GBA games always had me on the edge, but eventually I just gave up caring for units and continued on with my day.

That or I suck at keeping people alive
I like my units alive :(

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I almost always reset whenever somebody dies. Luckily I've only had to reset a couple times for Maribelle, Donnel, and Sumia. I only stayed on Classic because I wanted to see what it's like to play it, but... I hate seeing people die. It's horrible.

also i wanted to kill vaike

@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 wat

whats beastbane

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I almost always reset whenever somebody dies. Luckily I've only had to reset a couple times for Maribelle, Donnel, and Sumia. I only stayed on Classic because I wanted to see what it's like to play it, but... I hate seeing people die. It's horrible.

Aw, why Vaike?

Actually, I don't much like him either. But it is worth noting that Vaike + Cherche produce the child with the highest strength modifier in the game (not counting Morgan).

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Aw, why Vaike?

Actually, I don't much like him either. But it is worth noting that Vaike + Cherche produce the child with the highest strength modifier in the game (not counting Morgan).
He's not dead yet but I like to think he is.

I might kill him post-game after he's done my bidding.

also what the heck is beastbane

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

@ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 wat

whats beastbane
I just had Vaike marry Nowi, and pretend Robin had him arrested for pedophilia after Grima was defeated. Despite the fact Robin's married to Lucina...

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I just had Vaike marry Nowi, and pretend Robin had him arrested for pedophilia after Grima was defeated. Despite the fact Robin's married to Lucina...
omg hide grima stuff

i haven't finished the game=(

WAIT

Nowi can marry? WHAT? WHO THE HELL WOULD EVEN HAVE A CHILD WITH HER WHAT THE HELL?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
He's not dead yet but I like to think he is.

I might kill him post-game after he's done my bidding.

also what the heck is beastbane
A skill that Taguel get at level 15. It makes their attacks while in Beastform do critical damage to all rider units. This includes Cavaliers, Paladins, Great Knights, Pegasus Knights, Falcoknights, Dark Fliers, Wyvern Riders, Wyvern Lords, Griffon Riders, and other Taguel (which I don't think you see any of). It's kind of broken much more than the Beastslayer weapon usually is in games, because those weapons never used to work on fliers. Now they do. So any flying units and all riders are Panne's playthings.

Critical Damage means multiple the strength of the weapon by 3 with each attack. You can then get a critical hit and further triple the attack damage.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
A skill that Taguel get at level 15. It makes their attacks while in Beastform do critical damage to all rider units. This includes Cavaliers, Paladins, Great Knights, Pegasus Knights, Falcoknights, Dark Fliers, Wyvern Riders, Wyvern Lords, Griffon Riders, and other Taguel (which I don't think you see any of). It's kind of broken much more than the Beastslayer weapon usually is in games, because those weapons never used to work on fliers. Now they do. So any flying units and all riders are Panne's playthings.

Critical Damage means multiple the strength of the weapon by 3 with each attack. You can then get a critical hit and further triple the attack damage.
Ooh, I might do some grinding now. One problem I have with Panne is that she seems to die really fast. I thought it was level originally, but she just likes to die fast, same with Nowi.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
omg hide grima stuff

i haven't finished the game=(

WAIT

Nowi can marry? WHAT? WHO THE HELL WOULD EVEN HAVE A CHILD WITH HER WHAT THE HELL?
People would marry Nowi for youthfulness. I love Henry's support with Nowi. It's beautiful.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Not knowing about kids, I can believe.

Not knowing about supports, when around Chapter 2 the game literally stops after you beat it to yell SUPPORTS UNLOCKED and waits for you to acknowledge this before moving on ...

Also, Say'ri. Sigh. Say'ri. Victim of really bad writing, i.e. the most poorly written arc in the game.

Say'ri: "I am the leader of the resistance, and I am severely boned because my brother has the majority of the dynasts under control and he defected to Walhart. What an ***. About half the people in the resistance are spies and the dynasts not allied with Walhart or Yen'fay are turncoats who'd leap to join the winning side."

Chrom: "Fear not, FOR I AM HERE. ANYTHING CAN CHANGE. THINK AGAIN. BEHOLD MY MAGNIFICENT BRANDED SWIMMING TRUNKS."

Say'ri: "Er ..."

Excellus: "YO. I'm literally as close to Jabba the Hutt as a biological human can be. It's not like you could tell that I'm evil and manipulative with SUBTLE CUES or anything."

Yen'fay: "..."

Excellus: "YENNY BOY! SO YOU'RE ACTUALLY A GOOD GUY BUT I FORCED YOU TO JOIN THE BAD GUYS BY THREATENING YOUR SISTER. NOW YOU WILL NEED TO DEFEAT HER ALLIES. IN SPITE OF WANTING TO BE ON THEIR SIDE. BECAUSE YOU'RE A GOOD GUY. WHO I HAVE MANIPULATED. WITH MANIPULATION. TO WORK FOR THE BAD GUYS. CLEAR?"

Excellus: "WONDERFUL CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, BY THE WAY."

Lucina: "So I've 1 turned all these chapters with Cynthia's Galeforce assistance and Brady's Rescue spam, why do we have like five boss-kills in a row, again? This last dude I killed had a Noble Rapier on him, that was nice and probably the most memorable thing about him."

[To clarify, Yen'fay is now DEAD. The player tries to care, but his character dead is astoundingly similar to his character alive.]

Excellus: "CURSES. The one person I had manipulated had control of all the dynasts and he is now dead, so I can't use my only leverage, because it is very specific to just the dead guy. Will the dynasts stay loyal to me? Probably. I cannot foresee this going bad at all. I shouldn't use my teleport hax for strategic assassinations, further threats and blackmail, escape routes or anything important like that."

Lucina: "One turned Walhart as well ..."

Excellus: "OKAY, WHAT THE F -"

Lucina: "Ew, dude, are you Jabba? Wrong universe, Broski. Anyway, my sister needs to stick her lance in you for Galeforce purposes. Thanks for being conveniently situated eight spaces from Walhart in this next Walhart chapter."

Excellus: "..."

[EXCELLUS is now DEAD as well. He's not even important enough to not really die even when we clearly see his hitpoints go to zero.]

Lucina: "Hey, Walhart. Again."

Walhart: "INSOLENT FOOL! I SHALL URK URG SPLUGRLE FLURG"

Lucina: "Yeah, it's hard to talk when you're spewing blood. Did you really think that having Conquest negate my Noble Rapier would mean I couldn't still ORKO you?" *calling to Robin* "ANOTHER ONE-TURN, whoop-de-doo. Let's get to postgame ASAP so I can feel challenged again."

Aversa: "By the way, Walhart totally was massing an army to crush the Grimleal." *drops mic and exits*

Robin: "WAIT, WHAT? He was really a good guy? And so was Yen'fay on the right side all along? And we messed it up? Sure Walhart wanted to take over the world but if he had rallied an army for world-saving purposes we could have opened diplomatic negotiations and settled this whole war business AFTER STOPPING THE SCENERY CHEWING WORLD DEVOURING DEMIGOD-DRAGON. GODDAMN IT WALHART WHY DO YOU SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKK"

Lucina: "Wait, this means Jabba was technically a good guy as well. Sort of."

Robin: *hurls*

Lucina: "Technicalities. Whatever, let's move on so I can keep being awesome."

Cynthia: "With my help! Right?"

Lucina: *ruffles her hair* "Couldn't do it without you, sis. Or you, Brady. Or Gerome, or Severa, or Morgan. You guys are all invaluable, my staunchest companions -"

Chrom: "What about me?"

Lucina: "Oh, you're useless. Dude, you kicked it in my lifetime. There was a reason for that. Let the kids handle this, kay, popski?"

Robin: "Don't bother arguing. She's correct. I'm only useful because I'm literal hax. Just like them."

Lissa: "Do I have a future kid?"

Robin: "Once I figure out if you should marry Virion or Libra."

Lissa: "What?"

Robin: "Nothing."

God Valm is stupid.
This story speaks to me, especially Excellus....

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Vaike? The douchebag who leaves his axe behind in the middle of a war? The annoying prick who never shuts the hell up?

you talkin' about vaike
Yeah. That's what his name was. Shows how much I liked Awakening haha. I only remember like 3 characters names from that game, but can remember practically the entire Radiant Dawn cast.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
what

is he really such a crazy beast in the game
With tender love and care, he can be.

Butttttt he just dies all the time in my save file.
He'll get no sympathy from me.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Classic mode is only worth it IMO if you want to be able to brag that you did it on Classic mode. :p I reset every time someone dies on Classic and it ends up just becoming frustrating. Newcomer was much more enjoyable for me - although being able to drop a worthless unit onto the very edge of the enemy's attack range and lure their entire squad into a terrible defensive formation is kinda OP. :p

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Personally, I don't think it's worth it for a first playthrough, as the skill, at least for me breaks the game, coupled by the fact, that you need to overlevel the unit early for other characters to abuse the skill. But, that's just my two cents. I'm not that big of fan of making something beyond OP especially when it's the first time, but it's probably because I like to have a challenge for most of the game instead of breezing through everything. Post-Campaign, though is when I do make my characters top percentage because it's one of the few things you can do without most of the DLC.... Awakening is the game in the series, that you can literally break when it comes to making everyone and their mother OP, plus with the Pair Up system it's even worse.
Keep in mind this is just me, and I am in not trying to force this decision upon you, but rather shedding light on the fact.
The best challenge in the game, for me anyways, comes from Lunatic post-game, no pair-up Risen skirmishes.

Pity they're all routs. Some of the maps make for some very interesting tactics though.

Also Lunatic after you got the kids was kind of fun, there were several chapters I finished in under three turns. It's nice to treat the game as a puzzle and figure out how to get your boss-slayer across the map to end it quickly.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The best challenge in the game, for me anyways, comes from Lunatic post-game, no pair-up Risen skirmishes.

Pity they're all routs. Some of the maps make for some very interesting tactics though.

Also Lunatic after you got the kids was kind of fun, there were several chapters I finished in under three turns. It's nice to treat the game as a puzzle and figure out how to get your boss-slayer across the map to end it quickly.
Map where you get Lucina. One-turn victory. Map fighting up the tree. One-turn victory. No Rescue staves.

Galeforce be broken.

That said, for challenge I play Apotheosis. That map and the special waves on it really tax your tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom