• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
The "Support" conversations are so funny <3

I love seeing Sumia w/ Chrom and Ricken w/ Robin

Just finished Chapter 9...

:crying:
:4lucina:

Last edited by a moderator:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I might use Lucy to test out all the custom moves she can get (if she shares ones with Marth). Or just use different specials on her. I guess she'll become something like Falco in that sense.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Well not LITERALLY but yeah...
Tharja could be easily toned down, as I said before, if they just make her lace really dark so you cant see through it, and keep her cleavage at a reasonable size.

I think her hexes would be best if they inflicted some initial damage, inverted your controls, and poisoned you all at once.
It would be hilarious.
If they censored her outfit, I'd be all for Tharja's inclusion (and it wouldn't be too hard; just remove the transparency). She's a great character. :)

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
I want one. Will it have the ability to swap for the long hair and maskless face?
I don't see why not? My Pit and Link figma came with different facial expressions so I think it would! Also to avoid spoilers (unlike Sakurai) they have the figure listed as "Marth" on most sites!

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Bring in Hector to join Lyn (in marriage) or bring in Owain to just be awesome. There's so many character you could choose from it isn't even funny. Hell, use Zelgius. That'll leave an impression.

darthnazgul

Smash Cadet
NNID
darthnzgul
Even though I'm not a Fire Emblem fan (I don't dislike it, I've just never gotten around to it), I quite like Lucina as an addition. I just really like the design.

The one thing that concerns me is if someone is playing as Lucina and someone else is playing Marth. When battles get chaotic or fast-paced, I tend to focus on the characters' silhouette to distinguish them. It might take me a second to realise the difference between the two.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Even though I'm not a Fire Emblem fan (I don't dislike it, I've just never gotten around to it), I quite like Lucina as an addition. I just really like the design.

The one thing that concerns me is if someone is playing as Lucina and someone else is playing Marth. When battles get chaotic or fast-paced, I tend to focus on the characters' silhouette to distinguish them. It might take me a second to realise the difference between the two.
Characters have different color outlines for team colors, and different pallets choices. How did you differentiate between Kirby and Jigglypuff?

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord

I hope she gets some nice alt colors to help her stand out. Just... for the love of Naga, don't let the girl pick out her own colors.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I would like an FE Assist Trophy that doesnt attack, but instead changes status or affects the stage.

darthnazgul

Smash Cadet
NNID
darthnzgul
Characters have different color outlines for team colors, and different pallets choices. How did you differentiate between Kirby and Jigglypuff?
I rarely did, actually. When I first started out with Melee, I found it pretty difficult since my TV back then was fairly small. I've gotten better at it though, I'm just worried it might be a repeat. And like Ryuutakeshi said, alt colours can help.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I hope she gets some nice alt colors to help her stand out. Just... for the love of Naga, don't let the girl pick out her own colors.
To be fair, those would result in very unique alternate costumes for her... and it'd be hard to confuse her... But yeah, don't let her do it. Girl's got no sense.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't see why not? My Pit and Link figma came with different facial expressions so I think it would! Also to avoid spoilers (unlike Sakurai) they have the figure listed as "Marth" on most sites!
I have the Link one. And an Iron Man one.
Yeah, I'm getting it. That's going right next to my imported soundtracks and my Lucina Amiibo.
I'm so getting the Lucina and Robin amiibos.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. I will say in spite of my want, Lucina's reveal and inclusion made me even more surprised and pleased than even Robin. Robin had that unique factor to him, but Lucina kept getting called Marth 2.0 and stuff like that which made me worried she'd be stuck as his alt. Turns out she was until Sakurai changed that.

Yay Sakurai.
I'm honestly surprised a lot of people thought Lucina was an alt costume at first glance. For me at least, I immediately knew she was a newcomer the minute they showed the watermark. I can understand being confused with the small square at first, but I knew that if she was a costume swap, they wouldn't make it very big. Let alone, show one with its own homepage. It would have been more obvious if she were to be a costume swap. Good thing Sakurai cleared that confusion with the pic of the day for Lucina the next day.:laugh: And even better was Lucina being her own playable character!!:joyful:

Slushi Simcabi

Smash Cadet
I would like an FE Assist Trophy that doesnt attack, but instead changes status or affects the stage.
Olivia would be an interesting pick.
She could provide a brief damage and movement boost, plus I get my waifu in the game.

The only issue is that Olivia (as with Tharja) is... rather scantily clad. She could be toned down for certain if they really wanted to use her.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm honestly surprised a lot of people thought Lucina was an alt costume at first glance. For me at least, I immediately knew she was a newcomer the minute they showed the watermark. I can understand being confused with the small square at first, but I knew that if she was a costume swap, they wouldn't make it very big. Let alone, show one with its own homepage. It would have been more obvious if she were to be a costume swap. Good thing Sakurai cleared that confusion with the pic of the day for Lucina the next day.:laugh: And even better was Lucina being her own playable character!!:joyful:
I was afraid she'd be just an alt long before the watermark. Before the announce trailer. It just made a lot of sense. I'm glad she's a separate character, though.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I know Panne wasn't too popular, but I personally loved her and I think it would be really cool to see a taguel assist trophy

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I know Panne wasn't too popular, but I personally loved her and I think it would be really cool to see a taguel assist trophy
Panne's a great character, and a Taguel with Beaststone+ and Beastbane is pretty absurdly powerful, given that all cavalry, including air units, are affected by it.

I just really dislike Yarne.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I think I can safely say that I knew what her place would be and even predicted when she would be shown(Just predict a character everytime they anounce a character and you'll be right or wrong 1 day)

As a supporter I have to show how much I believe. Some of it was trying to give others hope some of it was because I really believed in it. Thats the way to give a group of people power to go on :)

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I think I can safely say that I knew what her place would be and even predicted when she would be shown(Just predict a character everytime they anounce a character and you'll be right or wrong 1 day)

As a supporter I have to show how much I believe. Some of it was trying to give others hope some of it was because I really believed in it. Thats the way to give a group of people power to go on :)
I thought she was going to be a secret character.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I was actually surprised by the notion that she was an alt upgraded to a separate fighter. Even if I'm still not high on her being quite a clone of Marth (again...). It led me imagine Chrom was gonna be an Alt for Ike as well, letting us get everyone... but I suppose not.

Also, I just watched all the Future Past DLC-footage and I think I might not sleep due all the feels.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I was actually surprised by the notion that she was an alt upgraded to a separate fighter. Even if I'm still not high on her being quite a clone of Marth (again...). It led me imagine Chrom was gonna be an Alt for Ike as well, letting us get everyone... but I suppose not.

Also, I just watched all the Future Past DLC-footage and I think I might not sleep due all the feels.
There were many feels in that DLC. Too many feels. Thank god for the Scramble pack and it's drunken Severa and implied Morgan-making, Chrom-traumatizing goodness.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I knew Lucina was a character from the start and was getting annoyed at everyone saying she was a costume.

Future Past DLC is awesomely awesome. The game has so many good DLC packs.

Morbi

Scavenger
I knew Lucina was a character from the start and was getting annoyed at everyone saying she was a costume.

I never thought that she was a character from the start; however, I did always find her to be the more ideal "blue-haired Lord," I always thought she was more likely than Chrom.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice

As a supporter I have to show how much I believe. Some of it was trying to give others hope, some of it was because I really believed in it. Thats the way to give a group of people power to go on :)
When I created my prediction roster, I just had this feeling Lucina was playable and I just knew she was going to be. Load and behold we were right!

Well, I'm an optimist myself and someone that uses that and hope as a driving force and uses it through the tough times. Which can be a good thing. I really like the last quote, it's very true and touching:). Heck, I still have faith in Mewtwo being playable despite the situation being grim and bleak to others. I show how much I believe in the characters I want as well. As Lucina would say "Hope will never die" and you guys got your wish! Now it's Ridley and Mewtwo's turn!

Heck, I came here to this thread to prove why Lucina is a worthy newcomer and so you guys wouldn't have to deal with the constant bashing. It really reminded me of when everyone thought R.O.B. was a waste of a character and I felt bad for the poor guy as he is one of my mains, a cool bizarre character, and one that saved video game history and the industry itself from the crash of 1983 and I hope he returns:sadeyes:.

I'm also supporting the Ridley thread as we speak and am trying to find a Mewtwo thread to support as well. King K.rool, Shulk, and Ghiraham fans have all my support as well.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
When I created my prediction roster, I just had this feeling Lucina was playable and I just knew she was going to be. Load and behold we were right!

Well, I'm an optimist myself and someone that uses that and hope as a driving force and uses it through the tough times. Which can be a good thing. I really like the last quote, it's very true and touching:). Heck, I still have faith in Mewtwo being playable despite the situation being grim and bleak to others. I show how much I believe in the characters I want as well. As Lucina would say "Hope will never die" and you guys got your wish! Now it's Ridley and Mewtwo's turn!

Heck, I came here to this thread to prove why Lucina is a worthy newcomer and so you guys wouldn't have to deal with the constant bashing. It really reminded me of when everyone thought R.O.B. was a waste of a character and I felt bad for the poor guy as he is one of my mains, a cool bizarre character, and one that saved video game history and the industry itself from the crash of 1983 and I hope he returns:sadeyes:.

I'm also supporting the Ridley thread as we speak and am trying to find a Mewtwo thread to support as well. King K.rool, Shulk, and Ghiraham fans have all my support as well.
Hopefully all of your support pays off. It's time we see some more villains in the game, and I think Ridley and K. Rool would be great for that, with Girahim and a close third.

I still think Shulk will make it to.

Hope never dies.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully all of your support pays off. It's time we see some more villains in the game, and I think Ridley and K. Rool would be great for that, with Girahim and a close third.

I still think Shulk will make it to.

Hope never dies.
No kidding:laugh:. Even so, I have fun talking to you guys and being on smashboards:). I am very confident those characters will make it in though. Especially Ridley and Shulk with so much pointing towards their inclusions. Agreed, we got more female characters that we needed, which is great! Now its the villains time to shine. All three of them I think are deserving and worthy of playable character status. K.rool in fact is my second most wanted character for smash bros. 4. Ghiraham I feel would introduce a new sword fighting style or fighting style smash has never seen yet! I feel he has great moveset potential and is a very cool and creepy character that many people like, especially Japan. Reminds me of one of my favorite villain characters Kefka.

I am very confident Shulk is playable as well, despite what happened to Gematsu...

Very true!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Just want to say congrats on Lucina being playable in Smash 4! Gotta say it was quite a surprise when I first saw the trailer I was quite surprised (and in a good way) to get the reveals of Lucina, Robin, and Capt. Falcon after mostly everyone, including myself, was expecting Shulk that day.

It doesn't matter to me that she has a similar moveset to Marth, but hopefully there will be at least a few more differences as we see a little bit more. Looking forward to trying her out when the game comes out!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Oh no, not Serra. ANYTHING BUT SERRA!!!
Serra's terrible irrelevant. If we got a healer, I'd imagine it be Lissa.

Best idea for Assist Trophy:
Emmeryn
She falls from the sky, dealing massive damage to your opponents. And herself unfortunately.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

This game seriously has the best DLCs I have seen for any game. Ever.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I normaly want to stay away from roster prediction and change ratings cuze I feel it's a wrong thing.
Why in hack would we guess how likely someone is if that can change with 1 day of Sakurai pictures. We where right often but we where wrong a lot of times as well.

I only predict numbers which I think will be within 52 to 55 which leaves room for 16 to 19 characters. most of which will be veteran characters obviously (I think 12, Mewtwo can be 1 of those) and 4 to 7 newcomers left which I feel is very well possible.)

Back on topic. I would love to see Cordelia, Tharja, Gaius and Lon'Qu beeing and Assist trophy! They are acordingto Japanese poll the most popular characters that are ot yet in the game. I do ot count child units cuze they HAVE to be Lucina's Final smash!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom