• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results! Updated (6/28)

Irsic

Smash Ace
Actually Tyr - There are some very good Jigglypuff players in the MW, but I heard one of them may have temporarily retired.

Uffe

Smash Hero
just wait for Ness' second jump+fair or airdodge, hit again, then absorb pk thunder
I know you're good with Lucas, but this is easier said than done, though it can be done. But don't think that Ness' only options are going to be what you just wrote. Ness can do the same thing to Lucas. Believe it or not, not a lot of Lucas mains zap jump to return to safety, so Ness can basically do the same thing to Lucas. Also, Ness can very well PKFl Lucas while he does his zap jump or can PKT2 Lucas as he recovers with his zap jump. I've seen a Ness main do this and I even pulled this off yesterday against a Lucas player. Yeah, easier said than done, but can be done. It all depends on the situation.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I know you're good with Lucas, but this is easier said than done, though it can be done. But don't think that Ness' only options are going to be what you just wrote. Ness can do the same thing to Lucas. Believe it or not, not a lot of Lucas mains zap jump to return to safety, so Ness can basically do the same thing to Lucas. Also, Ness can very well PKFl Lucas while he does his zap jump or can PKT2 Lucas as he recovers with his zap jump. I've seen a Ness main do this and I even pulled this off yesterday against a Lucas player. Yeah, easier said than done, but can be done. It all depends on the situation.
Yes but lucas has the tether. At a position where lucas' tether is in reach ness has to use his PKT to recover making him gimpable at a position like this.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yes but lucas has the tether. At a position where lucas' tether is in reach ness has to use his PKT to recover making him gimpable at a position like this.
I've been in situations where my opponent would edgehog me. A lot of times I still made it back without having to grab the edge. Also, Ness' PKT2 has this after shock on it which could possibly stage spike his opponent hogging the edge. I've done it to a Samus before and she has a tether recovery as well. I know Ness' recovery isn't the best, but it's not the worst, either. Lucas can be just as easily edgehogged.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Ness recovers a lot just by using his second jump. Ness players don't even have to use PKT2 to recover often against Lucas because Lucas doesn't have moves that hit you downward or horizontally. You're almost never in a situation where Ness has to put himself in a bad position while recovering. Edgeguarding will most often be from on stage rather than off except on the rare occasions where we make Ness lose his second jump.

We gimp a lot of characters much more easily than Ness and a lot of characters gimp Ness much more easily than we can.

Lucas can avoid every edgeguard there is. Getting gimped with Lucas means you ****ed up big time, nothing else. You could have avoided it.

F-haru 1952

Smash Rookie
???

Gimping Ness (as in, at the point where he has to use PKT) is easy. Go for the bair spike (if you miss, you sap his thunder), or my favorite is to just chase him with your own PKT; when his comes out, destroy it. :)

I've yet to have a problem edgeguarding Ness. Just get above him to avoid the fair.

Irsic

Smash Ace
You have two things to watch out for from Ness recovering - fair and dair. Dair is a big nono. I think PK Fire is the easiest way to guard him.

Also, MK is easily avoidable because you can just stall while waiting off his jumps, though sometimes when you do make it back tot he stage, it's very difficult to avoid him recovering with a shuttle loop, knocking you to the otherside. -_-

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Brawl on the Hill II
(School tournament, no thread)
1st of 14
$1 entry fee

1. Tyr (Lucas/MK/Wario)
2. e_ (Marth)
3. Mitch (Olimar/Ness)
4. Vincent (Sheik)
5. Ethan (ROB/Falco)
6. Jeff (Snake)
6. Cory (Toon Link)
6. Conner (Wolf)
9. Eric (Snake)
9. Deniz (Pikachu)
11. Chris (Dedede)
12. Mike (Samus)
12. Dill (Sheik)
14. Andrew

Massive round robin that I ran at my school for fun. Top 4 went into bracket. A lot of games weren't played because people realized they couldn't make it into top 4 and/or that they generally sucked at the game so the placings are really weird. 14th place was disqualified for not showing up for his games. Round robin with 14 people and only two tv's in a limited amount of time = a terrible idea.

I used Lucas for the majority of the games but I've been messing around with Wario and Metaknight recently for fun. These are just fun to run at school to get people interested in competitive smash.

c3gill

Smash Ace
2nd in Singles, 3rd in teams @ my Smokers tournament.

Doubles my partner (Falco) and I ran into a lot of trouble with a Wolf / Falco team. We lost to them in the 2nd round, and won straight to Losers finals, where we lost to them again. We got up 2-0 and blew it. I blew it, with the Wolf dude @ 88% 1 Stock and me at 55% 2 Stocks, on Norfair. Then I blew it again on Luigi's Mansion. I got my revenge, beating Wolf dude in 5 games in the Losers Finals of Singles. Took forever, but I finally figured him out.

I also lost to a pretty good DK (Winners Finals and then Grand Finals)- I managed to take him to 5 games in our first match, then he 3-0ed me.

Things learned:

Wolf outranges the **** out of Lucas.
Wolf is a *****.
DK is decent on Green Greens, not on Norfair.
I need to work on my timing.

Super Shadow Brawler 99

Smash Apprentice
Anybody try to use Pk fire to give Lucas a backward momentum, then use his down B to push him even further back to the stage? This makes a good recovery move if your high enough over the stage and a good way to dodge Ness offstage. It works for me pretty good and something Ness can't do with his down B. It may have been said, but just throwing it out there as another recovery move that requires practice.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Anybody try to use Pk fire to give Lucas a backward momentum, then use his down B to push him even further back to the stage? This makes a good recovery move if your high enough over the stage and a good way to dodge Ness offstage. It works for me pretty good and something Ness can't do with his down B. It may have been said, but just throwing it out there as another recovery move that requires practice.
Yeah thats been known for awhile now.

Oh, and if you didnt see it Ally just 3-1'd M2K in grand finals of Apex.
Good ****

Megapants

Smash Apprentice
Yeah thats been known for awhile now.

Oh, and if you didnt see it Ally just 3-1'd M2K in grand finals of Apex.
Good ****
Everyone seems to be beating M2K now. Reflex did it with PT, Lain just did it with IC's. I think M2K is either losing his touch or he is just bored and wants to throw a few bones around.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Reflex did not beat M2K with PT. He took a match off M2K with PT. Not even close to the same thing.

And no, Ally and Lain are just that ****ing good.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
Originally Posted by JCaesar007
What I remember:

1: Chu Dat (Mostly ICs, also Kirby, Falcon, Ivy)
2: Yes! (Fox and a little Snake)
3: NinjaLink (Mostly Diddy, also Zelda, Ike, and others)
4: Hylian (G&W and Marth)
5: Boss (Mario & Luigi)
5: Slikvik (G&W and Peach)
7: Meep (Marth and Lucario)
7: Silven (Ike)
9: DJ Nintendo (Bowser)
9: Blackanese (dunno)
9: Crismas (Peach?)
9: Okin (Lucas)
13: JCaesar (Squirtle and ROB)
13: D1 (dunno)
13: PhillyRider (Peach)
13: Holy Nightmare (dunno)
17: GIMR (dunno)
17: Turbo Gilman (Fox and DDD)
17: Phase (dunno)
17: Beta Zealot (dunno)
17: ThumbsWayUp (dunno)
17: Dojo (dunno)
17: daPuffster (dunno)
17: Kage (dunno)
25: Xivk (dunno)
25: TUSM (dunno)
25: .com (dunno)
25: Rev (dunno)
25: HAT (DQed)
25: Hoyo (dunno)
25: SteveH (DK)
25: Ebo (dunno)
33: Rei (dunno)
33: Blast (dunno)
33: Camalange (dunno)
33: Mew2King (DQed)
BRAWL+ ftw???
This was at Apex. Okin is east coast iirc
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233459

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Woohoo Go Tyr ^_^

Stupid question, but where does the tourney placing start to count as tourney results?
Uhhh, I think that didn't make sense. Hmm...

Like if you get 10th place with Lucas, do you get tourney results points for Lucas?
Or is it not possible to get tourney results added for your character after a specific rank...

Hmm, I'm not good at explaining and being specific. Hopefully you know what I'm trying to say. :urg:

Levitas

the moon
There is no 10th place, btw. 1,2,3,4,5,5,7,7,9,9,9,9....

That's just how double ellimination works.

Size and entry fee are accounted for in ankoku's algorithm.

Who ousted you, Tyr? sounds like a solid result

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Pools:
Tyr vs. King Beef (Peach) 0-2
Tyr vs. Argent (Lucario) 0-2
Tyr vs. Alphazealot (Diddy) 1-2
Tyr vs. Ripn (Mario) 2-0
Tyr vs. Lou (Game and Watch) 2-1
Tyr vs. Fromundaman (Mario) 2-0

I got the hardest pool. Only top 4 advanced to brackets. Alphazealot took 1st, Argent took 2nd, King Beef took 3rd and I took 4th after beating Lou, in a really close set, who was tied with me. I still fail against Lucario and Peach for pretty much the same reason. I'm getting really good against Game and Watch though.

Brackets:
Tyr vs. Zach (Metaknight) 2-0
Tyr vs. Capem (Metaknight) 0-2
Tyr vs. Paranormalsin (Olimar) 2-0
Tyr vs. Zozefup (Metaknight) 2-1
Tyr vs. Infern Angelis (Snake) 0-2

I played really well against Zach (who eliminated me 2-0 at the last WaB which made me feel good.) Capem I made some stupid mistakes. They were close games. I could have done better. Zozefup was the most patient MK I've ever played. Each match went to the last minute. It was really tough and like half the people there were watching. Intense. Anyways, after that really close set I was exhausted. Infern offered to give me a break but I declined and played him immediately after. Made a lot of big mistakes. So I probably could have done better. He's really good though. Beat Nope which is really impressive.

I learned a lot about DIing a lot of moves at this tournament. I'm starting to survive much longer than I used to. It's really handy. Also I'm starting to get really good against Metaknight and Game and Watch. Still need to work on Snake though. And Lucario...ugh.

I saved one game against Zach as a replay but I doubt it will ever make its way to youtube which is a shame. I was really on the ball that set.

Irsic

Smash Ace
gog 17th out of 47 at play n trade V. :\

pools (arguable hardest pool)

Irsic vs. BO X7 - 1-2
Irsic vs. Hunger - 0-2
Irsic vs. Grimace - 2-0
Irsic vs. Sothe - 2-0

So I took 3rd seed, but an advantage to my pool was that instead of 6 like a lot of pools had, it only had 5. It was the last pool.

Ugh...so first match winners comes along and I get up against this Snake player:

Won on Final Destination, Lost on ...I don't even remember what he CP'd, Smashville I think. Then I lost on Brinstar, it was stupid close too. We were both over 130% and I ate uptilt...woo. Really hate myself for losing this.

Then faced CREEP, who was a pretty good Lucario, but I HATE Lucario as well, so I went Diddy on FD first match and LOST with him on last stock at 168%. Holy ****, fsmash gets SO BIG. Went to Brinstar with Lucas, won, went to Smashville with Lucas, JV 2stocked. Brinstar was a pretty close fight, in retrospec, Brinstar against Lucario was a pretty bad move. I recommend against it.

Next match was against Sliq, and this guy is good, no lie, people know his name. Except he wasn't playing Bowser, he was playing Wolf. My worst enemy. I. CAN'T. BEAT. WOLF. I think I actually need to play Fox for this match up, because I can't do it with Diddy or Lucas. I just get out camped way too ****ing hard.

17 out of 47. sigh

Hunger won, he's a ****ing beast.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Sliq is really good. Wolf is terrible to fight on neutrals but he isn't that bad on Brinstar. But yeah...it's Sliq. No shame in losing to him at all.

I've heard Hunger is really good.

Irsic

Smash Ace
He banned Brinstar. :\ I know that wolf is pretty easy mode to beat on that stage, too.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol I'm not surprised he banned Brinstar on you. He's been to a few tourneys with me and knows enough to do that against Lucas.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Good job Irsic.
Did Bo X7 use mario or ROB against you?
Oh and to beat Wolf you just need to learn pika. Pika can CG wolf till about 90%. Pika ***** spacies and heavies. Or you can use Fox. Either way works.

Irsic

Smash Ace
BO used ROB on me the first match, I won. He switched to Mario, I lost, but it was completely my fault, suicidied twice. I CP'd Brinstar and he switched to Wario, I lost pretty fair on there. I don't have a lot of Wario experience, but there was a lot of good Wario at that tournament. o_O

And yeah, I noticed Sliq had a lot of experience, but I had no idea who he was until I lost to him.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Sliq is one of the best, if not the best, Jigglypuff players in Melee in the midwest. Lots of tourney experience.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Well, regardless of the fact...I lost to Wolf at my last tournament for also not knowing what do to, or how to beat it. In Wolf/Fox friendly matches I came far closer to winning than I did with Lucas or Diddy, so I don't actually look back on the match thinking "how could I have done better" or "If I had done this, I would have won" I honestly just didn't have a clue.

c3gill

Smash Ace
i have been busy as **** lately, sorry about the lack of updates- to be updated in either 2 days or 4 (whichever im not ****ed in my honors class work :( summer semester=gay).

Irsic, your not alone. I got ****ed by a Wolf in doubles in my last tournament- it got down to him and I twice and I lost both times. finally beat him in singles though.

Sliq

Smash Master
Sliq is one of the best, if not the best, Jigglypuff players in Melee in the midwest. Lots of tourney experience.
I don't play Brawl like at all though, which is why I place lousy. I'm trying to rectify the situation, but no one lives by me and online is gay butts.

Levitas

the moon
no johns, panda does fests most days and you're not all that far from ann arbor. Are you going to the west bloomfield deal?

Sliq

Smash Master
no johns, panda does fests most days and you're not all that far from ann arbor. Are you going to the west bloomfield deal?
I'm 3 hours from Ann Arbor and work full time. You let me know how I can work in a 6 hour round trip between the hours of 5 pm (when I get off work) and midnight (when I go to sleep to get enough sleep to be zombified).

Also, I fail to see how admitting that I'm not that good because I don't practice is a john. It would be silly of me to not play and expect to be amazing.

Also I don't know anything about West Bloomfield.

And Panda's all the time smashfests happen on tournament weekends when I travel and they don't.

Top Bottom