• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results! Updated (6/28)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Clearly by coming in 4th behind the 2nd best pikachu, one of the best DDDs and MKs, as well as one of the best Snake and Wario, as well as beating arguably one of the best ZSS, proves that Lucas is indeed a trash charecter, and is not worth using, and can't possibly place high in top level play.
Clearly.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Malcom plays in a Metaknight infested region and places relatively well.
lol Malcom plays Wario now.

Clearly by coming in 4th behind the 2nd best pikachu, one of the best DDDs and MKs, as well as one of the best Snake and Wario, as well as beating arguably one of the best ZSS, proves that Lucas is indeed a trash charecter, and is not worth using, and can't possibly place high in top level play.
Clearly.
FOW placed 3rd in a big tourney in Vegas. That must mean that Ness is top tier. Oh wait.......fail logic is fail.
Tourny results don't prove how good a character is. That is all. Crashic stop trolling us saying lucas is high tier.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Once you guys stop trolling yourselves, by blaming your losses on your character, and either get better or pick a different character, I will. Its like the R.O.B boards up in this bizzz.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
lol Malcom plays Wario now.

FOW placed 3rd in a big tourney in Vegas. That must mean that Ness is top tier. Oh wait.......fail logic is fail.
Tourny results don't prove how good a character is. That is all. Crashic stop trolling us saying lucas is high tier.
He still does play Sonic though, but more Wario than anything.
Can't blame him though, he wants to succeed and that won't happen if he goes all Sonic.

Yeah, CrashIC needs to go somewhere.
He's just completely convinced Lucas is godly, when clearly he's not

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Once you guys stop trolling yourselves, by blaming your losses on your character, and either get better or pick a different character, I will. Its like the R.O.B boards up in this bizzz.
LMFAO, "trolling yourselves"

OMG, please explain that one!

/gets a glass of soda and waits.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
1. Never said Godly. He can't hang with the big boys like ICs, Snake, MK.

And you guys seriously hinder yourself with this view that you are loosing because of Lucas. You are loosing because of yourselves, and not Lucas. Galeon can hang with the big boys, where you guys at?
Its one thing to admit a characters weakness, its another to blame your loss on those weaknesses.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Crashic, you sound like a 12 year old lol. Nobody knows or gives a **** who you are. You're just annoying the hell out of all of us. Leave us alone lol.

No Lucas main has proven much of anything as far as the character's ability. The best any of us have done is beaten a few people in our own states' power rankings. I mean that's great and all but none of us has really traveled out of state and taken out any big names especially of any of the high tier characters.

Small tourney
4th of 12
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242008

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
No Lucas main has proven much of anything as far as the character's ability. The best any of us have done is beaten a few people in our own states' power rankings. I mean that's great and all but none of us has really traveled out of state and taken out any big names especially of any of the high tier characters.
Sounds like Johning to me. Lower tier characters can do it, why not you guys? Galeon did just fine against that roster, which included Seibrik, who ranked 9th at Apex.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
NJ/NY, MD/VA, Cali, are more competitive regions than Florida itself.
I'm not hating on Galeon's tournament results, but I'm curious as to how he'd do in any other region.

The only reason I think this thread is insignificant is because not every region is equal in skill/pro players, so there could be a very weak region like NorthCarolina where a Lucas is excelling, but there aren't players like M2K, Ally, Fatal, Tyrant, Dojo, ADHD, Seibrik or players on that skill level in that area.

Also, it doesn't really matter who the best Lucas is if we're not taking out players like the ones I've listed above. Though it is nice to see which one of us has the best tournament results.

Flame?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
NJ/NY, MD/VA, Cali, are more competitive regions than Florida itself.
Co18, best DDD.
Afro- Top Snake and Wario, places high in national tournament
Seibrik- You already mentioned him
Chops- Moved to georgia a month ago, another one of the top snakes
Nickriddle- Arguably top ZSS, same have said over SNAKEEE
Hungrybox- top DDD as well, and top 2 jiggly in the world (at melee. actually, I could go on about Melee, Florida had the most instate top 10 melee players at Genesis)

Say what now?
Not as competitive NJ, only Michigan can rival that, but they rarely have instate tournaments (Michigan that is).I am aware of the Cali scene as well as the MD/VA scene (where I now live), and Florida is just as competitive as them.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Co18, best DDD.
Afro- Top Snake and Wario, places high in national tournament
Seibrik- You already mentioned him
Chops- Moved to georgia a month ago, another one of the top snakes
Nickriddle- Arguably top ZSS, same have said over SNAKEEE
Hungrybox- top DDD as well, and top 2 jiggly in the world (at melee. actually, I could go on about Melee, Florida had the most instate top 10 melee players at Genesis)

Say what now?
Not as competitive NJ, only Michigan can rival that, but they rarely have instate tournaments (Michigan that is).I am aware of the Cali scene as well as the MD/VA scene (where I now live), and Florida is just as competitive as them.
Atomsk - best D3 in the country. (known fact)
Seibrik - Met him twice already :3 (lol sorry, he's just mad cool)
Candy - Best Snake in the US (Ally is best in Canada, though he's Midwest right now, but he's not staying there)
Fatal - Best Snake in Atlantic North (NJ, NY, PA, New England >.>)
Dazwa - Best ZSS, Snakeee has admitted it himself
Hbox - I <3 the dude, so I got nothing to say. Let's not bring Melee into the discussion. You have a bad habit of bringing up Melee, when we're talking Brawl here son. Get your sh*t straight.

NY, PA, and New England play in our region. Sorry, we're too f*cking competitive in this region. I don't like bashing on other regions, because for the sake of this game's development, I'd like to see all the regions catch up and have almost all the pro's on the same level. Lately it's been, "M2K this," "Ally that," "MikeHaze did whaat?!" It'd be nice to see "HOLY ****, GO NINJALINK," "Daayummmn, ADHD won a National, toogood." "Inui sucks"

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
It's not that Florida doesn't have good competition. It's that Galeon hasn't beaten their great traveling players. He has not beaten CO18, Seibrik, Afro (did he say he beat his MK or something? Either way not his main,) Lambchops, or Hungrybox. To the best of my knowledge, on that list he has only beaten Nick Riddle and if I'm not mistaken he has a losing record against him. Not that I'm blaming him. I don't know if I could stand up to these players either. I'm just saying, no one has done anything super special.

Also, Crashic, you have completely ignored my argument about nobody caring about your opinion and the fact that you're pissing us all off. I guess I'll take it to PM's lol.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Atomsk - best D3 in the country. (known fact)
Lol, no its not. http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=28464
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8131673&postcount=1655
Tournament data shows Co18 best DDD, and he's the only one that goes straight DDD (Atmosk mains ICs now)

And yeah, no one doubt's NJs extreme competitive scene, and people always hatin on Inui for no reason hahaha.

Also, Crashic, you have completely ignored my argument about nobody caring about your opinion and the fact that you're pissing us all off. I guess I'll take it to PM's lol.
That's not an argument at all lol. Good thing you aren't a debater.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Crashic shut up. We're not blaming our losses on lucas WERE SAYING THAT LUCAS SUCKS BECAUSE HE DOES. Lucas isn't mid tier material much less high tier material. We know our character you don't. Kthxbai

CO18

Smash Hero
Galeon is most likely the best lucas but lucas still isnt good crashic O_O lol. Galeon did beat good people at this tourney though. Though he still hasnt beaten anyone PR ranked(to my knowledge) besides Afro but Afro used Mk vs him for some reason.
In terms of Florida, Atlantic North is better as a WHOLE but thats unfair to compare one state to a region.
Specifically right now fl is prob better than ny and nj indivdually at this point.
Atomsk isnt really considered best d3 anymore.
Candy being the best snake in the u.s is just an opinion... Its between Anti/Razer/Afro/Candy/Fatal/Hrnut but noone really has any proof that one or the other is the best just opinions which are mostly regional biased.
Dazwa MAY be the best zero suit in ATL north doesnt mean hes the best overall. Snakeee has still beaten better people than him anyway though he hasnt done anything too hot recently. And Nick Riddle hasnt traveled OOS yet though hes been outperforming both recently. But its between snakeee/dazwa/nick for sure.
Esam is also the 2nd best pikachu.

NJ is good but not the powerhouse they used to be. Nj/NY Yes obviously the combination of both makes them rediculously good but individually NJ isnt as good as they used to be with m2k moving and spam quitting awhile ago.

Edit: Oh i guess galeon has beaten nick riddle too.

Edit: Nvm Im still wrong, Galeon also beat ESAM yesterday lol

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
so how about Galeon placing 4th out of like 40 at the tourney CO18 is talking about? did he do that strictly w/ lucas? idk, but my point is that it can be done and we need to stop worrying about how much our character sucks and start learning matchups better or going w/ a secondary to get the placements we need. IMO, lucas is a character that should be used early on in tourney and as you advance and go farther, you should be using that marth, mk, snake or whoever is your secondary just to better even the odds as far as matchups are concerned, and then against an unsuspecting opponent, whip out lucas again. I don't post too often in the lucas boards just to avoid all this drama and arguing but i read about it all the time and most of it is actually quite annoying. Who is this Crashic anyway? Where you from kid?

Also, HEERO is my hero :)

CO18

Smash Hero
Yea he went all lucas pretty sure its the only character he uses though he was considering picking up snake dunno if hes gonna follow through or not.

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
I only combine NJ/NY/PA because we're constantly at each other's tournaments, we always travel OoS to each state's tournaments, so each and every other week we're practically seeing each other at tournaments. Even New England has been coming down for about the last month and Fatal just joined Enemy Controller, an NJ crew O.o
I don't know if people from other states are going to FL each and every other week.
You can correct me on that, sorry for my ignorance.

Spam is coming back next month though :3
Lol his campy *** xD

@Tyr: Lol I hate to agree with Crash, but that wasn't much of an argument..., it's just the truth that we don't really care about what he says.

It's just fun putting everything he says down ^.^

prOAPC

Smash Lord

HAGGS

Smash Apprentice
Icy's Monthly #3-- Digital Mayhem

Wallingford, CT, USA
September 5, 2009

Entrants: 25
Entry Fee: $10
Bracket: http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8027/singles.gif
Link: http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6205

1: Fatal
2: Koolaid
3: Bizkit
4: Teevee
5: Bloodcross
5: Green Ace
7: patg
7: captain awesome
9: Haggs
9: Moon Doggie
9: IcyLight
9: squatala son
13: matt.zeb
13: noodles
13: Jenkins
13: Copacetic
17: monkley
17: juice
17: seiba
17: Bob
17: oafa
17: prawn
17: warren b
17: soma
25: three Sided

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Zman's Lucas is really good and he's such a smart/good player........I wish I could have gotten to play him:(

HAGGS

Smash Apprentice
So far it looks like he's worse than the G&W MU, that is in no way ok at all. I lose tournys because of Snake. It's even worse than the meta-knight MU... I read Haggs post and facepalmed
First off, my liking or not liking the matchup is not the same as me saying the matchup is good. I like fighting snakes, whats the big deal?

No reason to facepalm...

Sade

Smash Cadet
Really small tournies but oh well. Might as well add them.

Name: Berkeley Dorm Tourney: Unit 4 (http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7556)
Result: 1st out of 24
Date: September 25, 2009 @ Foothill (UC Berkeley)

1. Sade
2. Lin
3. Jonathon Lin
4. David Matsu****a
5: pedro
5: EnragedMathlete
etc

Name: Berkeley Dorm Tourney: Unit 3 (http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7555)
Result: 2nd out of 38
Date: September 24, 2009 @ Unit 3 (UC Berkeley)

1. enragedMathlete
2. Sade
3. Dominic C
3. Tajai
5. Jeremey Su
5. Gilbert Lee
5. Jefferey
5. Christian Gu
etc

Name: Berkeley Dorm Tourney: Unit 1/2 (http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7557)
Result: 5th out of 38
Date: September 26, 2009 @ Unit 1 (UC Berkeley)

1. Zex
2. Michael Hey
3. Sky
4. choice
5. Sean
5. Sade
etc

Note that Zex, Sky, Michael Hey, Choice, Mr. Pink, and Sean used their secondaries; not their mains.

Oh and also, Snake is pretty much the main reason why I'm getting a secondary. He is just WAY too hard to fight as Lucas. IMO the matchup is worse than G&W and possibly MK. His grenade camp >>>> Lucas' camp. His ftilt is practically unpunishable. etc etc he's way2gud.

Top Bottom