• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results! Updated (6/28)

Levitas

the moon
Here's the west bloomfield thing, though it's even further from you than we are.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229430

I don't remember it being 3 hours to where you are, but it's entirely possible, and the fact that you're working full time is not only valid, but I'm envious.

I guess I misunderstood the point of you complaining about wifi as "I want to play brawl" and not "I feel like complaining about stuff that nobody can do anything about for no reason at all"

Irsic

Smash Ace
When are Panda's smash fests? I'd like to come to them considering I don't have **** to do this summer.

c3gill

Smash Ace
updated. if yall expect me to add your results, i NEED the complete info.

(looking @ Irsics post- your a good player, your results DESERVE to be posted!)

Haggs and myself have been added. I dont really care about adding my results, so the color of my post is how I did in my most recent tourney, lol :)

HAGGS

Smash Apprentice
c3gill, thanks alot for posting my results! Im going to two more tourneys next weekend so expect (hopefully) a pm or two :D

heytallman

CTALL
I just came back from a rather small tourney (but probably normal size for some of you guys lol). I got 7th out of 22. It's a weekly kind of deal, I don't really go much, but might go more often now that I placed well.

Results should be coming up tonight or tomorrow or something.

heytallman

CTALL
Since we have to PM our results to c3gill, I might as well post them here as well. Here were the top 8 placings:

1: Gnes (Diddy Kong/Snake)
2: Jerm (Toon Link)
3: Ozz (Falco)
4: Mr. 3000 (King DDD/Sonic)
5: Popertop (Wario)
5: RT (Lucario)
7: heytallman (Lucas/ROB)
7: Marvyn (Snake)

First round: I play BlueJ, who mains Mario. I use ROB, remembering how Mario can gimp Lucas fairly easily. I lose anyway D:

Then I get a bye first round in losers.

Second round in losers: I play some random who mains Fox. He was cocky as hell. He's all like "are you ready to play ME?" I immediately throw out PSI magnet as he starts shooting his blaster. He goes "OH SHI-" then I proceed to sodomize him. I ban Yoshi's Island, and he counterpicks me to CORNERIA!!!!!! I proceed to rofl Wario style and completely destroy him on my favorite stage. Just to be flashy, I heal when it's completely unnecessary, and SD just for 24% lol. I still ***** him.

Third round in losers: I play a timid looking Pokemon Trainer. He actually wasn't TOO bad. His Charizard spiked me early first stock, making me yell out "OH WHAT THE ***K?!?!" Early second stock his Squirtle jab combo'd me and footstooled me, and I died, making me repeat this vulgar phrase again. I came back and won though, we were both at way high percent last stock, his Charizard was out. My friend was like "why didn't you throw PK thunder at him?" And then I upsmashed. "Because I wanted to do that," I replied. He counterpicks me to Pokemon Stadium 2, my second favorite CP, so I **** up there.

Fourth round in losers: I play ROB against this guy's Diddy.....moving along...

Fifth round in losers: I play Popertop's Wario. He 2-0'd me, I seem to have problems with Wario, this is the second tourney in a row where I got knocked out by one. I tried CP'ing Jungle Japes, thinking it would be harder to KO with upair. I got spiked by the Klap Traps twice D: A friend suggested that I CP Green Greens, IDK why I didn't. I just seemed to get hit by almost everything he did. Wario is too good, man.

If I would have won, I would have had to play Mr. 3000, who used DDD and Sonic. It would have been tough, I'm pretty sure he's on the Texas Power Rankings. In fact, 3 of Houston's top 5 players were there.

In friendlies before hand, I did quite well, I seemed to win most of my matches, against random people, A Pikachu, an Olimar, an Ike, etc.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
XII Torneo de Barranquilla
May 23/2009
Barranquilla, Colombia
25 people
entry fee, like 4 dollars

Link (Spanish)

Bracket

1. JuanCondor (JJ) (Fox, Wario)
2. Isaac (Peach, Mario)
3. Mightyfox (Fox, Wolf)
4. APC (Lucas, Metaknight)
5. Ralph (Samus, Zero Suit Samus)
5. APN (Olimar, Diddy Kong)
7. Tony (Pit, Ike)
7. The Joker (Wario)

i placed 4th, nothing much to tell, i lose the tourney before it began, when my first fight was vs Isaac (Peach)

c3gill

Smash Ace
tallman, you dont HAVE to PM them to me- if you post with all the info that works as well :) but I do appreciate if you PM me, makes tracking stuff easier.

and APC I swear you need to get some English tournaments, before I just scratch your results.......

kidding! spanish is fine.

thanks for the PMs you 2, ill add the stuff later- probably Friday.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yay Pink Fresh. Represent the Lucas mains. We want details afterward.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235730

i got 7th :( i didn't realize that when wario farted his body became a hitbox and i got killed off the top on frigate that way. sigh

in teams i got 4th with a pit as my teammate. we were doing really well until i started killing myself at 0, which cost us greatly :(

ah well, theres always next time :)

1: Dekar ($108.00) (gay diddy that took me out of winners)
2: Overgames ($108.00) (weegee)
3: Jt! ($24.00) (lolwut, rob)
4: GoldenGlove (dk, kirby)
5: Tim (ness, wario)
5: Ax (pit)
7: Z-Man (LUCAS!!!!!11111!)
7: Sinz (snake and ddd)

and casey was gay and decided to ban mk at the last minute. i really wanted to take a diarrhea dump on some mks :(

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I just read this a second ago but heytallman, don't take Wario to Japes. It's one of his CP's. Also, claptraps come at 5 and 7. Japes is a stage you really have to know if you're going to use it.

heytallman

CTALL
I play on Japes often, and know the stage and when the klap traps come and stuff, but stuff happens, you know?

And also I really don't know the Wario matchup, and only really thought that his upair would be tougher to kill with. Should I try Green Greens?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Wario doesn't really have any bad stages. I honestly would just pick a stage that you're most comfortable with even if it's a neutral. I can see how Green Greens might be useful against him because it'd limit his air mobility but you're really going to have to watch out for how stupidly early his Fsmash and farts will kill you off the sides.

I usually go Brinstar or Delfino against Wario because I really like those stages. Norfair and Rainbow Cruise are risky against him because he's really good there just like he is on Japes.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yeah Brinstar is a good stage for Wario too. It's just my specialty. I love when Luigi's and MK's take me there as a CP too.

Magitek_Knight

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i like Green Greens against Wario. Just play towards the middle of the level has worked for me in the past. Like Tyr said though, you can die and stupidly low percents if you are not careful.

heytallman

CTALL
Once, in friendlies, one of my friends DI'd towards a falling block on Green Greens after I hit him with an upsmash at about 120%. He teched the block and lived D:

c3gill

Smash Ace
Wario issues? try LM!! (worked for me :))

UPDATED! as of today and now.

Galeon

Smash Ace
Wario issues? try LM!! (worked for me :))

UPDATED! as of today and now.
I'm gonna have to disagree. Lucas doesn't have great tools to catch a Wario even on neutral stages. He would get shamelessly timed out on Luigi's mansion against a Wario with % advantage.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I agree with Galeon. And I also really just hate Luigi's Mansion.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
5th of 16
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230011&page=47
Cincinnati house tournament

1: Y.b.M. (Kirby)
2: Infern Angelis (Snake)
3: Smash64 (Ness/Snake/ROB)
4: Hilt (Olimar)
5: TGM (Snake)
5: Tyr (Lucas/MK)
7: The Kratos (Pit)
7: Clowsui (Marth/Falco)
9: calic (Pikachu)
9: Earth Hero (Falco)
9: e_ (Marth)
9: Steel Samurai (Marth)
13: Jayce (Jigglypuff)
13: Sai90 (Diddy Kong)
13: Kassandra (Lucas)
13: Excel (Fox)

Brackets:
Tyr vs. Sai90 (Diddy) 2-0
Tyr vs. Hilt (Olimar) 0-2
Tyr (Metaknight) vs. Steel Samurai (Marth) 2-1
Tyr (Metaknight) vs. Clowsui (Falco) 2-1
Tyr vs. Smash64 (Ness) 0-2

MM's
Tyr (Metaknight) vs. Steel Samurai (Marth) 2-0
Tyr (Metaknight) vs. Clowsui (Falco) 2-0
Tyr (Metaknight/Lucas) vs. Calic (Pikachu) 2-1
Tyr (Metaknight) vs. Hilt (Olimar) 1-2
Tyr and Calic (Wario + Pikachu) vs. Steel Samurai and TGM (Snake/Wario + Marth) 2-1

I felt like learning Metaknight some for fun since it was mostly people that I play all the time. I should have used MK against Smash64's Ness. That matchup is annoying for Lucas. I might use MK in some other tournaments as a secondary to fight Marth and possibly Snake. Still working on him.

Anyways, got the placing that everyone expected. Played average. Out of town for two weeks at a music camp so once I get back maybe I can get to some tourneys and start playing above average.

heytallman

CTALL
Well I went to a tournament today, but I ended up using ROB more than I did Lucas, so I'm not going to post my results here. Not anything spectacular anyway, just 17th out of like 36 (half placing again lololololol)

But I did plank with ROB against a Marth. TAKE THAT, MARTH!!! 130 ledge grabs for the win!

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Well I went to a tournament today, but I ended up using ROB more than I did Lucas, so I'm not going to post my results here. Not anything spectacular anyway, just 17th out of like 36 (half placing again lololololol)

But I did plank with ROB against a Marth. TAKE THAT, MARTH!!! 130 ledge grabs for the win!
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

anyway, i just got back from a two day smashfest. i learned that ddd v wario is ******** on poke stadium 1 and carl's jr is a ripoff.

Chuee

Smash Hero
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

anyway, i just got back from a two day smashfest. i learned that ddd v wario is ******** on poke stadium 1 and carl's jr is a ripoff.
DDD on pokemon stadium 1 is the gayest thing ever.

Top Bottom