• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results! Updated (6/28)

Levitas

the moon
Soooo...

Reflex is a wario player. He seconds PT. He counterpicks lucas only against DDD (thirds).

He has earned more points in ankoku's list for lucas than the rest of us put together. Lucas is now near the top of C rank almost exclusively due to him.

...yeah.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
Soooo...

Reflex is a wario player. He seconds PT. He counterpicks lucas only against DDD (thirds).

He has earned more points in ankoku's list for lucas than the rest of us put together. Lucas is now near the top of C rank almost exclusively due to him.

...yeah.
*crushes scouter*

anyway
can we post Brawl+ tourney results here??

c3gill

Smash Ace
*crushes scouter*

anyway
can we post Brawl+ tourney results here??
yep, read the OP- they get a special color, wheat- possibly a different color if i decide to change it.

edit- only mentioned because ive been considering changing it.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol that's hilarious Levitas. We need to convince Ninjalink to use Lucas once or twice in a tourney to artificially boost him even further.

Also, Lucas is kind of a random character to CP against Dedede. Seems like there are a lot of characters who would be more suited.

Irsic

Smash Ace
All it takes is one. Lucas sat at the bottom of the rankings list forever, and people asked why.

The answer has been said before, no real tourny goers played him.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yes, but the thing is that Reflex isn't maining Lucas. He's using him as an occasional counterpick and Lucas's name ends up there beside Wario and PT for him. It makes Lucas look better than he actually is and boosts him higher than he actually should be. Lucas belongs at the bottom of the ranking list.

And Lucas doesn't **** DeDeDe. He's a soft counter at best. There are much better choices for counterpicks against Dedede if you're going solely based on matchup information.

ToxiCrow

Smash Ace
yep, read the OP- they get a special color, wheat- possibly a different color if i decide to change it.

edit- only mentioned because ive been considering changing it.
sweet
i'm going to a Brawl+ tourney next satuday and i will use the following: Lucas, jiggs, marth and hopefully falco if i get decent with him

c3gill

Smash Ace
sweet
i'm going to a Brawl+ tourney next satuday and i will use the following: Lucas, jiggs, marth and hopefully falco if i get decent with him
fixed, good luck.

slightly updated again, to include Glarion.

APC that refrence to you was because I couldnt read the rules to the tournaments your posting.... im not too worried about it though.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Fun Before the Sun Take II at University of Kentucky
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229461

7th out of 32

1: Mexico and Peru ftw (Smash64 and Infern) (Game and Watch and Snake)
2: We <3 ***** (Xisin and Mr. Eric) (Marth and ROB)
3: f*** the God Kais (Tyr and Shadowbot) (Wario and Lucario)
4: Bucket!
5: Moriya Shrine Conspiracy
5: AlphaKennyBuddy
7: Low Tiers Say What?
7: PKBeep
9: S.R.T
9: The Mothership Connection
9: Team Broside
9: Freshly roasted

Singles, Triple Elimination

1. Overswarm (MK)
2. Xisin (Marth)
3. Smash64 (Game and Watch)
4. Tactical (Lucario)
5. Zero (Olimar)
6. Hilt (Olimar)
7. Jinx (Snake?)
7. Tyr (Lucas)
9. Wangston (Falco/Snake)
9. Jon (Snake)
11. Shadowbot (Lucario)
11. Infern (Snake/Ike)
11. Mayling (Pit)
11. Greggu
11. E (Marth)
16. Soldier2
16. Pawned (Luigi?)
16. Airborne (Yoshi)
16. Ttar(Boah)
16. Cirno
16. Jonathan
16. Mister Eric (ROB)
23. Fetis Fajita (ROB)
23. I Like Fish Sticks
23. Exiled
Birthday Johns: Crash (Luigi)
23. Andre
23. Ace
23. ShadowPhoenix
29.Serial
29. Brandon
29. Jonathan
29. Andrew M

I used Wario through all of doubles. Wario is **** in doubles. Used Lucas in all but one match in singles where I went Wario to try him out against Snake. I lost that match lol.

Tyr vs. Jon (Snake) 1-2
Tyr vs. Fetus Fajita (ROB) 2-0
Tyr vs. Pawned (Luigi) 2-0
Tyr vs. some Game and Watch player that I forget 2-0
Tyr vs. Mr. Eric (ROB) 2-0
Tyr vs. Tactical Lucario 0-2
Tyr vs. Jon (Snake) 2-1
Tyr vs. Hilt (Olimar) 0-2

MM's
Tyr vs. Xisin (Marth) 1-2
Tyr vs. Overswarm (ROB) 1-2
Tyr vs. Zero (Olimar) 2-0
Tyr vs. Shadowphoenix (Game and Watch/MK?) 2-0

I really need to work on my game against Snake. I consistently have trouble with him even when it's against players who are worse than I am. Thus far I've learned that I need to jab more since it's like the only thing to stop Snake's tilts. Still working on this matchup. The same goes for Lucario. I still have tons of trouble against Lucario players. It's possible that I just need to play a more grounded game against him since Lucas gets destroyed in the air by him. Recently my game against Game and Watch has gotten really good. I've learned some tricks that make it so I can really slaughter Game and Watch players who haven't played Lucas before.

Xisin is super gay with Marth against Lucas. The only way to fight a good (gay) Marth player is to camp like a mother****er and stay close to the edges. Norfair won me game two and game three was close. Game one was not due to stupid chaingrab to Dsmash lol. Came close to beating OS's ROB but messed up in the last match for the last stock. Still can't come close to OS's Metaknight. Reassesing that matchup entirely for better Metaknight players.

Overall, another tournament where I learned a lot. I feel like I made a lot of progress against Snake and Game and Watch. Still suck against Lucario unfortunately. I need to learn a new strategy to fight Hilt because he figured out how to beat my Lucas with Olimar. Zero did not lol.

I saved two replays on two Wii's because they had some really epic kills but I don't know whose they were so I kind of doubt they'll ever get uploaded. But who knows?

c3gill

Smash Ace
Updated, Zman whenever I get your results ill add them.

nice stuff Tyr.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
7th of 26
Wings and Brew II
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7310295#post7310295

1: Overswarm (Meta Knight) $120
2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) $55
3: Quivo (Toon Link) $35
4: Capem (Meta Knight) $20
5: Infern (Snake/Ike)$10
5: Zach (Meta Knight)$10
7: Lou (Game and Watch)
7: Tyr (Lucas)
9: Mr.E (ROB)
9: Champ (Falco)
9: ParanormalSin (Olimar)
9: Baro (Ice Climbers)
13: TheKeist (Kirby)
13: ArgentStew (Lucario)
13: The Jerk
13: Mars (Snake)

Pools:
Tyr vs. Quivo (Toon Link) - 1-2
Tyr vs. Lou (Game and Watch) 0-2
Tyr vs. Keist (Kirby) - 2-0
Tyr vs. Wakka (Bowser) - 2-0
Tyr vs. Nest (ZSS) 2-0

I was still getting warmed up for Lucas in pools since I used Wario all throughout doubles (Infern and I got third.) I played well against Quivo but lost to Lou because I SD'd my last stock in both games at low percentage. I also got a really sweet match against Keist with an epic Usmash kill that got recorded. Hopefully it'll be up sometime.

Brackets:
Tyr vs. Mr. E (ROB/DK) - 0-2
Tyr vs. Mars (Snake) - 2-0
Tyr vs. Baro (IC/Metaknight) - 2-1
Tyr vs. Zach (Metaknight) - 0-2

I really just wasn't playing that well in brackets. Lost to Mr E. when I really felt like I could have beaten him. I 3 stocked Baro's Ice Climbers and then he went Metaknight and played the gayest Meta I've ever seen. Seriously, it was annoying as ****. However, on the third match he killed himself out of tornado on Brinstar. He deserved it. I tried Wario on Zach second match because I was tired of trying to deal with MK with Lucas. It was a mistake. But he's pretty good so it was alright.

MM's
Tyr vs. Quivo (PT) - 2-1
Tyr vs. Lou (Game and Watch) - 2-0
Tyr vs. Lou (Game and Watch) - 2-1
Tyr vs. ? (Ness) - 2-0
Tyr vs. Champ (Metaknight) - 2-0
Tyr vs. Capem (Metaknight) - 0-2
Tyr vs. Katon (Lucas/Metaknight) - 2-0
Tyr vs. Hence (ZSS) - 2-0

MM's were fun and payed for my venue fee and stuff. My MM against Champ was saved but he usually uses Falco. I don't know why he decided to go MK against me but it didn't work out well for him. Hopefully the matches will go up anyhow.

Slowly getting better against Metaknight. Every match is a long, hard, uphill battle. Basically the only way you win is waiting for them to screw up. You can't afford to not take advantage of even their smallest mistake since Metaknight is so safe. It's really gay.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Little upset you lost to E, Tyr. That kid is really annoying.

And yes, you definitely could have beat him.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
He really is annoying. I beat him in teams and a bunch of friendlies so I really have no excuse for losing either. Oh well. Atleast he placed lower than I did. I would have had to play Quivo next round anyway if I'd won.

heytallman

CTALL
HOBO 16

Didn't do too well, fell to my curse :\

33 of 73 in singles
17 of 25 in doubles (Teamed with Magitek Knight)
9 of 15 in low tier doubles (also teamed with Magitek Knight)

I'm too lazy to get everything.

Phoenix Alpha got 25 of 73 in singles though.

c3gill

Smash Ace
to be updated.... when im awake enough to find those results.

c3gill

Smash Ace
mostly updated- i didnt add the Low Tier Doubles, cause im not sure if i should........

any thoughts on that?

Chuee

Smash Hero
No because lucas is one of the highest low tiers plus his bad matchups are top tiers.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Low tier tournaments shouldn't be counted because they're just side events that don't demonstrate the same skill. They do demonstrate skill, just a different kind. A lot like random tournaments.

Mario and Ness are both very real threats to Lucas in the low tiers. Probably Jigglypuff as well but you're less likely to run into that one.

c3gill

Smash Ace
fixed. srsly, yoshi matchup = wtf.
most the yoshis I have played are either too pro and rock me or idiots that like to Yoshi Bomb into a Usmash.

Yoshi > Ness= Mario > Jiggs for Lucas MU in Low Tier, imo.

F-haru 1952

Smash Rookie
I just played Mario/Ness mains at a tourney two weeks ago...

Mario matchup is harder IMO. Ness is just easier to fight and kill.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Mario matchup is harder IMO. Ness is just easier to fight and kill.
skill difference in those mains, maybe? Ness should be a harder fight, if we assume that they players are equally skilled. the reason I said Mario=Ness is because we are assuming Low tier only, and I think more people would lean to Ness- so while we play against more Ness', there is a larger spread of skill in those people using Ness than in those using Mario.

Honestly, who doesnt wanna play a character from the Mothers?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Ness just has a good matchup against Lucas because he's better in the air. IMO, Lucas has better matchups with much of the rest of the cast though.

Yoshi mains don't scare me but I haven't played Bwett or anything either.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yes we do.
Ness' only recovery option is PKT2 which we can easily absorb or just take the hit and he falls to his death.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
it sounds simple, but It's not.

We come nowhere close to handling ness offstage, mainly because he has an answer to all our options. The closest person to having idea of what to do is APC, but with Ness ridiculous aerial control, It's not as easy as 'wait and hit again'.

Top Bottom