• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results! Updated (6/28)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I would just include in the OP what secondaries the player used in the tournament. That way it still counts and we know that other characters were used.

And I agree with Levitas. There's nothing worse than a scrubby Metaknight.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Well, with MK you just change fair to Tornado, Shuttle Loop, or dsmash.

They're all interchangeable.

c3gill

Smash Ace
what about planking? If your playing MK, might as well abuse that planking is totally legal, and just spam your aerials from the safety of the ledge. enjoy those invincible frames!

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
33 out of 96(?) C4 Galore Midwest Circuit event #2

I used Lucas the entire tournament.

Pools: 2-0 Lil' CJ (Lucas), MikeB 2-0 (Jigglypuff), 2-0 Clowsui (Marth/Falco), Judge! 1-2 (Wario/Metaknight), Bloodhawk 0-2 (Lucario), Capem 2-0 (Metaknight)

I got 3rd in my pool which sent me directly into brackets. Lucas dittos with Lil' CJ were fun. I was really excited to take a match off Judge! even though it was his Wario because he is beast good. I came really close against Bloodhawk. I really need to work on fight Lucario. I beat Capem 2-0 which is really exciting because he got 4th place in the entire tournament with his Metaknight. I'm starting to really learn the MK matchup.

Brackets: Champ 2-1 (Falco), Omni 1-2 (Ice Climbers/Wolf), Fizzle 0-2 (Lucario)

Champ was pretty tough because I really hate the Falco matchup but he didn't know how to fight Lucas so I won pretty handily. Omni is a really good Ice Climbers player and we were really close. I counterpicked Brinstar and he went Wolf and I two stocked him if I remember correctly. Last game was really close as well. I really feel like I could have beaten him but things didn't work out quite how I wanted them to. He got 7th if I remember correctly. Fizzle I beat at the last tournament and I've beaten in a money match as well. I really don't know what happened. I just kind of failed. I really need practice against Lucario. He has a lot of advantages against Lucas. I pretty much just failed at that set. No johns.

Money Matches: 0-2 Bowyer (Jigglypuff), 2-1 Bowyer (Lucas), 2-0 Asdioh (Kirby), 0-2 YBM (Kirby), 0-2 Nope (Snake), 2-0 Crunch (Wario), 2-1 Xeroxen (Mario), 1-2 ithrowthings (Sonic), Count 1-2 (Diddy), Nickalobe 2-1 (Yoshi)

Those are all the ones I remember at the moment. They all kind of blend together. The most notable by far were the ones against Bowyer. He's a really good smasher. His spacing is better than mine, his DI is better than mine and apparantly he knows how to play Lucas pretty **** well for someone who doesn't main him lol. Pretty much the reason I won the ditto was because I'm really good on Brinstar. His Puff is really impressive but he won because he's a lot better than me, not because he was playing Puff. He could probably beat me with a lot of characters. I didn't get a chance to MM a lot of people that I wanted to like Samurai Panda, Anther and Ally but it was just because they were always busy helping run the tourney or being in the tourney. I've really developed a lot of respect for Sonic and Jiggs from this tourney. Shugo played Sonic and did really well in brackets and ithrowthings really threw me off with his Sonic. We were pretty even for the most part but I had a really hard time adjusting to the matchup.

Pools took the top 3 into brackets and 4th and 5th went into second round pools. I was really excited just to make it out of pools at a tournament with this much talent. It was basically all the best in the midwest minus like Lain and Kirk (probably a few others I'm not remember at the moment.) I'm pretty sure I was the only low tier main the make it out of 1st round pools and possibly out of all pools but I could be wrong since the bracket isn't out yet.

I achieved my main goals which were to build up my reputation in the midwest and get a lot of matchup experience. I actually had people looking for me for money matches since they knew I had a good Lucas. I learned tons on how to handle Metaknight to the point that I'm solidly beating MK players who were beating me pretty handily before. I also got some good matchup experience against Wario, Donkey Kong and Diddy. It showed a lot of weaknesses I have as well. I feel like Lucario, Snake and Diddy are still really weak matchups for me that I need a lot of practice in. Also Lucas dittos showed me a lot I can work on. I was disappointed with how I played in brackets but was really happy with compliments I was getting from the top players. Playing Judge!, Capem and Omni was especially rewarding because they were all surprised at how well I could do with a low tier against them :)

I really hope the next midwest circuit tourneys are as good as this one was. The competition was fierce. I don't think I got any videos recorded unless like one or two in my pool were.

Placings (from what I remember)
1. Ally (Marth/Snake)
2. Anther (Pikachu)
3. Judge! (Metaknight)
4. Capem (Metaknight)
5. Alphazealot (Diddy)
5. Xisin (Marth)
7. Omniswell (Ice Climbers/Wolf)
7. Shugo (Sonic)
9. Samurai Panda (Snake)
9. ook (DK)
9. Bowyer (Metaknight)
9. hateoni
13. Renegade (Snake/Ike)
13. Toph
13. Overswarm (Metaknight)
13. Ripple (DK)
25. Infern Angelis (Snake/Ike)
25. Smash64 (Snake)
25. YBM (Kirby)
33. Tyr (Lucas)
33. Dj Iskascribble (Metaknight)

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
How'd you 2-0 CapeM??? Was he really that clueless to the matchup.....wow. And don't short-change my 2-0 accomplishment as your fail, I've been improving lately, but you are right, when Lucario is played well Lucas is in for some trouble. Looking forward to our next set Tyr:p

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yeah you're a good player Fizzle. Mostly I think I underestimated you since I'd beaten you before and you did get better since last time. But I also didn't feel like I played my best especially after I had just played so well against Omniswell and Capem. Like I said though, no johns. You beat me. Hopefully next time I'll have some better strategies to get past Lucario's aerials. Anyone who can beat Lucas in the air is trouble.

And yeah, I don't know because Capem pretty much ***** in brackets. I developed a few Metaknight tricks through the course of the day. I think I got 4 Usmashes on him in one match just because I'd figured out a few ways that Metaknight can't or has a hard time escaping them. That along with some gimps got me there.

lil cj

Smash Lord
I feel bad about my performance in this tourny...i didnt make it out of pools:(
I guess I choked during tourny matches
...and I was doing good during friendlies lol
Hopefully I do better next time
This made me see that I need to work more on Lucas and not have so many mains

After seeing Shugo's Sonic beat a top MK player
I just knew Lucas could do the same thing
Any character can be good if you play them right

Those Lucas dittos were fun Tyr
I learned alot:)

Irsic

Smash Ace
It's okay Lil Cj. My last tournament I didn't make it out of pools BECAUSE I didn't go Lucas a match when I should have.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
There should be atleast some vids coming up eventually including Shugo's set against Overswarm which was epic. I'm not sure if I ever got recorded or not. There was a recording set up at me and Lil' CJ's pool but I don't know if it was recording everything or not.

And yeah, Xisin had a really good day. A really really good day. Lot of respect for that guy.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I... feel so out of touch. I have like $5 and no rides anywhere. Haven't been to a tourney in months and I'm probably behind in the metagame as a whole.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Probably Chu. But Wifi is far from a test of anyone's skill. For one thing they're only friendlies and for another you can factor lag in. I 3 stocked Xisin in friendlies a few months ago but if I came up to him in tournament or an MM I have a good feeling he'd beat me pretty easily. He's a really good Marth player. He had some pretty epic matches at this.

c3gill

Smash Ace
i just got back from a trip home, so i will update you, Tyr, tomorrow morning. looks like you did pretty well!

EDIT- Updated!

Levitas

the moon
Aw, I feel bad about not having gone, but I made some family commitments, so I guess no johns for next time.

I heard good things about you tyr.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Yeah, honestly I was pretty annoyed at my tournament placing because I really could have and should have placed better but I was just happy to get some recognition and meet some really good players. Judge, Bloodhawk, Capem and Omniswell all have been really complimentary which is nice since they're all really good players.

I also feel like I got way better over the course of just a day and I know more things I can work on now. Hopefully with some practice I'll be able to place better at the next circuit event. I'm really excited to realize how much better I can be with Lucas.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Probably Chu. But Wifi is far from a test of anyone's skill. For one thing they're only friendlies and for another you can factor lag in. I 3 stocked Xisin in friendlies a few months ago but if I came up to him in tournament or an MM I have a good feeling he'd beat me pretty easily. He's a really good Marth player. He had some pretty epic matches at this.
Yeah the last tourney I went to he 3 stocked some kid. That poor kid got 3 stocked twice. Plus he beat Rowan.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Hey Tyr
Do you think Lucas has the possibility of beating a top MK player?
After seeing Shugo's Sonic beat Overswarm's MK....I think Lucas can do the same thing
With the right mind games

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I beat CapEm (Metaknight) who got 4th place. Overswarm (Metaknight) got 13th place. The answer is yes.

Irsic

Smash Ace
While it's not important, recently my mind has slightly changed because of actually hearing what people have to say about Lucas at tournaments - he's a force to be reckoned with in the right hands. He may go up a few spots in the future.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i placed 2nd out of 17, lost only in grand finals vs Snes (Snake), i hate Snake, i just can't beat him, i'm a little sad because i trained so hard just to beat this guy, and i couldn't. My Lucas was way better than my MK, so i'm still looking for a good secondary, next time i'll try DDD. Also, him won like three times more than what i won ¬¬
full results, brackets, experience and that stuff later
triple dair is too good, 59%

c3gill

Smash Ace
looking forward to seeing yalls finished tournament results, and updating the thread with them!

prOAPC

Smash Lord
I Torneo de Cartagena
Cartagena - Colombia
entrants: 17
entry fee: $20000 pesos (like 10 dollars)

1. Snes (Snake, Metaknight)
2. APC (Lucas, Metaknight)
3. Thiago SVA (Falco, Link, G&W)
4. Don JP (Wolf)
5. MVP (Ike, Ice Climbers, G&W)
5. Bloo (King Dedede)
7. APN Lata! (Olimar, Diddy Kong, Ness)
7. Pitu (Toon Link, Pit, Luigi)
9. La Parca
9. Kraken (Link, Falco)
9. Mente (Lucario)
9. Andres (Falco, Ike)
13. Syla (Link)
13. Sam
13. Greg (Peach, Ike)
13. Soni (Snake)
17. BSV

Bracket: http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/169/bracketf.gif
Link of tourney

c3gill

Smash Ace
first place won 50% (170000 pesos, like 85 dollars), second 15%, third 10% and 25% for the TO
TO gets 25%?

that **** must be crazy for any decently large tournaments... and 2nd only getting 15% is lame :( sorry APC

on a note of APC, i am considering making an "APC clause": any non-English pages must be translated to either English or German so I can read them :laugh:

Updated! Phoenix as soon as you post your results Ill add those as well.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
well, i think i didn't express myself correctly. 25% if for the guy who organiced the tournament, to play the place we played and the games, wiis and tvs
and c3gill, what do you want to know? In the link i gave you, just read my post, i posted the results there, and you don't have to speak spanish just to read them. The rest of posts are mostly shoutouts

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol I laughed so ****ing hard when I saw the 20000 pesos = about $10

Also that's a really weird way of getting the TO money. Most people just have a venue fee that can often be waived for bringing setups. That way he's not cutting into the winnings. That's really ****ty to only get 15% for 2nd place. I thought 70, 20, 10 splits were bad...

Top Bottom