• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas replacing Ness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PilotEvan

Smash Journeyman
I'm quite disheartened that the signs against his return are so great, but the fact that he has to explain similarities/differences is another check to the list of evidence of his removal. If both were returning, there would certainly be much more mystery and much less explanation. Not to mention the whole, "Ness has appeared in the Smash series up until now" thing.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
I'm quite disheartened that the signs against his return are so great, but the fact that he has to explain similarities/differences is another check to the list of evidence of his removal. If both were returning, there would certainly be much more mystery and much less explanation. Not to mention the whole, "Ness has appeared in the Smash series up until now" thing.
so what you think hes not coming back?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If Ness is truly gone, then you can forget about Luigi.

Plus, Ness and Lucas do not share the same smash attacks and grabs. Ness and Lucas would be semi-clones, just like Mario and Luigi.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord

Plus, Ness and Lucas do not share the same smash attacks and grabs. Ness and Lucas would be semi-clones, just like Mario and Luigi.
well thats tru but i mean
it says up until now
and the fact that sakuri wanted to originally replace lucasfor nesss
makes me sad
i hope he comes back
i OWN SO HARD w/ ness

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
well thats tru but i mean
it says up until now
and the fact that sakuri wanted to originally replace lucasfor nesss
makes me sad
i hope he comes back
i OWN SO HARD w/ ness
Sakurai is sneaky, but I wouldn't be surprised if he does reveal Ness in a future update.

Larner Risky Time

Smash Rookie
Well maybe they finally have a chance to "fix" Ness's moves. Lets take it, PK Fire, Thunder and Magnet were all Paula's moves that were said that, "She taught Ness after the events of EB".

Maybe they are just trying to give Ness the moves he should have?
PK Rockin?
Shiled?
Lifeup?
Teleport?

I dunno...

If Mother 3 was released over here I wouldn't be so torn up playing as a "clone" of my favorite character but not knowing anything about him.

Marthgreil

Smash Journeyman
He isnt tossed aside, hes just in critical condition.

Even though its lame how they didnt even use PK Ground or anything.

Sigh.
If Ness is out, I guess I'll have to deal with that. However, I did see the whole Tether thing coming with EB characters having highly abusable recoveries. Perhaps a wall-jump?

Man. I really didnt need the suckass PK-Thunder again. Seriously.
Ness's revenge is passing on his crappy recovery. And if they didn't utilize Lucas's other options then they really wanted Ness gone.

PK Fire just flies horizontally in the air and PK Freeze is just a PK Flash that freezes.

Lucas is looking better than Ness, and for that reason I'm glad he's out.
Lucas is Ness without the Electric attacks.

If Ness do come back he is getting some new moves, but i think he is coming back
Your optimism is inspiring, your logic is faulty.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
im glad that ness is gone

also the VA for luigi confirmed him even saiying that he would be diferent

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I am a SAD Panda after todays update.

Well, bright side, at least they probably fixed Ness's faults (it seems they're re-working an entire "A" move set, which is MOSTLY a good thing.)

I actually like what they're doing to PK Flash (now Freeze) and PK Fire, although I am a bit disappointed at the same time because they really couldn't come up with anything new. Anyone else suspecting PK Love for a Final Smash?

Ness WILL be missed.

the grim lizard

Smash Master

How do you get off comparing Lucas/Ness to Mario/Luigi??

Besides, Luigi is already confirmed to be in.

Tony_

Smash Ace

Luigi is Mario's brother and has been a mainstay. Luigi is in, because you can be flexible with him. Ness, not so much.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Mario/ Luigi is =/= Lucas/Ness

Lucas is practically a reincarnation of Ness, from like hundreds of years in the future (Unknown exactly how many years, but MANY...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

What the hell are you talking about?

Nobody can "replace" Luigi. Luigi is not only important to the Super Smash Bros. series, but also to Nintendo, almost as important as Mario. Sakurai would not remove Luigi, especially after all of his newer roles in games allowing for a more unique moveset.

Ness is one of three main characters in the Mother series, and honestly Lucas will do fine taking his place.

T-Nice

Smash Cadet

Nobody can "replace" Luigi. Luigi is not only important to the Super Smash Bros. series, but also to Nintendo, almost as important as Mario. Sakurai would not remove Luigi, especially after all of his newer roles in games allowing for a more unique moveset.

Ness is one of three main characters in the Mother series, and honestly Lucas will do fine taking his place.
AMEN! I'm sick of people comparing clones to Luigi... Luigi is a star just like Mario... What the hell is "Super Mario Brothers" without Luigi?

That's like a Bobby Brown with no Whitney Houston?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I will never think of Lucas the same, knowing his attack is PK Yaoi

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236

Luigi could still be taken away if he wasn't proven to be confirmed. If Ness, who was there just as long as luigi, is gone,then why not luigi?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Luigi could still be taken away if he wasn't proven to be confirmed. If Ness, who was there just as long as luigi, is gone,then why not luigi?
You completely ignored the post that you quoted, didn't you?

Read it again, please.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users."
He says that Ness has been in the smash games up until now, so maybe he is saying one of two things:
1. Ness is still in, up until now, meaning present and still will be
or
2.Until now, couse he has been remplaced by Lucas, he just stopped appearing, you get me?, like until now, and it ended, he is not in anymore

Dont get me wrong, I find Ness possibilities very slim, and I dont care if he gets in or not now that Lucas attacks are the same as Ness's with like almost no difference (PK Frezze is just like PK Flash but whit freezing effects and maybe a little bit less deadly if it connects, PK Fire goes forward in the air instead of diagonally down, PSI Magnet only covers your front side instead of all your body). I actually like that his attacks are more PSI oriented, I prefer that, but Ill miss the bat and yo-yo a little though, but Ill get over it :p, of course, if Ness doesnt come back.

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar. They are from the same family of PK users."
He says that Ness has been in the smash games up until now, so maybe he is saying one of two things:
or
2.Until now, couse he has been remplaced by Lucas, he just stopped appearing, you get me?, like until now, and it ended, he is not in anymore

Dont get me wrong, I find Ness possibilities very slim, and I dont care if he gets in or not now that Lucas attacks are the same as Ness's with like almost no difference (PK Frezze is just like PK Flash but whit freezing effects and maybe a little bit less deadly if it connects, PK Fire goes forward in the air instead of diagonally down, PSI Magnet only covers your front side instead of all your body). I actually like that his attacks are more PSI oriented, I prefer that, but Ill miss the bat and yo-yo a little though, but Ill get over it :p, of course, if Ness doesnt come back.
dude if he said up till now it might sound questionable but he said until. Ness is out saddly. Maybe they thought of Ness being an assist trophy

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
or

The statement in today's update about Ness = almost a deconfirmation

The statement in today's update about Ness + the fact that Ness would have been replace with Lucas in Melee if they had been able to = Ness gone.

Phantom Fox

Smash Rookie
The only thing that bothers me about Ness's currently grim looking chances of returning is the fact that I cannot even play the game Lucas comes from in English, where as I can with Ness. Not too broken up about it though, just a bit irritated.

Grod

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they were just sating that Ness was in up until now to raise speculation and see how assuming the Smash fans are...

Or not.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
<----- angry dude

Who thinks that lucas is replacing Ness???
well for the ppl who think this its false.
CONTEXT CLUES show Ness will be in there
"Is it possible he can surpass Ness"
And plus sakuri said all ORGINAL SSB chrachters were in the brawl so just to clear that up
ness ain't returning *FACE IT*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It probably means surpass, as in receive the torch and do better than the person that came previous

dark_templar_99

Smash Cadet
I doubt Ness will be replaced, seeing as that'd kinda contradict Sakurai's sentiments about not wanting to focus on adding characters that are only popular in a certain region.
And brawl is still coming out on December 3rd.

Dr.Z

Smash Cadet
Well I guess from the outcome of all, most likely Ness will not be returning. You would think all original characters would be but there are chances that the some...unneeded ones such as Jigglypuff or Mr. G & W will not be returning. i could careless if no new pokemon make an appearance (since they have ended that by adding the PT) or if another branch from the Metroid series is added(like Ridley which in my opinion is a stupid idea.) It is quite possible that Ness and all of these characters will not show up in Brawl but we are not deadly sure. So for those of you who like to ***** and whine just stop it and wait....wait until we are for certain things will happen and then you are given the opportunity to cry till your emo hearts content. Does it matter if Ness is not in the game? No because your going to play Brawl anyways! Same with characters like Sonic or Snake, you would still play it anyways. Congratz on the ***** sucking, and good day :D

kunai_abuser

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you're right, we will still play if he's not in it, but we have a right to discuss this topic and debate over his return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom