• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas replacing Ness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Who thinks that lucas is replacing Ness???
well for the ppl who think this its false.
CONTEXT CLUES show Ness will be in there
"Is it possible he can surpass Ness"
And plus sakuri said all ORGINAL SSB chrachters were in the brawl so just to clear that up

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
yeah the original 12 should return no question.
I think they should just have totally different movesets and attributes.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
There is a bunch of other threads where you can discuss this, go there, also, Luke, as long as Lucas isnt a Ness clone, I wouldnt mind if Ness was in, actually I want Ness, but I would have to say I woulnt like it if Lucas turns to be the exact same thing, but they can easily make Lucas different.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
also, Luke, as long as Lucas isnt a Ness clone, I wouldnt mind if Ness was in, actually I want Ness, but I would have to say I woulnt like it if Lucas turns to be the exact same thing, but they can easily make Lucas different.
Or they can make Ness an alternate costume and give the spotlight Ness deserves.
Luke Groundwalker trolls any thread with Ness in the title, you should just ignore him.
Or how about you stop being an idiot, son, and face that fact that people have other opinions that go against your ****ty tastes?

vesperview

Smash Hero
No, no one sees what you mean. Matter of fact, it's blatantly shown that you come here like some whiny ***** to cry about how I don't want Ness in.
In fact is the other way around cause whenever I comment about Ness in some thread you immediately do a comment about how ****ty and undeserving the character is, so, to each their own I guess, stop replying already.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
In fact is the other way around cause whenever I comment about Ness in some thread you immediately do a comment about how ****ty and undeserving the character is, so, to each their own I guess, stop replying already.
Obviously so, apparently my whole point in posting in to torment you only even though I could give a rat's *** about some kid who's just one in hundreds of fanboys who want Ness in.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Obviously so, apparently my whole point in posting in to torment you only even though I could give a rat's *** about some kid who's just one in hundreds of fanboys who want Ness in.
If you give a rat's *** why the hell do you keep replying then? Every post of yours is just to seek attention, if you don't give a **** about Ness fanboys and them wanting Ness to return why do you have an entire thread telling them why Ness won't return?

Whatever, you just love trolling the boards.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
If you give a rat's *** why the hell do you keep replying then? Every post of yours is just to seek attention, if you don't give a **** about Ness fanboys and them wanting Ness to return why do you have an entire thread telling them why Ness won't return?
Because I got sick and tired of idiots saying that there was no good reason why Ness should go?
Whatever, you just love trolling the boards.
Oh, you got me there!

EPX2

Smash Ace
I doubt Ness will be replaced, seeing as that'd kinda contradict Sakurai's sentiments about not wanting to focus on adding characters that are only popular in a certain region.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Because I got sick and tired of idiots saying that there was no good reason why Ness should go?

Oh, you got me there!
So, you're calling us idiots, then, if you put it that way, we also got sick of idiots (you are a great example) who think he is not coming back, couse they only see the reasons which lowers his chances, without realising that are other reasons that point out the opposite.
If you post something, and they just dont agree with you, you dont need to post the exact same thing over, and over again, we didnt agree with you, that you post it again and again will not make us change, but hate you even more, and not take seriously in the future, like...right now, believe me, if someone else had posted that, we oviously wouldnt have reacted like we did with you.

oh, vesperview, I see what you mean, and believe me, a LOT of people see what you mean.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
So, you're calling us idiots, then, if you put it that way, we also got sick of idiots (you are a great example) who think he is not coming back, couse they only see the reasons which lowers his chances, without realising that are other reasons that point out the opposite.
I'm not calling no one an idiot in this thread. I'm just referring to the many people who were hating on people who want Ness out a while back for supposedly having bad reasons to support Ness not being in Brawl. I got sick of that and made a thread shedding light that not all people who want Ness out have **** reasons.
If you post something, and they just dont agree with you, you dont need to post the exact same thing over, and over again, we didnt agree with you, that you post it again and again will not make us change, but hate you even more, and not take seriously in the future, like...right now, believe me, if someone else had posted that, we oviously wouldnt have reacted like we did with you.
Wait, what? That didn't make one bit of sense at all.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Shed light? You're reasoning in that thread was biased and unfounded... the only thing you have going for you is that Sakurai was going to put Lucas in Melee, period!
No it wasn't, I gave the facts to the situation, none of it was bias. Go on, try to find something I said in that thread that was biased.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
See what I mean?
No, no one sees what you mean. Matter of fact, it's blatantly shown that you come here like some whiny ***** to cry about how I don't want Ness in.
Yeah I see what you mean.

Also, Ness is awesome, Ninten is cooler, Lucas, well, I don't know much about him since I've never played mother 3, but Earthbound was such a epic game while there's no reason to bring Ninten back just because he's retro.

Plus, that red hat is irreplaceable, especially by blond people as if Nintendo is not filled with them already.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Generations need to pass? Other characters are more deserving? Lucas can have a better Subspace Emissary plot line? Those are not facts, just biased ****.
If you even read it, you'd see none of it was biased. But apparently reading and understanding simple concepts is beyond your ability.

vesperview

Smash Hero
If you even read it, you'd see none of it was biased. But apparently reading and understanding is beyond your ability.
Those are your BIASED opinions... Sakurai never said any of that **** you stated in that thread for it to be facts, and don't even get me started on your Link example which is the most idiotic example I've seen on a thread.

You can't stand up for those points with ACTUAL facts.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Those are your BIASED opinions...
No, not really.
Sakurai never said any of that **** you stated in that thread for it to be facts,
Of course Sakurai never said anything I said. I'm not Sakurai. Sakurai also never said any of the reasons Ness supporters typically use in an argument.
and don't even get me started on your Link example which is the most idiotic example I've seen on a thread.
And yet no one has ever stated why it was idiotic even though it was a fact. It's like a Christian saying I was idiotic if I pointed out a contradiction in the Bible.
You can't stand up for those points with ACTUAL facts.
I agree, which is why I supported all of it with actual facts.

vesperview

Smash Hero
No, not really.
Yes, they are.

Of course Sakurai never said anything I said. I'm not Sakurai. Sakurai also never said any of the reasons Ness supporters typically use in an argument.
Then they're both biased.

And yet no one has ever stated why it was idiotic even though it was a fact. It's like a Christian saying I was idiotic if I pointed out a contradiction in the Bible.
It's idiotic because Link is just a hero reincarnated in different generations not a different character like Ness and Lucas.

I agree, which is why I supported all of it with actual facts.
That makes no sense.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Yes, they are.
Okay, then tell me how they're biased. Even though I supported all of my opinions with facts in that thread (something I tend to do), elaborate on how anything I said was biased.

I AM biased against Ness, but I certainly wasn't biased in the thread specifically.
It's idiotic because Link is just a hero reincarnated in different generations not a different character like Ness and Lucas.
Uh, no, I'm sorry, but that's all wrong. Link ISN'T reincarnated over different generations. There's nothing in any game or interview that EVER suggests that. Each Link is completely different characters but with similar design and same concept, like the typical Mother main character or the typical Magical Vacation/Magical Starsign main character. Each main character has the same personality, same exact moves, slightly different design, wields the same weapons, has the same stats (at least in Mother and Magical Vacation series, as there isn't stats in the LoZ series), etc.
That makes no sense.
Yes it does, because unlike the typical and idiotic opinion, I can actually support mine with facts, which I did in that thread.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Not to involve myself in this argument, but I must say that I find it quite funny that vesperview is making such a big issue out of making unfounded claims after that whole debacle in the Toad thread. Just an observation.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Okay, then tell me how they're biased. Even though I supported all of my opinions with facts in that thread (something I tend to do), elaborate on how anything I said was biased.
LOL @ facts... Generations need to pass? That is your biased opinion, if that was a fact, any character, specially Pokemons will get the boot and get replaced with their newest incarnations, comparing the Ninten, Ness and Lucas timeline to Link in order to get your point across it's stupid and biased and it proves how you weren't able to come up with a good excuse to support that point.

Other characters deserve the spot more? I don't see how that is not a biased opinion despite any ranting and so called fact you add to it.

Lucas can have a better story? Considering we don't even know how the stories develop in subspace this point is not even worth an argument.

I AM biased against Ness, but I certainly wasn't biased in the thread specifically.
At least you admit you are biased.

Uh, no, I'm sorry, but that's all wrong. Link ISN'T reincarnated over different generations. There's nothing in any game or interview that EVER suggests that. Each Link is completely different characters but with similar design and same concept, like the typical Mother main character or the typical Magical Vacation/Magical Starsign main character. Each main character has the same personality, same exact moves, slightly different design, wields the same weapons, has the same stats (at least in Mother and Magical Vacation series, as there isn't stats in the LoZ series), etc.
Okay if Link is a completely different character in every game, how come there is a timeline to the games? Instead of a series like Final Fantasy who clearly have different leads in their games... they are reincarnations, you have to be an idiot to not know that.

and here is the PROOF of that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_(The_Legend_of_Zelda)

Something you can never add to your statements.

Not to involve myself in this argument, but I must say that I find it quite funny that vesperview is making such a big issue out of making unfounded claims after that whole debacle in the Toad thread. Just an observation.

This is the only proof you need about Toad's deconfirmation, is no unfounded or biased and unlike yours it's actually on the ****ING DOJO!

The Red M

Smash Apprentice
Luke I dont know how in the world you became a "Smash Lord", but I'm gonna say this right here and right now. SHUT THE **** UP!! Stop *****ing at people about stupid things. You are an inconsiderate little *******.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Lucas' attack (shown on dojo) doesn't look like anything ness used before, so you never know, maybe Ness will come back :) (I personally don't like him, but I think he should come back :])

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
LOL @ facts... Generations need to pass? That is your biased opinion, if that was a fact, any character, specially Pokemons will get the boot and get replaced with their newest incarnations,
The thing is, with Pokemon, all of the old Pokemon are STILL in the newer games. You can't really replace any of them at all.

With the Mother series, each one is it's own story with a main character that's similar to the one before, which is exactly what the Legend of Zelda series does. Putting Ness AND Lucas in is like putting the Link from OoT and the Link from TP in at the same time; that is a fact, either you deny it or not.
comparing the Ninten, Ness and Lucas timeline to Link in order to get your point across it's stupid and biased and it proves how you weren't able to come up with a good excuse to support that point.
I never compared the timelines of the Mother series with Legend of Zelda at all, what are you talking about?
Other characters deserve the spot more? I don't see how that is not a biased opinion despite any ranting and so called fact you add to it.
Yes, afraidly, other characters DO indeed deserve a spot, especially when it comes to a second Mother rep. Would people enjoy playing as two characters that play very similar to each other or would they rather play as just one that plays originally along with a completely original character from the series (Claus comes to mind)?
Lucas can have a better story? Considering we don't even know how the stories develop in subspace this point is not even worth an argument.
Sakurai said:
The Adventure mode also emphasizes character development. You’ll see many famous characters persevering under the weight of their personal histories, shouldering their unique burdens... It’s really something you won’t see anywhere else.
lolwut?
Okay if Link is a completely different character in every game, how come there is a timeline to the games?
What does timelines have to do with anything? Link is a completely different character in every game (sans the spinoffs/sequals like Link's Awakening or Majora's Mask), which is apparent as every game takes place hundreds of years apart taking place. That, and it was stated officially by Miyamoto or Aonuma multiple times that each game has a different Link.
Instead of a series like Final Fantasy who clearly have different leads in their games... they are reincarnations, you have to be an idiot to not know that.
No, I'm sorry, they're not. But you can continue believing that in your make-believe world of logic.
and here is the PROOF of that:

Something you can never add to your statements.
Obviously as wikipedia is ALWAYS right and NEVER has errors on it.

It has never been stated at all that each Link or Zelda character is a reincarnation of each other. The only thing that's been stated is that each game has a different Link or a different Zelda, nothing about reincarnation.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
No, I'm sorry, they're not. But you can continue believing that in your make-believe world of logic.

Obviously as wikipedia is ALWAYS right and NEVER has errors on it.

It has never been stated at all that each Link or Zelda character is a reincarnation of each other. The only thing that's been stated is that each game has a different Link or a different Zelda, nothing about reincarnation.
It doesn't even lead anywhere, but anyways..

Character development
There have been several iterations of Link in the history of Hyrule, as confirmed by Miyamoto. The existence of multiple Links is made obvious on many occasions in the games; for example, the introduction sequences of The Wind Waker and The Minish Cap refer to an ancient, legendary champion who is identical in appearance to Link, and The Wind Waker directly mentions the "Hero of Time" (a title given to Link in Ocarina of Time) as a historical entity. Link and Zelda are reincarnations or descendants of the same two people. However, Ganondorf, the main villain, is always the same person. Shigeru Miyamoto has stated, "For every Zelda game we tell a new story, but we actually have an enormous document that explains how the game relates to the others, and bind them together. But to be honest, they are not that important to us. We care more about developing the game system ... give the player new challenges for every chapter that is born."

:]

heypancho

Smash Apprentice
Actually, yeah Link is reincarnated n stuff. Wind Waker is obvious of that I think. Tetra=Zelda.. she gets awakened. And the whole intro to the game talks about a legend of a boy in green.

But none of that really matters.. lol. It's true though, OoT Link and TP Link in brawl is a waste, as is a Ness and Lucas, IF their moves are too similar. But, I think they can co-exist if they differ. We don't even know Lucas' moves, or anything. There hasn't been any updates of him -_-.

And you guys are slamming Luke a lot lol.. he didn't seem so bad from what I've seen in this particular thread. This is a Lucas replacing Ness topic.. can't all agree. Disagreeing makes for good conversation though, but a little harsh o_o.

I'm not taking sides. I used Ness. I want him back, but I'm not against Lucas replacing Ness. Honestly Ness only has sentimental value to me because of Melee, but had Lucas been in Melee it would have been the other way around. I don't even know Lucas from Mother 3, and if Claus has such a big hype, I don't think it should be argued about if he can be totally unique. I find it more interesting to have Claus and Lucas than two characters having very similar moves in Ness and Claus.

Then again, I like Wind Waker Link for brawl too >_>.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
It doesn't even lead anywhere, but anyways..

Character development
There have been several iterations of Link in the history of Hyrule, as confirmed by Miyamoto. The existence of multiple Links is made obvious on many occasions in the games; for example, the introduction sequences of The Wind Waker and The Minish Cap refer to an ancient, legendary champion who is identical in appearance to Link, and The Wind Waker directly mentions the "Hero of Time" (a title given to Link in Ocarina of Time) as a historical entity. Link and Zelda are reincarnations or descendants of the same two people. However, Ganondorf, the main villain, is always the same person. Shigeru Miyamoto has stated, "For every Zelda game we tell a new story, but we actually have an enormous document that explains how the game relates to the others, and bind them together. But to be honest, they are not that important to us. We care more about developing the game system ... give the player new challenges for every chapter that is born."

:]
And obviously wikipedia NEVER has errors.
Zeela12 said:
a character doesn't need to be in smash to be awesome you know.
Yes, but you said he should return in Smash, suggesting he was in a past Smash game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom