• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas replacing Ness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
No, ur just a ****ing idiot, thats all you are, superior? hahaha, keep on dreaming you stupid ****!
And this is coming from someone who uses "ur." I highly suggest no one listen to him. He can't help his idiocy.
Your Hero said:
Well would you like to find somewhere that proves that wikipedia is wrong?
I dunno, the fact that there is NO official statement saying that Link is a reincarnation of another Link?

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Neither an official one claiming they are different characters and you call that a fact?
There's an interview with Miyamoto or Aonuma stating that there's different Links, I'm 100% sure about that. It was back around when Wind Waker was released. I really can't dig up something that old and deep so easily, but I'll try to.

Edit: There it is.
the guy who wrote the interview. said:
In the beginning of the game, we see Link receive his trademark green tunic. It is explained that Link is the Hero of Time. Just how many Links are there?

AONUMA: In our opinions, every Zelda game features a different Link. A new hero named Link always rises to fight evil.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There's something you need to remember about your Link argument. The Link and Zelda in the SSB series aren't connected to any other game in the Zelda series.

EPX2

Smash Ace

This is the only proof you need about Toad's deconfirmation, is no unfounded or biased and unlike yours it's actually on the ****ING DOJO!
I note that you've still yet to point out anything about how this deconfirms Toad. I also note that you've still not yet been able to provide a rebuttal to my point about how it wouldn't be the first time that we've had a character make both a non-playable and playable appearance in a fighting game.

vesperview

Smash Hero
I note that you've still yet to point out anything about how this deconfirms Toad. I also note that you've still not yet been able to provide a rebuttal to my point about how it wouldn't be the first time that we've had a character make both a non-playable and playable appearance in a fighting game.
I must remind you this isn't the Toad thread and that you probably should return to Toad's official thread to fantasize about his moveset, I don't give a **** about either your Toad argument or how to rebuttal any of your points, you can only base toads appearance in probability and it's probably not even hitting 10%, so there, is that what you want to hear? Now stay on topic or leave.

EPX2

Smash Ace
I must remind you this isn't the Toad thread and that you probably should return to Toad's official thread to fantasize about his moveset, I don't give a **** about either your Toad argument or how to rebuttal any of your points, you can only base toads appearance in probability and it's probably not even hitting 10%, so there, is that what you want to hear? Now stay on topic or leave.
That's exactly what I was arguing. Did it seriously take you that long to figure out that I wasn't saying that Toad will be in the game?

EPX2

Smash Ace
Call it whatever you want, I honestly don't care. As long as you aren't mistaking my intentions as being something they aren't (in this case, suggesting that Toad will definitely be in the game, which I never once stated nor implied), that's fine with me.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Didn't Jabun ask The King Of Red Lions in The Wind Waker if that Link was a reincarnation of the Hero of Time and The King replied that he wasn't? That's in-game canon, you know.

I'm blurry on the Ness issue... if I had my way... *sigh*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Didn't Jabun ask The King Of Red Lions in The Wind Waker if that Link was a reincarnation of the Hero of Time and The King replied that he wasn't? That's in-game canon, you know.

I'm blurry on the Ness issue... if I had my way... *sigh*
I think he asked if he was the Hero of Time, not necessarily a reincarnation. Come to think of it, didn't Ganondorf reveal that Link and Zelda were reincarnated?

Dr.Z

Smash Cadet
In my opinion they shouldn't have added Lucas in the first place. Understandable that the japanese might be freaking but obviously we have no clue about this Japan import. For Ness though he will be in brawl, no question. He was in 64, he was in melee, so why would his smash legacy stop here?

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Ness is returning, undeniable.

Why? APE is listed in the credits. The rights to items and Mr. Saturn carried over to Brownie Brown, the series' new producer. Under the name APE inc, they only did one game for Nintendo that I can think of, which was Earthbound. They used the name Creatures Inc from then on, which is also listed on the site.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Well, we have seen some peopple pointing out similair movesets from ness to lucas, but how different can two psychic boys be? similair weight,power,speed, and attacks to some degree. ness for alt costume.

Hong

The Strongest
Ness is returning, undeniable.

Why? APE is listed in the credits. The rights to items and Mr. Saturn carried over to Brownie Brown, the series' new producer. Under the name APE inc, they only did one game for Nintendo that I can think of, which was Earthbound. They used the name Creatures Inc from then on, which is also listed on the site.
Oh, because they wouldn't DARE use a sticker or trophy of Ness. >.> Using a trophy would still require crediting the original distributer, creator or parties involved. If Ness were to be removed as a character, they wouldn't dare go on without giving him a trophy. Especially when they already have trophies of him in melee they could port to Brawl if they were too lazy to make their own.

My response above isn't for or against Ness. Just saying this means absolutely nothing. A fair sum of the Ness supporters don't even care for EarthBound (don't reply saying "YES I DO", I said some not all). They can still get a character with the same abilities by playing Lucas and they could then give the second MOTHER slot to someone who can offer something interesting like Claus or Kumatora.

For those people who are supporting Ness just because they liked him in SSB64 and Melee exclusively, you really have very little reasoning to be in this argument. You'd still be getting a character who offers the same things with the same qualities only better. You know little to nothing about the character and are just arguing to be stubborn.

For those who are supporting Ness because you're a fan of EarthBound/MOTHER 2, I can understand your anguish but don't be suprised if he is being replaced. We're 100% guaranteed to at least get a MOTHER 2 stage and a Ness trophy. Though I won't try to sway your views. I felt the same thing because I'm a fan of Fire Emblem and I loved Roy, but I know he's being replaced by Ike no questions asked. I am also a fan of the MOTHER series and I played EarthBound on its debut, thus I grew very close to the colourful characters. I understand your point of view but I personally feel it's for the better.

Ah well. To each their own.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Well the more I think of it, replacing ness would be ******** (I use to be pro replace Ness). Think if we have a roster of over 40 characters why would they replace character like Ness for less established characters like Takamaru or Wolf (nothing against these characters). I do the probable roster so I've had some experience with the list of most probable chars and well after 40 it becomes quite random.

Plus Lucas has shown time after time that Lucas =/= Ness

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Well, we have seen some peopple pointing out similair movesets from ness to lucas, but how different can two psychic boys be? similair weight,power,speed, and attacks to some degree. ness for alt costume.
I'm sorry but there is no actual proof that Lucas has the same attacks as ness. I'll prove it :], Let me edit this post in a bit. I've already posted the images up before though..

Also on Lucas' map, there are no pics of him attacking, only of him being attacked by the chimera. :]

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
APE listed on the credits could mean Mother 2 music and no Ness. :(

BTW, The Zelda in WW would be Zelda's decendant, not her reincarnation... I think that was stated, something about the bloodline, or the family, or something... gotta play that game again soon, I guess.

Links could all be different characters with the same name by destiny. I do believe they're not reincarnations, but I need to look into it.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
APE listed on the credits could mean Mother 2 music and no Ness. :(

BTW, The Zelda in WW would be Zelda's decendant, not her reincarnation... I think that was stated, something about the bloodline, or the family, or something... gotta play that game again soon, I guess.

Links could all be different characters with the same name by destiny. I do believe they're not reincarnations, but I need to look into it.
They are reincarnations, I already posted the proof on this thread lol.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I believe Ness will return, from what we can tell so far, several moves on Lucas are completely different though we can't confirmt his until at least the special updates for him.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
They are reincarnations, I already posted the proof on this thread lol.
You gave me a wikipedia paragraph. Wikipedia is alright to compile the information and quote THE SOURCE... and when I looked for the source of that passage, no real answer was given... it all points to decendants.

BTW, I just booted up The Phantom Hourglass, and it said that Tetra was next in the lineage, a.k.a. decendant.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
You guys realize that no matter how much you argue it will not change Sakurai's decision, right?

Luke plz stop trolling. I'm getting tired of scrolling over your posts.

I would like Ness in, but if Lucas plays similarly to him then I would still care cuz I play him cauxe he's my favorite video game character. Jeff has a pretty good chance if they drop Ness cuz he was one of the most requested characters. I wouldn't be suprised if the mother series has 3 reps from looking at its places in the character polls.

EPX2

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be suprised if the mother series has 3 reps from looking at its places in the character polls.
Considering how small and not wildly successful the franchise is, that's highly unlikely. I'd expect two at most - Lucas and Ness.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
No guys, every link is link himself. What Miyamoto was talking about with different Links is the fact they recreate his personality and character each time they make a new game. They have even mentioned in some games the time line that it follows through. However in the end Nintendo sucks at following storyline so it's understnadable to believe anything when it comes to VGC stories.

For example my story about Mario is that he's an etrepeneur who was sent into another dimension in order to make profits. He saves the princess because Bowser does lowsy buisness. Oh and he's a womanizer:chuckle:

So what was this topic about again. :confused:

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
Oh, because they wouldn't DARE use a sticker or trophy of Ness. >.> Using a trophy would still require crediting the original distributer, creator or parties involved. If Ness were to be removed as a character, they wouldn't dare go on without giving him a trophy. Especially when they already have trophies of him in melee they could port to Brawl if they were too lazy to make their own.

My response above isn't for or against Ness. Just saying this means absolutely nothing. A fair sum of the Ness supporters don't even care for EarthBound (don't reply saying "YES I DO", I said some not all). They can still get a character with the same abilities by playing Lucas and they could then give the second MOTHER slot to someone who can offer something interesting like Claus or Kumatora.

For those people who are supporting Ness just because they liked him in SSB64 and Melee exclusively, you really have very little reasoning to be in this argument. You'd still be getting a character who offers the same things with the same qualities only better. You know little to nothing about the character and are just arguing to be stubborn.

For those who are supporting Ness because you're a fan of EarthBound/MOTHER 2, I can understand your anguish but don't be suprised if he is being replaced. We're 100% guaranteed to at least get a MOTHER 2 stage and a Ness trophy. Though I won't try to sway your views. I felt the same thing because I'm a fan of Fire Emblem and I loved Roy, but I know he's being replaced by Ike no questions asked. I am also a fan of the MOTHER series and I played EarthBound on its debut, thus I grew very close to the colourful characters. I understand your point of view but I personally feel it's for the better.

Ah well. To each their own.
Finally someone who thinks positive, you're cool. :)

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
You guys realize that no matter how much you argue it will not change Sakurai's decision, right?

Luke plz stop trolling. I'm getting tired of scrolling over your posts.

I would like Ness in, but if Lucas plays similarly to him then I would still care cuz I play him cauxe he's my favorite video game character. Jeff has a pretty good chance if they drop Ness cuz he was one of the most requested characters. I wouldn't be suprised if the mother series has 3 reps from looking at its places in the character polls.
We know that, it's called a debate lol :|

Noshiee

Smash Ace
I'm not trolling, idiot, just correcting ***** who think they're right.
does that make you feel better? or more important?
people who get angry or bothered when somebody else is "wrong" about something, and think they need to correct them and/or flame them, especially forum people, are pathetic.
And so are the people who get offended by this people.

If you dont agree with someone else, is not going to affect you, especially if is about a videogame. It doesnt matter if what the other person thinks is already deconfirmed or somethink, and just TELL (not flame or insult) him/her that he/she is wrong and give a good and believable proof, and if that doesnt work, and doesnt convinces him/her, well just let him/her think what he/she wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom