• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas replacing Ness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Why do we need this thread again? Ness is gone, these are the Lucas boards, any thread with Ness in the title becomes a Ness thread immediately, why would Ness return with a new moveset? answer is, he won't, if he didn't have a proper moveset based on what he could actually do in his game since the beginning, why on earth would he do now? He is not important enough to be "Luigified", the Mother series deserves to be repped by their latest installment just like Zelda is.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
It just doesn't sound reasonable that they took out Ness.
There's nothing that points out for that being true.
"Up until now" (quoting the Dojo) says nothing. It's just stating that Ness has been in the games until now. Now Lucas could be joining him.
Some people are really pessimist. "Oh the character looks like ness, he's totally out."
On Dojo Sakurai also says "Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!"
Well, how do you think you'll get that question answered unless you compare both characters in the same game? How about you play with both to see which one wins?
Wouldn't it be fun to have psychic kids throwing powers at each other? Sakurai isn't stupid.

In the Dojo it also says "Lucas is very similar." "But Lucas’s physical combat style is quite different."
Mario/Luigi anyone ?
I'm sorry but if someone concludes that Ness is out because of these statements, I just can't understand them.
Maybe if Lucas wasn't intended to replace Ness in Melee (which is 90% of my decessiveness(sp?) I was "Ness is gone" since Oct. 1)

And don't bring Luigi into this. He was there since... BEFORE Super Mario Bros. He's so important he deserves to be in even if he's similar to Mario. Ness is not as important.

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
Why are people using the "He isn't important card", Ice Climbers were never 'important' to Nintendo, and yet they're in Melee and Brawl.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I disagree with the "Ness isn't important" argument because Ness was one of the original smashers! If anyone is less important, it should really be Lucas (though I like Lucas). Lucas only appeared in a Japan-only installment of his franchise, while MOTHER 2, Ness's game, was released in North America as well, so it seems like Ness would be the iconic figure of the MOTHER series.

I don't know whether or not to think Ness will be in, cuz I love him, but I don't know if I need two characters with the same special moves. I guess I'll just see Feb. 10th!

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Maybe if Lucas wasn't intended to replace Ness in Melee (which is 90% of my decessiveness(sp?) I was "Ness is gone" since Oct. 1)

And don't bring Luigi into this. He was there since... BEFORE Super Mario Bros. He's so important he deserves to be in even if he's similar to Mario. Ness is not as important.
And Ness isn't important enough to be put in the game?
I see no reason why they would take away Ness.

Because Lucas' attacks and moves are very similar, it doesn't mean Ness can't be in.
It's not like there can be no clone-like characters.
Lugi is the proof that similar characters can exist.
Nothing that has been given to us shows that Ness has been replaced. It's not like Ness' fame is over, and now Lucas takes over.
Ness actually owes his fame in America and Europe thanks to the first Smash Brothers.
Let's not forget that the team doing the game was Melee fanatic and some were bound to like Ness.
I bet there were meetings on who stayed and who went out.
If they're gonna keep luigi, it then becomes very likely that they will keep Ness.

Luigi and Ness are important in their own way.
I don't know MOTHER and Earthbound well enough to compare it to Super Mario Bros. games but at least you have to remain neutral. You can't claim Ness is gone when there's no evidence to support it.
The way the sentences have been phrased do not give a way Ness's disappearence, or some kind of "overthrowning" by Lucas was made.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Stop comparing Ness to Luigi, it only proves you don't have a point or an argument to actually support Ness's return, in terms of Smash he may be the well-known one, in terms of Mother series, specially in Japan, Lucas has taken over, plus, Ness's spot is one that could be easily fulfilled by Lucas, there's no need to keep both PK users in Brawl, they're far from being a Mario and Luigi combo, they're not even from the same game.

W.Jr

Smash Lord
Lucas replacing Ness is like the best thing, i play with ness random and he is funny to play with, though i think Lucas would be better in several ways.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
I don't like either really, both seem too corny in a way, both are psychics... both have bad hair... both just use kind of the same moves. I didn't really want ness to return or have someone from the same game taking his place. No offense.

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
best way to get something is to not bother thinking about it, i mean that how i found sonic to be a playable character now . I was chuffed seeing it myself but i never made a huge fuss before hand. The same kinda works here for Ness, don't fuss or stress over him and he will appear.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry guys, but I don't see the point in leaving this thread open. IIf I had to label this discussion as 'useless' or 'unnecessary', I would label it as both. If anyone disagrees and want to complain, PM me, obviously. But for now, this thread is a no-no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom