• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social King K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats: This...Is Our Finest Hour!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Leaks bogus anyway... no way Nintendo does a direct the month after E3... we won't get another direct till at least September. We may get Smash announcements through the site or special trailers but we're not getting a July direct.. though I agree with BKupa666 BKupa666 I'm absolutely bracing myself for the real possibility K. Rool gets hit with AT status... I don't want it but it's certainly possible.
Given character reveals are what are shown in each Direct for the most part, and based on what I said about assist trophies and character trailers on the last page, I say we may need to wait for a Smash related Direct to see if K. Rool is an assist trophy. Just a guess. And while they might not reveal a Direct this month, it is still possible that they could. They had a Splatoon 2 based Direct last July a month after the E3 Presentation of 2017. Yeah, not exactly a general Direct, but you know what I mean, still. I am hoping for a Mini Direct this month, personally.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I feel like Splatoon is a special case since it's a summer themed game, it made sense to have a direct in July.. I just don't see a direct happening.. but hey if we get one that's fine too. I still think the leak is bogus... not even because of the K. Rool AT possibility mainly the other info just sounds off.. especially the Yoshi game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
And also the really weird tidbit about Pokemon. Like, who expects info about anything but Let's Go right now, exactly? Why is that "surprising"?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I feel like Splatoon is a special case since it's a summer themed game, it made sense to have a direct in July.. I just don't see a direct happening.. but hey if we get one that's fine too. I still think the leak is bogus... not even because of the K. Rool AT possibility mainly the other info just sounds off.. especially the Yoshi game.
I did say the Splatoon Direct was not a general Direct, but my point was that I believe we will get a Direct in some form that is not a General Direct sometime this month, whatever it may be. I can see a Mini Direct happening, but I could be wrong, but yeah, you should know what I mean.

StormC

Smash Hero
Apologies for the multiple quotes, but I was wondering how on earth you are supposed to tell which "anonymous" is which here.

Like, any one of you could log into that post, say that King K. Rool is getting an alt with a cane and dentures, and I'd have no idea whether or not you were the OP.

Is there actually a way to tell, or is this just a 4chan thing?
Well for one, you can only post every 60 seconds. There are ways to check IP but it’s unknown to me.

Without a tripcode there’s no way to know for sure.

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
They wouldn't be Anonymous if you could tell them apart
Come now. I've been on forums in the past where they will label anonymous posters Anonymous #1, Anonymous #2, etc. This allows people to broach or discuss a sensitive topic they might not want to be linked to them (like family problems, for example) whilst thread respondents still understand they're still talking to the original poster. It is perfectly reasonable for someone who has not used 4chan to query whether it has a similar system in place.

Next time you're rushing to post an unhelpful response please take a moment to mull it over.

SSB4 Roy Pharae

Smash Apprentice
I'm also hoping a Nintendo Direct happens this month, even if only for a little bit of more Smash info. King K. Rool being an assist trophy would be a huge disservice as many enjoy the character and can see what he can really offer to the table based on his different personas. I would really love it if both King K. Rool and Dixie Kong were revealed in a trailer with Gangplank Galleon as a stage (like Charizard and Greninja, Lucina and Robin). But even just King K. Rool alone as a playable character would make me really happy.

They've waited many years from Melee to Ultimate to finally have Ridley playable, the same can apply to King K. Rool here and Sakurai's pretty much aware of that popularity if he made that Mii costume based on his original Rare look after the ballot and that he got Ridley in due to overseas demand.

I look back to ChronoBound's own observation poll at the time of Smash 4, which King K. Rool was said to be requested a lot in Japan, with Dixie Kong up there. https://smashboards.com/threads/obs...es-desires-for-smash-4-by-chronobound.338160/

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Yeah, it's been a while since E3 now - almost a month.

Pls Sakurai, we're starting to get hungry for news again...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also I could totally see Nintendo doing something asinine like "K.Rool is a Play-Asia.com exclusive!"
If K. Rool is a retailer exclusive and ISN'T exclusive to K-Mart, something is very wrong with the world.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Come now. I've been on forums in the past where they will label anonymous posters Anonymous #1, Anonymous #2, etc. This allows people to broach or discuss a sensitive topic they might not want to be linked to them (like family problems, for example) whilst thread respondents still understand they're still talking to the original poster. It is perfectly reasonable for someone who has not used 4chan to query whether it has a similar system in place.

Next time you're rushing to post an unhelpful response please take a moment to mull it over.
It's only unhelpful because you're unhelpable.

Nothing I can do about that

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
If K. Rool ends up being an Assist Trophy then my motivation to get the game (at least on day 1) will die out. I'd be pretty bummed out.

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
If King K. Rool ended up as an Assist Trophy I'd be disappointed that he isn't playable, but I'd be glad that he got something. I mean, being an Assist would be better than what he's gotten in the past 10 years...

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8woi26/the_top_30_most_commonly_leaked_characters_for/

Some interesting stats, even if 99% of all the leaks are bogus. There's quite a few instances of a K. Rool reveal on the 9th, but I wouldn't get too excited as in all likelihood it's just people piggybacking on the first one that said the 9th that got some traction. But if it actually happened I'd go nuts.

K. Rool AT would suck indeed; it would sting horribly. But at least it would be something for the Kroc. He'd have an actual appearance that isn't a collectible trophy, his first in Smash and his first in over a decade period. If this scenario does come to pass, hopefully we can band together with the remnants of the Waluigi fanbase (toxic parts not included), to try to promote ATs into characters for DLC.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I mean, obviously be cautious, but since when has a Direct leak on 4chan *ever* been accurate, even ones that accidentally guessed a date for something? There's a ton of sketchy stuff here it's basically garbage.

Either way, it's *very* unlikely there'd be a Nintendo direct that isn't for a specific game literally a month after E3.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
I don't believe the leak but AT is a possibility.

I think he has what it takes to make the jump to playable.

But we make the best of whatever comes our way.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I mean, obviously be cautious, but since when has a Direct leak on 4chan *ever* been accurate, even ones that accidentally guessed a date for something? There's a ton of sketchy stuff here it's basically garbage.

Either way, it's *very* unlikely there'd be a Nintendo direct that isn't for a specific game literally a month after E3.
Of course, you'd be foolish to take any of these with more than a grain of salt. And there's no way we're getting something on the 9th if it hasn't been announced yet. But in this relative drought of information, and the blog mostly only showing us things we've already seen, the "leaks" serve to add some fuel to speculation and discussion which is much-needed. Those were a long three months between the first teaser and E3, and I hope we don't have to wait that long for some new information.

What's interesting though is that, on leaks, prediction lists, and wishlists, the overall community has seemed to come to a consensus on who they want and deem most likely. The likes of K. Rool, Geno, Isaac, Bandana Dee, Shadow/Dark Samus echoes, etc. At this point it's just a matter of which of them get to make that final step to playable, which of them get deconfirmed, and which of them get shoved into some "DLC Speculation" forum after the game launches.

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Had a thought.

I was watching a 1v1 between Ridley and DK, and I noticed they were almost the same size.

You know how K. Rool TOWERS over DK?

Well I think it would be kind of hilarious if K. Rool, not Ridley, ends up being the biggest character in the game. Not like the same size difference between them in DKC, but just in general in the new Smash.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Had a thought.

I was watching a 1v1 between Ridley and DK, and I noticed they were almost the same size.

Well I think it would be kind of hilarious if K. Rool, not Ridley, ends up being the biggest character in the game. Not like the same size difference between them in DKC, but just in general in the new Smash.
Ridley doing his taunt he's taller than bowser by his head

So same height as Ridley but not slouching

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/8woi26/the_top_30_most_commonly_leaked_characters_for/

Some interesting stats, even if 99% of all the leaks are bogus. There's quite a few instances of a K. Rool reveal on the 9th, but I wouldn't get too excited as in all likelihood it's just people piggybacking on the first one that said the 9th that got some traction. But if it actually happened I'd go nuts.

K. Rool AT would suck indeed; it would sting horribly. But at least it would be something for the Kroc. He'd have an actual appearance that isn't a collectible trophy, his first in Smash and his first in over a decade period. If this scenario does come to pass, hopefully we can band together with the remnants of the Waluigi fanbase (toxic parts not included), to try to promote ATs into characters for DLC.
I think it's hilarious that K. Rool is on more leaked lists than a character that was actually part of a so far accurate leak ha ha ha that speaks volumes of his known requestedness and popularity

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
All the leaks are straight up garbage! Until we get a legit leak with actual proof and pictures then we will know the truth, but after the last time when they leaked the roster for Smash 4 someone got fired so I highly doubt anyone would want to go through that and I'm pretty sure Nintendo and Sakurai are even more cautious on letting information getting leaked. I read on a reddit thread where someone quoted that only Sakurai and few people know the complete roster whereas most of the staff didn't even know Snake was in the game until the e3 presentation.

D

Deleted member

Yeah heard about that, there's some Japan expo thing happening, in London I believe, people are saying in these leaks that apparently due to the DKC cartoon. Being made in France, Sakurai will unveil K. Rool on that day to due with that. Don't know where all this is coming from, doubt it's true. I'd probably knock over my labtop if on the 9th K. Rool's trailer and unveil happen. It's probably nothing but glad he's appearing high in leaks.

Sirfishe

Smash Ace
If K. Rool ends up being an Assist Trophy then my motivation to get the game (at least on day 1) will die out. I'd be pretty bummed out.
I'm already bummed out because sakurai is known to do stuff like that :( Wouldn't feel Ultimate to me anymore

StormC

Smash Hero
Had a thought.

K. Rool's line of sight will probably be above Bowser and close to Ganondorf.

Something like this.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I would love to see K. Rool in this. I actually voted for him in the Smash Ballot. K. Rool is another character I made a mod for back in the Brawl days by editing King Dedede. He's got so much potential for a really interesting moveset and really deserves to get in.

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
K. Rool as an AT? I don't know if I see that happening. I don't think I even want to think about that. Sure, he'd have an animated role in Smash, but not being able to blast my most hated characters with Rool's blunderbuss would be a disappointment. I'd feel no fulfillment.

I PRAY this one's fake.

DarkFoxTeam

Smash Journeyman
Damn we just keep on getting more and more supporters. This makes me really happy. This crocodile family just keeps on getting bigger.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Had a thought.

This is exactly what I want should he make it in. I think Bowser is long overdue to being outclassed or matched in girth and strength. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't his weight and girth decreased in Smash For? That could serve as a hint of what's to come. I mentioned earlier in the thread that K. Rool should be massive and hulking, even topping Ganondorf and standing as tall as Ridley when he stands upright. Looking at DK, I think it's plausible enough.

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
It's alright guys. There's no reason to believe this leak or any others for the time being. Let's cool it with the leak stuff in general. it's nice to see K. Rool on so many, sure, and it probably speaks to his prominence in the community's mind that he is. But that's it!

Also, here's how I'd size K. Rool relative to DK and relative to the height of the battlefield platform. I'm sure one could fiddle with him more to make him crouch a little or hunch over or whatever to get him to be a little taller. I liked this render of K. Rool not only for the design but also because it is facing in a 3/4ths direction as opposed to the mokcup above. The mockup above is basically looking straight ahead, so we only get K. Rool's profile. That makes him look smaller. The 3/4ths direction emphasizes his heft, which I think is most important, especially now that DK seems to have switched to a 3/4ths direction as well.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The pose is accurate to the DKC1 sprite.

Maybe they'd shift the pose slightly to show off his girth and eyes more.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
The pose is accurate to the DKC1 sprite.

Maybe they'd shift the pose slightly to show off his girth and eyes more.
Yeah, the problem is in Smash Bros it would make K. Rool look smaller. K. Rool looks OK with Mario but next to DK and even Dedede is a different matter. He's a hefty guy. I think they should show that heft off by turning him more towards the camera, as they have other characters, even at the cost of a call back to the original sprite.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, the problem is in Smash Bros it would make K. Rool look smaller. K. Rool looks OK with Mario but next to DK and even Dedede is a different matter. He's a hefty guy. I think they should show that heft off by turning him more towards the camera, as they have other characters, even at the cost of a call back to the original sprite.
Would the pose in Bagan's mod be more to your liking then?

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
So someone on Reddit took a spreadsheet someone else posted that compiled the 30 "most leaked" characters for Smash Ultimate on 4chan, and then made a graph out of it:

Personally I don't think any of these leaks are totally credible. Someone in a reply in that Reddit thread posted a quote he heard from someone else allegedly on the development team:

"I'll let you in on a secret "leakers". Even people working here don't know the entire list. We find out characters on a need to know basis because of how anal they are with leaks. Most of the time legit leaks happen because of everything wrapping up, aka when everyone gets to see the full game before finalizing with last rounds of QA/ratings/manufacturing/selling, or extremely early if someone knows someone who saw Sakurai's full design plan instead of an abridged one. Like ****, I didn't even know Snake was in the game until the direct."

Which to me makes a lot more sense. Nintendo has been on point with not having huge leaks for the past few years, and compartmentalization would help prevent these kinds of leaks from happening. The only leak that was totally accurate was the one where it was evident the leaker had just seen the Direct early, so it wasn't someone with master knowledge of everything. So the huge overlap in this chart is less likely to be because over a dozen people on the development team know the whole roster and leaked it, and more that a lot of "leakers" are copying each other to seem more credible.

All that said, I would be shocked if K. Rool and a lot of these other characters aren't in the game. Because this game is clearly going for the most popular and requested characters (evidenced by Daisy and Ridley), with assistance from the ballot, this graph is a decent poll of who's actually popular. My predictions were K. Rool, Simon Belmont, Geno, Banjo and Kazooie, Skull Kid, and Sora, so it looks like I might be more than half right.

Surprised that Dark Samus is #3, though. That gives me a lot of hope, as Dark Samus and Chibi-Robo are my two top wishes. And there's a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing towards Dark Samus being playable one way or another, and I voted for Dark Samus in the ballot, so I'm slowly going crazy as I await confirmation that it's true. Hopefully I get her and you guys get K. Rool!

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So someone on Reddit took a spreadsheet someone else posted that compiled the 30 "most leaked" characters for Smash Ultimate on 4chan, and then made a graph out of it:

Personally I don't think any of these leaks are totally credible. Someone in a reply in that Reddit thread posted a quote he heard from someone else allegedly on the development team:

"I'll let you in on a secret "leakers". Even people working here don't know the entire list. We find out characters on a need to know basis because of how anal they are with leaks. Most of the time legit leaks happen because of everything wrapping up, aka when everyone gets to see the full game before finalizing with last rounds of QA/ratings/manufacturing/selling, or extremely early if someone knows someone who saw Sakurai's full design plan instead of an abridged one. Like ****, I didn't even know Snake was in the game until the direct."

Which to me makes a lot more sense. Nintendo has been on point with not having huge leaks for the past few years, and compartmentalization would help prevent these kinds of leaks from happening. The only leak that was totally accurate was the one where it was evident the leaker had just seen the Direct early, so it wasn't someone with master knowledge of everything. So the huge overlap in this chart is less likely to be because over a dozen people on the development team know the whole roster and leaked it, and more that a lot of "leakers" are copying each other to seem more credible.

All that said, I would be shocked if K. Rool and a lot of these other characters aren't in the game. Because this game is clearly going for the most popular and requested characters (evidenced by Daisy and Ridley), with assistance from the ballot, this graph is a decent poll of who's actually popular. My predictions were K. Rool, Simon Belmont, Geno, Banjo and Kazooie, Skull Kid, and Sora, so it looks like I might be more than half right.

Surprised that Dark Samus is #3, though. That gives me a lot of hope, as Dark Samus and Chibi-Robo are my two top wishes. And there's a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing towards Dark Samus being playable one way or another, and I voted for Dark Samus in the ballot, so I'm slowly going crazy as I await confirmation that it's true. Hopefully I get her and you guys get K. Rool!
Didn't we not even get the Brawl leak until near the end?

I'm not sure if/ when Smash 4 was leaked, but I remember seeing the "Prophets" revealing the roster with ROB and being disappointed during Brawl.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Speaking of that mod, has there been any gameplay footage of it yet?
Bagan has put it on hiatus unfortunately.

Didn't we not even get the Brawl leak until near the end?

I'm not sure if/ when Smash 4 was leaked, but I remember seeing the "Prophets" revealing the roster with ROB and being disappointed during Brawl.
Brawl was leaked towards the very end, not sure the exact date... just after Olimar was announced. It was just a text leak with the final characters.

Smash 3DS was leaked in August 2014 through an ESRB employee with photos.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bagan has put it on hiatus unfortunately.

Brawl was leaked towards the very end, not sure the exact date... just after Olimar was announced. It was just a text leak with the final characters.

Smash 3DS was leaked in August 2014 through an ESRB employee with photos.
I totally missed that. That would have been a cool leak to witness

Top Bottom